Life Has Become A Show For Which We Have To Buy A Ticket

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Life Has Become A Show For Which We Have To Buy A Ticket

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Harris & Ewing Gettysburg reunion: G.A.R. & U.C.V. veterans at the encampment July 1913 Because it’s Saturday, and because I‘ve been asked to provide
    [See the full post at: Life Has Become A Show For Which We Have To Buy A Ticket]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Through the late 80’s, into the 90’s, and further into the ought’s I watched as real estate just kept appreciating. I was not an owner, just a curious observer.
    I kept asking myself; how is this possible? The whole economic situation seemed not real, a construct with no substance. Then I witnessed friends, whose wages (mine included) did not substantially increase, use credit to keep up with rising inflation. Homes became ATM’s which is all history now.
    My point is, I saw this and questioned it and was always rebuffed as wrong and not savvy about the true financial nature of the economy. So, I spent decades with the uneasy feeling that something was wrong, but having no outside support for my feelings.
    Sadly, I came to realize common sense was grossly missing from the majority, who bought the whole construct: And I saw the result and felt vindicated, but it brought little solace.
    I’ll not lay claim to any expertise in economics, but good economic policy does seem a matter of common sense. Those who claim otherwise are Sophists and hypocrites, IMO.

rapier
    Participant

I have a very strong belief that there is never going to be any real push back against the powers that be, that comes from a ballot box. Sadly. I would be happy to be proven wrong.

Rapier, in southern Europe, 50%+ youth job misery, it might yet happen.but it would need to be something Brussels can’t manipulate, and that’s an big added challenge, given how they put technocrats in charge all over the place.

But Grillo is of course dead on when he says it’s either us or worse.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.