Debt Rattle September 24 2022

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle September 24 2022

Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    Redneck
    Participant

That Lithium mining meme was pathetic.
    “Where is lithium available from? With 8 million tons, Chile has the world’s largest known lithium reserves. This puts the South American country ahead of Australia (2.7 million tons), Argentina (2 million tons) and China (1 million tons).”
    Anybody with a brain knows a few kids scrambling around in the dust are not mining Lithium.

Veracious Poet
    Participant

Canadian activist Susan Standfield discusses the “pandemic” racket and how the so-called health emergency was highly organized and large-scale financial fraud.

The average sheepster is unaware of how “Emergency Powers” have been used by the banksters et al. to subjugate them & strip away “human rights granted by your creator”.

Did she mention the core “problem”, or just the latest “problem”?

She is trying to raise millions in capital in order to assist the freedom community.

Sounds like just another grifting carny…

She sees a return to manufacturing, populism, farming, and people rediscovering their nationhood.

All that is fine & dandy, but the avg. “citizen” is a brainwashed pawn of the Empire, with most fee-feeling safe & comfortable with crumbs falling off their political team’s table…

And oh, completely oblivious, to this day, the multi-generational REALITY of “Emergency Powers”, which have mutated “their nationhood” into a looting operation from the top down…

boscohorowitz
    Participant

“I agree with your response”

No, you’re wrong. Yes, I agree.

aspnaz
    Participant

willem said

It is the fragility of our current “finely tuned” production and distribution systems.

I would emphasise the centralization of our systems: centralization in monopoly that we are told to believe is more efficient, it maybe more efficient but is definitely at considerably increased risk.

boscohorowitz
    Participant

“Anybody with a brain knows a few kids scrambling around in the dust are not mining Lithium.”

No, you’re wrong:

Child Labor Lithium

And no, you’re not welcome for me proving you wrong.

I believe I have a brain. In fact, I’ve seen brain scans the doc said showed my brain. But it was just a funny image.

For all I know, I have old gym socks in my head. One never knows.

aspnaz
    Participant

AFKTT said

what kind of kick do you get out of denying irrefutable evidence

Yet more evidence of a closed zero-science mind, if any were needed.

Veracious Poet
    Participant

aspnaz
    Participant

boscohorowitz said

I believe I have a brain. In fact, I’ve seen brain scans the doc said showed my brain.

I can see how there is enough doubt to check with a scan.

Oroboros
    Participant

Better short your Cobalt positions

Cobalt-free cathode for lithium-ion batteries

Researchers at the University of California, Irvine and four national laboratories have devised a way to make lithium-ion battery cathodes without using cobalt, a mineral plagued by price volatility and geopolitical complications.

Date:
    September 21, 2022
    Source:
    University of California – Irvine
    Summary:
    Researchers offer a new mixture of metallic elements to serve as lithium-ion cathodes. This ‘high-entropy doping strategy’ is part of an effort to remove cobalt — and expensive and geopolitically problematic mineral — from LI batteries.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2022/09/220921210059.htm

willem
    Participant

@aspnaz: Agreed. I view centralization as one of the big evils. Distribute everything. If we need to have “centers”, let’s have many rather than one. This is not only robust, but it allows a selection process to determine which among all the alternatives available is the best way.

Antidote
    Participant

@V.Arnold; resist the urge to express your agency like all the other fat headed monkey’s on this site. I’ll do it for you.

Dr. D doesn’t *understand* why Jordan Peterson is so popular? I do. Your so smart figure it out , you claim a connection to the ‘logos’ ? Peel your own onion.

VP and Armondo P you are wasting precious time try to modulate this gathering of monkey with big brains.

Afewknowthetruth, Haha fucking ha! So smart yet so fucking DUMB! Ha! The seeming dual nature of reality.

John Day the ‘drifter’ , spare us the cut and paste.

Now… Boschoshevitz. Your incessant public mental masterbating is annoying at least and so supremely arrogant and condescending at most. Yes I am a mean drunk. So hit me on the side of the head with Madamski’s beer mug. Put on your makeup and wig and go have sex with yourself,

Raul, if you put a LiKE button on these comments I will contribute $200 to this cause, if you put a thumbs up thumbs down button on each comment… $200 more in addition for the kitchen,

Michael Reid
    Participant

@VP

Thanks for the insights. I found her attractive.

Afewknowthetruth
    Participant

Had the radio on earlier.

“I am Can-hardly-stop-laughing-readin-this-shit But-I’m-paid-well-to-do-it. Here is the RNZ ‘news’.

“1.2 million Russian citizens have been arrested for protesting against Putin’s warmongering.

12 million Russians are queueing at airports, awaiting seats on planes, to leave the country.

120 million Russians are driving vehicles towards Russia’s borders in the hope of escaping, because they can no longer stand living under an evil dictator.

Freedom fighters in Ukraine expect to launch their next offensive to liberate captured regions shortly.

The results of the illegal referendums in regions occupied by Russia, which gave an 80% vote in favour of joining the Russian Federation, have been declared invalid by western leaders.

Oh, I’m sorry, that last item is the headline for tommorow’s ‘news’. I must have got my papers out of order.”

Meanwhile, back at the headquarters of the ranch:

‘Jacinda Ardern at the UN: ‘We don’t need to lose sight of hope and optimism’

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/national/jacinda-ardern-at-the-un-we-don-t-need-to-lose-sight-of-hope-and-optimism/ar-AA12cFLa?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=79538516983c4669b235ad8fd9c80bb0

boscohorowitz
    Participant

Thank you for sharing that with us, Antidote. I hope your antidote is better than your cure. I can’t complain about your remarks about me or others because you voiced them frankly and directly. I can respect that even if I couldn’t shit a give what you think of me. Yes, I am a mean teetotaller.

He Got All the Whiskey

In one of those meanderings that happen online, I ended up on the April 2020 ethical skeptic’s twitter feed, where below was ilargi’s duckling snippet and, below that, a real hooter titled “and the Oscar goes to…”
    Long lead in (sorry I haven’t twitter-embedded yet) but Ilargi, you’ll love it.

Afewknowthetruth
    Participant

We can always tell when fuckwits have lost arguments: they resort to insults:

‘Afewknowthetruth, Haha fucking ha! So smart yet so fucking DUMB! Ha! The seeming dual nature of reality.’

Unable to counter precise arguments and a cohesive narrative that explains everything, and completley devoid of relevant facts, they either make up their own ‘facts’ or engage in ad hominem attacks.

I guess, as I am proven increasingly right on all the matters I comment on, the ad hominem attack will increase.

The question is, should I bother countering the bullshit that peolle churn out? Probably no longer.

With the ‘ship’ about to go under (like next month) I really need to focus on my personal projects and let the ‘idiots’ have the last say on this forum.

I’m sure that will make a lot of them very happy in the very short term.

boscohorowitz
    Participant

“I can see how there is enough doubt to check with a scan.”

You see much that is hidden, oh Tim.

Deep Vision

boscohorowitz
    Participant

“Google CEO Sundar Pichai Tells Employees They Don’t Need Money to Have Fun Amid Cost Cuts
    To support his argument, Pichai referenced the days when Google was “small and scrappy.” He told employees not to equate fun with money.”

I’m sure the Schwabbians appreciate this more gradual approach to owning nothing but being happy.

boscohorowitz
    Participant

Oh.

I’d heard the 24th was doomed, but had no idea it was so doomed we’d lose Pharaoh.

Thank you, kind sir.

VietnamVet
    Participant

These are existential times with stupid incompetent leaders on all sides who put WWI politicians and generals to shame. Ukraine is the homeland of the Goths and Vandals. Histories, human nature and cultures are ignored. People killed to increase corporate profits. Public services and the military looted to make Western and Russian Oligarchs richer.

This is where we’re at now; 1) Sanctioning Russian piped natural gas assures a frozen European economic depression this winter, 2) Russia adding the four regions of Donbas under its nuclear umbrella forces NATO and Ukraine to decide either to stand down their counteroffensive or risk a Russian tactical nuclear weapons strike that would quickly escalate into a global nuclear war, or 3) a way out, like the Korean War, is to sign an armistice and build a DMZ from the Arctic Ocean to the Black Sea.

This century, if peace is given a chance, if the West survives intact, and remains a feudal hierarchy based on wealth; the broke, apparatchik run, monopolistic corporate/state will continue avoiding dealing with overpopulation, climate change and resource depletion. They will let nature take its course. But the Overlords will have to kowtow to China to have access to manufactured goods.

zerosum
    Participant

To useful, a good crystal ball must be able to separate time and space.

V. Arnold
    Participant

eptember 25, 2022 at 12:50 am #116763REPLY

Antidote
    @V.Arnold; resist the urge to express your agency like all the other fat headed monkey’s on this site. I’ll do it for you.

Appreciate the offer, but frankly, I prefer to speak for myself…
    As should be apparent; I rarely comment these days…

Afewknowthetruth
    Participant

Many years ago I was given sage advice, which I must admit I had forgotten, but have been reminded of by the antics of certain participants on TAE discussion forum.

Never try to teach a pig to sing: it wastes your time, and it annoys the pig.

Good luck with the planetary meltdown that is due to excessive CO2 emissions and other emissions that you deny is happening and has nothing to do with fundamental chemistry and physics: you’ll need it.

Good luck with the energy collapse that you think is due to artificially created shortages because there is ‘plenty of oil’; you’ll need it.

Good luck with the huge loss of biodiversity and ultra-rapid species extinction that most apparently don’t even notice: you’ll need it.

It was nice knowing some of you on TAE, the ones who did not resort to ad hominem attacks and those who could operate at a higher-than-8-year-old level of thinking and analysis.

boscohorowitz
    Participant

Have a glorious ride into the twilight on me, Afewknow. Just cuz we all deserve tha mucht:

But I’ll note that this — ” the ones who did not resort to ad hominem attacks and those who could operate at a higher-than-8-year-old level of thinking and analysis” commits the sin it denounces. That’s ok; hypocrisy sneaks up on us all. But my lust for certain forms of data hygiene (think of it as my personal kink) bids me to point it out.

No, I’m wrong. Who said that? Anyway, I agree with your 3 Main Points: Wonky climate, Peak Oil Blues, almost incomprehensible biological devastation.

One Hand Chopping

boscohorowitz
    Participant
    boscohorowitz
    Participant

Hail Atlantis!

Amid insanity and waste and destruction, a golden age shines through here and there.

aspnaz
    Participant

boscohorowitz said

“Anybody with a brain knows a few kids scrambling around in the dust are not mining Lithium.”

No, you’re wrong:

Child Labor Lithium

The link you provided is about Cobalt mining which absolutely proves nothing about Lithium mining. You are wrong again, but this time with a shake of false news.

aspnaz
    Participant

AFKTT said:

I guess, as I am proven increasingly right on all the matters I comment on, the ad hominem attack will increase.

The question is, should I bother countering the bullshit that peolle churn out? Probably no longer.

Thank god! We have had to put up with your incessant shite for what feels like an age, beyond the call of duty. I am now so used to skipping your comments, yet today I granted you a benefit of the doubt and scanned a few – I was in a charitable mood – only to have my priot judgement confirmed as correct. When are you pissing off then?

phoenixvoice
    Participant
    slimyalligator
    Participant

I always appreciate Illagi’s use of Watterson’s Calvin and Hobbes strip. Comedy, yes but also social commentary from way back but it still works for me. Lots to unpack from four panels.

Polemos
    Participant

I’m not unsympathetic to Alexander Carpenter’s comment, but I find many of those kinds of flaws or tells (depending on what frame you use to approach the subject) present in people who present themselves as “against” or “outside” or just “alternative” to the SN. Just casually work your way through the comments on the major anti-COVID Substacks, and you’ll find the same behaviors and commenting habits. Very few people will be open to questioning penetrating to their assumptions. They repeat the same phrases (“mass formation psychosis” or “5G” or “depopulation agenda” or . . .) while making the same assertions about the dark and evil elite who want to kill off not only those commentators but the “mindless sheep” who outnumber them, the righteous few. Challenge any part of this, and you must be an idiot, a bot, a fool, or not paying any attention, or you soon find that there is little depth, little thoughtfulness, but even more of the repeated narrative a person on the outside, in the alternative, or dispossessed is supposed to say. But if you do get sources for the alternative mindsets, you soon find these commentators are repeating from the same experts, linking to the same authorities, deferring to the same groups, behaving as one sees among the cults of personality Alexander Carpenter criticizes. And likewise, just as the SN concentrates attention upon “bad guys” whose neuroses or obsessions helps us blame them for the problems, how is that different from the concentration of outsider frustration and suspicion upon “Bill Gates” or “Albert Bourla” or “Klaus Schwab”?

How many people asserting there are self-assembling nanostructures present in the inoculations actually develop plausible mechanisms for how these things work? —likewise compare these assertions with the ignorance from supporters of the SN about plausible mechanisms for how the inoculations ostensibly work: these groups of people cannot explain what’s happening beyond very superficial hand-waving claims, but they similarly lack the doubt that ought to follow from this kind of ignorance. And if you manage to find one who actually helpfully links to a downloadable pdf from nlh.nih.gov, you soon find they misunderstood the article or it offers no support nor context for the assertions —might even describe facts and situations undermining the claims! So instead what they each offer are stories: stories about how things work, how they fit into their larger pictures of our succumbing to fascism (white supremacist/nationalist fascists or transnational corporate globalist fascists), how we become siloed into push-pull/pilpul antagonisms wasting and dissipating our energy, how if we all worked together as a community, we’d defeat the Other Side —<e>the fascists.

Well, I wrote ‘you’ in the above, but it is what I find when I go about my way finding and gathering information. Having left behind social groups both “left” and “right”, both “above” and “below”, I find that this sense of the other’s projecting upon the self is still part of our fear as humans to really practice the art of loving the other, and especially the other within one’s self.

It takes a certain kind of mindset to pursue deconversion from one’s inhabited lies, and one thing people most hate to hear is that “exiting the Matrix” is still part of a Matrix’s control systems —Neo had to learn this lesson in <i>Matrix: Reloaded, Morpheus had to have his confidence and zealotry shaken, the audience had to cope with their own enjoyment factor. There is a lot of addictive desire formed in being in opposition to a hateful foe —comments about other commentators often reveal a distinct enjoyment in tearing down, mocking, humiliating or otherwise cramming the space of someone taken to be on the Other Side. Recognizing one’s own participation in abuse, especially self-abuse, also helps one deconvert from false dichotomies and blinding mythologies —weakening one’s own reliance upon the ego for knowledge of one’s Self goes a long way towards recognizing the role desire and enjoymnet plays in all these forms of destruction, and creation.

boscohorowitz
    Participant

“The link you provided is about Cobalt mining which absolutely proves nothing about Lithium mining. You are wrong again, but this time with a shake of false news.”

No, you’re right, I’m wrong! Me bad! You good! Yeah!

I confused cobalt’s place in lithium battery production with lithium itself. Old brain gets fogged in here sand there. (Although it isn’t necessary to use cobalt, per my understanding, it’s a component in most lithium batteries I’d googled child labor lithium mining and that was a prominent link. I skimmed a bit too fast for an old fart with lousy glasses.

Yea, I’m wrong! Does this prove I’m not a robot? I wanna be a real boy not a wooden social puppet.

Envision a Perfect Sphere or Set of Train Wheels

Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.