Debt Rattle July 5 2022

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle July 5 2022

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Author

Meanwhile, the euro fell to a 20-year low vs the USD today. Almost parity. Everythig denominated in USD -which is a lot- just got a lot more expensive. But then they can just switch to the ruble for their oil and gas, right? Well, there are a few tiny problems with that too.

Mister Roboto
    Participant

In other financial market news, “Dr. Copper”, so called for the ability of its price to diagnose the health of the real economy, has gone down in price about 25% in the past two-and-a-half months.

I just want to urge folks to reconsider “That Hideous Strength” by CS Lewis. I can’t think of a better book to capture the feeling of what’s happening (as per Naomi Wolf, for today). The destruction of nature; the perversion of what’s good and what we know; the worship of “Science”; the treachery of leaders…
    “Out of the Silent Planet” is good, too (it’s a trilogy), but “Perelandra” is tedious except for one scene: the hero sees atrocities happening, and keeps telling himself “this cannot go on! It must be stopped!”. He realizes who must stop it, and how it must be stopped.

I am as fearful of how a religious purge could come down (why think it would be directed by goodness?) as I am of the false techno-future. Rumsfeld and others shook hands with d’ evil, but the Inquisition was obviously inspirational.

Here’s how things seem to go- and I don’t doubt “AI” plays a part (though the Chinese art of war seems to have gotten “AI” down pat early on):
    The tv is pushing mental health, urging people to get help. Most of us know that there is well-founded suspicion that (like so much pharma) the “cure” causes the disease. You get a diagnosis (in the name of “wellness” go to your doctor and find out if you’re sick!). You get a drug. The drug makes you sick- usually with the symptoms of your “asymptomatic” disease. Ka ching.
    So SSRIs are suspected of causing severe mental illness- particularly in the young, pushing them towards resolute harm*. How many people take them? Okay! say the bad guys- anyone who has taken SSRIs can’t have guns. Tada!

*Just another paradox to store inside Pandora’s box.

those darned kids
    Participant

we need to build back barter.

Veracious Poet
    Participant

phoenixvoice
    Participant

“this feels directed by a non-human intelligence“

Because totalitarianism is not organized along lines that humans generally use, so it seems foreign to us.

So, for example, politicians who break the campaign promises to voters but keep promises to major donors — this is a part of the current and last hundred years (more?) of the current US political system. We may decry this, we may complain loudly of corruption — but it “makes sense.” Pushing a deadly vaccination, starting a war with nuclear Russia, cutting fossil fuel supplies, allowing the food systems to fall apart, etc., is not just corrupt — it is illogical from a typical point of view: it is lacking in common sense.

Totalitarianism is based on an idea, on ideology, excluding reality and personal experience. All logic proceeds from the idea. In Nazi-ism it was a race idea, Hitler was going to create a master race, and all was bent towards the aim. For Stalin, it was class-based — he was creating a classless society that was superior to the rest of the world, that would eventually supplant the rest of the world. There is no room for life experience or “the real world” to interfere with the ideology.

Totalitarian systems are perpetually in motion.

Arendt says that, in the long run, totalitarianism cannot endure (unlike most other political forms) because reality cannot be submerged forever. That, and with every new birth a new person is born, with new ideas, and the children are not natively part of the totalitarian system. The best way to avoid a totalitarian system from taking hold is to not let go of freedom and liberty. Of course, totalitarianism is so massively destructive that it can cause enormous strife and devastation over the course of years and decades.

citizenx
    Participant

Cheers Germ- Everyone has Vaids,-Vaids Vaids Vaids !

“My heart goes out to the vaccinated people. ”

Not mine. The Covidian Cult can’t die soon enough… I’ve experienced way too much of their insanity. No Black Magic here- but they’ve brought this upon themselves. They continue attempting to control and murder anyone who disagrees with their insanity.

Coercion, Mandates of force Vax is Rape. They are raping innocent children and forcing others. No jab= no job, no access, no rights. no my body my choice. The vaxs are poison. Fuck the Covid Cult. I will joyfully Dance on their Graves.

You analyze me, pretend to despise me
    You laugh when I stumble and fall
    There may come a day I will dance on your grave
    Unable to dance, I will crawl across it
    Unable to dance, I’ll still crawl
    Unable to dance I’ll crawl

You must really consider the circus
    ‘Cause it just might be your kind of zoo
    I can’t think of a place that’s more perfect
    For a person as perfect as you

https://imvdb.com/video/the-grateful-dead/hell-in-a-bucket

ctbarnum
    Participant

Well, somebody DID have to say it sometime. Jim Bruer finally did to my surprise. The tragedy is that it took this long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bItcoUb5xsw

Redneck
    Participant

I followed George Webb for a few weeks a couple of years ago. The experience was a bit like watching someone searching for a way out of a maze, the exit is always just around the next corner but it is never found . The “aha” , the “gotya” moment , the smoking gun never materialises , just a constant wandering and searching but never finding. I found it a very unsatisfying experience.
    Re Covid or what ever it is , here in Tassie it seems to be manifesting like a traditional flu with similar symptoms , about a week to ten days duration . Some test positive for C , some don’t , god only knows how reliable these tests are . The symptoms appear to be pretty much identical in those found positive for C and those who are not. If C had never been heard of it would just be a bad flu season. This is my take on the situation after talking to friends and family who have been or are still sick.

Grodley
    Participant

Not related to anything here today, but I think this is a great article. If, like me, you’ve spent much of your life thinking of yourself as ‘left wing’ but now feel hated by the modern left, Paul Kingsnorth has captured here just what has been happening over the last few years (since 2008?) and why nothing makes sense any more.
    https://unherd.com/2022/07/how-the-left-fell-for-capitalism/

tdk- ding ding ding ding ding!

Grodley
    Participant
    Michael Reid
    Participant

founder of The Geopolitics & Empire Podcast. With the assistance of experts from around the world, he seeks to critically analyze global affairs and is devoted to examination of the perilous truths of our time

The Hrvoje Morić Show

ezlxa1949
    Participant

There is an old Russian expression, that says “you were born where you’re in need”…

There’s always exceptions. I was born in India, at a very early age. Four months later I was in Australia where I have remained ever since, and most likely will die here from one cause or another. It’d be nice to think that Oz needed me.

Friends of ours recently got the bug. They’re both vaccinated, but only the two AZ jabs. No boosters. Both recovered with no apparent ill effects after about a week. Hard to know if their jabs helped or not. Neither wants any more vaccines; they’re fed up with them.

It’s becoming obvious here that the vaccines don’t work but it’s also obvious that they’re being pushed and pushed regardless, only THOSE vaccines and we see little or no news of different vaccines being developed and used. Keep doing the same thing and expecting a different result.

I rather agree with Naomi Wolf and Jeff Wells: there IS something non-human about how this entire drama is being directed. Why not call it for what it is: demonic?

aspnaz
    Participant

@my parents said know said:

the worship of “Science”

There is no worship of science. The people selling the Covid authoritarian doctrine use science as a crutch because they know that the average person respects science but does not respect authoritarian bureaucrats.

By clinging to science they hope to steal some of that credibility. The problem that most people have is that they respect science but no nothing about it, so they are now lost.

ctbarnum
    Participant

aspnaz
    Participant

All this talk of a higher intelligence is simply not justified. Blackrock and Vanguard are part of a cartel pushing ESG – the business variant of green destruction – and because they are so powerful – they manage huge quantities of money – they can push banks and other financial institutions into complying with their wishes. They do this by blacklisting any organisations or countries that invest in companies, investments, give loans etc, that do not comply with their ESG wishes.

This is a very simple process: JP Morgan’s client wants to be included in such-and-such fund, but Blackrock runs the fund and only allows companies that meet the ESG standards. Blackrock will tell JP Morgan what their client has to do to be included in the fund, Blackrock will also decide if they can be included. This has nothing to do with being green, even oil companies are included in some ESG funds, it is about being obedient. The oil companies will only be allowed to invest in other ESG companies if they want to retain their ESG rating.

Countries will be compliant when banks like JP Morgan refuse to service a loan to the IMF because the IMF decided to not attach ESG strings to a loan. No amazing intelligence is required, just control over the supply of money. Now, if these people did not control so much money, then the higher intelligence moniker might be justified, but this is just the mafia extorting the smaller guy, the same old shit that has been happening forever, this is capitalism at its worst: mafia capitalism.

Figmund Sreud
    Participant

Someone mentioned “moving to Russia” earlier. And so, here is a let me count all the ways version by Dimitri Orlov (c. 2014):

Moving to Russia?
    Moving to Russia?

F.S.

Figmund Sreud
    Participant

Someone mentioned “moving to Russia” earlier. And so, here is a let me count all the ways version by Dimitri Orlov (c. 2014):

Moving to Russia?
    Moving to Russia?

F.S.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.