Debt Rattle Christmas Day 2018

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle Christmas Day 2018

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Caravaggio Nativity with St. Francis and St. Lawrence 1600   • The Stock Market Just Booked Its Ugliest Christmas Eve Plunge — Ever (MW) • Japan’
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle Christmas Day 2018]

V. Arnold
    Participant

‘We are working with human beings saying they have seen something..’ Cue 150,000 ruined holidays.

Aliens? Alien spacecraft? Ghosts?
    I’m doubly confused; which was it, doing the investigation: the Army or the Police, or both?
    Actually, I’m not confused at all; just gobsmacked at the overall incompetence exhibited yet again (cue Skripals & Novichok)…

On another note: Caravaggio seems to have evolved since his St. John the Baptist in the wilderness 1604.
    I’m not sure how to characterize it; maturity maybe?
    In any event his later work is, to my eye, much improved, or rather, evolved to reality…
    No, that’s not it either…hmmm…hell, I don’t know what to term it…if anything…

V. Arnold
    Participant

Caravaggio St. John the Baptist in the wilderness 1604
    Caravaggio Nativity with St. Francis and St. Lawrence 1600

Well, so much for maturity… 😉
    Nevermind…

Dr. D
    Participant

That is the very picture of a camera obscura painting.

Dr. D
    Participant

Everyone playing their part: Trump hires Powell to discredit the Fed. Then they have terrible acting on Twitter WWE-style. OMG, I swear his bad acting will blow the whole thing, but everyone’s so oblivious it never does. Meanwhile, Mnuchin, who has far more power than this to rig the Dow Futures, steps back but wants to be seen in public “doing something”, and that’s there’s no problem yet, but he’s seeding the idea there WILL be a problem. Why? Because Trump’s executive has to be on top of things while the Fed is the villain. If he’s SOLVING it, it can’t be HIS; it must be the Fed’s problem. And it’s finally working, as even this mainstream boosterism article says “nagging concerns.”

How does this work? Expect that like the U.S. collapse in ‘99, they now blame on 9-11 – two years later! For it. So as we go over the event horizon, we’re in a shutdown and immediately the House will subpoena everything, met with counter-investigations by Trump and possibly arrests. Then the partisanship (and in their mind, hopefully partisanship by the Democrats) will become the historical cause. Not the real cause, of course, but when was the last time that been written in history books? Will that be right? Stay tuned, we’re all on the same crazy train and no one is allowed off.

“Chinese sectors lost ground across the board”
    “The sell-off is triggered almost entirely by developments in the U.S. markets.”

Seriously? China and Japan have no problems? They’re just following us? Then why have Abe and the JCB been on the edge of getting tossed for 3-5 years and the Shanghai has been down since 2015? Nope. Never happened. Nothing to see here. Go team!

“US Crude Plunges 6.7%” Yay! Finally Christmas for the working people!
    “there’s no place to hide in any of these markets.”

So everything is falling but cash, it’s rising relative to everything, so the place to hide would be…cash? As your purchasing power of everything rapidly rises? Are these guys really traders? And again, that means wages just went up, gas got cheaper, and workers, who have no stocks, get richer compared to Wall Street. No need to hide there.

And Bitcoin went up 30% too but I wouldn’t go crazy on it.

Showing how everyone is bad at math and either too dumb or complicit about it, “a mandate-compliant 2.1%[inflation]” Since when does 2% = 0%? As said all the time, 2% = 50% savings loss by retirement at 40 years. But Roach don’t mind.

“unconstitutional threats from an unhinged US president”
    As usual, nobody bothered to look and didn’t ask, they just make s—t up and publish it. What does this say?

“each member shall hold office for a term of fourteen years from the expiration of the term of his predecessor, unless sooner removed for cause by the President.” https://www.federalreserve.gov/aboutthefed/section10.htm

What cause? No parameters at all, therefore, for any cause he likes. Pretty unhinged. That is, Mr. Roach is pretty unhinged for trading in markets and giving worldwide advice without bothering to know how they work. Besides, Congress can also do anything they like to the Fed. And will, I expect. They ain’t God almighty. How about confiscate and nationalize the banks, Sweden-style? No? Tell me, between the two, who will be annoyed, at risk, and who will have the tanks?

The Marine generals and Army intelligence put Trump into office over the recent CIA candidates. Mattis was Trump’s boss, in a way. He left because the military planning aspect of the administration is now in order, as when we’re leaving 2 of 3 official wars, as advertised and planned. Therefore, he now needs a domestic-oriented leader, who will work the domestic front. By selling it to the present domestic system, made of oligarchs and factories. If you hadn’t noticed, the people already have no power, and he’s already got all the base he’s going to get on his side. Watch what they DO, not what they say. Since the press will never investigate, but make up everything anyway, they’re at no risk.

There were no drones, just random crank calls? That’s a WAY better attack than real drones. But remember, this is Britain, where the Skripals died/didn’t die from the most dangerous/safest chemical ever.

Brilliant news said the White house is so bad that Shumer/Pelosi can’t figure out what Trump wants. They just don’t know, so they can’t end the shutdown. Um…Nancy, Charles: I have the feeling it has something to do with a wall? I’m not an expert, but I’m pretty sure it’s been reported. Thus NBC (I think) make s—t up to blame Trump and his unhinged behavior for a perfectly ordinary dispute, which no one notices since government doesn’t do anything for the people anyway, AND will get double-paid for back pay PLUS overtime to catch up. Wow, sound terrible.

Speaking of liars, Comey tweeted how Trump is the Grinch sending all those FBI employees home for Christmas without pay. Aw. But since Comey gets paid with kickbacks and placements at Lockheed, he might have forgotten that employees were paid on the 19th and funding may already be settled by the 31st, when the next paycheck is due. Thanks Jim, you’re a true Boy Scout and more honest than General Washington. I read it on the internet, from Brian Williams and Claas Relotius.

zerosum
    Participant

Who, I ask, who owns stocks in
    • Japan’s Nikkei Drops 5% After Wall Street Slide Deepens (CNBC)

Who lost money that they needed to put food on the table?

“Negative sentiment has replaced logic, as is often the case during a sell-off. A third of the selling is induced by panic, another third by loss-cutting and the remaining third by speculators trying to make a profit from the market rout,” said Takashi Hiroki, chief strategist at Monex Securities in Tokyo. “The sell-off is triggered almost entirely by developments in the U.S. markets, rather than by negative factors unique to the domestic market.”

You win …. “There were no drones, just random crank calls? That’s a WAY better attack than real drones.”

Are lawyers on partial shutdown?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.