Debt Rattle September 9 2023

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle September 9 2023

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Red
    Participant

“But yet mathematical certainty is after all, something insufferable. Twice two makes four seems to me simply a piece of insolence. Twice two makes four is a pert coxcomb who stands with arms akimbo barring your path and spitting. I admit that twice two makes four is an excellent thing, but if we are to give everything its due, twice two makes five is sometimes a very charming thing too.”

– Fyodor Dostoevsky, Notes from the Underground

Everybody knows that 2 + 2 = 4 since 4 = 2 + 2. They know that excellent thing with certainty but generally fail to appreciate the charming nature of 2 + 2 = 5. Tautologies are usually preferred to choices that seem to contradict the “laws of nature.” Mind-forged manacles are popular because freedom from the laws of nature, while desired, is feared. It suggests that liberty is a fundamental existential truth.

Don’t get me wrong, I can count. I am drinking my second cup of coffee. Number one has disappeared down my throat, but the second coffee tastes fine. It is real and still exists. The first is just an abstraction now – number 1 – a simple vertical line on the page.

We are pissing our lives away on abstractions,

Numbed by Numbers on the Way to the Digital Palace

zerosum
    Participant

Famous words

But there’s other studies – Fauci

Veracious Poet
    Participant

@dbentonsmith

Thank you for the insightful reply. I re-read it three or four times and found it more and more encouraging each time over. The world’s a mess at the moment, but what else is new?

We keep on mightily slogging through and it’s going to work out better than most expect.

I certainly hope you’re right, but I don’t know, & neither of us will probably be around to see the outcome, either way…

None of the suffering, implosion of civility, loss of sanity was necessary.

Yet. Here. We. Are.

There’s a growing swath of humanity that lazily rejected any & *all* opportunities to be self-sustaining, instead scrounged about seeking easier, softer ways to *profit* through parasitically extracting their wherewithal from the productive, the naive, the defenseless. Suckers are what they call their marks 😐

Top to bottom, the advances of Western Civ were squandered so that Gen Pop could party like it’s 1999 ~ That’s *exactly* what that nauseating cruise ship represents ~ People with no respect for themselves, others, natural resources, the sanctity of life, even humanity at large…

It’s all A Cosmic Joke. Life’s a Party. There’s No Shame. Anything Goes.

Hunter’s not an anomaly, not an outlier ~ Hunter, The Bidens, The Clintons, The Bushes, The Obamas et al. are the new, *new* norm.

The emerging *standard* in The West.

Who do you think is The Biden’s *base*?

(P.S. Everyone knows, but only a few will admit the *harsh* truth.)

From the welfare grifting immigrants, to the lawfare wielding apparatchiks/quislings, to the warfare murdering MIC, to the money for nuthin’ banksters, to the conspiratorial UniParty GlobalCap Empire, which enriches itself through the despairing impoverishment, death & destruction of those that are subjugated into slavery-esque extraction schemes.

And it’s all destined to *fail*.

As bad as nukes flying during a WWIII scenario may be as a harbinger of doom, the real *dead* man’s switch is when Western Civ loses the wherewithal to maintain nuke reactors & *other* doomsday technology that was created by The Science

Not to mention when the Human Control Officers are overwhelmed & the purge becomes a 24/7 real reality.

And where almost there 😐

God help the innocent & if any of God’s Kids still don’t know/believe inSpiritual Sanity, may The Loving, Healing, Creative Power of The Infinite help you.

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.