Debt Rattle October 23 2022

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle October 23 2022

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Oroboros
    Participant

Redneck
    Participant

Susmarie.
    Always remember, “What you seek is also seeking you.” Rumi.
    This is a dualist statement.
    How about , “what you are looking for is that which is looking.”

I spent many thousands of hours in the practice of Swadayama , chanting over a four year period without barely missing a session.
    Each day started at three thirty a.m. with a one and a half hour chant and over the course of a day the total would be about five hours and on big Hindu festivals a twenty four hour a day chant for seven days sometimes with dancing included called a Sapta .
    When not physically chanting , silent mantra repetition was the action employed. Eventually chanting or mantra repletion happens in dream sleep too.
    It is one aspect or practice of Tantra yoga.

Susmarie108
    Participant

Redneck.

Either or both. One leads to the other. I try to meet most folks (including myself) where they are. Seekers are seeking, it is a state of duality with purpose.

Appreciate the Seekers.

Question: how is the immersion in mantra/chanting that you experienced (described above) serving you in daily living? What are the practical and tangible benefits?

True: eventually chanting/mantra finds you in sleep/dreams. It is a blessing. It is Peace.

LOVE to All.

Redneck
    Participant

Question: how is the immersion in mantra/chanting that you experienced (described above) serving you in daily living? What are the practical and tangible benefits?

I did not harvest the fruits of all that yoga until twenty years later.

No fear , understanding the non-dual nature of reality , and the absence of an entity here or any multiplicity at all.

There are no personal benefits , liberation is from the person not for the person ,although it does appear that way.

I won’t go any further into it here on TAE , it is not a spiritual blog.

Oroboros
    Participant

Massive New Strikes’ Leave 1.5 Million Ukrainians Without Power, Phased Blackouts In Kiev

https://www.theburningplatform.com/2022/10/23/winning-12/

Winning!

Afewknowthetruth
    Participant

A good explanation of the various types of nuclear weapons and their delivery systems. Note the huge hole in the NATO catalogue compared to the Russian.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUR7Kxyz5ak.

Afewknowthetruth
    Participant

I don’t particularly like Chris Trotter; he has a vast knowledge of NZ history but is quite a fuckwit when it comes to the economy; and he bought right into the NZ government covid scam.

That said, his commentary on the deplorable state of NZ education is worth reading.

‘The Ministry of Education has been trialling the NCEA assessment tests that it plans to have in place by 2024. The first trial-run took place last year, the second in July of this year, and the results of both trial-runs are dire. Of the approximately 16,000 Year Ten students (14-15 year-olds) tested in July, only 34 percent achieved a “pass” in writing; 56 percent in maths; and 64 percent in reading. These results differ only marginally from those obtained in 2021.

That is to say, after ten years of schooling, only a third of young New Zealanders can write coherently; only half possess basic computational skills; and only two-thirds can cope adequately a level of written communication fundamental to success in adult life.

These numbers represent a scarcely believable tale of professional failure across New Zealand’s education system….’

https://www.interest.co.nz/public-policy/118136/chris-trotter-says-scarcely-believable-tale-professional-failure-across-new

Of course, this precipitous decline in educational standards and achievement standards has been orchestrated by a long succession of corrupt money-lender governments going back to the early 1980s. A combination of deliberate underfunding, removal of all course content regarded as demanding and an ‘everyone passes however little work they do’ award system, along with the dumbing down by the corporate media, has generated the desired result: an army of semi-braindead consumers who cannot thing or act rationally.

Some children learn, despite the ‘education system’.

All of them are going to learn some very hard lessons between now and 2025.

Afewknowthetruth
    Participant

I am propagating useful plants, i.e. those that produce food. And reducing the time required for ongoing tasks like weeding.

Managed a 15km cycle ride uphill against the wind yesterday.

Keeping a close eye on developments at home and abroad.

I found this video of the Russian ‘flying tank’ enlightening.

Afewknowthetruth
    Participant

Modern 247mm Russian guns make the much-feared German 88mm of WW2 look like toys.

aspnaz
    Participant

Oroboros said

Massive New Strikes’ Leave 1.5 Million Ukrainians Without Power, Phased Blackouts In Kiev

In the article, I quote:

“When you don’t have electricity in a city, it means you have no water, you have no supply of gas, you have nothing,” Kharchenko said.

Maybe someone could invent an engine that would allow you to travel using something other than electricity. When the power cut arrives, you could either use this engine to make more electricity or use it to take you somewhere with electricity, with water, with warmth. A bit like “don’t put all your eggs in one basket” or “diversity in investment” philosophy.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.