Debt Rattle October 5 2014

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle October 5 2014

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Jack Delano Walter V. Dew, rear brakeman, on the Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe March 1943 • World On The Brink Of Oil War As OPEC Bickers Over Price (Te
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle October 5 2014]

John Day
    Participant

Hi Guys,
    I’d like to put in an Ebola update, with some interesting medical treatments and public health considerations, but it doesn’t seem to be working out.
    The military has an IV treatment that is a broad spectrum antiviral, but the therapeutic range is in the same ballpark as the toxic range, and all we get is mouse data. Anti-estrogens seem to be pretty good, have been around for decades, and could probably ramp up faster than most of the other things. TKM-Ebola is still the front-runner as far as I can see, and I suspect they have been looking hard at mass production since March.

Raleigh
    Participant

The Dallas Ebola victim is apparently now in critical condition, on a respirator. John Day, a doctor in rural Liberia was saving people’s lives by using a drug he uses on HIV patients, and it worked out very well.

“Gorbee Logan, a doctor in rural Liberia, has given at least 15 Ebola patients lamivudine, which is considered a long-term and effective drug to treat HIV patients. All but two of them survived…

Logan first tried another HIV drug on an Ebola patient, but it didn’t seem to work, he told CNN. Then, he gave lamivudine to a health-care worker who’d become sick. The patient improved within a couple of days, CNN reported.

It makes sense to consider lamivudine as a potential Ebola treatment: It belongs to a group of drugs known as nucleoside analogs, which interfere with the replication processes of certain viruses, Fauci explained. […]

Logan told FrontPageAfrica that his method works only if Ebola patients come in soon after becoming symptomatic. He said desperation pushed him to treat Ebola patients using several different medications. Lamivudine can cause liver damage, he acknowledged.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2014/10/02/a-liberian-doctor-is-using-hiv-drugs-to-treat-ebola-victims-the-nih-is-intrigued/

John Day
    Participant

Thanks Raleigh,
    I’ve now looked into that use of 3TC/Lamivudine, and it is similar to TKM-Ebola and this new one brincidofovir, that Thomas Eric Duncan is getting in Dallas. They all work by screwing up the RNA “zipper” that recreates RNA and DNA chains to trick host cells into manufacturing evil virions. My email is (without spaces) days abroad @ g mail . com

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.