Debt Rattle November 17 2019

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle November 17 2019

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Pablo Picasso Chair 1942   • Ex-NSC Official Claims Sondland Said He Was Directed By Trump On Ukraine (CNN) • Prince Andrew Denies Sex With 17 Ye
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle November 17 2019]

V. Arnold
    Participant

6.4 trillion dollars?
    Wow, that must be a lot…
    So, of course most Usian’s have no idea/comprehension/understanding/context/economic savvy/etc., etc., etc., …………………………………………………….

But they’re educated to not understand; anything; …

V. Arnold
    Participant

Pablo Picasso Chair 1942

Frankly, I’m bored with Picasso’s cubism…
    Just not a fan of this style of art…
    But, by all means, please carry on…

boscohorowitz
    Participant

Black swans need not be large. Sometimes a small polyp or vascular obstruction can radically later history:

Trump makes sudden medical visit

I don’t think he’s particularly ill. More likely he’s taking advanced security measures these days so he doesn’t take a bullet.

Also, from the article:

“She added that Trump met with the family of a special forces solider who was inured in Afghanistan while at the facility.”

Even major name brand journalism can’t write above a 6th grade level anymore. “inured”?

Art for art’s sake

Seemed like good music to admire one of Picasso’s giddier experiments in multiple perspective.

zerosum
    Participant

Same old same old
    Why do we raise kids “not to lie?”
    Why do we raise kids “not to steal?”
    Why do we raise kids “in la-la-land?”

WARNING! ILLUSION. SHIFTED REALITY!

Pablo Picasso Chair 1942

boscohorowitz
    Participant

What about that Middle East, huh?

This Land Is Mine

As Vietnam Vet often reminds us: only now we have hypersonic nukes. Still, I’d rather be instantly vaporized than set on fire or hacked to bits.

Waddya know. It’s Sunday. Let us pray:

Sweet in the Morning

zerosum
    Participant

Re.: Ukraine military aid

Follow the money.
    (Simply put. lawyers and accountants set up a system to make sure that there is no proof of wrong doing)

1. USA gov. prints money.
    2. Money is used to pays companies for military aid before shipment
    3. Ukraine gov. gets inflated invoice for the military aid, which includes ALL the rake by all the participants.
    4. USA will forgive invoice/loan if Ukraine does “quid pro quo” re.: Russia
    5. If Ukraine doesn’t do the requested “Quid pro quo” then the loan is not forgiven and the Ukraine people will get taxed to pay the loan.
    6. Irregardless, the USA people must pay back the printing press + all the rake

zerosum
    Participant

Breaking news
    Quid pro Quo example

Alberta Premier Kenney challenges Legault on equalization payments

Alberta Premier Kenney challenges Legault on equalization payments
    Kenney said if Quebec and other provinces want to keep benefitting from those payments they should stop obstructing pipelines that carry Alberta oil.
    Presse Canadienne Updated: August 19, 2019

The response was sparked by Legault saying on Sunday that Quebec had a right to equalization payments — funding co-ordinated by the federal government to ensure the same level of services across the country — and possessed that right since the founding of Canada in 1867.
    However, Kenney pointed out on his Facebook page that Legault was unaware of the history of equalization payments, reminding the Quebec premier that the system was established not in 1867 but 1957 and written into the Constitution of 1982, which has yet to be ratified by Quebec.
    The Alberta premier added that his province had paid out $620 billion to other provinces since 1957, and if Quebec and other provinces want to continue to benefit from those payments they should stop obstructing pipelines that carry Alberta oil.
    Quebec received $13.1 billion in equalization payments from Ottawa in 2019, a sum that represents 11 per cent of its revenues.

Polder Dweller
    Participant

Poor Andy suffering with PTSD (post-traumatic sweat disorder).

If only having sex with pimped underage girls and then lying about it was actually funny.

sumac.carol
    Participant

Zerosum quid pro quo or just political game playing and scape goating and fanning flames of division?
    1. The current per-capita based federal transfer system in Canada was set up by the Harper government of which Jason Kenney was a part.
    2. Federal transfers are comprised of both equalization funds and funds for health and social programs. The equalization portion is only about a quarter of the total.
    3. Total federal transfers in 2019-20 were $1465 per capita for most provinces (Alberta, British Columbia, Ontario, Newfoundland) and higher for provinces with slower growth (PEI $4160, NS $3484, Quebec $3013, NB $4078).

The equalization history that Jason Kenney likes to forget

I and some others like me can never support the extraction of tarsands oil which is permanently polluting unimaginable amounts of fresh water on this planet. Nicole Foss has likened EROEI of the extraction process to something like burning $20 dollar bills to cook the stuff (if I recall correctly).
    You call this quid pro quo. I liken this to blind pursuit of short – term financial gains and tainting those who are environmentally conscious and stand in the way.

zerosum
    Participant

Do you live where time goes faster or slower? Time is relative.

https://carnegiescience.edu/news/runaway-star-was-ejected-heart-darkness

It was moving 10-times faster than most of the stars in the galaxy.

Who can calculate time.

zerosum
    Participant

@ sumac.carol
    All I wanted to do was to give an current example of ….
    “You do this for me and I’ll do that for you”

No proof of wrong doing – Biden

No tainting intended.
    I don’t agree with a pipeline to remove oil from Canada.
    I don’t like a future with no oil.

seychelles
    Participant

So we are very process-oriented on the NSC; we have a way we do things that works.

We like our secretive, slowly-engineered powerful sinecure, which is a traitorous unconstitutional bureaucratic Mafia. And woe to anyone who threatens our security.

Yeah, what does some elected guy think that he can barge in on our grand little set-up? He’s only there for four years or so. We devote our entire lives to this.

That’s what emanates from the inquiry: all these lifelong “public servants” who want to keep their little thingy going, and who get so terribly worried when someone ask questions about what they do about the corruption in one of the most corrupt nations on the planet -certainly in the northern hemisphere- that also happens to receive billions worth of US aid.

No, you don’t get it, Putin wants to restart the Soviet Union. And besides, Ukraine will use those billions on one thing only: arms purchases from US companies. See, it’s a great little deal.

boscohorowitz
    Participant

Pizza Express? Cue the Pizzagate jokes!

lasttwo
    Participant

the cost of war and then the lives and the hate. Keep Gabbard in the race maybe Americans will wake up

V. Arnold
    Participant

Keep Gabbard in the race maybe Americans will wake up

The question is: Does it matter any longer who is in office?

sumac.carol
    Participant

Thanks for clarifying Zerosum- I think we are on the same page.

Dr. D
    Participant

Great article, in National Review of all things:

“The government’s policy community has gotten so political, it has forgotten that its mission is to implement the president’s policies, not undermine them. … their job is to try to guide the president to good policy, not usurp his role. The president’s decisions carry the day. Bureaucrats are not free to substitute their judgments for the president’s. If they can’t accept that, the honorable thing is to resign, à la Bolton and Mattis. Remaining in place to countermand the elected chief executive is not an option.”

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/11/trump-vs-the-policy-community/

This from a policy official who likewise believes (or says) Trump’s policy IS misguided. Congratulations, people have the right to disagree! But not to not do your job. You’re still a voter, that’s your outlet.

“We’ve moved way beyond that, though. Democrats are now scheming with fellow progressives in the policy community to achieve their three-year longing to impeach President Trump. …The Left will tell you it’s not — it’s driven by lawlessness. But the Left treats all disagreement with its policy preferences as lawlessness. And when it can’t pull that off, it slanders the dissenters as outlaws. That’s how, with a Supreme Court slot on the line, a widely admired jurist with a peerless record of mentoring his law clerks, mostly women, into high professional achievements somehow becomes a serial rapist.”

Yeah, that was pretty bad. God forbid people with those morals and tactics get anywhere near power. A senseless buffoon looks positively jolly in comparison.

Oh, and if you have policy differences, vote him out. It’s right around the corner, the easiest path. …Which also tells us impeachment is just everyday election tampering, as now admitted (implied) by AOC.

“And so when people come in and get involved in issues and they’re not of that process”

“People” like the President, your boss? Gosh I hate it when they get involved. Why don’t they just give speeches, shake hands, and boff interns? Why they gotta be Presidenting all the time? Then we gotta have the CIA lie to them about what’s happening so they’ll do what we say. What happens then? He just IGNORES the meetings and doesn’t hear the lies! Da nerve of this guy! Going off listening to military intel instead. Why I never.

“Prince Andrew Denies Sex With 17 Year Old, Says He Was At Pizza Express (Ind.)”

So as with Trudeau being in blackface so many times he doesn’t remember, Andy doesn’t remember THAT underage girl specifically, since there’ve been so many underage girls they all run together. And he “let the team down” he says. It’s okay Andrew: we forgive you. And in light of your important position, you can only serve 2-5 in Belmarsh next to Assange, and spend only the first year in solitary. Everyone else would serve 5-10 and be killed in suspicious circumstances, so that’s how much we care.

Ah, but don’t we know it will never happen? Justice, even delayed and mild, will never, EVER be served.

“Some people are suggesting the Saudis badly need the cash.”

The Saudis are essentially bankrupt, foreseen 20 years ago with Gahwar. And Putin just said the U.S. Dollar is about to fail. …Because it’s the Petro dollar. Backed by Saudi oil. No oil = no dollar. And while I’ll do that just because it’s the right thing, I think almost everyone else will chase me down the street and lynch me if I did. …And so that goes to how we have troops there, or refuel Yemen, etc. This. No arms = no Saudi Arabia = no dollar = no free money to bribe, rig, and overthrow Bolivia. And overthrow me, the voter, with banks and secret tribunals.

“Hong Kong Protesters Hurl PETROL BOMBS, Shoot ARROWS At Police (RT)”

Not exactly Kumbaya, “we will overcome”, is it? Ah well, no surprise. And China shows great restraint in doing what they do best: waiting them out. And us, by the way. Many years ago, they asked what China thought of western democracy. The answer? “It’s too soon to tell.”

Speaking of:

Tensions Run High During Yellow Vests Protests (RT)”

I’d ask if they’re shooting their eyes out, but they don’t report the truth anyway, so…

Chile’s most important political parties agreed Friday to call for a new constitution”

But is it really a Constitution if you just replace it all the time, though? Isn’t it more like just Parliament, or club rules? Or like a menu?

And don’t worry about the cost of war. We won’t pay them. …Well, not in cash anyway. I’ve been paying all my life already.

lasttwo
    Participant

IThe question is: Does it matter any longer who is in office?

dont know if it matters the military money machine is so huge that it will probably overwhelm anyone and everyone. But what is the alternative. The wars and the corporate welfare will bankrupt the American empire as virtually all previous empires have ended. Anyone can see that it does not have to be that way. If what you are doing is not working try anything else. At lease Gabbard will keep talking about the wars and the corruption. Just calling out Hillary as a warmonger and Harris as a Devilish DA is worth sending her a few bucks in my opinion

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.