The News About Fake News Is Fake

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum The News About Fake News Is Fake

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Johannes Vermeer Girl Reading a Letter at an Open Window 1657-59   In the last few days I was looking around for stories that could illustrate wh
    [See the full post at: The News About Fake News Is Fake]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Good and timely posting Ilargi.
    Hmm…fake news started long before carrot top. The lead-up to March 19, 2003 comes to mind; and of course the Gulf of Tonkin incident.
    But wait; the Battleship Maine, sunk in Havana harbor in Cuba; 15 February 1898.
    Or, do I miss the point?

rapier
    Participant

Ka ching.

Realitychecker
    Participant

Another good article. For an example of fake news about UK economic, employment, and wage statistics, which are probably as dodgy as similar US statistics is given in Lies, Damned Lies and Media Economic Reporting.

Nafeez Ahmed explores the subject of deception in a lengthy article entitled How collective intelligence can change your world, right now. This article looks at how difficult it is for individuals to change the dangerous trajectory our global industrial civilization is on, because we are easily deceived by elite controlled media due to our inbuilt tendency to deceive ourselves. The article is effectively an attempt to show us how to avoid being deceived, and the need for effective collective action. Sadly I see little evidence of this happening any time soon.

For another useful example of how our delusional mainstream media leads readers up the garden path to fantasy land is illustrated in A dangerous Exercise in Self-delusion. It’s little wonder people fail to realise how fragile our current civilisation is becoming. My fear is we may soon all fall of the proverbial cliff if things don’t change, because the window of opportunity to mitigate the inevitable changes to our current civilisation is closing quickly, so it’s increasingly likely nature will show us the hard way.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.