Oil, Power and Psychopaths

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Oil, Power and Psychopaths

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

James F. Gibson Tent of A. Foulke, Horse Artillery, Brandy Station, Virginia 1864 Iran has a – very – long running dispute with the US about its nucle
    [See the full post at: Oil, Power and Psychopaths]

jal
    Participant

I need a grubstaker
    I’m ready to make a trade.
    I got beans to trade
    I want/need gas for next years growing season.

polistra
    Participant

Escobar seems to get it right. Simple fact: Russia never forgot how to run a REAL-VALUE ECONOMY. I don’t think they’d need to ‘reverse-engineer’ very much. Their own engineers have always been excellent.

Recently I bought and opened up a couple of 1985-ish Russian electronic gadgets, made near the end of the Soviet period.

https://polistrasmill.blogspot.com/2014/10/happy-birthday-sputnik-part-2.html

I was impressed by the cleverness and SOLIDNESS of the designs. Also, the devices were assembled by hand in Russia, giving real jobs to real Russians who clearly took pride in their work. The assemblers were just as clever as the engineers.

America had already handed over consumer electronics jobs to Japan in the 1960s.

There are big advantages to “lagging behind” in technology, and especially “lagging behind” in economic and industrial arrangements. I don’t know if Russia has lost these advantages by now, but they were certainly present in the ’80s.

TheTrivium4TW
    Participant

>>America is trying to control the world by throwing it into confusion, emboldened by poorly understood theories about military superiority, and creating conflicts all over the place that look like they will never be solved. Whereas all it would need to do is make sure it secures itself, its own territory, not control the entire planet. <<

Socrates spent a lot of time thinking about words. That was my son’s takeaway from reading a biography on Socrates.
    Socrates was a wise man – because using vague words leads to a lot of confusion. I spent a great deal of effort encouraging people to use more concise words.
    “America” doesn’t do anything because it doesn’t exist. It is an abstract concept.
    The American government does do things – BUT WHY? WHO controls the government?
    The Debt Money Monopolists who finance government control it – if they didn’t then their ROOT OF ALL EVIL **POWER** would be stripped from them by government.
    “America” is not doing anything, but the Debt Money Monopolists who finance government and politicians are doing as you claim- to the detriment of the American people.

Most people won’t get that “America” would do something that hurts “Americans,” hence, a key element of what ought to be communicated is lost to the benefit of the real malefactors of EVIL on the planet.

Note to Diogenes – Geo Engineering is a better term than “conspiracy” labeled “chemtrails.”

https://www.geoengineeringwatch.org/

John Day
    Participant

@ Pollistra,
    That educational toy from 1983 USSR is a very well designed modular “breadboard”.
    Every electronic tinkerer has to “breadboard” (yep, noun and verb) circuits, and as that goes on you develop systematic breadboard setups to speed your process. This is the result of that kind of activity. It is a direct gateway to electronic circuit design and revision.
    I enjoyed your link. My creative energies have migrated out of analog electronics in recent years. Living efficiently in human, ecological, energetic, and resource terms really engages me these days. I still love vacuum tube electronics, but don’t spend my time there, like I used to.

Diogenes Shrugged
    Participant

Trivium, thanks for the note. I have to respectfully disagree, though. I no longer think that chemtrails are sprayed to reflect sunlight. I think they’re sprayed to change the jet stream, sustain droughts and cause floods in conjunction with HAARP and RF from other sources. All part of weather warfare, which has presumably been researched and developed by several countries for decades. I also think it’s possible that chemtrails are toxic for other reasons. There is the claim that Monsanto has developed aluminum-resistent crops, the possibility that our own government is debilitating the public (Alzheimer’s, cancers) to reduce the threat we’d pose after a financial collapse, and the alleged goal of gross population reduction. None of those applications could be called “geoengineering.”

“Geoengineering” implies that chemtrails are sprayed for solar radiation management alone. I do think it’s possible, and perhaps likely, that the clouds they generate trap sufficient UV to cause greenhouse effect, but I doubt that’s a deliberate attempt to geoengineer global warming, unless they think they need to deliberately warm the planet in order to generate acceptance of their carbon tax scams.

Anyway, everybody knows what “chemtrails” refers to. “Geoengineering” also refers to dumping ferrous compounds into the ocean, so I’d rather use a less ambiguous term. Dane Wiggington will just have to deal with it.

rapier
    Participant

The US sanctions against N Korea are absurd on both their stated reason, the Sony hack, and in substance. There was a worse absurdity coming from Obama recently when he said that Russia had been totally isolated and that the US and Europe were in total harmony. Even though Putin just did the gas pipeline deal with Turkey, and recently the Chinese ones along with 30 or more other trade and financial agreements and was in India at the time I think. Then there was the matter of the open letter published in Germany signed by 60 notables calling for a radical change in direction on Ukraine.

More on that at this link, near the end but the whole thing is pretty good.

https://www.thenation.com/blog/192681/what-were-witnessing-transformation-vladimir-putin-leader-russia

It has just occurred to me that maybe Obama is simply sort of dumb. Having a sharp social intelligence but incapable of independently analyzing anything so he just says what people tell him to say. I’ve already gleaned that his social intelligence drove him to insert himself into elite circles and that he chooses positions among those the elites support, from A to B. What I hadn’t figured was he has no core ideas of his own on complex matters because he doesn’t do complex. Of course these ruminations matter not one bit.

Olduvai
    Participant

I’m reminded of what Bradley Cooper’s character in the movie Limitless states: “…there are no safeguards in human nature. We’re wired to overreach. Look at history, all the countries that ever ruled the world. Portugal with this big massive navy. All they got now are salt cod and cheap condoms. And the Brits? Now they’re just sitting on a dank little island fussing over their suits. No one’s stopping and thinking, hey, we’re doing pretty well. We got France, we got Poland, we got a big Swiss bank account. You know what? Let’s not invade Russia in the winter. Let’s go home, let’s pop a beer, and let’s live off the interest.”

Professorlocknload
    Participant

Yes indeed, we should throw out the psychopaths in organized government and replace them with even better organized psychopaths.

Heaven forbid we should see the evils of organized government itself, and whittle it down to manageable size, and keep it there.

Chris M
    Participant

Rapier,

I think you hit on the crux of the matter, in that our presidents simply do what the elites tell them to do, and do their best to fool the public in thinking that they are actually in control. The elites could care less how well the person can solve complex problems. That is not the job of the president. Until the American public sees and acknowledges the charade for what it is, I doubt nothing much will change.

As Ilargi says, we need to keep holding up the banner of truth and hope more and more people listen and wake up to the facts.

John Day
    Participant

Budget constrained Notre Dame in Paris couldn’t afford a huge Christmas tree, because the price went up to 80k Euros. “Isolated” Russia provided one, transported it to Paris, as a sign of lasting friendship. 🙂
    https://www.davidmcwilliams.ie/2014/12/01/joyeux-noel-from-russia-with-love

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.