Debt Rattle August 13 2019

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle August 13 2019

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Pablo Picasso Girl with a boat (Maya Picasso) 1938   • Argentine Stocks Plunge Over 50% In One Day (AFP) • Hong Kong’s Leader Warns City Faces ‘P
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle August 13 2019]

Dr. D
    Participant

This was interesting. In an article where he cites “Millions of Americans are living paycheck to paycheck,” and the first 7 paragraphs are pointless venting and opinion, he then opposes the food system that is keeping food 20x lower than it otherwise would be.

I quite agree with Vallianatos: we should stop mass agribusiness, and the poisons and methods used for more than 100 years are counterproductive. However, he’s trying to kill the bottom 30 Million poorest (and according to him, brownest) people in America by raising food prices 20-fold. Does he have a productive answer to this? Nope. Just like every other Schmarty-guyz with a typewriter. And like them, he shows no interest in ever getting his hands dirty helping grow anything. No, that’s for the French Peasants he mentions. He’ll stay in Paris and whip them to a fury of envy during a farming failure, as his peers did in 1789, directing them to estates and golf courses just as his peers did then, and to the same result.

To show how non-schmartz he really is, he adds, “when the Democrats capture the Senate and the White House, these chemicals should be banned immediately” completely ignoring that Democrats and Republicans have run the country roughly 50 years each. Every combination has occurred. As recently as 2013, Monsanto’s CEO became FDA head under Democratic administration of Obama. DDT was introduced under Truman and banned under Nixon. So since all parties are wildly pro-poison and anti-farm, as proven by a consistent 100 year track history of utter destruction, approved and legally required by farm tax bills and farm subsidies, how shallow can your thinking be to believe that 2 years into a zero-change policy, this President, or either party specifically has anything to do with this?

You know what does? “Democracy”, where two wolves and a sheep vote on what’s for dinner. In this case, two cities and one farm are voting on food policy, and – shocking! – guess what? Cities want food prices low, even if it runs every farmer out of business and desertifies the nation from sea to shining sea. They’ve wanted that since they got the upper hand sometime back in the 1890s and have relentlessly added policies each year to grind and ruin all farmers, farm states, and farm towns into abject poverty and peasant status, reaching the point today where they openly mock them and call for their open murder en masse. …Just as was done in France with a complete, successful, joyful genocide against the Vendees, and as Vallianatos calls for now.

…But this is the cycle of all civilizations. As with Rome, the cities, being concentrated, centralized power, change from a fair and equal cooperation of country and city, and the “civilization” (in this case meaning “city”, as cities are arguably the least civilized locations) then naturally, automatically, advocates for its interests. At first this is small, but the ability to raise their own prices (stocks, manufactured goods, real estate, and currencies), control taxation, and thus increase their own wealth, tirelessly poaches talent to the centers even as the wealth gradually transfers there too. Eventually the imbalance, the deal and human agreement between farm and city is so great that open conflict breaks out, and generally the city attacks and destroys the farmers, aka ‘rebels’. Also being so pin-headed, arrogant, and ignorant, they not only don’t see the root of the problem: that is, abject slavery combined with a hate and smear campaign against the dirty, ignorant, violent subhumans, which the underclass eventually gets sick of. Even today, and worldwide we use the words “Peasant,” “Villain,” and “Churl”, as well as “Robot” “Provincial”, “Hillbilly” and several others, each one a specific smear: city good, smart, and moral; rural bad, stupid, and low.

So here we are again, and Vallianatos is leading the parade. We’re entering a food crisis, and they are again attacking their own food source, and like the Holodormir, kill all the belligerents who know how to farm and replace them with Schmart guyz, because like Idiocracy, you just turn the giant lever at the end of the field that turns on the Brawndo, then harvest 6 months later, right? No one will be mad when they follow his suggestions and food rises 20x in the cities as everything adjusts, right? Just like AOC and the Green New Deal said: kill everyone, be it via food, heat, economics, or delivery transportation.

Let’s not. Instead let’s start a slow, steady transition to required, sustainable, more efficient processes and raising the relative prices slowly so nothing breaks, and city people slowly transfer bodies, wealth, and talent back to the countryside. …But that’s not what history says happens. Prepare accordingly.

Dr. D
    Participant

Brazilian President Bolsanaro is way ahead of me and Vallianatos on this. He says to save their earth, we just have to eat half as much!

https://www.foxnews.com/world/brazil-president-poop-every-other-day

P.S., being President, and a moron (but I repeat myself) he phrases it “so they can poop half as much”. Ah, Jair, Jair. If only you had ever done a lick of work in your poor miserable life, you’d know that poop is the very BEST thing for the environment. It’s called “manure”, it’s fertilizer and plants love it. From Terra del Fuego to Mexico City all of the south lands were greened and turned into a lush, productive Amazon with just this “pollution” of which you fear.

But anyway, they have it worked out from top to bottom: You’re not going to be eating. They said so. Let’s see if that goes any better for these guys than it went for Marie Antoinette.

zerosum
    Participant

” …. food rises 20x …..”
    It’s coming
    Street people are not going to pay that price
    The rich are now paying extra to buy organic. They will end up paying 20x and the street people will find different ways to feed themselves without paying what they cannot pay. (Examples exist in every country.)

lasttwo
    Participant

Dr D with all due respect and I do enjoy reading your comments. I do not think factory farms keep the price of food 20x lower. In fact the overall cost of poisioning the land and the oceans and transporting food across the world could be far more than the savings we think we are getting. The food system is broken. Lots of parasitic hand in that pot. Feed lots and factory farms are a crisis against anything near being humane. We can feed the world without destroying it.

We started purchasing as much food as we can locally from family farms . the cost is maybe 10% higher but the food is 50% better. Grains are certainly still an issue but less grains seems to be better for our health. My wife has suffered with stomach issues for years having a couple of surgerys and constant meds for stomach issues. We suspect the chemicals are to blame. Her stomach issues have been improving and I lost 6 lbs just in the last few months the only change being not buying factory meat and vegetables

As much as I support Tulsi Gabbard I think the empire has won that battle. It is a shame the war machine is just too strong.

Here is a running list of Trumps policy to destroy the environment. If you hunt fish garden farm walk out side breath eat or drink you have to care at least a little. Now he as removed the endangered species restrictions. and oked the use of cyanide bombs against wild life WTF
    https://www.nationalgeographic.com/news/2017/03/how-trump-is-changing-science-environment/

V. Arnold
    Participant

Epstein = Oh look, a unicorn…

lasttwo
    Participant

Dr D, I owe you an apology I was pretty tired when I read your comment and I misinterpreted it. You are correct we need to move to sustainable farming practices. I will say one thing it will not be quick two years ago I bought some straw for chicken bedding. after it served as bedding I put in on the garden and last year almost nothing grew, in the spot were the straw was, I did not realize that it was sprayed before I got it. this yearr the garden came back but not to the level it should be. 30 day half life my ass. at least Miami has banned round up. Miami for gods sake. but the rest of the west is paying a large and long price.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.