Debt Rattle July 20 2021

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle July 20 2021

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 95 total)
  • Author
    madamski cafone
    Participant

More like this than a vicar in a tutu:

In the red red mud…

But I’ve known my share of tutu’d vicars. Of the many weirdnesses I’ve witnessed in what we’ll loosely call the transgender realm, I believe that Captain Dirty Dan is the pinnacle:

Dirty Dan’s was and may still be a flaming magenta stucco gay bar hidden (maybe even to this day) deep in the loblolly pines of far south Georgia a short drive from Jimmy Carter’s boyhood home. After falling for a boy in exquisite drag, deflated and disappointed when hir tits proved to be ridiculously lifelike silicone (with deep cleavage shown but a bar lit entirely in ultraviolet can conceal deepfakery amazingly well), a fact he gigglingly displayed by pulling them out and wiggling them in the air before my eyes… whoa), I retired to the back room where there was a large round table of glass and heavy ornate wrought iron. Only part of the bar that was normally lit, albeit dimly.

Seated there was a very large powerful overweight short furry bear of a man in a classic black captain’s sailor suit including black captain’s hat. The ultraviolet leaking through the bar illuminated his shoulder epaulettes of pure dandruff but his beard was a nice salt’n’pepper masterpiece.

We chatted. He thought it was cute how I dressed like a boy and mostly got away with it. Being raised with 4 brothers and a towering father made it natural for me. He propositioned me:

“You’ve got a way with words. I’ll pay you $50 if you’ll lie under the table while I sit on the glass – it’s super-strong,” he said, knocking it hard with knuckles like 4×4 wheel treads,” and tell me what it looks like.”

I declined.

“$100.”

$100 was a lot of money back then.
    I declined. He wasn’t exactly gracious about it but he respectfully accepted the fact of my disinterest.

Then, two hours later, smoking a joint after sunset in hazy cypress twilight with another, nicer, tamer Dan (who was also a merchant marine, oddly enough😉), on a narrow wooden bridge just two feet above the water of a swamp slough, I came this close to having my legs bit off by an alligator. Dan knew it was approaching and was ready to pull me back if I didn’t see it in time, but he wanted a good laugh and he got it.

Beady little red eyes barely glowing in the last sunset light, scrawny little Madamski rolling over in a backwards somersault across the bridge, peeing my britches while Danny laughed so hard he almost peed his, and some alligator pissed at missing a meal. Poor Dan. He was so disappointed to find out I was a girl, not a boy playing one. Not a bone of bi- in that boy. But I seem to recall he told good stories although I can’t recall any.

You know what I’m gonna play:

Dude Looked Like a Lady

Polder Dweller
    Participant

Dutch newspaper, De Volkskrant, today:

Virologists sound the alarm: delta variant also spreads via vaccinated people

Once again, virologists are sounding the alarm about the coronavirus. The delta variant is so contagious that people who have already been fully vaccinated can also pass on the virus. This could have ‘major consequences’ for policy, the scientists warn.

Although vaccinees who contract the delta variant usually do not become so sick that they end up in hospital, they can transmit the virus to others. That is why people who have been vaccinated should adhere to the same rules as non-vaccinated people: testing immediately in case of complaints, testing for admission tickets and after returning from vacation, and keeping an extra good distance from people who have not yet been vaccinated.

“The idea we had in the beginning, that you no longer transmit the virus after vaccination, does not seem to hold true for the delta variant,” says clinical virologist Matthijs Welkers (Amsterdam UMC). “We even see people who have already had an infection, have been vaccinated twice and are now testing positive again.”

[…]

What probably happens is that the virus partially undermines the immune system. Anyone who becomes infected with the delta variant produces up to a thousand times as many virus particles as in the original variant, according to a recently published analysis. “At the beginning of the infection, it’s probably so much that your antibodies can’t keep up,” says Welkers. “Because of its large numbers, the virus breaks through the defense as it were.”

In addition, antibodies from vaccinees are about eight times less effective on the delta variant protrusions than on those of the original virus, according to recently published British lab tests. That doesn’t make things any better.

The fact that vaccinated individuals rarely end up in ICU or die is due to something else. After the initial phase of the infection, the delta variant probably also runs into the T cells, the line of defense that cleans up affected cells and controls the inflammation. This keeps the disease limited.

[…]

In other countries, that awareness is also beginning to decline. For example, Israel, where the population was vaccinated with the Pfizer vaccine, announced on Friday that more than a thousand fully vaccinated people in that country have already become infected with the delta variant again. And in India, scientists discovered that healthcare workers who had been vaccinated with AstraZeneca often still became infected with the delta variant. “The warning that this emanates is that although vaccination is very important, it is not the only thing that is needed to prevent transmission,” says Koopmans.

https://www.volkskrant.nl/nieuws-achtergrond/virologen-slaan-alarm-deltavariant-verspreidt-zich-ook-via-gevaccineerden~b800c3e1/ (In Dutch)

madamski cafone
    Participant

They have to manufacture dips at this popint to get any market action. Money velocity is like a snail on thorazine.

madamski cafone
    Participant

(above) @ Mister Roboto

madamski cafone
    Participant

” and tell me what it looks like.”

Oops. I forgot: what it looked like as he took a dump.

True story.

madamski cafone
    Participant

Never interfere with your enemy when it is destroying itself

“Despite the paper’s own definition of gain-of-function research seemingly being the same as Paul’s, the White House scientist still insisted that the research outlined in the 2015 paper “is not” the same thing.”

Fauci has reached his “depends on what your definition os ‘is’ is” moment. Farewell Fauci. It was nice not knowing you.

madamski cafone
    Participant

Okay, now I’m convinced that the banksters really are planning to move to China after they’re done selling us downriver.

Where they will be eaten alive, of course.

‘We’ll sail where intl law allows’: UK to permanently deploy naval vessels to South China Sea amid regional tensions

“…permanently.” Yeah, sunken aircraft are pretty permanently deployed, I’d say.

madamski cafone
    Participant

Checkmate

“Checkmate is capable of short – but not vertical – takeoff, and is fitted with modular weapon bays that can be equipped with the full array of current anti-aircraft missiles, gun pods, bombs, and guided missiles. A drone version is also currently under development.”

They watch us build stupid shit while they study the good stuff we make and then improve it considerably, generally making them both simpler and more robust yet also more multi-functional. THe name itself says it all: not only vastly superior air defense and long-range ballistics, but also offensive air power.

The barbarians are practically at the gate. But they’re content to watch us implode so long as we don’t act up.

madamski cafone
    Participant

fit-to-fly fakery?

“A UK government-approved testing company is accused of dumping test vials in the trash and issuing fit-to-fly certificates. My experience with the firm was dreadful – and it’s typical of how shabbily the pandemic has been handled.”

Whoa. The unraveling picks up speed.

madamski cafone
    Participant

Written from a very mainstream perspective, which in this case is apt, for it seeks to communicate to a broad range of belief systems that the reason it feels like things are falling apart is that they ARE falling apart:

consensus crackers

Mr. House
    Participant

“The Great Reset deals with this evil by acquiescing in it. Under its plan, governments who became indebted to the Federal Reserve while bailing out the banks should wipe the slate clean by handing over the remaining assets. The bankers and the billionaires instruct that you will own nothing and you will be happy.

The industrial corporations who polluted the skies and the oceans demand subsidies to go “carbon neutral,” outsourcing their responsibility, leaving someone else to clean their mess. The families who own most of the world’s oil and gas will continue to hoard those resources, while making us pay for wind and solar. And because wind and solar cannot meet the needs of today’s population, our lifestyles must adapt. The world may get to 100 per cent renewable energy but at a cost that is as yet unimaginable.

What brought us to this crossroads is the manipulation of morals to adjust for a deep rot in society. Business schools noticed this when they began to teach courses in ethics: it had little impact on standards in corporate life. If anything, they declined, or more politely, adapted.

They outsourced responsibility for their behaviour — principles, decency, even that antiquated word, standards — to a compliance officer sitting in a corner office. Just like corporations, we individuals did the same.

That is how they are approaching The Great Reset: by compartmentalizing ethics. As a society that bails out others’ failed bets while some gamble anew. Governments award no-tender contracts for vaccines and personal protective equipment, technology companies are given carte blanche to invent the future systems of governance with no thought for the role of elected officials. While health becomes a bazaar where the buyer better beware.

Society is melded to the interest of corporations while billionaires play leap frog. Secret societies always offered a “leg up” to their pals but the ethical drought has created an escalator. Their “oaths and proceedings” have swept them into endeavors that no sensible, rational or prudent mind would consider. Government, bureaucracy and the corporate world are shaking hands like the wicked doctor of Württemberg. Isn’t that just another word for pursuing the Will bereft of conscience?

The words of the Great Reset have an internal logic and a veneer of justice, if not morality. But in empowering corporations as equal stakeholders with the state, it fortifies a psychopath compelled to prioritize its own benefit and lacking any moral guide.

The state is (theoretically) subject to greater moral oversight but it also arrogates to itself the right to murder and on certain pretexts to set aside its own laws and conventions in order to expropriate or steal. You don’t have to be a libertarian or anarchist to see the state is founded on a monopoly of violence.

The state is only as moral as those in power. It is a dangerous machine. Allied with psychopathic corporations in state-corporatism the certainty of abuse is terrifying, the 20th Century having borne ample proof.

The fundamental transformation of society has not been debated in any public forum. Our legislatures have been sidelined by presidential or prime ministerial decree, teams of psychologists use the media to manipulate the people into action, and the military looms on the outskirts of our cities. Acts are being undertaken that are a violation of humanity by deceitful, even depraved, methods whose outcomes threaten to match or exceed any past tragedy.

What shall we do in return? Shall we respond with the wry wisdom of an Aristophanes or the dread practicality of a Spartan? Can we succeed if we play nice? Is civilization built by compromise with evil or by striking it down? Do leaders arise from the squalor of submission, accumulating points for victimhood, or by raising their eyes to dignity, honor, integrity and freedom?

Let our coin buy more than mere survival, let our currency be defiance and, if necessary, honest vengeance.”

hexadec
    Participant

I was wondering about the claims that everyone sick with Covid was unvaccinated. Maybe this has something to do with it.

This spring after the CDC was overloaded with >10,000 vaccine failure cases with full-blown COVID-19 after being completely vaccinated, the CDC notified Americans it was only going to track and report COVID-19 in the unvaccinated.

madamski cafone
    Participant

And look, they used the World’s Biggest Word:

“To a certain extent, the fervor of the disestablishmentarian faction is traceable to economic and social trends mentioned earlier (the flow of wealth and power to coastal urban centers and the slow demographic shift of the country toward multi-ethnicity”

WES
    Participant

Ff topic. Commenting on one of the TAE’s articles!

So the US AG is going to stop his own DofJ from seizing journalist’s communication records every time someone in the deep state government decides to leak disinformation to journalists!

How self serving the deep state is! They are just protecting themselves, not the journalists!

Oh look! A squirrel over there!

Nice spin by the deep state to cover their real motive!

madamski cafone
    Participant

“They outsourced responsibility for their behaviour — principles, decency, even that antiquated word, standards — to a compliance officer sitting in a corner office. Just like corporations, we individuals did the same.”

Yup. That’s us. As we’re taught: DO this, get in trouble. DO that, get a cookie.

WES
    Participant

Madamski:

Are you aying Dr fauci is faucing us?

(faucing = lying to)

After all a new word is definately required to explain the outrageous behavior of Dr fauci!

Just like Mr. Bigot outrageous behavior gave us the new word “bigot”!

Mr. Bigot actions caused New France (Quebec) to fall to the British!

madamski cafone
    Participant

“What shall we do in return? Shall we respond with the wry wisdom of an Aristophanes or the dread practicality of a Spartan? Can we succeed if we play nice? Is civilization built by compromise with evil or by striking it down? Do leaders arise from the squalor of submission, accumulating points for victimhood, or by raising their eyes to dignity, honor, integrity and freedom?Let our coin buy more than mere survival, let our currency be defiance and, if necessary, honest vengeance.”

Heh. The author said coin. Heh-heh-heh. On coins, the wry wisdom of Aristophanes and the dread practicality of a Spartan:

“During the Peloponnesian War, the Athena Temple functioned in much the same way as a modern bank to fund the Athenian cause. Although considerable material wealth was kept in the physical temple, it is important to think of it more as an institution that had vast power over Athens’ economy. The Athena Temple’s reserve funds that were used to fund the war effort were drawn from a number of sources, including: tribute from Delian League members due every year in time for the campaigning season, funds still left from the treasury of Delos, the reserve fund held in the physical temple, and private donations of uncoined gold and silver. Thucydides related the details as follows:

‘“Saying that their strength came from the financial income they paid and that, for the most part, success in war was a matter of judgment and abundant revenues. He told them they could take confidence, since six hundred talents in tribute usually came in every year form the allies apart from other revenue, and on the Acropolis, there was still six thousand talents in coined silver remaining at that time . . . And, apart from that, uncoined silver in private and public dedications, and there was all the sacred equipment for processions and contests and booty from the Mede and everything else of that sort, not less than five hundred talents; going further, he added the considerable amount from the other sanctuaries. They would use these and if they were compelled, even the gold plating of the goddess herself; he pointed out that the statue had forty talents’ worth of refined gold, and it was all removable.”’

How Did the Athenians Fund Their Military during the Peloponnesian War?

The problem is ancient, now universal and global: no one can live without money any more except a few Amazon tribes who may soon be eaten by our culture. The love of money is the root of all evil. We cannoy even conceive of life without it. We will soon be forced to.

Big $$, el Mam-mon, is in final climax and about to go sere but with infertile seeds. Money has tried to kill off the planet and our particular species with it, but failed, of course, being primarily ideas and only secondarily things, placing at a disadvantage outside the human noosphere. Reality ignores money.

Slaves and animals and salt will again become our primary currencies.

But we’ll become REAL again, not figments of our inter-mixed imaginations, not holographic projections of what we’ve been conditioned and indoctrinated to be. And what is that, you ask? Unconsciously evil. Flaccid consumers of industrialized death turned into meaningless comforts and diversionary titillations, including cheap moral thrills provided by the Latest Worthy Cause. Anything but individuals or real unto ourselves.

Mr. House
    Participant

“Slaves and animals and salt will again become our primary currencies.”

I agree with this. I think i even stated awhile back that the loss of cheap oil will do more to reinvigorate slavery then any kind of racism. I also think this explains “woke”. They know that “progress” is failing and they have the most to lose. People might actually have to deal with reality then.

Mister Roboto
    Participant

Slaves and animals and salt will again become our primary currencies.

So does that mean we won’t all be righteous eco-groovy vegans???

madamski cafone
    Participant

“I agree with this. I think i even stated awhile back that the loss of cheap oil will do more to reinvigorate slavery then any kind of racism. I also think this explains “woke”. They know that “progress” is failing and they have the most to lose. People might actually have to deal with reality then.”

You mean as a distracting focus driven from behind by fear? Not unlike how I perceive the fad for zombies and demonics being respectively about fear of cannibalism or End is Near fear? (End is Near Fear is my next heavy punk metal project.)

madamski cafone
    Participant

“So does that mean we won’t all be righteous eco-groovy vegans???”

Not if we can help it. I think that Kuntsler is hardly being sensationalist when he often refers to the protein value of well-fried large insects. A supply-chain collapse means a food-chain collapse in today’s globally commodified ecology. I see us eating low on the food chain for awhile. We’ll be healthier after a brief winnowing.

Maybe then, ET Jeebus will come and save us.

Look! Up in the sky! It’s a bird! It’s a plane! It’s… some guy in a sandals and robe! NO, no, you’re kidding me. Can’t be. That is SO fucking corny. Oh well. Where’s some water I can dunk myself under? First impressions mean so much, you know.

madamski cafone
    Participant

WES: at this point, anything almost anyone does in the gubmint or its primary apparati, is like being in Germany in its second half: everybody KNOWS, but not very many will SAY…

Meanwhile, then, like now, the line between reality TV and actual reality went blurry:

I think it’s a predecessor of that fad for large recreations of Jackson’s “THriller” vid.

VietnamVet
    Participant

This is the abyss staring back moment. The ruling class threw the dice and created a few more billionaires. But it has come up snake eyes for the public. Reports now indicate that Wuhan spike RNA vaccines are ineffective at stopping Delta Variant transmission (even lower than the 64% reported in Israel earlier) and anecdotal reports that the vaccinated hospitalized are sicker than the unvaccinated. An old fogey about to be thrown to the wolves, I am not happy that Berlin Bunker parodies are sure to infiltrate the intertubes with the dear leader in a rage when told that Fauci’s vaccines failed. Disinformation is the truth.

The only hope left is that frontline healthcare workers can treat the ill and the virus is adapting to humans. Deaths in the West don’t spike too.

Mister Roboto
    Participant

The only hope left is that frontline healthcare workers can treat the ill and the virus is adapting to humans. Deaths in the West don’t spike too.

IOW, maybe the vaccine backfiring will make them finally start using Ivermectin-based therapies. It might be a very slim hope, as oligarchs hate being shown to be all wrong much more than they hate mass death and suffering amongst the serfs, but it’s probably our only hope.

WES
    Participant

Madamski:

I think a while back I think we once discussed the velocity of money or M2. At the time I said I no longer paid any attention to M2 because it was an obsolete measurement, but couldn’t remember why.

The reason M2 is obsolete is because it was designed to measure paper based payments like cash and cheques. Today none of these paper payments exist any more. They have been replaced by electronic online payment systems, making M2 obsolete!

madamski cafone
    Participant

“An old fogey about to be thrown to the wolves, I am not happy that Berlin Bunker parodies are sure to infiltrate the intertubes with the dear leader in a rage when told that Fauci’s vaccines failed. Disinformation is the truth.”

I wish things weren’t failing but I’m always up for one of those Hitler parodies.

madamski cafone
    Participant

WES: I wouldn’t know M2 from an M-1 carbine, but I know that the Titanic’s holds are all so bloated with financial water that the ship can hardly move and its very buoyancy is threatened.

madamski cafone
    Participant

“IOW, maybe the vaccine backfiring will make them finally start using Ivermectin-based therapies. It might be a very slim hope, as oligarchs hate being shown to be all wrong much more than they hate mass death and suffering amongst the serfs, but it’s probably our only hope.”

The serfs will be steadily growing angry. The oligarchs won’t last much longer. Things won’t get much better for us, but the oligarchs will find life… unpleasant and rather… tenuous. And what magical ingredient will the oligarchs respond to? A little thing called direct action. People walking up to city hall and firing into its windows just for the fun of it.

Why you guys place these mutant parasites on a Pedestal of Omnipotence bewilders and saddens me but no longer frightens me. Kinda givern up on fear, I haz. Now is a good time to smile. It always is. Fate will do as it does, and you can too.

Right Off!

madamski cafone
    Participant

I like how this guy says it:

bones

Oroboros
    Participant
    TAE Summary
    Participant

* Covid Daily
    – Vaccine disinformation kills
    – Cats can spread Covid
    – If you die from the Delta Variant it may be the most serious virus you’ll ever get
    – If you know what’s good for you, you’ll get the vaccine
    – Everyone will get Covid eventually; A flat curve isn’t actually a curve
    – Natural antibodies from Covid 19 will last at least until you can get vaccinated
    – Masks are comfort blankets just like straight jackets are leisure suits
    – The vaccinated spread Delta but that’s OK because they’re vaccinated
    – NIH experiment shows that masks for fetuses may stop the unborn from getting Covid 19 from the mother
    – A test on the plane is worth two in the trash
    – Kory: Everything was fine until Ivermectin was banned by dickless here

* Truths We Now Know
    – America is in prolonged organized state of conflict
    – Landscaping is dangerous
    – Journalists don’t make shit up: They digest information, absorb the useful parts and excrete the news
    – You are not a bug, you are a feature, but Valgrind may still find you and you will be refactored away
    – False emergency narrative persuades us to comply with the established power order
    – Slaves and animals will be the new money because they are durable, portable, scarce, divisible and uniform

* Aphorisms
    – Obey da TV
    – We need to take the lawlessness into our own hands
    – The rich give (to themselves), the rich take (from us), blessed be the name of the rich

* When a sea captain tells a young lass
    He’ll pay her to lie under glass
    While he sits up stairs
    And she names his wares
    Don’t do it, the man’s just an ass

* Things as they are

madamski cafone
    Participant
    madamski cafone
    Participant

“– If you die from the Delta Variant it may be the most serious virus you’ll ever get”

As opposed to that silly Laughing Influenza of 193o

Mr. Laurel Himself

madamski cafone
    Participant

Tovarisch TAE Summary:

I like how you have these directable mirrors in your hall thereof that let’s you size up a paradox on the fly and take a snapshot with a quirky caption. It’s a gift so rare and fast as to make me wonder if you’re an AI. 😉 More like a clever rascal with access to a neato AI app. Or maybe you’re a high-functioning genius autist (I say that as a possible compliment, fwiw).

In other words, you, o soul of mystery, are fricking FASCINATING.

You remind me of this song:

Out of Sight!

madamski cafone
    Participant

When a sea captain tells a young lass
    He’ll pay her to lie under glass
    While he sits up stairs
    And she names his wares
    Don’t do it, the man’s just an ass

*swoon*

madamski cafone
    Participant
    madamski cafone
    Participant

eleanor

Here’s looking at you with my own eyes, TAE. Is the E silent?

madamski cafone
    Participant

btw, oroboros, your video is unavailable. Several tries now over many hours.

Mister Roboto
    Participant

Just Another Night at TAE.

Mister Roboto
    Participant

Now that social attitudes have changed as much as they have, I don’t think I would mind as much going back to being a Smalltown Boy.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 95 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.