Debt Rattle November 7 2018

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle November 7 2018

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

M. C. Escher Drawing hands1948   • The Investigations Trump Will Face Now That Democrats Control the House (NY) • Paul Ryan On Midterms: ‘Tonight
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle November 7 2018]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Childhood in the U.S. died a long time ago.
    I may have experienced the last of that dying experience in the late 40’s/early 50’s.
    Running wild, unsupervised, out of the grasp of adults.
    Exploring ponds, streams, and swamps with abandon, and discovering life.
    Not afraid of toads, frogs, salamanders, tadpoles, turtles, tortises; eating dirt/worms/and the gods know what else.
    Where is that today?
    Rhetorical question; today that’s all gone for 90% of western humans!
    Just what does that portend for our future?
    A dismal existance at best; for this one; no future at all…

Dr. D
    Participant

NewYorker: They ALREADY investigated everything Trump has ever sold and done and every person he already talked to. It WAS surprising that this investigation — you might have heard about, it rhymes with “cruller” — did NOT uncover any damaging information. So maybe you could report on “Man bites dog” instead of “Someday, some dog might bite man, but we’re not sure yet,” because one of those two stories is “journalism.”

Also, “Congress cannot leave the investigation of the Administration to a special counsel who” apparently has a mandate to investigate through all time, space, and reality: the mandate just isn’t wide enough yet. The voters don’t know what they’re talking about, and need to be overturned by us schmartz-guy magazine editors in New York –unless of course, they vote like we tell them to, “then we’ll be civil.” I only wish I were making this up.

“the EU is that the rules don’t work for the majority of European citizens, and they are particularly punishing to weaker economies.” Yes, since this was obvious beforehand AND proven by time and evidence, can we move on to how this is not an accident but an intention? The Fourth Reich has conquered Europe and is extracting wealth from anyone weaker than themselves, like all good tyrants and colonialists do. And since they do it to defend DeutscheBank and BMW, Fascists too. Fixed it for you. Now go out and start telling the truth about it or you’ll lose all Western values, the consequent prosperity, and be forever enslaved.

France raises taxes and Britain is in violation of all human rights, and proud of it, and no one reports: is that news? No surprise.

Not a help to recognition but: http://listverse.com/2017/10/30/top-10-unfortunate-cases-of-mistaken-identity/
    This doesn’t mean it won’t occur, but that governments using it will not ONLY violate all human rights and create an oppressive police state, but ALSO attack and imprison people by mistaken identity too. …Wait until we get AI and they can REALLY screw it all up. AI can then identify Ted Kennedy as a terrorist (he was actually put on the no-fly list as a joke back in 2000’s–the joke being there is no way to get OFF the list) and then identify the Marines as the major threat to peace and tranquility…which they are, we hope. Right out of sci-fi. But you’ll have these cases off the charts with facial recognition, which happen enough anyway, in a world where you can shoot any citizen at any traffic stop and walk away.

Will they give up their computers then, which have never worked properly since the day they were implemented? Not on your life: we’ll add MORE computers to fix the LAST computers that failed, just like today.

Totally unrelated subject, did you read that Tainter book on how cultures add infrastructure infinitely until it’s so expensive it no longer pays for itself, then defend it EVEN WHEN the people starve and it collapses the entire country? Yeah right! Wot a fairy tale! Who could be THAT stupid?

zerosum
    Participant

Rule of law.

Where …..
    Human Rights. After trying to appeal the UN decision and losing the appeal, Britain is simply ignoring it. There is no end in sight to Assange’s arbitrary detention.

Democrats got power back to do ….
    Blackmail, under the table deals, feed like pigs, just like the republicans.

The elites always take care of themselves FIRST

Blue collar workers will count themselve lucky if they do not to become part of the herd of slaves receiving only the scraps from the table of the elites.

zerosum
    Participant

If youu want a longer discussion than what I write then go and read

http://charleshughsmith.blogspot.com/2018/11/is-this-most-important-election-of-our.html

“Congress cannot leave the investigation of the Administration to a special counsel who..”

Right. Okay. Can we have our money back then?

Russiagate is dead, but not all of us got the message.

Childhood in the U.S. died a long time ago.

If and when your childhood serves mainly to make you fat, diseased and myopic, that is a major issue. Your childhood is supposed to develop your muscles, your eyes, your brains, your social skills.

It will take us 20 years minimum to research the damage done by iPhones, but by then it’ll be too late for easily an entire generation, first and foremost the children of that generation.

Watching Trump pressop, and he owns it.

Also, I did a podcast with Jim Kunstler earlier today. It was fun. I’ll post it when it’s out.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Your childhood is supposed to develop your muscles, your eyes, your brains, your social skills.

Check, except for social skills; mine are shit; I spent a lot of time by myself. 😉

Look forward to the podcast…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.