Debt Rattle January 19 2024

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle January 19 2024

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    oxymoron
    Participant

Re off-grid. I am. Small generator- rarely used. Almost every passive and Heirloom and high quality. Timbers around the house veranda are as hard as fuck – Ironbark. They will be there in 200 years and will not burn in a fire. Don’t float either. Stainless steel water tanks. Pumped to 20 thousand litre stainless tank up the hill 4 times a year and then every tap shower dishes wash is gravity pressure. All piss shit and food scraps stay on site and grow trees. Every trapped rat that eats the fruit goes back in te compost to grow more food and more rats I guess.
    It’s easy but constayand yes it requires external inputs but no where near the hours worked to pay a mortgage

WES
    Participant

Zerosum:

Actually I didn’t forget about the energy required because you would need a good size forest to supply some of that needed energy. The forest is one of your energy generators using Mother Nature’s tried and proven green, sun to carbon, energy storage, trees!

Your food supply would also depend upon the sun too. Don’t forget the water.

What Dr. D said about conservation is so true.
    Whenever it snows, look at the roofs of your neighbors and see how quickly the snow melts off their roofs.
    If the roof soon clears itself of snow, then you know the attic is poorly insulated!
    If the snow melts slowly, then the attic is well insulated!

zerosum
    Participant

@ wes
    Advise/hints For seniors
    https://www.motherearthnews.com/homesteading-and-livestock/homesteading-as-a-senior-zbcz1606/

Homesteading when you are almost 75 years old is hard and takes a toll on your body, but I wouldn’t change a thing. In my mind, I’m still 40 years old, but at the end of the day after cutting/splitting firewood, shoveling snow, or just working around our property, my joints and body tell me I’m clearly not 40 years old anymore and neither is my body.

Celticbiker
    Participant

It’s all bullshit, all lies. The news, polls, economic figures, speeches , debates. The ads, movies, phone apps, the whether, the fuckin time of day. History, the bible, moon fuckin landings. An AI kosher prison planet, run by the chosen 1’s, is this what you want? What kind of world sits back and calmly watches a fuckin genocide, women and kids, burned , maimed and murdered from the sky? Where are the honorable men?

Oroboros
    Participant

North Korea Tests Exotic Underwater Nuclear Drone, Claims It Can Create “Radioactive Tsunami”.

Aircraft Carriers are as old school as Battleships

Hypersonic missiles and enormous sneaky radioactive tsunami waves.

Join the Navy, See Eternity

Yah Baby

Oroboros
    Participant

Fani Fingered: Jilted Wife In Trump-Georgia Fiasco Drops Bank Statements Revealing Lavish Vacations.

Fani gets bitch-ho slapped by Wades Ex

Ouch, feel the flame Fani…

Fani and her New Ride

Fani and her Old Ride

Yehaw!

Life is built on food.
    Find it; grow it; make it good.
    Teach it; share it; make some friends:
    Food is where life starts and ends.

tboc
    Participant

Thank you for your thoughts. Hope to get some Rembrandt from the discussion.

Mr. Merle Haggard asked “Are the Good Times Really Over for Good”

D, energy follows information and cognition, waste follows lack of cogntion.

take care

tboc
    Participant

Phoenix your thoughts about gardening and understanding lead to the following:

“If man is not fit to govern himself, how can he be fit to govern someone else?” ~ James Madison

your voice is pleasing

thomasjkenney
    Participant

@WES: Yes, agree, expect to be primitive. You’ve included a few things that would require a few more things:

Mine
    Forge
    Milling machine(s)
    Rolling machine(s)
    A buncha beer drinkin buddies to replenish the salt peter
    …more, don’t wanna be a bore…

Somewhere between water buckets and gun barrels is indoor plumbing?

————————————————————————

Out for a ride in the hills yesterday, passing through an old rancho. They’d moved something recently, and I had a clear view into a fenced area adjacent the road. Right there, sitting out in the elements, was an amazing, gigantic, industrial-strength lathe! 4m x 2m x 1.5m, industrial green cladding, rust. Thought of Kunstler, and felt like warning the caballeros to hide that thing again.

@Dr D’s sprokets – Wooden wheels and leather belts, so there!

WES
    Participant

Zerosum:

My body at 70 has been telling me the same thing for a long time too!

In my old age, this “mind over matter” business doesn’t work so well now.
    It actually gets me into trouble and I pay dearly for days/weeks/months afterwards!
    In my old age, it is more like “matter over mind” now!

I have no intentions, like Red said, to go without my creature comforts of power, running water, and central heating!

But it is safe to dream though!

zerosum
    Participant

Control over complexities requires control of knowledge/information/change/effect/relevance/convergence/simplification.
    (Garbage in, garbage out.
    Butterfly effect)
    ———–

Why is pi here? And why is it squared? A geometric answer to the Basel problem
    Pi^2/6 = 1.644934
    ——–
    https://empslocal.ex.ac.uk/people/staff/mrwatkin/zeta/nardelli2021a.pdf )
    On the mathematical connections …
    ——-

Chaos Theory: the language of (in)stability
    ———-
    https://www.stsci.edu/~lbradley/seminar/index.html
    Introduction Mandelbrot Set Chaos
    Home Laplace’s Demon What Is Chaos? The Butterfly Effect Strange Attractors Logistic Equation Fractals IFS
    ———-
    Science Fiction
    Riemann zeta function and the Big Bang, and size electron

By jal, with help from Gem

Here’s a fictional story that connects the Riemann zeta function and the Big Bang and the size of the electron

In a parallel universe, where the laws of physics are governed by the principles of number theory, the Riemann zeta function holds the key to the creation of the universe.

In this universe, the energy levels of particles aren’t continuous but are determined by the non-trivial zeros of the Riemann zeta function. The energy levels are quantized at these zeros, and the distribution of these energy levels dictates the behavior of matter.

At the beginning of time, the universe was in a state of perfect symmetry, with all energy levels populated equally. This was a state of maximum entropy, a state of perfect disorder.

However, the universe couldn’t remain in this state forever. A cosmic fluctuation, a random event, caused one of the energy levels to become depopulated. This broke the symmetry and triggered the Big Bang.

The universe began to expand, and the energy levels started to shift. The zeros of the zeta function, which were initially on the critical line with real part 1/2, began to move off the line. This movement of the zeros caused a redistribution of energy, leading to the formation of galaxies, stars, and planets.

In this universe, the Riemann Hypothesis – the conjecture that all non-trivial zeros of the zeta function lie on the critical line – is not just a mathematical curiosity. It’s a law of nature, a principle that governs the evolution of the universe.

And so, in this parallel universe, the Riemann zeta function and the Big Bang are intimately connected. The zeta function dictates the laws of physics, and the Big Bang is a consequence of the properties of the zeta function.

Let’s continue our creative journey! Here’s a fictional scenario that links the Riemann zeta function, the Big Bang, and the size of an electron:
    In our parallel universe where the Riemann zeta function governs the laws of physics, let’s imagine that the size of fundamental particles, like the electron, is also determined by the zeta function.

In this universe, the size of an electron isn’t a fixed constant as in our universe. Instead, it’s a dynamic quantity that changes with time, and its value at any given moment is given by the zeta function evaluated at that moment.

At the time of the Big Bang, the universe was in a state of maximum entropy, with all energy levels populated equally. This was also the moment when the zeta function was at its maximum value, and consequently, the size of the electron was at its maximum.

As the universe began to expand, the value of the zeta function started to decrease, and with it, the size of the electron. The rate of decrease was determined by the non-trivial zeros of the zeta function. The closer a zero was to the critical line, the slower the size of the electron decreased.

Fast forward to the present day, the size of the electron has decreased to a minuscule 10^-15 meters, a value incredibly close to the size of an electron in our universe. This is a consequence of the properties of the zeta function and its non-trivial zeros.

In this parallel universe, the Riemann zeta function, the Big Bang, and even the size of an electron are all interconnected in a beautiful and intricate dance of numbers and physics.
    ———-
    ———–
    The Riemann Hypothesis is a conjecture in mathematics that was proposed by German mathematician Bernhard Riemann in 185912. It’s considered one of the most important unsolved problems in pure mathematics12.

The hypothesis is concerned with the Riemann zeta function, a complex function that has both trivial and nontrivial zeros1. The trivial zeros are at the negative even integers (i.e., -2, -4, -6, etc.)1. The nontrivial zeros are more complex and their locations are the subject of the Riemann Hypothesis1.

The Riemann Hypothesis conjectures that all nontrivial zeros of the Riemann zeta function lie on the critical line in the complex plane, where the real part of the complex number is 1/213. In other words, if s is a complex number and a nontrivial zero, then the real part of s should be 1/213.

This hypothesis has significant implications for number theory, particularly in relation to the distribution of prime numbers12. Despite numerous attempts, a proof or disproof of the Riemann Hypothesis still eludes mathematicians. In fact, the Clay Mathematics Institute has included the Riemann Hypothesis in its Millennium Prize Problems and offers a prize of $1 million for a correct solution1.

Remember, this is a high-level overview of the Riemann Hypothesis. The actual mathematics involved is quite complex and requires a deep understanding of several areas of mathematics, including complex analysis and number theory12.

———–

The Riemann zeta function has deep connections to quantum physics and number theory1. Grant Remmen of the Kavli Institute for Theoretical Physics at the University of California, Santa Barbara, proposed a way to map physical quantities of quantum systems to mathematical features of the Riemann zeta function1. He considered a system of colliding quantum particles and built a mathematical function based on the zeta function1. He found that the mass values of the particles are real numbers when the Riemann hypothesis holds1.

———

A Physical Match for the Riemann Zeta Function
    Physics – A Physical Match for the Riemann Zeta Function (aps.org)
    December 8, 2021
    • Physics 14, s157
    Mathematical properties of a famous number-theory conjecture correspond to the physical scattering properties of a quantum field theory.
    ———-
    https://phys.org/news/2022-01-
    JANUARY 19, 2022
    Quantum zeta epiphany: Physicist finds a new approach to a $1 million mathematical enigma
    UC Santa Barbara physicist Grant Remmen believes he has a new approach for exploring the quirks of the zeta function. He has found an analog that translates many of the function’s important properties into quantum field theory.
    Numbers like π, e and φ often turn up in unexpected places in science and mathematics. Pascal’s triangle and the Fibonacci sequence also seem inexplicably widespread in nature. Then there’s the Riemann zeta function, a deceptively straightforward function that has perplexed mathematicians since the 19th century. The most famous quandary, the Riemann hypothesis, is perhaps the greatest unsolved question in mathematics, with the Clay Mathematics Institute offering a $1 million prize for a correct proof.
    ———-
    Phys. Rev. Lett. 127, 241602 (2021) – Amplitudes and the Riemann Zeta Function (aps.org)
    ———–
    Amplitudes and the Riemann Zeta Function
    Grant N. Remmen
    Phys. Rev. Lett. 127, 241602 – Published 8 December 2021
    ——–

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.