Debt Rattle February 13 2016

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle February 13 2016

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

DPC New Orleans milk cart1903 • Abenomics Is In Poor Health After Nikkei Slide, And It May Be Terminal (G.) • Yen’s Best Two-Week Run Since 1998 Just
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle February 13 2016]

rapier
    Participant

What strikes me is the complete absence of signs of panic. In July 07 when the Bear Stearns funds collapsed I envisioned Bernanke needing to go home and assume the fetal position every night. But no, he was as calm and confident as a man can be. On the international front as the world flies into WWIII in Syria the front of the NY Times online edition is dominated by our ridiculous presidential candidates and of course the daily report of $20 something million dollar NY apartment deal. Well today is no less surreal than any other day over the last few months, or is it years.

One take from the 08 panic or 9/11 for that matter is that the confidence up to the very moments of disaster was based upon the certainty that the disasters would bring only more power and wealth to those at the top. We spend our time imagining that the next disaster will be the death knell of those elites, but will it be? Or will it be the next disaster after this?

Greenpa
    Participant

“What to say?”

Actually this is an excellent and precise metaphor for the bottleneck our own species is starting to enter. An alteration in the environment we are not prepared for, and cannot cope with. A few survive. So far.

Greenpa
    Participant

“What strikes me is the complete absence of signs of panic.”

Striking yes; surprising no; educational, very.

The 0.1% guide (not “control”) the financial mood. They own the world press, and they own the academic economists- literally. They can, and do, sometimes direct major pundits to perform major mood steering. Helping them out is the fact that the people not in on the fix WANT to be encouraged and cheered- desperately.

Those at the helm are perfectly aware they cannot prevent the eventual panic. They are quite prepared for it- and will profit enormously by it. They wind up owning the world infrastructure. I take the stock market behavior in the past year as good evidence that they are still in good control of the market mood – they allow a “scary” drop – and then via hedge funds and banks cause a quick recovery – which turns out in a couple months not to be a total recovery. Just enough recovery so that the naive and frightened will continue to hope their market investments might turn out well – so they stay in, and continue to pay for the short positions so dear to the big speculators. You have to keep the suckers in the game as long as you can; so they can be bled. It’s going very well.

There are, I think, readable sheep entrails at the moment which predict a good scary partial panic is just around the corner. But the entrails I read predict that the 0.1% will still have the clout to arrest the panic before full bottom – and perform at least one more bleeding of the hopeful. Eventually, mom and pop do figure out that they don’t belong in the market, and they’ll get out. But as we know from past panics; they have to take a horrific beating before they will wake up – with the short sellers laughing all the way.

Professorlocknload
    Participant

Next up, the Crackup Boom.

Then the excruciatingly painful reset,,,finally leading to Ilargi’s “Deflation.”

The process could take years, or happen with astounding speed. The demise of confidence is a fickle thing to try and time. “Animal Spirits” are like that.

Those who make it to the “Other Side” relatively intact, will likely have done so with the help of a bit of barbaric yellow metal? Or at least some means of productive enterprise? Maybe a little of both and a heaping helping of luck?

Interesting times, these.

Nassim
    Participant

Some of what the MSM does not want you to know:

“”We have compelling evidence that a US helicopter landed in Albu Arim palms of Fallujah city to take out the ISIL leaders who were in contact with the Americans,” a senior Iraqi security official, speaking on the condition of anonymity, told FNA on Saturday.

He noted that other US aircraft were flying over the region to protect the airplane which was boarding the ISIL leaders, adding, “The US took out the ISIL leaders in order to rescue them from possible attacks by the Iraqi Army and security forces.”

In relevant remarks in October, Spokesman of Iraq’s Kata’ib Hezbollah (Hezbollah Battalions) popular forces Jafar al-Hosseini disclosing that captured ISIL leaders have acknowledged receiving logistical backup and intelligence support from the US.”

https://en.farsnews.com/newstext.aspx?nn=13941124001409

Chris M
    Participant

Rapier,

What you say is similar to what I was pointing out in an earlier thread. The powers that be (aka debt money monopolists) want the system to collapse so they can have the cover to bring about their next plan of consolidating wealth and power. I don’t know what their next thing is. They don’t show their plans to you and me. I know there has to be a plan. These things don’t happen on a whim. Who thinks the whole Federal Reserve System came about that way? These things are long thought out.

On the flip side, I was intrigued about what another poster pointed out in the same thread. That person surmised that the malicious powers-that-be will die under the weight of their own evil, once things spiral out of control. It reminds me of the famous line in Stars Wars when Princess Leia addresses Commander Tarkin: “The more you tighten your grip Tarkin, the more star systems will slip through your fingers.”

I am also reminded of another movie, Disney’s flick–A Bug’s Life. Hopper, the head tyrannical grasshopper, has to explain something to his crony band of grasshoppers about the power they hold over the ants: “You let one ant stand up to us, then they might all stand up. Those puny little ants outnumber us a hundred to one. And if they figure that out, there goes our way of life. It’s not about food. It’s about keeping those ants in line!”

The question is, in our current reality, will there be a revolution? And will it be peaceful, or bloody? And when?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.