The Last Debt Rattle?

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum The Last Debt Rattle?

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Cimabue Christ mocked c1280 (Photograph: Charles Platiau/Reuters. Painting discovered in an old woman’s kitchen in Sept, sold for $28 million this wee
    [See the full post at: The Last Debt Rattle?]

zerosum
    Participant

The news …. the truth …. opinions ….
    I’m a sucker and keep coming back for more TAE. It must be in my genes.

sumac.carol
    Participant

I think your business (TAE) is a bit like small scale organic farming from a financial perspective – almost impossible to make a living that matches first world realities. Virtually all of the small scale organic farmers in our area need off farm employment to survive. Natural health providers have also been hit hugely this year due to new google algorithms putting natural health info and supplements way down in the search results (hits down by 90 percent in a matter of months). The bad guys/gals are way ahead and the public in general does not seem to be aware.

straightwalker
    Participant

Raul,

Thank you for all your hard work. The Automatic Earth has been automatic reading for me for years. I’ve especially enjoyed the daily art piece and your steady broadcasting of truth tellers like Yanis Varofakis, Julian Assange, and so many others.
    I expect that you will continue your positive efforts in one form or another. Please take your time reassessing and preparing for the next phase; change is easier in a quiet place. Many of us will be glad to hear from you when you return.

straightwalker

Chris M
    Participant

“Reaction on witter”

Good one. 😏

J.A.Kosmos
    Participant

Sorry to hear the Debt Rattle is not working out. Checking in is a daily ceremony. Struggling financially myself so have’nt been donating, sold some artwork and donated all the money (not much) to you Greece project though. Will start donating but for above reasons my donations will not make much difference. Although I feel sad about the news I also look forward to see what comes out of your change of focus. Keep up the good work Raül!

sumac.carol
    Participant

I should have added that the similarity comes from the fact that the big folks make the rules in pretty much every sphere now and these rules are intended to make it impossible for the small folks.

Glennda
    Participant

Thank you for all these years of providing me with real news. I appreciate your clear mindedness in presenting us with info on Julian Assange, Greece, the the steps down that our dysfunctional global economy is taking. I’ll be ready to read what you write after you get your focus clear on it. These are the death throes of globalism. See you on the other side of your choice of focus.

For now I’ll just search on line for Pepe Escobar’s news in the middle east, and for the sorrow of Julian Assange. I’ve appreciated your clear call for proof in Russiagate, and your analysis of DNC and Trump-mania.

Please look for my donation for you to continue your good work.

I’m not leaving guys, don’t worry. Do have to be able to manage this job financially though, which is a full time one no matter how you look at it. I should have called all this two years or so ago perhaps, but I’m not good at asking people for money, I shut down, except when it’s for Greece, for others.

Carol, I like your organic farmers analogy, because I think that the Debt Rattles were getting pretty bland foodwise, and maybe not so organic either anymore. Better to grow some new crops, and fresh ones.

But by the same token I don’t think the Debt Rattle didn’t work out, it just couldn’t do that forever; you need to stay on top of what goes on with a format, and change it when it doesn’t feel right anymore.

I already look ahead to tomorrow morning when I don’t HAVE to read or do things, but I just CAN. Very liberating.

Also, when I see people here commenting on my support for Assange and others, I’m thinking: but those news outlets in the Debt Rattle all the time DON’T do that. Maybe that’s a bit of the essence of why I started to feel the format became a burden.

And yes, Carol, what happens in farming also happens in news and opinion: whatever’s small or not obeying the rules tends to be cut out and down. But organic farmers keep on growing what they like, and I will keep on writing what I think must be said.

kultsommer
    Participant

Thank you for all the art of the day and choice of articles that you provided us with.
    Good luck in your new adventure, what ever that is. Change is good for the soul sometimes.

ezlxa1949
    Participant

Hello Raúl,

First, many, many thanks for your unremitting efforts over the years. To assemble and circulate all of this material on a daily basis was, is and remains a mammoth undertaking! I’m not surprised that you need a break and a new direction.

I disagree with your idea that the Debt Rattles were becoming bland. Not at all. Like so many others I despair as I watch The System destroy the biosphere for profit. The sheer amount of skullduggery that goes on in the world is mind-boggling, and many articles you have drawn to our attention have been illuminating and useful. I’d rather know the truth, however painful, than to live in a dream.

You and Nicole came to Australia some years ago — was it 2015, or earlier? — and she gave a standing-room-only presentation in a large lecture theatre at the Australian National University. I was in the middle of the audience, and at least I can say that I saw you from a distance!

I’d help out financially if I could but my resources are limited. I have donated only a little to help Greece and refugees; wish I could do more. People like Bill gates could do so much if they would only put their minds to it. Sad. To those that have, it shall be given; from those that have not, it shall be taken away.

All the best for your (and our) future.

V. Arnold
    Participant

As Lone Watie says in the movie, The Outlaw Josie Wales, “Endeavor to persevere.”
    😉
    Maybe more important today than ever before…give ’em hell Ilargi…
    It must not be forgot; we’re few and dwindling in a world gone mad.

Degringolade
    Participant

Raul:

I approve heartily.

I very much look forward to seeing more of your writing

John

https://degringolade.dreamwidth.org/

John Day
    Participant

The Saker (and others) have a more complete version of what the Russian Defense Minister actually said, which is that the US military has been running that oil out of Syria for a long time, with US protection of the tanker trucks. Photographic evidence is included, too.

Russian Defense Ministry publishes evidence of US oil smuggling from Syria

John Day
    Participant

Ilargi,
    I am greatly appreciative of your tutelage since at least very early 2008, maybe a little earlier, but I can’t be certain. AS I have said, I discovered the r=early Zero Hedge from TAE. It was much more modest then. Nobody wonders “who Tyler Durden is” anymore.
    You have been defunded as a death blow to your voice. The warfare has become so overt, yet not acknowledged as such in the MSM.
    I don’t know where we are heading, or how fast, and you, and I and all of us have hands in co-creating where we go.
    I am fortunate to have a job caring for poor people, a historical anomaly, which won’t last too long, I think.
    I have been looking to prepare a lifeboat for a long time. Here is a post about Saturday before last, with nice pictures of planting the avocado orchard in the early light, after making preparations over the previous half year. http://www.johndayblog.com/2019/10/guacamole-fans-saturday-morning-at-600.html
    I consider you a brother-in-arms. I don’t say that for effect. I will respond to any communication from you.

zerosum
    Participant

“the US military has been running that oil out of Syria for a long time, with US protection of the tanker trucks. Photographic evidence is included, too.”

Wow!!!!

I don’t think the elites care that we know what they are doing.
    I feel sorry for the youth losing their lives for a bunch of lies.

“we’re few and dwindling in a world gone mad.”

How can bloggers improve their impact?

V. Arnold
    Participant

How can bloggers improve their impact?

I’m not sure that is any longer possible.
    The concerted propaganda war against the truth has been successful; so much so, that those in power no longer care that their game is exposed for all to see.
    Who is going to stop “them” from doing whatever they please? No matter how vile, violent, and despicable against anyone calling them out.
    Entertainment has become so pervasive and carefully crafted, I believe most people do not realize they’re being distracked from experiencing reality.
    Edward Bernays laid the groundwork for today a century ago…
    TAE (Ilargi) is most assuredly a hedge against this scourge and an excellent gathering place for those of us who will not be shut up at any cost.
    Debt Rattle is a name, a symbol, and by any other title, is still a place for the truth and non-censored writtings and comments…

V. Arnold
    Participant

…make that writings… 🙁
    Most importantly, as an addendum to the above; we’ve become a nation of men; no longer a nation of laws.
    Possibly nothing is more important or devestating, than that…

Rayner86
    Participant

Raul,
    The Debt Rattle is a daily ritual for me to start the day and I will miss it, as this is an island of sanity in the madness of the media world. I do look forward to what comes next.

bluebird
    Participant

I don’t post many comments, but I have been reading the Debt Rattle almost from the beginning. I would miss it daily, but I can understand the time commitment it takes to upload this every day. I have also enjoyed all the many paintings at the start of each Debt Rattle. Thank you.

Patricia
    Participant

I too will be sad to see this site go. You have assured us that it won’t be gone completely! I understand your need for a reduction in your workload and particularly when you do not get the remuneration you should. Hope my contribution helps.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.