Debt Rattle September 2 2022

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle September 2 2022

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • Author

Marc Chagall The soldier drinks 1912   • These Are The Leaders Of Biden’s Revolution (Tucker Carlson) • Biden’s Most Enduring Legacy? (Rickards)
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle September 2 2022]

Germ
    Participant

“Sonali Phogat, BJP leader and former Bigg Boss contestant died of heart attack in Goa at the age of 43 on Tuesday (August 23). A spate of sudden heart attacks in young personalities from the entertainment industry in the recent past has sent shockwaves across the country. Sidharth Shukla (40), Puneeth Rajkumar (44), KK (53) and Brahma Swaroop Mishra (36) are among the young people who showed no signs and symptoms of a heart disease before succumbing to heart attack and some of them achieved one fitness milestone after the other inspiring their fans…
    We are having a pandemic of sudden cardiac arrests in young. By young means people at the page of 30 to 50 years. What could be the possible reasons for sudden cardiac arrest in young ranges from loneliness, stress, mental trauma, smoking, alcohol etc, also lack of exercise, proper diet. Youngest person who we have seen has had a heart attack is a 17-year-old guy,’ says Dr Ruchit Shah, Interventional Cardiologist, Masina Hospital, Mumbai.”

https://www.hindustantimes.com/lifestyle/health/sonali-phogat-dies-of-heart-attack-experts-on-what-causes-sudden-cardiac-arrest-101661252058836.html

Hahah – anything but the death vaxx! ☠️☠️☠️

aspnaz
    Participant

“If I give the promise to people in Ukraine – ‘We stand with you, as long as you need us’ – then I want to deliver. No matter what my German voters think, but I want to deliver to the people of Ukraine.”

The real question is why you would be so stupid as to make such a promise unless you knew your voters were 100% behind you? Of course, we all know the answer: Germany is an oligopoly and she was obeying her owners while telling her voters where they stand.

Mister Roboto
    Participant

In response to what Gonzalo Lira said about declaring war, I really have to think that choosing a sinister deep-red background for Biden’s speech in Philadelphia was no accident.

aspnaz
    Participant

“In this regard, we fully understand the complete silence of all Western sponsors of the Zelensky regime, which de-facto confirms their tacit participation in the preparation of today’s provocation at the Zaporozhye plant,” the military concluded.

It’s embarrassing that NATO cannot put together an action involving less than 1000 men without the Russians knowing what is going to happen, being warned either by their human or technical intelligence. In one way i am glad they cannot fight back, but in another way it illustrates the decline of the west.

Dr. D
    Participant

Yeah, minions love their “Signaling” even more than they love their “Plans”. See? I signaled! I’m signaling soooo hard!!!

Fed and Liz Warren from a few days ago: Warren was appalled and concerned the Fed is creating a recession. That will kill a million jobs.

Yes, she is on commission for lies. 1) We are IN a recession, by definition. Except for a few weirdos that changed the definition the same way they changed the definition of “vaccine”. 2) Liz is the one causing it, since they voted for $3 Trillion in straight inflation, 3 years in a row, if not 30 years in a row. The Fed only has a mandate to – somehow – contain inflation that is coming largely and directly from Congress. 3) Warren does not see the irony of complaining about the Fed killing a few jobs at random after voting for two years straight to have no employment at all, due to lockdown.

In other words: it’s Friday. Water is wet, the sky is blue, Congressmen lie, and it’s always somebody else’s fault.

Speaking of the economy, everyone is bearish, yet prices don’t go down. I’m thinking that’s not capitulation. (In fact, short squeeze is likely)

Note, the other side can’t move because the collapse has to occur under Biden and the DNC. They’ve been inspired to keep it going, and again, as since 2000, it’s really amazing. Europe vanished from the face of the earth, markets untouched. Couple points to parity on the DXY. “Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.” — Churchill Worldwide economy has collapsed? Nothing happened.

Lira says the Zap attack by Ukie was recruits straight from boot camp, trained by MI6, as a plan invented by Boris Johnson personally. That is, to attack and kidnap all the UN inspectors at gunpoint. Makes sense, only that constellation of fools would be that stupid and fail that much. Hollywood pales in stupidity.

Biden Goes All Out, Warns of Grave Threat Posed by “MAGA Forces”

Wow. “Half the nation is evil and we should arrest and shoot them.” Catchy. Does that get votes? I think a reporter asked the press secretary what the definition was (where did they find these new reporters who suddenly ask ‘questions’?) and she didn’t know. Also it was a uniting action to arrest half the country, not a dividing one.

“CJ Hopkins’ New Book Banned In Germany, Austria, & Holland” …the Amazon Content Review Team has cited as grounds for banning the book is the semi-visible swastika on the cover.”

Then they must ban editions of the award-winning Nazi expose “Maus”. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maus But they won’t, because there is no logic or reason. I don’t understand from his last article why he’s still there. It sounds amazingly dangerous. As historical norm, all non-Germans are likely to be killed.

Germany to Expand Military Presence in Asia Pacific to Counter China”

A nation that has no gas and no bullets? Is going to drive halfway around the world to poke China with a sharp stick? Nope, still no high-water mark for psychosis.

Biden’s Most Enduring Legacy? (Rickards)”

No, it won’t be setting up the Central Bank Currency. It will be setting up Russia and China’s Global South currency, and insuring it succeeds by every possible means. Everything possible to help Russia and Putler. Let’s Go Brandon.

Let’s take this one step, as Rickards is very clever and a constant liar, almost always by direction and omission. If we go around the whole system and set up a UBI with a CBDC, every bank in America becomes irrelevant and bankrupt. You think they’re going to sit around for that? Who still has all the money and power around here? Farmers? Miners? No, every day we say “The Banks”. And they’re just going to erase themselves today? Ummmm, no.

“Ukrainian Troops Captured during Raid on Nuclear Plant – Official (RT)”

I feel sorry for them and anyone else who listens to Boris Johnson. This is so, so much worse than Carter’s rescue of the Iranian Hostages that went wrong. Carter actually was a good plan, just way past the limits of the possible. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Eagle_Claw

Lira’s latest roundtable https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZahWz8JFu8 in the first 1/3 has the rundown of the post-industrial fighting going on. Ze is herding unarmed men into rushing the Russia machine gun nests WWI style. Across flat, open ground. Because he’s got a meeting and a photo shoot today and needs something to happen for the cameras. The Russians are pretty tough, but they are finally like, “Look: STOP! We are getting tired of shooting you guys.” The next 2/3 is a technical discussion of Dugin’s work, who is only relevant and referred to in the bizarre psychotic minds of the West, who generally – as with most facts – invented the whole thing. Dugin never met Putin. Putin doesn’t like theory in general, being relentlessly practical. Dugin is not read or influential in Russia, even at University. When it came to attention in 2014, Putin expressly had him fired from University. …Um, not “Putin’s Brain”? Why did the West do this, and therefore sic the dogs of Ukraine on his daughter? HE SPEAKS ENGLISH. So for the lazy, uncaring racists of the West, he was the only one they COULD read, or bothered, therefore QED he must be the only man-of-thought in Russia. Because he speaks English sometimes, not Russian.

Yes, this is really why his daughter was murdered. So much worse. Like being not targeted by the 8th Grade Mean Girls Table, but the RETARDED 8th Grade Mean Girls Table. Who are an insult to retarded people, who are generally nice.

“Ukraine Planned to Use IAEA Team as ‘Human Shields’ – Russia (RT)”

And can’t say because we can’t prove it: Boris Johnson PERSONALLY wanted to use the IAEA inspectors as hostages and human shields. But he is from London after all.

“…neither Arkin nor his editorial bosses at Newsweek felt any need to explain how Russia could be losing the war twice…”

It’s because they’re shelling themselves in their own major army base in Zap. But somehow haven’t blown up their own reactor and irradiating themselves, although they’re on top of the target. Russiaphrenia much?

“Getting It Wrong on Ukraine (Scott Ritter)”

As Lira above, the “stalemate” progress was getting through Ukie’s only industrialized and productive district, where it is urban, all tunneled, fortified, manned, and made up of Soviet bomb-proof factories. Oh, with 1/3rd of the men military handbooks would suggest, and while keeping the power and water on for your enemy. Now that they are out on the Steppes, the Iowa farmland, they can basically drive to Odessa unopposed.

More Ukraine Military Aid Coming, White House Says (RT)”

That’s weird, shouldn’t they be shelling Alabama instead? I mean, the world’s greatest concentration of enemy is right here at home. If I haven’t said it enough: they are desperate to get the Right to take a swing. Since the 90s. They have done every possible incitement, insult, attack, and action to cause this. FBI shooting a mother carrying her infant in her arms, through an open window? No problem! God’s Work. These ignorant, violent rednecks will always cuss and scrap and shoot…except they NEVER HAVE, even once, and when arrested at J6 had exactly ZERO weapons, anywhere. Gee, that could have gone differently, couldn’t it? Nevermind: they just proceeded on merrily as if it all had. No contact with reality.

Now this is extremely irritating, but it is winning. It’s a supernatural level of forbearance that only comes from the love of Christ. Brandon needs a war to break out before they flip the school boards, the mayors, the governors, Congress, and him. The old fashioned way: by overwhelming votes. Ms. Lake comes to mind. Like 11/4 closed the counting in the middle of the night for 24 hours. …But couldn’t even CHEAT their way in.

“ Wholesale Gas Prices Fall on Europe’s Plan to Avert Winter Energy Crisis (G.)”

Fall? To 10x their previous level? Hahahaha. Sounds like Brandon’s gas prices. But speaking of, Colorado had a case with 22,000 customers being shut off electricity. Yes, this is with a sort of “Smart Meter” (totally failed initiative, since their scientists are so blindingly stupid they can’t create anything that works) where their thermostat phones the internet about the house temp. Grid was at limit, so they shut them off. Like off-off, totally off. 88F in your house.

Funny, awesome amusement to make fun of, please charge your electric car, BUT: I note, you can have all the A/C you want under this plan. IN WINTER. Should it ever get “hot”, it means others are also using THEIR air conditioners, and therefore the grid is taxed. So you can get 100% A/C when you DON’T need it, but never when you DO need it. …That’s just common sense. We’ll sell you all the snow you want in the winter. Um, #Oppositeland? #Useless? #MissedthePoint?

Next: wtf are these guys thinking? PUT THE THERMOSTAT OUTSIDE. It only takes a minute. Go to Home Depot, get an analog thermo, wire it to the A/C. Let the Utility’s internet thermostat talk to nobody but the home office, park it on the porch or facing an outside window. They’re not checking in your house. It’s like a 30-minute job.

Don’t worry, non-compliance only needed an incentive, nobody dgaf.

Three: end of smart meters and incentive plans. Zero people will sign up now, or you could call it another IQ test. Good news the lesson was so easy.

“’Don’t Pay UK’ has passed 130,000 signatures.”

Actually, this has turned out to be easy: They CAN’T pay, so they won’t. There’s no moral stand or force of will involved. There’s no money in the bank account.

“Greece’s Slide Toward Authoritarianism (Spiegel)”

Greece’s slide toward Authoritarianism? Greece? Compared to GERMANY? W. T. F. ???

No warming in the U.S. and no Sea-level rises in 100 years. No admission of this easily-provable fact.

I was going to say thank God coal produces so much CO2 because we’re saved. It would invoke a response, and if I keep invoking responses, one day the response might have science in it. But I’ve presented 3 lines of inquiry: 1) one million parts per million causes a greenhouse effect. 0 PPM does not. Where is the threshold for relevance? 1Ppm? 999,999PPM? Show your work, Quiz on Friday. 2) The history of earth has wild variations in PPM that does not correspond to either climate nor runaway extinction, in fact quite the opposite. 3) Greenhouses find it economical to pump in, at great expense 5x the present CO2 levels which causes an explosion of growth, a wild increase in food. Besides how that would save the human race in many ways, ending all food shortages for the foreseeable future, and sequestering carbon like blue blazes, I asked why those effects would be a bad thing, that we should tank the worldwide economy and the lives of 8B humans to stop it at all costs. I have many more points, I was only picking the easiest. Several other commentors added others.

No scientific response at all.

ScientificMethod
    https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/82/The_Scientific_Method.svg/390px-The_Scientific_Method.svg.png

We are missing parts 3, 4, 5, and 6. Not analyzing and discussing data; not reporting and discussing conclusions – and not opening to discourse and debate; not observing and questioning “Where is this NOT true?” “What does NOT fit?” Science 101. And also #1, “Researching topic area,” where referring to any other researchers is verboten.

Dr. D is “D” for the “Devil’s Advocate”. Should I get up every day and ask the same three questions, make the same argument, mark the same observation that “Science is as Science does” and someone who does not discuss data nor entertain scientific objections is for whatever reason not sciencing? Has relinquished their member card and credentials?

Not trying to turn this into a UFC ring, so should I let it drop for now? I’m just shocked that Science now means “Do you see my coat? Shut and do what you’re told moron troll!” Most persuasive. I’m sure that usually everyone loves that and obeys immediately. I don’t think that’s going to get far here, and at least two others have already raised similar objections. We’re trying to present ideas here and be tolerant, not shut them out. What good does ignoring ideas do? If they’re bad ideas it will easily become apparent, so no question or idea can be all that stupid. Present your argument.

I remember – “aye ‘tis but a wee moment ago” — that I sat here and pulled the train alarm on Covid. Full 5-Klaxxon alert!!! It was appearing, people locked down, falling over in China, crematoriums open, cell phone accounts vanishing, media blackout on it, while Pelosi said “I require full attendance at all Chinese parades.” We stocked up. We got masks. We painfully cruised the news crumbs to discern what was going on.

And guess what? I had to sit here and eat crow, totally reverse myself in just 3 months as we quickly discovered it was NOT migrating to Rome, it was NOT stopping the planet, and for whatever reason different from China, only had a 0.03% death rate here, and that from people mostly over 75 that Cuomo forced into contaminated nursing homes. Worse, the world flip-flopped from MY flip-flop, suddenly demanding the masks and measures I/we had been advocating! After their own data just showed they didn’t work and weren’t necessary! I’m reading YOUR official data, CDC, John Hopkins. What a pain! Except it wasn’t. I don’t care, I just follow the data, present the data, discuss the data. What others do, or the world, that’s not my business.

I was thinking that in fast-forward of my own journey of believing in Malthusian crisis, Eco-extremism, radical, immediate back-to-the-land life-altering and extreme actions that included all the latest “Earth dies tomorrow” stuff like Ozone, Food, Desertification, and Global Warming. I’m sure we all have. Now I had the great luxury of time about that, since Earth Day 1970, decades to start asking normal, simple idiot questions about it and to relentlessly not get any logical answers, and I wasn’t suspicious at first. But it’s the same process. And I didn’t have to be embarrassed then about being punk’d, used, made a total fool of, at cost of my life because I just followed the data. I listened to the experts, yes, but I also kept an open mind of tolerance and listened to their detractors too. BECAUSE THAT’S WHAT SCIENCE IS. What more can any of us do? Listening to everyone, answering their questions. Over time, which argument was logical and which data was real became apparent. A man can’t be embarrassed for being lied to by experts, his own friends, family, co-workers perhaps, and believing them at first before he knows more.

So am I supposed to ask these same three questions every day until pure madness ensures, screaming frustration appears and he does science merely to shut me up? Who wins there? Or let it go when we’re all well-meaning people attempting good things but have to hear baseless religious evangelizing? I find myself uncharacteristically unwilling to annoy for no reason this week. And I see other commenters strangely attacking each other for slights I – and them – can’t even detect. What does the board think?

One thing that strikes me, and there’s a quote about it I can’t quite remember. Kipling? Man of all Seasons? It merely asks, “Think: what if you are wrong?” And I interpret that to mean: Did good things happen, or bad? Is there some presentation we can just agree on? Perhaps that houses are good and conservation is moral? That Christianity is good, it doesn’t have to be your particular 100,000th sect of Christianity?

Nah. Multiverse of Measureless Mayhem and Maximum Madness: “Why did dinosaurs and the whole planet do so fantastic with high levels of CO2?”

Or should we just cooperate on good things and not make up bad faith assumptions of each other? Spot poll:

zerosum
    Participant

My two cent to help us think/arrive at a conclusion early this morning.

Where is it?

A government by and for the people.

Biden said, Here. Only Me and the democrat party

Putin: The EU has lost its political sovereignty. European elites are pursuing policies that are detrimental to the welfare of their own people, businesses, and economies.

————-
    IAEA are the 3 blind mice

Kiev launched an operation apparently aimed at taking the nuclear site ahead of an inspection by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA).
    ———
    Even if the pictures are staged, or photoshopped I haven’t seen them.
    • Ukraine Suffers Heavy Losses In Failed Offensive – Moscow (RT)
    ———–
    Failed plan “A”
    … calling upon Russia to establish a ‘demilitarized zone’ around the nuclear plant,
    with IAEA observers guarded by Ukrainian troops,

Plan “B”
    … calling upon IKRAINE to establish/observe a ‘demilitarized zone’ around the nuclear plant,
    with IAEA observers guarded by RUSSIAN troops.
    ———-
    The aid is coming from “inventory”. The money will go to the USA war industry build new “inventory
    President Biden has promised to keep bankrolling Ukraine’s military for “as long as it takes,” although the US’ end goal in the conflict is unclear, from the $40 billion allocated to Ukraine in a military and economic aid bill passed by Congress in May.
    ———–
    Don’t worry.
    High gas prices will leave a surplus by the end of winter.

Researchers at Wood Mackenzie predicted high natural gas prices will drive down European demand to 7% below the five-year average in the months through to March, leaving a “best-case scenario” of storage levels at 31% at winter’s end.
    ———-

John Day
    Participant

Thanks for that last article last night about Greenland’s ice sheet responding to southern hemispheric volcanic activity early this year, Polder Dweller via RIM.
    Space Weather News is interesting to monitor. Ben Davidson has “stellar” academic credentials, published a textbook, but is disliked and disparaged by some for his views. (Not at NASA, though.) https://spaceweathernews.com/

Mister Roboto
    Participant

upstateNYer
    Participant

Dr D: “Or should we just cooperate on good things and not make up bad faith assumptions of each other? Spot poll:”

Yes … i think …

Also, Dr D “So am I supposed to ask these same three questions every day until pure madness ensures … Or let it go when we’re all well-meaning people attempting good things but have to hear baseless religious evangelizing?”

Please don’t “let it go.” I’ve grown tired of the endless “religion” of science we’ve been subjected to, particularly over the past 2 1/2 years. Probably why I have knee-jerk reactions to someone being “shouted down” (whether on a University forum or by University students – wonder what the diff is?) and so must get chided for it.

What an eye opener the covid debacle has been. I haven’t been a med/pharma “science” fan for several decades, but the past couple years really coalesced exactly why I wasn’t.

Oroboros
    Participant

upstateNYer
    Participant

Tucker Carlson had a one-hour conversation with Mattias Desmet on Tucker Carlson Today (subscription required). I watched it last night – parts of it several times. It’s the best Desmet “interview” I’ve seen yet (Desmet does the vast majority of talking, no questions needed, he’s that intelligent and fascinating).

Oroboros
    Participant

Meanwhile, back in the Land of Real Adults:

Putin Explains Origins Of Global Inflation

Dora
    Participant

“An American president attempting to incite a civil war. Never seen such a thing.”

A president who, to all appearances, was led to the speaker’s stand by his wife and, when he tried to follow her away from the stand, she gently stopped him, hugged him and whispered something to him, turning him back toward the speakers stand. Never seen anything like that before, either. This will not end well.

EoinW
    Participant

Why did the German FM do what she did? Why do any of them broadcast what they are doing with either no excuse or the most outrageous excuse? They’re actually telling us we’ll eat bugs! Wouldn’t you think they’d try to sneak that one in at the last moment. “Oh there’s no more food! Maybe you should try eating insects?”

I’d say it’s like the kid and the cookie jar. Initially it’s a big thrill sneaking into the kitchen to steal a cookie and not get caught. Once the kid figures out he won’t get caught stealing one, he’ll start stealing handfuls of cookies. If he still doesn’t get caught, then what? Eventually its: “Mom I’m stealing cookies and you can’t stop me!”

For these psychopaths, the high of stealing from the public wears thin after a couple of decades. So they become more totalitarian and begin interfering in people’s lives. Are we now reaching the point where they will ruin people’s lives and brag about it to their face?

Oroboros
    Participant

Talk about accomplishments

The Empire of Lies has managed, actually managed in the literal sense, to drop below China’s RISING life expectancy.

Awesome

And the Clotshot Death Trip figures haven’t even gotten up a full head of steam.

To Infinity and Below

The Empire of Lies Ministry of Mediawhores
    will be spinning in your grave trying to memory hole this data.

RUSSIAN EX-PRESIDENT MEDVEDEV ON POSSIBLE EU ENERGY PRICE CAP: RUSSIAN GAS WILL SIMPLY NOT BE AVAILABLE IN EUROPE

Thanks for that last article last night about Greenland’s ice sheet responding to southern hemispheric volcanic activity early this year, Polder Dweller via RIM.

Anyone has an idea of why he could not post that, shoot.

Oroboros,

Meanwhile, back in the Land of Real Adults:

That video is already in today’s Debt Rattle.

Oroboros
    Participant

sorry

Oroboros
    Participant

I guess Polish jokes are still the gift that keeps on giving.

Germany Responds After Poland Demands $1.3 Trillion In WWII Reparations

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/germany-responds-after-poland-demands-13-trillion-wwii-reparations

After 83 YEARS

OMG, you mean the German’s were behind that Blitzkeig thing!

anticlimactic
    Participant

Zaporozhye Nuclear Power Plant

European ‘leaders’ stood by while Ukrainian forces shelled the plant in an effort to create another Chernobyl!!!!

It shows how little they actually care about Ukrainians, or even their own people.

Ukraine was just an excuse to destroy Russia, a plan which failed spectacularly. Germany has decided to literally ‘go for broke’!

I am sure that Russia is aware that the less gas they supply the weaker the EU becomes, i.e the weaker NATO becomes.

Europe may be returning to the 19th century.

aspnaz
    Participant

If pant-shitter POTUS thinks he’s Adolf, when should we start rounding up the Jews onto trains? If we miss the bus – so to speak – we may be accused of being Trump supporters and pant-shitter-israel may never be created.

upstateNYer
    Participant

Watching Tucker Carlson Tonight (day late, Fox Nation, no commercials) and he’s talking with Dr Marty Makary, professor of public health at Johns Hopkins, who said, “40% of rural pediatricians do not recommend the covid vaccine for children who are healthy.” Wait, what? First I’d heard that – has anyone seen that info somewhere?

And the urban/rural divide grows … based on the results of the vaxx in kids, we can stop wondering which “side” is going to “win” this struggle …

kultsommer
    Participant

Rickards, descending to “our level”:
    “Assume you buy a candy bar at a convenience store…..”
    Money-man finding a fault in the system in which he became insanely rich and has a proposal for “improvements”. How odd. Greg Hunter has a lot of them as a guests, expressing similar sentiment about their profession.
    Footnote in Marx’s Capital, a quote from XVIII century French philosopher still stands today:
    ” If a Tartars were to invade Europe now days it would be extremely hard task to explain to them who and what kind of person a financier is.”

TAE Summary
    Participant

@Dr. D
    The Science
    fify

Dora
    Participant

The US Democratic party polling numbers must be bad, really bad (no matter what the MSM is telling you) for them to send out Biden to give a “hate your neighbor” speech. (Inflation, a war going sideways, supply shortages, food shortages, increasing energy prices, decreasing life expectancies… can’t talk about that.)

John Day
    Participant

This was the topic of some speculation awhile back. Thanks Mate!

Quoth Dr. D : ‘Dr. D is “D” for the “Devil’s Advocate”.’
    (Understandable that “DA” means several other things, already.)

Dora
    Participant

Quotes from Henry K. (the WEF’s godfather).

https://www.azquotes.com/author/8103-Henry_A_Kissinger

boscohorowitz
    Participant

Re Biden’s ‘crystallnacht’ speech:

This will of course only further movement toward conservative sentiment. What demagogue arises from Trump’s shadow is what intrigues me. Oner also presumes that civil unrest will rise as we approach the mid-terms, and that maybe some of it will be genuine grassoots momentum not the same old astroturf.

Dora
    Participant

@bosco

I disagree. I live in a blue check college town. This morning everyone at the coffee shop seemed depressed and dispirited. If there’s civil unrest, look for it to be filled with FBI agents stirring things up, not organic at all.

boscohorowitz
    Participant

“They’re actually telling us we’ll eat bugs!”

If they’re lucky. The bug population is a modest fraction of what it was 20 years ago.

John Day
    Participant
    boscohorowitz
    Participant

“I disagree. ”

Disagreeing with “maybe” is an inherently Janusian contradiction.

cdv

Maybe I disagree with you, maybe I don’t. But then again, maybe I agree with you, maybe I don’t.

Is this thing turned on?

zerosum
    Participant

The definition depends on who approves/decides/has authority

1. peaceful demonstrations – Peaceful Demonstration is only an oxymoron in repressive countries, where regardless of the intent of the demonstrators, the government shows up and initiates violence.
    2. civil unrest – the gathering of more than one person, in reaction to an event, with the intention of causing a public disturbance inclusive of violent protests or disorder (excluding peaceful demonstrations), riots, arson, looting, occupation of institutional buildings, border infringements and armed insurrection in violation of the law.
    3. Jan. 6 committee hearing – It focused on the more than 3 hours between when former President Donald Trump’s Ellipse speech on Jan. 6 ended and when his prerecorded video asking protesters to go home posted to Twitter later that afternoon.

upstateNYer
    Participant

TAE Summary: fify … 🙂

upstateNYer
    Participant

Bosco: “This will of course only further movement toward conservative sentiment.”

Quite correct. I wish I’d never seen the clips from the speech (haven’t watched a pres speech in decades) since I’m flipping pissed to beat the band now. I’m considering buying a MAGA hat, alternating wearing it with my “I Will Not Comply” hat.

And I was a #walkaway only 5 or so years ago, and live in NY. Think about that.

zerosum
    Participant

J6 and …. now …. Biden Launches Divisive Attack On MAGA /Trump
    Yesterday U.S. president Joe Biden held a speech in Pennsylvania in which he incited the public against those who want to Make America Great Again.

The optics were a bit scary, …

phoenixvoice
    Participant

The Covid legacy lives on…
    It’s been 2.5 years. I’ve been acquainted with the local children’s hospital since about 2008. All age 3 and older are obligated to participate in the Covid theatre of mask wearing. It is so weird. Everywhere else: I see faces. For 12 years when at this place — I saw faces. There was a time when I went here with my son for several clinic visits throughout the year…and I saw faces.
    At least today I remembered to bring the cotton mask which is more comfortable. *sigh* Endoscopy for my son today, so it’s a 4 hour tour.

Is this a taste of what totalitarianism is like? I know that the masks are “performative art.” By now, most people know it, too, but we don them and comply at larger medical facilities.

The blood-red lighting and white-handed marines behind Biden is chilling. It reminds me of the imagery of so many movies about distopic, authoritarian regimes. All the while Biden’s words are one projection after another, projecting the reality of his own regime onto the “MAGA Republicans.” It’s surreal.

upstateNYer
    Participant

@phoenix: I feel your pain when it comes to the medical establishment and needing service so you’re forced into their covid dystopia. I’ve had to participate in that mess over the past few months. Here in NY, waiting rooms still have stickers on seats telling you where you can’t sit so they can maintain “social distance.” Sometimes you literally have to go wait out in the lobby so you can maintain that distance. I’ve had a couple procedures that required sedation (one, an endoscopy) and my “driver” wasn’t allowed in the waiting room – had to sit in the car in the parking lot for hours. (wish I were kidding)

I bought a “fakemask” and it’s been a godsend. It’s a fine mesh and I can breathe through it with no problem – plus no condensate!!! Some of the healthcare gestapos did a double take after seeing it (it’s obvious when you look closely that you can see my nose and mouth through it) but they didn’t dare say anything. How could they? A bandana was acceptable, right? 😉

Sorry your kid is going through that. I sympathy. I’m now leaning toward #walkaway (again – what was I thinking??) from conventional medicine because I swear they’ve made me way sicker than I was when I started their “testing”.

Check out fakemaskworldwide dot com. They’re having a sale today, according to an email I received. Well worth the investment when it comes to comfort.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.