Debt Rattle December 4 2022

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle December 4 2022

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    boscohorowitz
    Participant

“All the news that’s fit to print” the motto/mission statement of the NYTimes, is a far cry from ‘All the news that’s true’. We’re never without censorship in some form beginning with the Thumper Rule: ‘If you don’t have something nice to say, don’t say anything.’ The foundation by which censorship/dis-mis-information is accepted is our own ideas of propriety<> impropriety. The idea that one can rely on an editor to vet what news is “fit to print” or not, is an Orwellian slope.

We tell lies, all of us, so we accept being lied to… but only so much. Comes a time we decide we’re being lied to too much. But the very idea that there is such a thing as an acceptable amount or kind of lie, and there is an unacceptable amount or kind, works much like voting for the lesser evil. Evil begets evil; lies beget lies: and the beginning and end of it lies within oneself more than in others.

Twoof

Figmund Sreud
    Participant

Well, well, … a Canadian best football player (soccer) with myocarditis, … disclosure at ~7:42 min. point

… how many more others are out there? Crickets, …

F.S.

WES
    Participant

F.S.

Chris Letang, Sidney Crosby’s Pittsburgh Penguins teammate, supposedly suffered a stroke recently.

Everybody in my immediate family that has been double vaxxed has now caught covid.

Now unvaxxed people only want blood transfusions from unvaxxed people.

Figmund Sreud
    Participant

… OK, let’s try it again:

There is an interview with Alastair Crooke on rumble(dot)com entitled GU RETURNS: Alastair Crooke-Europe a VASSAL of the US, Destroying Itself Over Ukraine-Russia War! that just not post on TAE. It’s worth to look it up and hear Alastair out.

F.S.

John Day
    Participant

@Germ:
    I like silver as a conductor. I got jeweler’s fine-silver wire and threaded it into little Teflon sheaths for the nicest audio interconnects you ever heard. Still have a few. Very, very clean.

Gold in weak hands problem… Yes, maybe tax it all away when you try to “cash” out, but a person who doesn’t get dispossessed may be able to wait for the right moment and trade gold for life or land…

They keep being pretty good at manipulating silver, too, and the people who hold it. Maybe someday we’ll have silver coins again.

WES
    Participant

F.S.

When you are the empire, every ten years or so you need your Roman Legions to go and thrash a country to make an expample of it, to remind all the other countries what could happen to them if they displease the empire.

This time around I think the Taliban in Afghanistan have learned to leave the poppy crops alone. The first time around the Taliban tried to stop the growing of poppies. We know what the empire did.

So the poppies grow in Afghanistan fields,
    Row on row.

FS- Let me try.

Afewknowthetruth
    Participant

Here comes the whitewash report. Well, it may take a few months to arrive, but when it does arrive, we already know it will be whitewash.

‘A Royal Commission of Inquiry will be established to review New Zealand’s COVID-19 Response, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern has announced.’

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/national/royal-commission-of-inquiry-announced-nz-s-covid-response-to-come-under-scrutiny/ar-AA14U2px?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=15e125ab855b41ef8d60cc7dadf33992

ezlxa1949
    Participant

Hmmm, masks are ineffective. I won’t bother showing this to anyone. It’s easily dismissed: we may have 3 or 4 papers showing their ineffectiveness, while the other side have multiple dozens showing the opposite.

The average citizen has little or no time to look into such matters and relies on official pronouncements for ideas and opinions. It’s not their fault.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Figmund Sreud
    Thanks for finding this gem w/Crooke…

my parents said know
    …and thank you for the working link…
    Zounds! That was one hell of an interview…

citizenx
    Participant

@chooch

little choo choo

You have probably come across some version of this anecdote somewhere in the past but in case you haven’t I will attempt to explain it. Let’s simply say there are three wealthy individuals that show up to a conference. Through their business dealings, they have debts that are owed to one another. Let’s say Bob owes Jim $100 million, and Jim owes Mary $100 million and Mary owes Bob $100 million. Another super rich guy shows up to the conference with $100 million cash in his suitcase. Bob gets wind of this and sneaks into the guy’s hotel room and pinches the $100 million suitcase. He settles his debt with Jim, who then settles his debt to Mary, and she settles her debt with Bob. Now Bob was just trying to get out of debt to Jim by using someone else’s money and was not expecting to leave the conference out of debt to Jim and $100 million wealthier so he figures the right thing to do would be to sneak the $100 million suitcase back into the rich guy’s room. He was able to sneak back in, but the rich guy was there. Bob decides he will leave the suitcase and bolt. As he slowly lowers the suitcase to the ground, the rich guy says, “fugetaboutit”.

Um, what? could not read any of this garbage…seriously ? Shut the fuck up.

As I understand it…

You understand nothing. for fucks sake, stop.

I realize we view the war in Ukraine through a very different set of beer goggles but preserving this network of dollar denominated trade probably has more to do with how the US is managing the conflict than anything.

Jesus fucking Christ.. “We” are not wearing beer googles fuck face. There is clarity and truth. You own neither. It’s not a game asswipe… but you cheerlead and support the evil empire like a fucking retarded bitch. How did Afghanistan and Iraq and Syria and Libya and Yemen work out asshole? Fuckin suck it choo choo. NATO whore.

D Benton Smith
    Participant

@Chooch

The thing with metaphors and parables is that they can, at times, communicate the core principle of complicated ideas but in a much simplified form so that the core idea doesn’t get lost in non-relevant details. They can also (more rarely) communicate theretofore un-defined concepts (for which there are no words in our language) but in terms of a story that uses familiar words. For example morals can be nearly impossible to nail down into ironclad unambiguous terms that are ALWAYS right under any and all circumstances, but getting across “the moral of the story” is fairly easy to achieve with a metaphorical story (parable), even for naïve kids.

I think we all get the underlying principle of the parable you laid on @citizenx that he found so annoying. His objections to your inadequate metaphorical story might have been worded more respectfully, but you’ve got to admit that he has a point. Several points, actually, but the MAIN point is that the REALITY of corruption, deceit, betrayal, theft, crime and violent death in and about Ukraine is so drastically different than your simplistic big-bucks-in-a-suitcase anecdote that it’s actually aggravating.

I propose that you explain your point more realistically, and that citizenx attempt to rip that position to shreds with a little greater respect, much more finesse and a lot less less frustrated swearing.

I doubt if that makes either of you very happy, but you’ll both feel better about giving it your best shot and actually moving the argument forward.

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.