Debt Rattle October 22 2018

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle October 22 2018

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Vincent van Gogh Autumn landscape with four trees 1885   • 5 Companies That Spent Big On Stock Buybacks As Pension Funding Lagged (MW) • How Ever
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle October 22 2018]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Vincent van Gogh Autumn landscape with four trees 1885
    That 4th tree is very cool.

The Khashoggi incident will pass after it’s deemed there has been enough bluff and bluster.
    Theatrics are still an important part for the west; they still think it hides the monsters afoot in its government policies/actions.

Dr. D
    Participant

• How Everything Has Changed Since Trump Became President (CNBC) “the best economy the country has seen”

Ugh. Nothing has changed from Trump, despite the headlines, and the economy has barely moved. But don’t let little things like the truth get in the way of a good story. Still, a refreshing change from “orange man bad”, even if it’s fake in the opposite direction.

Janda’s on my belief in the Trump-Powell WWF WrestleMania! To tar the Fed — and rightfully so — to blame the inevitable collapse on insider cartel theft and rigging. That’s why he has Andrew Jackson — the first Democrat — on his wall.

We continue on with the re-Brexit, as they voted wrong and now, having been sufficiently punished by their betters for their wrong-think, will call a new referendum so they can “vote right” next time. Same with Mansanto, calling off a long, arduous trial because the one-man judge thinks the 12-man jury is doin’ it wrong. “Experts” always know better. For that matter, Federal judges re-deciding laws excruciatingly passed by Congress, saying legal is illegal, illegal is legal, or I, personally, don’t like it, so I put a stop on the entire nation and all of government, making a dictatorship of random thousands, un-named, un-impeachable.

Speaking of, sad to say the DNC is running the ’16 election again, just as everyone, friends and opponents alike screamed and begged them not to. …I’m speechless. Literally your enemy is telling you how to win, they don’t want you to commit suicide on national TV. It’s creepy. Get a platform, help the people, reform the party, get rid of the dinosaurs. …Same as they said in ’16 before — and literally admitted on several legal records now — the HRC election-tampered to drum out Bernie, a federal crime. Not satisfied with re-running a re-losing election, despite left, right, and center screaming at them to “Stop! Cliff ahead!”, Hillary said they will NOT change their platform and attract voters but instead make trouble and violence until they own everything again.

…Stop me here, but I THINK that means she is advocating against democracy itself, whereby the losing party gracefully concedes, then works with the people to gain enough support to oust the ruling party at the next election. …You know, it stops factions shooting each other in the street with our 300 million guns and good stuff like that. Yesterday Pelosi added her voice to many others, like Maxine Waters of harass anyone she doesn’t agree with (itself a well-established felony) wherever they may be — public, private, at home, and Pelosi said, “if there’s collateral damage (the military’s best euphemism for murder of innocent non-combatants) for those who don’t share our views, so be it.” So, the harass and murder people in the streets party? What are you thinking?

As violent as America is, this is not a wining campaign, or an avenue that will get support. Despite fake news 99% of the time, with articles (and journalists!) all on the extreme fringes of left and right, the general mass of Americans, like all people worldwide, just want to have peace and order, rules and norms, and not be bothered with a lot of screaming, so they are safe to go to work, pick up the kids and go home. They won’t especially care which party, left or right, does this for them, so the ideas promoted at present are astonishing. Breathtaking. Gob-smacking. And losing.

What can I, we, say? People from the farthest left to the farthest right have advised them not to do this, but they seem incapable of stopping and incapable of relinquishing power to those who CAN win. …Well, just like the GOP ignored and shut down change when the TEA party (Taxed Enough Already, the anti-bailout: therefore anti-fascist party) appeared, and when not heeded, DJT followed to burn them all down. No surprise. Nobody learns. So although mid-terms are all local, which makes blue vote blue and red vote red, my guess is the GOP may actually INCREASE their seats in Congress enough to have a safe majority. Strange but true, and I said it in ’16 as well.

Why oh why would you RE-run an election that catastrophically lost? Why oh why won’t you help the people, the workers, and get a platform? No one knows, but I hope they fix it soon. Right now the black and Latino vote is moving GOP like that “racist” Bannon said, (while working for a Jewish paper), and they may not reclaim it for a generation. SMH. Each day as inexplicable as the last. Stuck in the middle with you.

Dr. D
    Participant

Monet’s trees are coppice-wood. See the knuckle up at ladder-height, with the sapwood suckers coming out? There’s a lot of them in Europe but not so much the ‘States. Unique and useful, gowing faster on big roots than saplings, and cut to length and have special uses, like weaving, fences, baskets, and the like. Something we ‘Yanks should try sometime.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Dr D
    Your closing paragraph says a lot.
    You’re still stuck in a system that is wholly disfunctional, hoping for the magic solution to apprear.
    Impossible.
    The system is broken beyond repair; it must fail and die. Only then can a rebirth occur. But therein lies yet another danger; failure often giving birth to despots and fascists (already present).
    I see the U.S. in the gravest, constitutional, danger in its history, and frankly, given the present internal climate; I’m very pessimistic re: the outcome…
    I read many times many news sources and have read and seen nothing to give me even a sliver of hope.
    Hope, carried too far, is a fools errand…

zerosum
    Participant

” ….all people worldwide, just want to have peace and order, rules and norms, ….”

” …. The system is broken beyond repair
    Hope, carried too far, is a fools errand ….”

Walk carefully, the capitalist vultures and predators are out hunting.

zerosum
    Participant

“The Caravan”

What do you want to clean up?
    2,000 km of litter
    or
    2,000 klm of cadavers.

Support with humanitarian aid.

seychelles
    Participant

” the general mass of Americans, like all people worldwide, just want to have peace and order, rules and norms, and not be bothered with a lot of screaming, so they are safe to go to work, pick up the kids and go home. They won’t especially care which party, left or right, does this for them, so the ideas promoted at present are astonishing. Breathtaking. Gob-smacking. And losing.”

Absolutely

Patricia
    Participant

It seems amazing to me that the West says it won’t sell any weapons to Saudi Arabia which they know are used to kill people, probably in Yemen, until the West knows how they killed Khashoggi. 🙄 There are just too many things to divert the masses to believe anything these days. Governments have always spread dramas when their Government is in risk of losing control. Just think of Thatcher and the Falklands. We have had Russia, the Skripals, Brexit and now Khashoggi. Another thing. How did the Turks tape the Saudi embassy? Or is this all about Turkey wanting to take control of the Middle East again?

V. Arnold
    Participant

Dr D
    Upon re-reading what you wrote; my comment is out of order; You’re not stuck at all.
    Sometimes my reading comprehension sucks… 😉

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.