Desperate Democrats Dig Deep

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Desperate Democrats Dig Deep

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Kazimir Malevich Woman torso 1932   Earlier today, I wrote: “What is an impeachable offense? Turns out, it’s anything the Democrats can get enoug
    [See the full post at: Desperate Democrats Dig Deep]

zerosum
    Participant

Do you think that the inquiry will be done in front of the cameras or in close committee meeting?
    What a joke!

Vote for me!

“In her announcement Ms Pelosi said the six congressional committees already investigating Mr Trump would continue their work, but now under the umbrella of a formal impeachment

inquiry

.”.

zerosum
    Participant

I just read the tel. phone call.
    YAAAAN!
    Nothing burger.

Now now zero, methinks you need to watch more CNN. Their ilk sees case closed, guilty as charged.

Turfkiller
    Participant

I would think that TЯump blackmailing an ally by withholding aid to a country being attacked by Putin to help him find or makeup dirt on a political rival is the very definition of desperate.

John Day
    Participant

http://www.johndayblog.com/2019/09/greta-and-tulsi.html
    Tulsi Gabbard may become a historical agent of change.
    She’s against the wars of empire, and with first-hand knowledge of war.
    She’s sure. That’s necessary.
    Tulsi has shown up with over 2% support in so many polls, that another one was finally in the list the DNC had to accept for qualifying..
    She will be in the October Democratic debate(s). Will she be in the same debate with Warren and/or Sanders, if there are two?
    Will Joe Biden give up his spot?
    https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/462789-gabbard-qualifies-for-fourth-presidential-debate

The DNC announces tougher inclusion criteria for November debate. Who will get weeded? Who won’t get weeded? Now taking bets.
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-debate-idUSKBN1W82F4

Rudy Giuliani went on TV this morning and fired a broadside at Biden and Obama.
    He also called out the Obama administration for being “in the tank,” asking “Why didn’t Obama say – when he saw the first Ukraine article that said there was a serious conflict of interest. Why didn’t Obama call his Vice President and say ‘Joe, you can’t give this kid a job … Joe, did you get your kid a job with the crookedest oligarch in Ukraine? Just four months after we had to toss him out of the military for drug addiction? Do you know how that’s gonna look Joe?”
    https://www.zerohedge.com/political/rudy-drops-new-bombs-slams-obama-cabinet-pattern-corruption-claims-china-bought-biden

Ukraine Likely to Reopen Probe of Hunter Biden Firm
    President Zelensky came to office vowing to fight corruption, and it looks like he’ll open a lot of cases shut by shady prosecutors. But the focus is on Ukraine, not the U.S.
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/ukraine-likely-to-reopen-probe-of-hunter-biden-firm-sources

Following the release of a transcript betwen President Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky – which does not rev​e​al a ‘quid pro quo’ or other attempts to pressure Ukraine into investigating Trump’s 2020 Democratic rival Joe Biden, the Wall Street Journal’s Kimberly Strassel took to Twitter to dissect yet ‘another internal attempt to take out a president.’
    https://www.zerohedge.com/political/wsj-journo-shreds-attempt-take-out-president-after-transcript-release

IG Says Trump-Ukraine Whistleblower Had ‘Bias’ In Favor Of ‘Rival Candidate’
    https://www.zerohedge.com/political/ig-says-trump-ukraine-whistleblower-had-bias-favor-rival-candidate-retains-clinton

Dr. D
    Participant

We arm-twist and blackmail countries to do our bidding? That must be a first.

No, really, Ukraine already had an investigation running. It’s not ours, it’s theirs, because it’s been running since 2012 until Biden shut it down, with Obama’s direct support, in March 2016. It’s not a question of WHETHER it is corrupt in Ukraine, EVERYTHING in corrupt in Ukraine, it has the sad honor to be the most corrupt nation on earth. So anyone who has ever been there, or worked with anyone there, has perforce, also participated in that corruption. Not all nations are our nation and not all ways are our ways, that’s sovereignty. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viktor_Shokin

My only thought on this was that all the anti-corruption initiatives somehow involved taking billions from uber-poor Ukraine and moving it to London where it would be “safe”. Safe from the impoverished and desperate Ukrainian people, certainly, like their now-missing gold. Just like Magnitsky and Bill Browder, now a UK citizen, took all of Russia’s billions safely back to London, under Yeltsin, the way insider participant Martin Armstrong describes. Funny ol’ world.
    https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/?s=browder
    Yats

So anyway, TЯump Biden blackmailing an ally by withholding aid to a country being attacked by Putin we just spent $5B to illegally create an illegal coup and was even then in a war with Russian separatists to help him find or makeup hide dirt on a political rival ally is the very definition of desperate.

That’s why Trump had this PARTICULAR phone call with this PARTICULAR country, with this PARTICULAR subject, and had it leaked when this PARTICULAR Biden is the DNC front-runner, this PARTICULAR number of days from the Primary. The media wouldn’t cover it otherwise.

all of those ridiculous charges and all of the mistakes made at The New York Times and other places. You’ve had a very bad week and this will be better than all of them. This is another one. So keep playing it up because you’re going to look really bad when it falls. I guess I’m about 22 and 0, and I’ll keep it that way. … keep asking questions and build it up as big as possible so you can have a bigger downfall.” D.J. Trump

Don’t know what I can say. I don’t think he’s capable of making it more obvious, or the media misunderstand it with more natural, partisan acumen.

Maxwell Quest
    Participant

I suspect that there are larger forces at work here other than your everyday political infighting. How is it that such a weak pretext of a hearsay conversation with Ukraine’s president would cause Nancy Pelosi to now jump on the Impeach Trump bandwagon?

Could it be that the globalists were unhappy with Trump’s recent U.N. speech in which he said that the future belongs to “patriots” (Nationalism) and not “globalists”? Have you noticed how much effort over the last twenty years has gone into weakening national cultures via unchecked immigration, at the same time as power is being consolidated into supra-national organizations like the EU and banks? That those who have tried to resist these plans have been bitterly attacked… Greece, Italy, Brexit, Russia, China, Trump?

Whatever you may think of Trump and his personal faults, he is a symbol of the forces that are trying to reclaim national sovereignty, that believe it is better to live in a multi-polar world instead of a one-world government that is unchecked in its dominance and greed. And since it is looking increasingly likely that he will be reelected in 2020, he must be taken out at all costs. As Speaker of the House, I’m more inclined to believe that Ms. Pelosi is just one of the globalist’s many pawns and working on their behalf.

Turfkiller
    Participant

By bringing up Biden you all are trying to give Trump a free pass for his blackmail.

Timeline:

Timeline: Trump, Giuliani, Biden, and Ukrainegate

Yeah, we’re all guilty. That just leaves a mention of who are not. Guess you won’t find them here. Then again, there’s Turfkiller, he makes an effort. But he’s a lone voice in a desert of stupidity, blindness and misunderstanding.

It’s no mean feat to see how the exact same info is interpreted in 180º different ways. But that’s our new normal. Today’s transcript is a pretty perfect example of it, but this has been going on since Trump announced his candidature. The media fashion your opinion for you.

Now tell me, how many people around you do you know that you would trust to be smart enough not to fall for that? I’m not asking about you, because I already know you think you are that smart. Comes with the territory. You think your opinion is your own. But then everybody does.

How many people will admit their opinion is nothing but what they read and see at NYT, WaPo, CNN et al? Nobody will. But for a vast majority or Americans (and this is true all over the western world, just with different TV stations and papers), that’s where they got their opinions from.

What are the odds you’re not part of that vast majority? Know any probability theory?

NB: yes, Fox does it too. But those guys have been at it for ages, we see them coming from beyond the horizon, while the NYT, Maddow, WaPo, have only recently moved there, and only because they figured out it was their biggest money maker ever.

boscohorowitz
    Participant

I’m not a Trump fan although I prefer him in office to Hillary. Back in the 2016, I called the duopoly choice of Hillary vs Trump as ‘ratshit vs batshit’. I didn’t vote for either of them so don’t blame me.

Why do I prefer Trump over Hillary? Because I’m convinced that Trump understands how little fun it is to play golf in a stuffy, mildewed, harshly lit underground survival bunker on Astroturf, even New and Improved! Nanoturf. Trump, imo, carries a lesser risk factor for provoking a nuclear conflict than Hillary. However, every day in office he grows older and more deranged as his Narcissistic Personality Disorder and growing old age take their toll on his aching head, and he’s hounded by greedy sociopathic war hogs, so that risk grows hourly.

So, that said, I’ll promote the probability that we haven’t gotten all the dirt yet on the Biden/Trump affair, and that neither party will come out clean. Right now, it’s just competing entities and media complexes trying to get the upper hold, imo. Right now, it looks like the Biden camp is poised to reclaim the media narrative and get a dominant grip on the Trump faction. But this corruption centipede has many more shoes yet to fall, sez moi, and today’s Democrats are the best friend the Republicans ever had. The Dems will fall on their own sword yet, I suspect.

Biden is a creep, Trump is a creep, just in different ways at different times. Rome is burning. Music. maestro, please:

Creeps Gonna Creep

boscohorowitz
    Participant

Oops! White House Emails Democrats Its Trump-Ukraine Talking Points

And so forth. So now the Dems circulate talking points that weaken the narrative one presumes they want to promote. With enemies like that, who needs friends?

zerosum
    Participant

“How many people will admit their opinion is nothing but what they read and see”

When leader talk to each other they do deals, pork, tit for tat etc.

boscohorowitz
    Participant

Top Ukrainian justice official says US ambassador gave him a do not prosecute list

Whatever the comprehensive truth is, it’s far from cut’n’dried for-or-against either camp.

Spin-dizzy, I am:

Keep Me Turning

(That’s the amazing Henry Spinetti on drums, tom-tom afficiandos. Too little known but always in demand.)

zerosum
    Participant

Want my vote?

THEN … put my demands in the bill.

This is the way it done.

We have the news media “pot calling the kettle black”.

Hypocrites

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.