Debt Rattle November 21 2019

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle November 21 2019

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Dorothea Lange Missouri drought refugees. Broke, baby sick, car trouble.’ U.S. 99 near Tracy, California 1937   • Ukraine Expands Probe Into Head
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle November 21 2019]

J.A.Kosmos
    Participant

“This is how we roll.

What the Trump impeachment inquiry really shows is that elites on both ‘sides’ – Republican and Democrat, the Giulianis and Bidens of this world – are elbow-deep in money-laundering the plunder of the planet’s last resources. There are *no* good guys here – Jonathan Cook”

Thank you Raül! this little text clears things for me.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Dorothea Lange Missouri drought refugees. Broke, baby sick, car trouble.’ U.S. 99 near Tracy, California 1937.
    The genuine America for so many; but this is how we roll…

This is also how we roll.

What the Trump impeachment inquiry really shows is that elites on both ‘sides’ – Republican and Democrat, the Giulianis and Bidens of this world – are elbow-deep in money-laundering the plunder of the planet’s last resources. There are *no* good guys here – Jonathan Cook

Well, there you go.
    SNAFU: Situation normal, all fucked up…………

John Day
    Participant

Calvin and Hobbs cartoon gets to the point, today. We change and stuff changes, though it is harder to see from day to day.
    Nicole Foss, Stoneleigh, and Raul/Ilargi came from “The Oil Drum”, if I am not mistaken, though I was introduced to TAE before The Oil Drum. Gail-the-Actuary Tverberg has a similar worldview, from her longer time at The il Drum, and Ugo Bardi still stands up for the unopular-but-not-wrong-yet The Limits To Growth, from 1973.
    Cognitive views may be similar, but feelings and personality can sure divide people who agree on “facts”. Trump is divisive, and those who deal with him better, do so abstractly. I suspect Nicole/Stoneleigh does not deal with Trump abstractly, but viscerally, and he’s repulsive to a lot of smart women. I helped set up Nicole’s talk at the Unitarian Universalist Church, here in Austin, in about May 2010. I enjoyed sitting and talking to her for a half hour or so, before the place opened up. It was nice weather, late afternoon. She gave a very good lecture, attended by a good crowd, many from my Buddhist group, and some I recognized from the Peak Oil group I attended a couple of times. Time keeps passing…
    I’m not focusing on the Impeachment Hearings, because it is purely and simply elite power struggle, not any kind of search for truth, and it’s tawdry. The “facts” I see, go so much against Biden and the Democratic elites that I am constantly dismayed by just how opposite a view most people have of it. Propaganda 24:7, from all sides, is what Americans get.
    It has to break badly, before it can re-organize, and I really do not look forward to that, though I prepare daily.
    It has already taken about 7 years longer to happen, than I expected, and it ain’t quite happened yet, and my preparations have gone so much slower than I expected, and the move to Hawaii to do permaculture in December 2012, was followed by the move back to Austin in June 2013.
    Just finding ways to do that stuff here, now. http://www.johndayblog.com/2019/10/guacamole-fans-saturday-morning-at-600.html I’m the older guy, with the skinny pony tail.

J.A.Kosmos
    Participant

John: I have a similar story. And yes it takes so long and life gets in the way and changes the process when you do something with as many incremental steps as preparing for a lower energy future. Very rewarding process though I must say.

John Day
    Participant

Thanks J.A.Kosmos.
    There is work to be done, while I am yet able, and I plan it and I do it.

Dr. D
    Participant

They should have the same photograph on the roads of America, Tulsa and DesMoines, 2019, every. day.
    Camden

Deadliest city in America plans to disband its entire police force and fire 270 cops to deal with budget crunch

“Ukrainian MP Claims $7.4 Billion Obama-Linked Laundering (ZH)”

Price of U.S. extractions from Ukraine now over $7B. Like Haiti, no wonder they’re mad: they’re the poorest nation in Europe, whose gas was cut off in a bitter winter for lack of funds. Where’s our money??? Why’d our people die the minute they talked to Americans? The price slid over to the Biden side now alleged to count $13M. No surprise, $2M seems chump change.

And speaking of corruption and being on the lam, the Baltimore (fake) book deal laundering seems to be going to court. Okay, so TWO whole people arrested, and one of them died in prison. Maybe 20,000-50,000 case left to go.

“Story about Migrant Children Scrubbed as UN Said It Happened Under Obama (RT)”

Doesn’t matter what they report: didn’t happen. Even if the U.N. said it and I read it, it’s my side right or wrong. Facts don’t matter when I’ve got my truth. Btw, last heard the story still wasn’t “scrubbed” or corrected. It’s up there, still proudly claiming it’s Trump, as I see claimed all over, even here. “Walls are closing in.” “RussiaRussiaRussiaRussia”

“jeered by a substantial section of the audience for stating that climate change impacted hardest on the poorest people in the poorest countries.”

How odd. Is it because they’re so universally used to “charity” always being a scam? I know I am.

“Lebanon Lost $10BN in Bank Deposits Since August; Bond Yields Soar Past 100% Into “Venezuela Territory”

Well Israel can’t beat Lebanon with soldiers and got their butts kicked without ever facing the REAL soldiers – possibly because they use U.S. hardware – so do what works best and attack and warfare with finance. Hey, works in Hong Kong.

But they don’t let that stop them. They also bombed Damascus yesterday, just ‘cause they can and no one will say anything, just keep that foreign aid rolling in to buy more bombs and bribe more Senators. Ah, Democracy! The power of the people who don’t even live there.

Who’s our other foreign aid, foreign transfer to? How about China to fund their million-man, organ-harvesting, minority-purging concentration camps? You know, so “Socially Conscious” companies like Nike and Apple can get a little mass-slavery discount there.

But we just HAVE to send them money! We can’t boycott or tariff their products at all! We only boycott chicken sandwiches, not organ-harvesting prison slavery. If they do that but make my iPhone, I’ll pay $1,000 to make sure that happens!

“Hundreds of “Bleed Control Kits” Issued to Bars Across London”

… Knife crime in the City of London jumped by 43% over the last year…

If only stabbing people were illegal…if only they’d outlaw the…oh wait, it is and they did. And yet somehow people get knives, guns, drugs, and commit crimes with them…even in prison. Here’s a thought: we used to be able to get all these things guns, knives, poison – in fact as I said you still can: why do people now WANT to stab each other, since police stop nothing but clean up the mess and take statements after?

“…and suicide rates among men are significantly higher (than women) in most countries around the world.”

And Jo Swinson giggles. But that’s okay, her love of British men dying is nothing compared to her blood-thirst for nuclear war. A “whirling, narcissistic, female version of Dr. Strangelove, is beyond my wildest nightmares.” But she’s there because she fits and her backers and peers love it. You know, the financial backers from yesterday who’ve been promoting the mass-death of 2/3 of the human population for 50 years and receive wide approval and cheers? “We had to nuke the planet to save the planet.” A Dementor-ridden death cult.

“Downward Mobility’ A Reality For Many British Youngsters Today (G.)”

Well if people won’t hang together they will most certainly hang separately. But that would be #Logos. We cannot have that order, cooperation, and love.

“Why Won’t Carrie Lam Allow an Independent Inquiry? (SCMP)”

Basically it’s impossible for anyone to be “Independent.” Whatever they say or do, they’ll claim they were working for somebody.

Jeffrey Epstein Guests Were Secretly Filmed in Every Bedroom and Toilet (Sun)”

Wow, color me shocked, having deduced this from the first 5 facts 20 years ago. Now since they also aren’t stupid and they all KNEW they were being filmed, why did they do it? A: because they thought THEY were on the inside and untouchable, right up through CBS to the Ohio Sheriff to the NM Governor to the FBI and President. Until you cross someone and are not. And it worked! Exactly what they expected: they did whatever they wanted and no consequences, even WHEN caught. …Until they crossed the American People. They’re the only force able to put them down and stop it. And we haven’t even got off the couch yet. Don’t make me come up there.

Okay, so since the FBI ran the SWAT-raids, who has those tapes now? Hey! Wanna bet it’s Trumpster? Boy the Bush-iani’s have been quiet lately. How would you stop him from releasing them? With an impeachment that would claim “obstruction!” if he tried? Thoughts.

China’s Appetite for Coal Power Returns Despite Climate Pledge (G.)”

But China’s Paris Agreement – the one they love so much and are so mad about – said China and India can do whatever they want for 20 more years while the US and EU suffer! But we just GOTTA sign it and let them open those coal plants while WV collapses! You know: ‘cause we’re in a “climate crisis” that can only be cured in 10. Weird, huh? It’s almost like it’s a scam and they don’t believe it. Nah. Then they would all be buying mansions at sea level in Miami and Martha’s Vinyard, and we haven’t see that, have we?

https://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyle/names/2019/08/22/barack-and-michelle-obama-are-reportedly-buying-martha-vineyard-mansion/cuoVonwx5Uxen9GAQMo1bP/story.html

Ah, another day in the neighborhood.

zerosum
    Participant

https://www.thenation.com/article/iraq-lebanon-protest/
    By Thanassis Cambanis
    November 19, 2019
    The zero-sum nature of the revolts stems from the recalcitrance of the regimes. They are unable to reform even slightly, because their entire system is built around extraction, rather than governance. Traditionally, even a corrupt regime benefits from economic growth—there’s more to steal. But the regimes in Iraq and Lebanon have opted to rely on mainline extortion and Ponzi schemes. Even disruption and collapse that harm the population can benefit the rulers.

There is only one way to drain the swamp.
    Chaaaange the laws. Hire the right lawyers, the right accountants the right bankers.
    Then you can watch and see that all of the elites have asss holes just like you.

I will never get why you repost things that are already in the Debt Rattles, zero. What’s the use?

zerosum
    Participant

I will never get why you repost things that are already in the Debt Rattles, zero. What’s the use?

My take on the article. To agree or disagree on a specific point.

seychelles
    Participant

The zero-sum nature of the revolts stems from the recalcitrance of the regimes. They are unable to reform even slightly, because their entire system is built around extraction, rather than governance.

The have-nots of the world will never get anywhere with civility. Nothing new but becoming increasingly obvious to all.

TonyPrep
    Participant

One of the issues that gets forgotten, I think, when people complain about other countries getting a free ride on climate is that the agreements usually talk about action on an equitable basis. This means that those populations that have contributed the least (especially on a per capita basis) to the climate crisis should be allowed more leeway than those who’ve polluted heavily for decades or centuries. Of course, it’s a bit more complex than that but developed nations should be slashing their emissions now and developing nations should be slashing their emissions very soon. However, it’s a convenient excuse for the contrarians to think all countries should take the same actions regardless of the past contributions by those countries, so if that doesn’t happen, there is no reason for anyone to take action. And so down the hill we go.

boscohorowitz
    Participant

“Jeffrey Epstein Guests Were Secretly Filmed in Every Bedroom and Toilet (Sun)”

And now we know why I believe that Epstein is alive and well. (pins a bright feather to his bonny tinfoil chapeau, pivots before the mirror)

boscohorowitz
    Participant

“Now since they also aren’t stupid and they all KNEW they were being filmed, why did they do it?”

I think it’s quite possible they were stupid enough to trust their privacy was being protected. I’m not begging to differ, because one never knows until one knows. It’s just that I’m not willing to assign intelligence to these people gratis. Bright and clever, yes, but functionally intelligent in a way where the loose ends tie up sanely? Not sure they’ve demonstrated that ability. Prince Andrew comes to mind.

When the blood drains from the upper head to the lower head, intelligence tends to fade…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.