The Weak Suffer What They Must: Yanis and the End of Europe

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum The Weak Suffer What They Must: Yanis and the End of Europe

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

DPC French Market, New Orleans 1910 From southern Europe to the far north, matters are shifting, sometimes slowly, sometimes faster. There are moments
    [See the full post at: The Weak Suffer What They Must: Yanis and the End of Europe]

Charles Alban
    Participant

sure it’s bad. but what are these people proposing to do about it? this is an opportunity for a completely fresh approach. here’s an example of a successful alternative…the village of marinaleda in southern spain. here everyone is living comfortably with no unemployment. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/oct/20/marinaleda-spanish-communist-village-utopia

ignore the “communist” epithet. this is a perfectly reasonable way to live. the people of the village take care of themselves, without expecting governments to do it for them. this is the way forward. devolution into small rural communities. deindustrialize. small is beautiful.

we have functioning examples in many places. nowadays they’re called “intentional communities”. they are like latter day tribes. large agribusiness landholdings should be broken up and redistributed to these communities. forget “economic growth” and material consumption. people always function better in small groups.

Dr. Diablo
    Participant

“a social disaster zone. 3 million people are without guaranteed healthcare, 600,000 children are living under the breadline and more than half of them are unable to meet their daily nutritional needs. 90% of families living in the poorer areas rely on food banks and feeding schemes for survival, and unemployment is approaching 30%, with youth unemployment approaching 60%.”

Sounds like America.

jal
    Participant

I’m going to play, “Devil’s Advocate”. Don’t attack me.

“I’m not affected … I don’t care.”

John Day
    Participant

@Charles Alban,
    Thanks for the Marinaleda article. It is righteous.

@jal

None will be spared by the changes.
    I want to help as I can, so that I may die easily.
    Growing food, year #2 now.

@Dr. Diablo
    Yep, reset is spreading here in Uh’merica, too.
    It started in 2007, right?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.