rain water first flush diverter

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Life Boat Water rain water first flush diverter

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    yapeen

The day has been spent fruitfully, installing a first flush diverter for the rain water tanks.
    It is this type:
    https://rainharvesting.com.au/products/pre-filtration/first-flush-water-diverter/postwall-mounted-diverters

For a wet system. Not my first choice but just the way the house was set up. Previously there was no filtration or first flush diversion on the system and we were getting a good deal of rubbish in the tanks. This system will divert the first 150 litres and then catch the rest in the tanks. As always retrofitting is much more difficult than a de novo installation.

Needs a paint to fit in with the tanks and trees.

Attached files

Glennjeff
    Participant

No thanks button on your post, so THANKS, should have thought that solution through myself really.

Glennjeff
    Participant

Sorry, found the THANKS button

yapeen

we decided to go with this option over putting mesh on the gutters – we were quoted $5000AUD for the mesh (we have a very large return verandah) and I felt it restricts you from getting in to clean out the gutters.

This diversion kit cost $232AUD and the 1.5metre length of 300mm stormwater PVC you need in addition was $138AUD.

Now just waiting for the a good rain.

If I had known about it at the time, I may have used this system instead:

https://www.silvanh2o.com.au/cgi-bin/clearconnect.cgi?pagename=product_search_enquiry.html&stk_id=WFFILTER&userinfo=af1799ea0830b12507aa4d56a69137ce&webpageopt=S

I am thinking about trialling their tadpole downpipe filter as well, also designed for wet systems.

Dig Dirt

Hey, I’m over here in Castlemaine. I am gonna see nicole in Daylesford – i seem to remember a lift possibility or car share thing.
    My diverter charges out and drains into a receiving landscape (in future a deciduous orchard with smallish swales to spread the discharge sideways)
    Owner building an off-grid Strawbale. Paying down $105 k debt.

Attached files

Glennjeff
    Participant

Dig Dirt

Go to FORUM > RECENT TOPICS scroll down to page selector, bottom right,page 2, Daylesford Car Pool link is there.

This is the email address cited in that thread. [email protected]

nyefulfilled
    Participant

this is an informative post and it is very beneficial and knowledgeable. x trench run

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.