Einstein's Definition of Gluttony

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum TAE Blog Finance Einstein's Definition of Gluttony

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    wp_admin
    Keymaster

[article]334[/article]

gurusid
    Participant

Hi folks,

There is an interesting formula from John Gall’s “Systems Bible”:

Ro/Rs

“…where Ro equals the amount of Reality which fails to reach the Control Unit, and Rs equals the total amount of Reality presented to the system. The fraction Ro/Rs varies from zero (full awareness of outside reality) to unity (no reality getting through).” (From: “The Systems Bible: the Beginners Guide to systems large and small”, John Gall, 2006. P.46-7)

While it is all too tempting to want to blame people, from a purely systems perspective it can be seen that in the case of the EU banking/debt problem, and more generally the Global banking/debt problem that we reached “unity” some while ago (i.e. Ro/Rs = 1) Again as Dr Gall points out, NO amount of tweaking ANY system will make that system perform its assigned task any better, but will instead inevitably make the situation far worse for the performance of that task. The system meanwhile just grows and grows useing and consuming more and more resources; in respect of its own internal ‘reality’ its doing just fine!

L,
    Sid.

Dig Dirt

Gurusid
    Great information, i must read more on this. It is something i have deeply suspected for a while, though within that system there are always agents or mutations at work, that allow for critical system change or adaptation to a newly imposed reality or limits to the reality threshold. Gee i just realised you can sound like a wanker when you talk like i just did. I don’t care though.
    Thanks again for Mr. Gall’s concepts

gurusid
    Participant

Hi Dig Dirt,
    You’re welcome. Of course the other salient point that Dr Gall makes is that systems attract systems people. And I think we have all met one or two or more of those in our time, you know the guys who just have to do it by the book – jobs worths etc. And if you haven’t… there is the possibility that you are one of THEM! 😉

There are a few copies of Dr Galls work going back over the years, I think he first published in the seventies, and has developed his ‘theory’ over the decades. While somewhat tongue in cheek, his ideas carry a profound wisdom of all things systemic involving humans.

Here’s a typical example:

“Couple refuse to rip up ILLEGAL vegetable garden after demands from draconian council”

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2177717/Couple-Michel-Beauchamp-Josee-Landry-petition-stop-council-ripping-illegal-vegetable-garden.html
    PUBLISHED: 14:37, 23 July 2012 | UPDATED: 18:31, 23 July 2012

“As the world battles an obesity epidemic, one Canadian council is going around ripping up thriving vegetable gardens.”

I mean you just can’t make this stuff up…

See their video here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFuCdnT9WsU

L,
    Sid.

(Btw – i am pretty sure its ‘Dr’ Gall, not ‘Mr’ as i had first thought)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.