Debt Rattle September 1 2022

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle September 1 2022

Viewing 22 posts - 81 through 102 (of 102 total)
  • Author
    Antidote
    Participant

@ phoenixvoice

“It’s like the frog and the boiling water.”

Right. Let’s talk about the weather. 120f when I got to the river at Needles on Tuesday afternoon. Currently 104f in Gilbert as I write. How the F was this town built in this heat? Who did the dirty work? Where does the water and power come from? Energy hog of epic proportions! Of course , 100f on the beach in central cal where I drove from.

TAE is ‘de-volving’ into a forum for fat headed gorillas *thinking* they know what is going on in the world. bill7 and the other guy are probably my neighbors. Hahaha. I have friends that actually built Diablo Canyon. Hands on.

John Day, you are drifting dude. Your a Buddhist? Why are you on here spewing all day? Mind of absolute trust big brother.

Heisenberg turned over in his grave when AFKT showed up here.

Antidote
    Participant

@ phoenixvoice

“It’s like the frog and the boiling water.”

Right. Let’s talk about the weather. 120f when I got to the river at Needles on Tuesday afternoon. Currently 104f in Gilbert as I write. How the F was this town built in this heat? Who did the dirty work? Where does the water and power come from? Energy hog of epic proportions! Of course , 100f on the beach in central cal where I drove from.

TAE is ‘de-volving’ into a forum for fat headed gorillas *thinking* they know what is going on in the world. bill7 and the other guy are probably my neighbors. Hahaha. I have friends that actually built Diablo Canyon. Hands on.

John Day, you are drifting dude. Your a Buddhist? Why are you on here spewing all day? Mind of absolute trust big brother.

Heisenberg turned over in his grave when AFKT showed up here.

aspnaz
    Participant

Veracious Poet … it just means a change of procedure when reading TAE comments: first look to see who wrote the comment, then skip if a troll or idiot, otherwise read. I used to read the comments then note the author if it was an interesting comment, those days are gone, we are now into the new world order.

kultsommer
    Participant

@ aspnaz #114923
    “…why the looney left and billionaires -…”
    Mixing grandmothers and frogs in the same basket – which, in a way, defines your thinking.
    Why not clarify who the billionaires are?
    How in the world Left and Them can be on the same side?

Bill7
    Participant

“..Likelihood of earthquake-induced core damage at Diablo Canyon. The updated seismic probabilistic risk assessment PG&E conducted for Diablo Canyon was released in 2018.[13] The mean value from that assessment implies there is about a 1-in-35,000 chance per year on average that an earthquake will cause core damage in one of the units.
    This seismic core damage frequency is roughly twice the value that PG&E had calculated earlier based on the original seismic hazard.[14] However, because of the complexity of these analyses, it is not clear if this increase is primarily due to the change in the seismic hazard or other modifications to the calculation.
    Considering both reactors and an extended period of operation, a 1/35,000 per reactor-year risk translates into about a 1-in-800 chance on average that an earthquake would cause a core-melt accident at Diablo Canyon before it shuts down in 2045.[15] However, considering the uncertainties associated with the seismic hazard and the response of plant components, there is a five percent chance that the risk is more than 3.6 times larger.[16] This more conservative measure translates into a core damage risk of about 1-in-220 over 22 years, or about half a percent.

But the actual risk could be even higher. In its base case, PG&E assumed that following most earthquakes, plant workers would be able to carry out two manual actions from the Diablo Canyon FLEX program to prevent core damage. If no credit is given for these actions—a reasonable assumption given the challenges of a post-earthquake environment, including the aftershock potential—the seismic core damage frequency increases by nearly a factor of two, to nearly 1-in-100..”

The Diablo Canyon nuclear plant: assessing the seismic risks of extended operation

kultsommer
    Participant

@ aspnaz – #114926
    So “We” are the self-elected good guys on this site, aka “the Science”?

VietnamVet
    Participant

The greatest difficulty, going forward, is that the current western elite’s “neoliberal” ideology (that enriches them at the expense of everyone else) is simply insane. There is no “invisible hand”. Market prices will soar to infinity if there are shortages of critical life sustaining energy, commodities, shelter, or labor. Wheelbarrows of Cash, like Zimbabwe and the Weimar Republic before, will return.

The EU is at war. To win it, people, resources and industry must be mobilized. This is what General George Marshall did during WWII for the USA. With natural gas to Germany cut off by Russia due to the proxy world war; energy production, transport and use must be nationalized. Mobilization and nationalization are the very last thing the oligarch-controlled Europe will do. Europe does not have sufficient stored and available energy to get through next winter without killing and indebting its inhabitants. Basically, for Europeans to have a sustainable decent life requires the restoration of government by and for the people. Without it, Europe will devolve into a barely habitable medieval depletion zone ruled by those who do have resources and working governments – The Eastern Axis.

aspnaz
    Participant

Super typhoon Hinnamnor – named after another beautiful region of Lao – is hitting us here in Taiwan at the moment. My father in law’s place is on the 22nd floor of a tower block which rocks with the wind: you can see your soup moving, you can see the lights swinging, even the hanging ceiling access hatch is bouncing up and down, and on the ground floor, huddled together, you will find the group of people who suffer sea sickness from the rocking building. It has not reached its maximum yet, we have that joy to come.

Good to see the typhoons back in force, I remember one just like this ten years ago while we were visiting Taipei. That too was caused by the white man and his climate change weapon.

aspnaz
    Participant

kultsommer said

@ aspnaz – #114926
    So “We” are the self-elected good guys on this site, aka “the Science”?

Who is this “we”?

zerosum
    Participant

Where is it.
    A government by and for the people.

Veracious Poet
    Participant

D Benton Smith
    Participant

A Riddle.

So I got to watch most of the “The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug”, while waiting in the cell phone store day before yesterday, including the scene where Bilbo meets Gollum in the cavern and it turns into a high stakes riddle match. It got me to thinking about riddles, so I’ve got one for you.

“Absolutely unique and as common as dirt, nothing special and center of the Universe. Who am I ”

Too tough? Okay, let’s make the quiz multiple choice. Here are the choices, is it a, b, c, or d ?

a) Me
    b) You
    c) Every one
    d) No one

Give up ? Well we can’t leave it that way so I’ll give you the answer. The answer is “Yes”.

Dora
    Participant

The new covid booster data came from a trial on 8 mice. Eight mice. FDA approved it anyway. From Igor Chudov:

Bivalent Booster’s “8-Mice Trial” Actually FAILED
    Inconsistency of Ba5 Booster makes it uniquely dangerous!

https://igorchudov.substack.com/p/ba5-boosters-8-mice-trial-actually

Dora
    Participant

From Steve Kirsch.

Vaccines are taking an average of 5 months to kill people

The CDC has been hiding the Social Security Administration death master file. I got it from a whistleblower. This shows deaths are taking 5 months from the jab to happen. This is why it’s hard to see.

https://stevekirsch.substack.com/p/this-one-graph-tells-you-everything

D Benton Smith
    Participant

@antidote

You call yourself “antidote”, so what are you an antidote FOR, precisely, good manners?

kultsommer
    Participant

@ aspnaz
    Read your fucking post and figure out. Pompous prick.

D Benton Smith
    Participant

I am an old man. Sometimes I am short tempered and grumpy. I’ve learned that it rarely a good idea to take it public and prove to those around me that I’m just another grumpy old man.

Idea #2 was to suppress the first impulse and instead practice good manners and a certain amount of diplomacy.

Idea #2 works better more of the time.

aspnaz
    Participant
    D Benton Smith
    Participant

@aspnaz

Good news, and I bet you were not surprised by it. If there is a way, life will find the way. If there is not a way life will make one.

aspnaz
    Participant

DBS said

If there is not a way life will make one.

Nature never ceases to amaze, mostly because it is so far beyond human understanding.

Comment from Polder Dweller, who has a hard time posting:

Now just imagine if winter in Europe is particularly harsh this year, say like 1963. Oh look!

“January’s eruption of Hunga Tonga in the South Pacific injected sulfur and a large amount of water vapor into the stratosphere.

We see that this water vapor is now causing significant cooling of the southern stratosphere, and have also noted a correlation between Southern Hemisphere stratospheric cooling and Northern Hemisphere stratospheric warming (SSWs).

Stratospheric warming during the Northern Hemisphere winter often leads to a disruption of the Polar Vortex, causing large pressure changes, which, in turn, can result in masses of Arctic air being unleashed into the United States and Europe.”

https://electroverse.co/greenlands-record-gains-major-stratospheric-cooling-event-over-southern-hemisphere/

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve got some good news, and I bet you didn’t expect it. Life will find a way if one exists. Life will find a way if there isn’t one already. foodle

Viewing 22 posts - 81 through 102 (of 102 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.