What Doesn’t Janet Yellen Resign?

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum What Doesn’t Janet Yellen Resign?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Fan Ho Construction 1952   You would think, certainly if you were as naive and innocent as I am, that when you get offered the job of Chair of th
    [See the full post at: What Doesn’t Janet Yellen Resign?]

Golden Oxen
    Participant

The Gold Standard is the answer to the PhD Standard.
    Also the answer to never ending wars and unlimited government spending.

Professorlocknload
    Participant

Unfortunately, honest money, in general circulation, will never be acceptable to a dishonest corporatocracy.

Golden Oxen
    Participant

True Professor, Things do change however, and men have a way of turning back to their lords and masters in times of fear and adversity.
    Gold will be placed on it’s throne again as the master of the Financial World, to restore order and sanity to the lunacy and buffoonery the academics such as Madam Yellen have graced us with.

rapier
    Participant

Yellen is history. As the Fed starts to sell off it’s assets interest rates will rise, then stocks will fall. then Trump will go nuclear and put in the GS guy Cohen or someone like him and then there will be more QE. A lot more.

Then AE and all we ethical bears will be stuck saying the same things we have been saying for 20 years.
    That’s my story and I am sticking to it.

Nassim
    Participant

Well, we had the following:
    Charles Sumner Hamlin (1861–1938)
    William P. G. Harding (1864–1930)
    Daniel R. Crissinger (1860–1942)
    Roy A. Young (1882–1960)
    Eugene Meyer (1875–1959)
    Eugene Robert Black (1873–1934)
    Marriner S. Eccles (1890–1977)
    Thomas B. McCabe (1893–1982)
    William M. Martin (1906–1998)
    Arthur F. Burns (1904–1987)
    G. William Miller (1925–2006)
    Paul Volcker (1927–)
    Alan Greenspan (1926–)
    Ben Bernanke (1953–)
    Janet Yellen (1946–)

Her replacement is likely to be either Stanley Fischer or Gary Cohn – not much change there.

Anyone see a pattern? Or am I some sort of freak.

Golden Oxen
    Participant

Hi Nassim, Mr Fischer has resigned.

SteveB
    Participant

Yellen’s actions only reflect concentrated exchange belief. All other suggestions (including yours, Ilargi) that doing something different within the belief system would be any better are just as delusional, only different and without direct power to implement the delusional action. So, Ilargi, your suggestion isn’t the only alternative, it’s the only one you believe in. And we know how much belief is worth.

John Day
    Participant

Am I the only one who recognizes this as the “incompetence defense”?
    Of course they see what is going on, and see what they “must” do, and that the two cannot be linked rationally with the theories they have been using.
    What “must” be done, will be done, theory or no.
    I don’t know what is up with Fischer. He could come back after the crash, untainted, and so on.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.