Debt Rattle August 21 2022

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle August 21 2022

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Afewknowthetruth
    Participant

The neocons (and other western fascists) ‘problems’ can never be solved because those ‘problems’ are a direct consequence of the policies promoted by the neocons (and other western fascists) from the 1970s on.

Tim Watkins at The Consciousness of Sheep regularly points out that the ‘problems’ we are experiencing now are a direct consequence of institutionalised failure, geared to kicking the can down the road just a bit longer.

And, whereas the extraction of oil and gas from the North Sea and Alaska overcame the energy depletion/availability crisis of the 1970s in the short term, there was only ever one North Sea bonanza and only ever one Alaska bonanza. So now they -the powers that be- are mighty close to the end of the line, with only bullshit and propaganda left as weapons to keep the populaces of NATOstan countries under control (and still believing)..

Whilst Tim frequently discusses energy, in his latest posting he focuses on the instutionalised corruption and self-serving [in the short term] lies that characterise NATOstan countries.

The purpose of the system

aspnaz
    Participant

Dr D said

I’ve seen this elsewhere: people grow up Christian, get disillusioned, leave it, and then do very well while dumping on religion because they got all the benefits of religion, but having left it now have little maintenance costs for the drawbacks. In fact, all American culture is this way. However, if you had grown up lacking all moral code in complete moral relativism, as many do, you would not have internalized the code and would not be receiving the benefits. This is happening now in the general population whose parents (barely) were Christian or Churchgoers, but the children never were. They now have no code and no reason to adopt one.

I assume you are joking? The Crusades and other Christian Imperialism does not count? Since when has Christianity prevented rather than encouraged anything but the worst in people? British, Spanish, French empires went out and slaughtered people, stole their possessions and were Christian, so what does it mean to be a successful Christian? Hypocrisy, you go out, do your worst, then come back beg forgiveness and pretend nothing ever happened. The Chritians were the worst in recent history and God made them rich as a result, all that stealing, all those moral values …. I am sure you were joking.

I was brought up in a Christian family in Africa, my father working for British then American charities. I always hated Christianity and boring Church services, and I turned my back on it the moment I could, although I still recognise the wisdom contained in some of the Bible. Of course, being white, I was sent to boarding school in the UK, used to fly BOAC or BUA every holiday … never missed a holiday in Africa … while all the people my father was “saving” were living in mud huts in uneducated poverty. My father was devout, and did help those people, but he recognised that the white people helping black people deserved the best things in life, he had no problems using his charity benefits to send us to school in the UK rather than the local schools.

My back was always turned on Christianity. What I have done is to turn my back on global charity, despite benefitting from it as a child. My reason being that true charity begins in your local area, any global charity that you participate in is mostly a combination of religious imperialism and the usual corporate theft. Sponsor a child in Africa, the same Africa that your government and the church is actively keeping poor. Please! Why are people such suckers.

Redneck
    Participant

The Kagans and their cabal are almost totally responsible for the bankrupting of America. No I will say they are fully and totally responsible. Ever since that group of dual citizens , that would be Israeli and USA citizens , adopted the Oded Yinon plan for destroying their enemies in the Middle East, formed the PENAC think tank and then moved into Cheneys Whitehouse to wait for their “new Pearl Harbour” the country and the world has been on the highway to hell. They took Israel’s wet dream of destroying all the strong middle eastern countries they considered threats to Israel to America , dressed it up as America’s own plan , got their new Pearl Harbour and unleashed the wars that bankrupted America. This group and their affiliates and there are a lot of them , have bankrupted the richest country in the world for Israel and their own personal gain and agendas. Their shield is the holocaust and hate crime legislation , no one dares to confront them , they remain in power , unelected and unaccountable and they will continue to suck the life blood out of America and the rest of the world unopposed for ever .
    https://www.academia.edu/30591347/The_Zionist_Plan_for_the_Middle_East
    https://www.rrojasdatabank.info/pfpc/PNAC—statement%20of%20principles.pdf

V. Arnold
    Participant

boscohorowitz
    Participant
    Most people here have better things to do than go around telling people to shut up. But if that’s the best you can do….

Awwwww; the 15 yo girl spews…

Redneck
    Participant

“Whilst Tim frequently discusses energy, in his latest posting he focuses on the instutionalised corruption and self-serving [in the short term] lies that characterise NATOstan countries.”
    C’mon man , it is only NATOstan countries that are corrupt? Name me one country of any consequence that is not.
    Ain’t the oil producing countries , the cabal that controls and manipulates the price to enrich themselves a form of corruption?

The Russian people had better have a very strong will to continue the fight in Ukraine because I think this is just the beginning of the terror campaign against them. It is very hard to stop these kinds of events. The danger is in trying to prevent them the Russian people will be subjected to very strong authoritarian measures and that will set them against Putin and the war. This entire scenario has a long time to run if Putin wants to continue his SMO.

Am over the constant speculation about future events regarding Europe and the demise of fiat money………when it is happening actually in the present wake me up.

Goddam those Dutch cows farting.

WES
    Participant

Regarding churches, they have little in common with many TAEs simply because we are not Kool-Aid drinkers. Nor do we like being told what to do either!

I was raise by a religious Father so we had to attend Sunday School every week. As I grew older I slowly managed to whittle it down from every week to 3 out of 4 weeks. Then 2 out of 4 weeks. Then 1 week out of 4 weeks. Once I headed to college it became 0 out of 4 weeks!

Being hard of hearing, I could never understand what was being said so I found it extremely boring having to sit through an hour of noise.

Early in my work career I oftened worked 7 days a week so going to church quickly faded away in the rear view mirror. I don’t miss it at all and have never subjected my children to the same torture I experienced. I prefer my Sundays to rest at home or at the cottage.

However if someone wanted to simply abolish religion, I would object on grounds of freedom of choice. One should be free to be religious or not to be religious. Some find value, some not.

zerosum
    Participant

The commentors at TAE are too diverse to be able to agree/create a new stable/long term economic/social system –

Figmund Sreud
    Participant

A typical reporting on Ukrainian war by Canada’s prime media, … the CBC. About 10 min. vid:

Why the war in Ukraine may be reaching a turning point
    https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/2062628931874

… and so, now you fully understand why Hunter S. Thompson once upon opined, “The press is a gang of cruel faggots. Journalism is not a profession or a trade. It is a cheap catch-all for fuckoffs and misfits—a false doorway to the backside of life, a filthy piss-ridden little hole nailed off by the building inspector, but just deep enough for a wino to curl up from the sidewalk and masturbate like a chimp in a zoo-cage.”

F.S.

slimyalligator
    Participant

V. Arnold at 113718
    Yep

Figmund Sreud
    Participant

… more typical reporting by CBC, … by the same CBC journo as in previous post:

… fwiw,

F.S.

John Day
    Participant
    slimyalligator
    Participant

Wes, hearing issues. Have you considered cochlear implants? I’m running two.The first one was year 2000. The bilateral was 2008. You will never hear well in notice ever. You will need to be close to an implant center say 140 kilometers or less for the first implant for frequent programing. You’ll also need a close associate with decent hearing to identify new sounds. Crows cawing, wax paper making a noise and noise from onions sizzling blew my mind. Outpatient surgery, OTC pain medications and skip the prescribed antibiotics. A week’s downtime for me. Advanced Bionics implants are the way to go. I will be glad to give you my email addy just ask.
    Paul

slimyalligator
    Participant

Correction V. Arnold @ 113918 instead of 113718
    Still yep.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Correction V. Arnold @ 113918 instead of 113718
    Still yep.

Thanks, I appreciate the positive feedback… 🙂

Afewknowthetruth
    Participant
    WES
    Participant

Slimyalligator:

Thanks. I am familiar with cochlear ear implants as a friend has them. Sadly he lost the last of his hearing the evening of our wedding. There is a very big adjustment period after these inplants, not something I really want to think about for now.

For the time being my remaining hearing is superior to that of cochlear implants. So I am not yet a candidate for a cochlear implant. Hopefully not for many more years.

Presently it is my very poor eye sight that is the most troubling to me.

I have Ushers Syndrome which means the nerve cells in both my eyes and ears (same type of cell) are slowly dying off, one by one. Both parents had recessive gene and even then it is only 1 in 4 chance. Both my brother and sister are fine. I luckly seem to have gotten the slowest version as most are deaf and blind by their twenties.

When growing up my family was puzzled as to why I was hard of hearing as there was no family history of hearing lost. I only solved the mystery when I was in my early fifties!

The eye doctor I saw asked me how I got to his office in downtown Toronto? I said I drove down! He was flabbergasted! He then suggested I let my wife drive me home! He said I was more than a little bit legally blind. The only vision I had left was in the very center of my eye. I had no prolifferal vision. Nicely he also didn’t report me to the government but I quit driving anyway.

My wife had a much more difficult time adjusting though as she continued to try and set me up so I would have to drive. It took about a month to finally convince her!

D Benton Smith
    Participant

First attempt at a meme. Wish me luck. Here goes nothing . . .

https://imgflip.com/i/6qpkdy

midwit meme

Dr. D
    Participant

Good meme, can we find a system that incorporates all three bell curves?

This is what they do for the law: “well, smart, honest, well-meaning people would do X, therefore we make it the law.” Um, buddy? Half the population isn’t smart, honest, or well meaning. What do you propose to do for the other half, when they ignore everything you say, then hit you in the earhole for talking to them? (P.S. the smart, well-meaning people are already doing what you propose making a law about.) Answer: “We’ll make the POLICE do it! They’re smart, honest, and well-meaning, and they’re not doing anything with their days right now!”

Uh-huh.

Same with religion. Can we get a system that all three can bear? It’s been done in the past, and more places than here.

TAE Summary
    Participant

When commenting, don’t be a hog
    And spew forth a word salad fog
    Commenters are smart
    To only talk art
    Much more, get your own stinking blog

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.