Julian Assange and the Dying of the Light

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Julian Assange and the Dying of the Light

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Jacques-Louis David Erasistratus Discovering the Cause of Antiochus’ Disease 1774   One thing that’s not receiving enough attention in the respec
    [See the full post at: Julian Assange and the Dying of the Light]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Ilargi

We need to rage against the dying of the light more than ever. Because the light, indeed, is dying. We should not go gentle into that night without ever being heard from again. We owe that to ourselves, our children, and to Julian. It’s all the same thing. Not standing up for Assange means not standing up for your children. Are you sure you’re okay with that?

Beautifully said; your erudition (The quality of having or showing great knowledge or learning; scholarship), is much needed.
    I fail in that light…
    Thanks…

zerosum
    Participant

“The mainstream media are already captives to the system, lock, stock and barrel. But if Assange can be silenced this way, what are Jim Kunstler, the Automatic Earth and Zero Hedge going to do? Are we all going to shut up?”

The problem solvers, for Julian Assange, are Putin and Trump.

Dr. D
    Participant

We will never shut up. That’s the 1st Amendment. But people misconstrue what that means.

Freedom of Speech is not a right granted by the government. Freedom of Speech is a natural human right. Why? Because being human means by nature you will and must have ideas and opinions and you will and must express them. To do otherwise is to no longer be human. That’s why it’s “inalienable” — unable to be separated. That’s why rights pre-exist governments and are neither allowed nor denied by them. You’re human: that means you are going to speak out. You, me, them, everyone. And although in the U.S. our highest law recognizes this in theory, it is no less true for Australians, Swedes, Britons, or Russians. To do otherwise is to tyrannically oppress humankind, and draw the opposition of ALL men, quite possibly with arms, which is why we have that OTHER Amendment.

So what will we do? Ignore governments’ illegal actions like the hateful, obsolete trolls they are and live as men. If every man supports Assange, it will be cripplingly hard for ANY government to oppose him and all of us, without losing the very legitimacy that grants them existence. So the problem is theirs, not ours. The power is ours, not theirs. We know who we are and what we stand for. We will exist tomorrow. They’re the ones in danger, not us and it’s high time they remembered.

What will we do? See you tomorrow, and the day after, standing for the rights of men until I, you, and we, pass the same fight to our children, when they too will stand. It’s natural law, like gravity. Good luck stopping it.

Glennda
    Participant

Thank you, Ilargi. You tie the Russia(phobia) story with Julian in such a clear way. You give me a way of explaining my doubts about the propaganda to others.

What a travesty it all is and so typical of USian hate profiling, a new McCarthyism. This feels like a concerted program by the “intelligence” (?) agencies et al. to form a divisive propaganda narrative. So easy when the accused are not allowed to defend themselves. If I voice doubts about the Russian meddling narrative being the horror story, I get people who have been long time friends foaming at the mouth and shouting at me that the Russians are interfering in our elections. (Like what country doesn’t have some program to influence other countries.) But this US propaganda is much more manipulative than “regime change” or shooting up wedding parties just in case a bad guy is there.

It’s amazing how much power (or is it smarts?), we give to Russia/Putin. They must be the chess masters that are many steps ahead of our “intelligence” agents.

For me this is all part of the magician who distracts while the other hand is really doing the trick. Both sides of our fractured country know what’s ahead. I suspect the US powers-that-be are hiding the crash behind the stock exchange. In that respect our crass president has something right when he works to pull back our reliance on the rest of the world. His military friends have clued 45 in to the real state of the Union so he knows we are going down, and soon.

And poor Julian, how my heart goes out to him. What a hero or is it martyr now?

TheTrivium4TW
    Participant

Julian Assange = leaf on branch.

Money Power Monopolists = trunk of the tree.

“There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root.”
    ~Henry David Thoreau

PS – It is way, way more than thousands per each person hacking the root.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.