Debt Rattle April 15 2017

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle April 15 2017

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

[See the full post at: Debt Rattle April 15 2017]

Nassim
    Participant

More good news:

These locations are in, or near, the Antarctica. The red line that is wildly gyrating is for “Faraday” which is on an island between South America and the Antarctic. It is more affected by currents than those on the mainland of the Antarctica.

The temperatures of all the other stations are essentially the same as they were 35 years ago – when there was far less CO2 in the atmosphere.

Click on the image to read the article for more details.

Happy Easter!

LRacine
    Participant

The currents are what is melting the ice… as reflected in the “red line”..

Eric Rignot is a principal investigator on several NASA-funded projects to study the mass balance of the Greenland ice sheets and Antarctic ice sheets; the interactions of ice shelves with the ocean. His research group focuses on understanding the interactions of ice and climate, ice sheet mass balance, ice-ocean interactions in Greenland and Antarctica, and current/future contributions of ice sheets to sea level change.

Here is a link of his most recent lecture strongly suggest you take a hour and listen to what he has to say.

Ken Barrows
    Participant

Nassim will be convinced of global warming once all spots over the Earth warm uniformly like a pie in the oven. I am interested, though, in the idea that CO2 in the atmosphere can increase forever without an increase in temperature. Assuming for a moment that temperature has not increased for decades despite the added CO2, why is that something that will always remain true? And, still, the oceans continue to acidify, except in a few choice spots, I am sure.

Nassim
    Participant

LRacine,

I don’t read newspapers any more other than to learn what is the latest nonsense on the menu. As for videos, I have absolutely no time for them – unless it is a nice piece of music.

If this guy really had something of importance to present, let him show us a graph or two. Some raw data. A mathematical formula would also do nicely. As they say “talk is cheap”

Nassim
    Participant

“Nassim will be convinced of global warming once all spots over the Earth warm uniformly like a pie in the oven”

Ken Barrows,

Far from it. I am just showing how the mainstream story has lost its credibility to anyone prepared to look at the raw data. A few days ago, I showed you how the temperature over the oceans has dropped remarkably – the earth is 71% water.

If you want me to pick and choose, here are a few interesting points:

1- Last week, Darwin had it lowest recorded temperature ever for April.

2- Last February had the coldest temperature recorded in Perth for that month.

3- Last September had the lowest average September temperature for Perth ever.

4- The January average temperature for Zugspitze – the highest point in Germany and right in the middle of Europe – has been falling for 30 years. Click on graph to see details.

5- All the predictions about an eternal drought in California have been proven to be false.

6- This winter has been much longer than usual in the NE of the USA – even the cherry blossoms of DC were fooled.

7- The number of hurricanes and tornadoes in the USA have dropped precipitously over the past 30 years – despite the warmers’ predictions. Now, the media is playing up the few which do come by. Here, in Australia, the Bureau of Meteorology claimed that Queensland was about to be hit by a Category 5 cyclone. It turned out to be a category 3.

Cyclone Debbie could intensify to category 5 “The show must go on” 🙂

I am not suggesting that cooling is happening everywhere at a steady rate. However, the trend has reversed and that is incontrovertible.

Nassim
    Participant

Sorry Ken, I really could not resist showing you how appallingly wrong the forecast for April for Europe – by the NOAA – has been.

Here is what they forecast 2 weeks ago for April:

And here is their more recent forecast for the same month.

Agreed, this is only “weather” and not “climate”. However, these jokers who cannot forecast the weather – which is supposed to be their area of expertise – are forecasting the climate – which they know nothing about.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.