Debt Rattle April 24 2016

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle April 24 2016

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

NPC Shad fishing on the Potomac 1920 • China’s Commodity Futures Bubble Insanity (ZH) • Where Have All Britain’s Shoppers Gone? (Observer)
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle April 24 2016]

rapier
    Participant

It’s impossible to overstate the importance of China’s $1TN credit expansion in the first quarter even it its almost impossible to comprehend it. Stockman must surely be right that a good portion of it went to old borrowers so as to keep their repayments current.

As I have mentioned before we can’t let the Chinese beat us at this capitalism stuff. With the ECB now buying and thus monetizing corporate debt one can now imagine that no major corporation ever has to go bankrupt again, or even make any money. They can borrow to pay off old debt and even borrow to buy stocks that the ECB will buy.

If it seems this has to come to an end soon I ask why? Who wins if the game ends? Nobody and those who profit most stand the most to loose and that includes governments.

seychelles
    Participant

…. nearly half of all unaccompanied minors carry a sexually transmitted disease, testament to the terrible dangers they face along the way to Europe.

And just think about the lucky few who “end up” getting to “share the wealth” in England. Once they add the new antibiotic-resistant gonococcus to their microbial flora the Muslim “terrorists” will have a new invisible army of slow-fuse body-bombers. Puts giving them all the love you can in a different perspecitve.

Greenpa
    Participant

Rapier: “If it seems this has to come to an end soon I ask why?”

Indeed, why. I would add a hard fact to this projection; the track record of TPTB, or The Owners, or the 0.1%, whichever – is that they have successfully kept “impossible” economic situations going before, when collapse seemed utterly inescapable.

I think it would be profitable to investigate how they accomplish this. Unequivocally, they have, and likely can again. And likewise to examine those cases where collapse was not avoided. Much to learn there, but it is certainly not in any textbooks on history or economics.

Babble
    Participant

“Since 2008, the labor participation rate has fallen from a high of 67.3% in 2000 to 62.6% today. That 62.2% represents a 38-year low, which puts Bloomberg’s claim of a 42-year-low in joblessness in perspective. The jobless number is “low” only because more people are no longer considered to be participating in the workforce.”
    This is a worthless statistic. So students, sick people, retired people, drug addicts and a few people who lost their jobs are not in the workforce. It is used to make people think that this is unemployment, it is not. Also, if the minimum wage is suddenly raised to $15/hr is will create inflation and everyone who presently makes that will want to make $25/hr and so on. Mostly on the back of retired people on Social Security who won’t get a 100% increase (probably 2 – 3%). The idea that the work conditions in the US are brutal is also a lie.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.