Debt Rattle November 3 2018

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle November 3 2018

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Winslow Homer Cloud shadows 1890   • The World Has Two Years To Secure A Deal To Halt Species Extinction – UN (G.) • US Wage Growth Hits Nine-Yea
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle November 3 2018]

Patricia
    Participant

When a person can be defined as employed when they only work one hour a week then employment figures mean nothing.

Dr. D
    Participant

Anyone else interested in how despite constant news to the contrary, they have found none of Kashoggi’s body, and presented no evidence of his murder? No, not found in the garden. How do you miss that??? “I’m sorry, we mistook these tulip bulbs for a fibula.” Kashoggi was killed the second he stepped into the embassy, AND he sat down, called MBS on the phone, and was then slowly interrogated until things went south. I mean, pick one.

And who’s the driver of this nonsense? Al-Waleed? Brennon? Turkey? Why not us? The Arab Spring plan you can see on youtube, General Clark said we planned to attack 5 nations in order, ending with Syria. Other Neocons tell us the next target was Iran, then Saudi Arabia. So Syria/Iran is lost, by these losing losers and the losses they lose, but the plans move ever on. MBS was not a reformer as advertised and is running an deeply embarrassing war that is going to get the world motivated against the military complex. So you…lets say, give the green light, then have Turkey and Russia knock him out with a wildly, hilariously oversized scandal. Pompeo and Mattis just said as much as they are pinning forgiveness of MBS on the end to the Yemen war, which MBS does not seem likely to accept. …His country, having no oil left and huge problems, will collapse unless they can conquer it, which they can’t, because they are losing losers who apparently can’t win a hundred-billion dollar war using illegal WMDs against starving hillbillies. …Note to self, don’t attack hillbillies, they are greater men than you know.

Point being: what going on here? The media has whipped up an international war toppling governments on literally no evidence whatsoever, and in fact contradictory evidence all around. Starting at the beginning: who is Kashoggi? What possible jurisdiction do we have in a Saudi Embassy on Turkish soil with a Arab citizen? Is he dead, or kidnapped simply to create a furor? Since he’s been a Saudi Intel agent tied to the Muslim Brotherhood, why should we care? Where’s the body?

Beto was caught funding the Caravan, which is his right. …Presuming he’s not also on misuse of campaign funds for outside purposes. Who would stop him from feeding migrants if he believes in it? But that’s not the real point: the point is, if he gave a d–n about the people, he would simply sponsor their immigration — which he could do proudly and openly. He didn’t. Because he doesn’t WANT the immigrants safe, he WANTS them exhausted on the road, to be illegal, and to arrive at the border election night. What a rat. Suppose you meet a hitchhiker, and instead of picking them up or taking them home, you drive by and say, “if you can make it to my town, be sure to get arrested, I hear the lodging in county jails are quite refined. I’ll come see you then, without bail money.” You can imagine the stares. Like AYFKM? If you cared you would pick them up, drive them to the border station, have them declare asylum, and follow and support their case. …Which is how it’s supposed to happen. Which is what the GOP is asking for.

Shocked by Kunstler’s blatant article. A life-long Democrat 50 years, STILL a Democrat, hammering on Trump daily, and even HE prays the DNC will die a thousand deaths and burn to ashes, if only those ashes can birth a new party, someday. Dore has already abandoned them in favor of a (not existing) 3rd party, touring the nation on the basis of a non-spoiler, no more lesser-evil party. Blogger Timcast, center-left has said the same thing, the party he wants to vote for, and should fit into, what should be his own allies constantly attack him, and he has to report on some new racist offense, by the left, twice daily, so he cannot vote for them, however much we wants to and would. These are not good signs. If you can’t even get the politicized left-center of your own party, how are you going to win the broad mass of Americans who don’t really follow it or care? Danger: bridge out ahead. And we in the audience, watching the horror movie, shouting at the screen, “No! Don’t do it!” Dun dun dun! Jason pops out with an ax, which anyone could tell. Anyone EXCEPT the actor, in the script. And why??? That’s not even a tragedy, that’s just being a stupidhead.

V. Arnold
    Participant

In response, the EU foreign policy chief Federica Mogherini, together with the foreign and finance ministers of Germany, France and the UK, vowed to maintain “effective financial channels with Iran” and in particular to continue buying the Islamic Republic’s oil and gas. Federica Mogherini

That is certainly good to read; the EU would seem to be growing a pair…
    We’ll see…

V. Arnold
    Participant

Are we trying to herd cats again…. 😉

Patricia
    Participant

The whole world is mad and the MSM is ev n madder…

V. Arnold
    Participant

Patricia
    It is indeed that…
    I’m in the 6th cycle of my life; a time for withdrawal and contemplation.
    Mostly I fail, but the madness all around is impossible not to see.
    As an old painter I knew said to me a long time ago; don’t let the bastards get you…
    Mostly they haven’t; don’t let them get you!

Ken Barrows
    Participant

Perception is everything in politics, isn’t it? Maybe the GOP will exceed expectations because unemployment has gone from 4.9% to 3.7% since January 2017 and wages have risen about 0.5% in the same time period. Tax cuts provide good sugar highs. But for long term investment? Doubt it.

Patricia
    Participant

I agree with Dr D about Kashoggi. It is all just titillating nonsense. The poor man might be dead but the story that is told to excite the masses beggars belief. I do believe though TPTB are getting us ready for war and what a mess that will be. My grandfather was a Conscientous Objector in WW1 and was sent to jail as a man with one child although he had two but he refused to register his second child because he said people would say he only had that child in order not to go to war. Anyway he was not religious but his reasoning was that war was all about making money for the rich but the poor were expected to give their lives to enable them to do that. The interesting thing though in those days was the thousands of people who went into town to listen to political speeches and not just the anti war ones. They wanted to know and they talked among themselves about their views. I think they were much more knowledgeable then than they are now where the people just respond to 10 second sound bites. It is said that the generation after us has a lower IQ – 6 points apparently. I believe it.

DrCiber
    Participant

Conservationists are desperate for a biodiversity accord that will carry the same weight as the Paris climate agreement.

Really? I’d have thought that in their desperation they’d have wanted an accord with sufficient “weight” to actually make a discernable difference.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.