Jeffrey Sachs Still Promotes Disaster

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Jeffrey Sachs Still Promotes Disaster

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Amedeo Modigliani Elvira Resting at a Table 1919   Many of you are undoubtedly familiar with Naomi Klein’s 2007 book “The Shock Doctrine: The Ris
    [See the full post at: Jeffrey Sachs Still Promotes Disaster]

Professorlocknload
    Participant

Maybe Sachs is just another wanna be “Potent Director” howling at the moon for attention. Could it be, that if left alone, the worlds economic affairs would eventually sort themselves out? No doctrine as the best doctrine? Let freedom of association sort it all out?

But then, I guess there will always be meddling for profit by Pareto’s Foxes.

Dr. D
    Participant

Same: Maybe this is a GOOD thing, because what he’s suggesting is so bad it could never possibly work?

But then his pals will waste a lot of valuable resources stumbling ego-drunk around the maypole.

Nassim
    Participant

I must admit that I always did think that Yanis Varoufakis was a fraud. DiEM25 is obviously some sort of Soros-like organisation designed to do the exact opposite of its purported aims.

Time will tell.

SteveB
    Participant

“meddling for profit”–great phrase, Prof.

Yes, for as long as we allow it–choose it, actually. Here we go with more hand wringing over what ‘they’ are doing and will do as though we have no part, no say, no CHOICE. Apparently the shock has worked. We’re brain-dead zombies.

oxymoron
    Participant

Best line this year – It’s all just snake oil. We want to save the planet, and the life upon it, but we’re not willing to pay the price and bear the consequences. So we make up a narrative that feels good and run with it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.