Water Cannons? Tear Gas?

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Water Cannons? Tear Gas?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

“Flora” (Roman Goddess of Spring), Villa di Arianna 1st Century A.D.       [..] the rifleman’s stalking the sick and the lame Preacherm
    [See the full post at: Water Cannons? Tear Gas?]

Germ
    Participant

Did you know that last year Yale investigated how to guilt-trip people into taking the COVID vaccine?

The study of 4,000 people tested ten different messages aimed at convincing people to get the COVID vaccine.
    Checkout the “messaging” categories!

“Guilt”, “Anger”, Embarrassment” …

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04460703

Michael Reid
    Participant

Looks like some people are starting to stand up!

ezlxa1949
    Participant

But if Shanna Swan’s research findings are correct and human sperm counts reach zero by 2045, what does any of this matter? If the decline is at least partly due to “forever chemicals” (non-degradable) in the environment, what remedies do we have for that? Would it end up that the only way to reproduce is via in vitro technology? And who can afford that? The sterile elites?

Can it really be possible that Homo sapiens is poisoning itself out of existence? Really?

Hmmm. 2045. I may possibly live long enough to see that year arrive, although I rather hope not.

Doc Robinson
    Participant

Germ: “Did you know that last year Yale investigated how to guilt-trip people into taking the COVID vaccine?”

That’s worth a closer look, for some indication of what arguments and social pressure to expect. Interesting that this study started in early July 20, and it presents preconceived “facts” about Covid vaccines which didn’t really exist then.

Baseline message… about the effectiveness and safety of vaccines.

Personal freedom message… about how COVID-19 is limiting people’s personal freedom and by working together to get enough people vaccinated society can preserve its personal freedom.

Economic freedom message… about how COVID-19 is limiting peoples’s economic freedom and by working together to get enough people vaccinated society can preserve its economic freedom.

Self-interest message… that COVID-19 presents a real danger to one’s health, even if one is young and healthy. Getting vaccinated against COVID-19 is the best way to prevent oneself from getting sick.

Community interest message… about the dangers of COVID-19 to the health of loved ones. The more people who get vaccinated against COVID-19, the lower the risk that one’s loved ones will get sick. Society must work together and all get vaccinated.

Economic benefit message… about how COVID-19 is wreaking havoc on the economy and the only way to strengthen the economy is to work together to get enough people vaccinated.

Guilt message… about the danger that COVID-19 presents to the health of one’s family and community. The best way to protect them is by getting vaccinated and society must work together to get enough people vaccinated. Then it asks the participant to imagine the guilt they will feel if they don’t get vaccinated and spread the disease.

Embarrassment message… about the danger that COVID-19 presents to the health of one’s family and community. The best way to protect them is by getting vaccinated and by working together to make sure that enough people get vaccinated. Then it asks the participant to imagine the embarrassment they will feel if they don’t get vaccinated and spread the disease.

Anger message… about the danger that COVID-19 presents to the health of one’s family and community. The best way to protect them is by getting vaccinated and by working together to make sure that enough people get vaccinated. Then it asks the participant to imagine the anger they will feel if they don’t get vaccinated and spread the disease.

Trust in science message… about how getting vaccinated against COVID-19 is the most effective way of protecting one’s community. Vaccination is backed by science. If one doesn’t get vaccinated that means that one doesn’t understand how infections are spread or who ignores science.

Not bravery message… describes how firefighters, doctors, and front line medical workers are brave. Those who choose not to get vaccinated against COVID-19 are not brave.

Primary Outcome Measures :
    Intention to get COVID-19 vaccine

Secondary Outcome Measures :

Vaccine confidence scale… to assess the impact of the messages on vaccine confidence.

Persuade others item… This is a measure of a willingness to persuade others to take the COVID-19 vaccine.

Fear of those who have not been vaccinated… This is a measure of a comfort with an unvaccinated individual visiting an elderly friend after a vaccine becomes available

Social judgment of those who do not vaccinate… This is a scale composed of 4 items measuring the trustworthiness, selfishness, likeableness, and competence of those who choose not to get vaccinated after a vaccine becomes available

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04460703

VietnamVet
    Participant

Charging $2,000 Canadian Loonies at Pearson Airport for a two-week quarantine hotel room is the tip-off. Canada is just as infested with neoliberalism as the rest of the West. Whoever is directing the coronavirus response in the Americas and Europe is only concerned about money. Public Health is ignored, forbidden, discarded. The only certainty is the rich will get richer and the poor poorer. Lockdowns were instituted so hospitals could keep functioning and make money. Corporate Media is looking here and there, especially at ethnic incitement, to avoid the obvious — Western Governments have failed.

I think deep down, the global rulers think this pandemic is another flu and shortly will go away instead of becoming endemic across the world like HIV which killed around 32.7 million humans but is treatable by taking lifetime antivirals. However, the gene-therapy vaccines could fail, or immunity is too limited, and without new effective antivirals, variant coronavirus outbreaks could continue to overflow healthcare systems and close economies in hot-spots.

There is a reason Plague is one of the Four Horsemen.

sumac.carol
    Participant

Dogs and tear gas only used in serious cases of rioting? That has not been my experience. I have participated in many demonstrations in Canada, mostly related to meetings of G20, G8, activities of the IMF. I was never near any rioting and have been pepper-sprayed. I also had to march past a line of police in riot gear holding back their barking German Shepherds. In my experience the level of force shown in the police response to demonstrations has been excessive most of the time. I don’t see why covid should be any different. Maybe this is an education for people who don’t usually participate in demonstrations -they will experience the inner workings of power first hand.

Kimo
    Participant

Covid Death Risk Calculator. Warning, you might need to count a lot of zeros.
    https://www.qcovid.org/Home/AcademicLicence?licencedUrl=%2FCalculation

V. Arnold
    Participant

“Flora” (Roman Goddess of Spring), Villa di Arianna 1st Century A.D.

Lovely painting…
    …of particular note are Flora’s fingers plucking a flower with her right hand.

V. Arnold
    Participant

There is a reason Plague is one of the Four Horsemen.

…but, but…we’re in the 21st century! Technology and human ingenuity will save us…(sarc)
    We humans need a good scare; and I’m not yet convinced Covid will deliver it…
    We’ve been at the edge for decades, but have yet to look over that edge, but whatever…
    The shock we need is still in the womb of time…

Mister Roboto
    Participant

@V Arnold: I suspect that Covid’s real damage will lie in the micro-shocks it delivered to an already very fragile and brittle global system. The powers that be chose to make this effect worse by employing the lockdown strategy thinking they could use it to their advantage.

madamski cafone
    Participant

I’m suspicious of “gym bro”. His predictions are a bit TOO specific and he works hard to alienate anyone not already higly cyncically skeptical, calling people stupid and allo that. Wouldn’t surprised me if he’s, oh, let’s call them Paid Professional assholes.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.