Debt Rattle July 6 2023

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle July 6 2023

Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    thomasjkenney
    Participant

@Michael Reid re: low-profile wind generators – NICE!

I saw a video 15+ yrs ago of a set of turbines installed on a roof in a big city. They were horizontal, like rows of long rabbit hutches, box structure with chicken wire covering. Inside, the blade assemblies were long, helical, horizontal, with a few bearings for support, and the generator at one end.

Solar relies on materials the average Joe can’t get, and machines that require infrastructure and an army of employees. An electric motor/generator is something a good blacksmith can knock together in a weekend. As for batteries, Helms Pumped Storage Plant is a battery. This can be done with any size container, or with dry counterweights on a chain…whatever.

Oroboros
    Participant

If carrots could scream

As the vegan rips the tender carrot out of the virgin organic soil, the carrot is screaming in agony

“PPPLEASE DON”T KILL ME, PLEASE DON”T EAT ME”

Luckily carrots don’t scream.

WES
    Participant

It looks like Russian hackers may have recently hacked their way into the Ukrainian government’s main citizens data base, wiping it clean, to help the Ukrainian MoD’s efforts in finding more Ukrainian cannon fodder.

It is reported that Ukrainian press gangs are now getting 80% of their new recruits by invading private homes, as easy prey on the streets is rapidly becoming scarce.

WES
    Participant

thomasjkenney:

About “knocking together a motor/generator in a weekend” thingy!

Not so simple and a weekend isn’t long enough!

Most existing motors or generators that you have lying around the house don’t make for very good or efficient generators for wind power projects.

I have built a wind turbine generator from scratch and I went through an awful pile of weekends! Only to discover how noisy they are! If I had actually gone ahead and set up my wind turbine, I would have been quickly voted off the island!

Hopefully Michael’s small vertical turbines are quieter and he has no close neighbors!

thomasjkenney
    Participant

@WES re: efficiency, agree. Wind would not be an early use of ‘cobbled’ generators. Start with water power, as humans originally did when horsie wasn’t enough. Then refine, refine, refine…and voila! technology again. Even if you can’t get electrons on the first shot, belt-drive systems are a great environment to refine bearings and such, boosting metallurgy.

Dora
    Participant

Peter McCullough. (note that now Daily Skeptic article isn’t loading on my browser, on none of my browsers.)

Peter A. McCullough, MD, MPH™
    @P_McCulloughMD

5h
    “Thanks to Daily Skeptic for quick work–posted full censored paper by Lancet! “Lancet Study on Covid Vaccine Autopsies Finds 74% Were Caused by Vaccine – Journal Removes Study Within 24 Hours”–Will Jones 6 July 2023 1:28 PM ”

https://gettr.com/post/p2lczq7704e

John Day
    Participant

Go jb-hb!
    Go Christians!
    Go Job Opportunity!
    Go Unvaccinated”
    🙂

DBS to MR: And here I was thinking- what a beautiful, wild piece of wetlands!

jb-hb
    Participant

John Day – thank you most kindly!

Micheal Reed – supercool wind generators. I had an idea years ago, not so much power storage as perhaps a capacitor to smooth out wind fluctuation – what if wind turbines were attached to a pump that pushed water up into a water tower that had a generator turbine on its outlet?

I doubt the numbers work out for significant storage, but I always wondered if it could be a chemical battery-less way of smoothing out power fluctuations from wind.

One thousand, nay, a million voices full of fear. And terror possessed me then. And I begged, “Angel of the Lord, what are these tortured screams?”
    And the angel said unto me, “These are the cries of the carrots. The cries of the carrots. You see, Reverend Maynard, tomorrow is harvest day and to them it is the holocaust”.

Dr. D
    Participant

“Horowitz: Now that government COVID malfeasance is exposed, what will the GOP do about it?”

Give them a medal, I would expect. Always worked before.

WES
    Participant

Michael:

If the prevailing wind sweeps across the water before reaching your vertical wind turbines, you might want to experiment with putting your rows perpendicular to the wind and offset so no turbine is operating in turbulence directly behind another turbine. You could also place them in a step pattern so each suceeding row is about 2 feet higher than the previous row.

Also if you raise the height of the turbines, it probably a good idea not to raise them above what you can comfortable see and reach for inspecting, cleaning ice/snow, and doing any other maintenance required, safely especially during the winter months.

I am curious as to what type of bearings the vertical shaft uses. Brass bushings or sealed roller bearings because vertical shaft bearing are susceptible to moisture. Maybe the bearings have a seal like on a electric motor shaft going into a water pump as protection? Or if not, maybe you can make a simple light coned washer out of a clear PET plastic pop bottle to help shield the vertical shaft bearing from moisture (cut one side so it can easily be slipped on and off drive shaft)?

How well is the generator protected from the elements? Maybe you can easily put a used clear PET plastic pop bottle around the generator (cut one side to slip on and off) for additional protection (with bottom cut out to not trap moisture).

I will be curious as how your project plays out as usually these things are a new learning experience! Will there be any shrouds to funnel more wind to the turbines blades?

Also curious to the wattage of each generator? Will you be putting all the generators in parallel or some combination of series and parallel to boost the voltage if you have a long cable run or if your house batteries are 24 vdc or maybe 48 vdc?

zerosum
    Participant

A little baggy of cocaine
    Cameras didn’t see anything.
    Location unknown, first library then busy traffic area, and finally near at a entrance for only special people.
    It could not have been a known addict.
    Will the baggy have finger prints?
    Everybody is protecting Hunter.
    Except me …. someone wants/trying to pin it Hunter.
    This is a diversion by a magician.
    The President will pardon Hunter before he gets to court.
    🙂

Celticbiker
    Participant

Rabbi Sneerson, who considered himelf a messiah, the chabad luvavitch head honcho, talked way back in the 90’s about a war between US and Russia. in Ukraine, These fuckers are long term planners and they have the money to enact the plans. Sneerson died choking on his own shit,, which proves to you, there is a God. Don’t believe me? Look it up. The whole point of vaccination was to kill every non jew amelek motherfucker walking the face of this earth. Sometimes the truth is too ugly to behold.

Michael Reid
    Participant

@ DBS

I agree with chainsaw mowing but Dad was too concerned with maximum productivity at time of building.

I will mow the site

Michael Reid
    Participant

@ WES

? Breeze
    ? Raising the height

I live in one of the most windy places in the world.

Not concerned but appreciate your perspective
    having lived in Ontario for half my life.

Michael Reid
    Participant

@ TJK

The turbines are supposed to be low noise
    with a low bird kill rate

They spin like a merry go round

Michael Reid
    Participant

@ WES

Wind turbine specs are:

14.5 V MAX
    400 W
    27.6 A

Start windspeed: 4.5 MPH = 7.2 KPH
    Rated windspeed 26.8 MPH = 43.2 KPH
    Safe windspeed 100.6 MPH = 162 KPH

Michael Reid
    Participant

@ MPSK

Yes it is a beautilful wilderness with
    moose, caribou, rabbits, ptarmigan
    and salmon in the river

Michael Reid
    Participant

@ WES

Each turbine is mounted on 2 inch outside diameter stainless steel pole.

You could make the poles higher but there is so much wind here that I minimized cost and selected 2 foot pole mounts.

Yes my 12 volt turbines will be properly connected to my 24 volt battery bank with DC breakers and correct ampacity wire

MR- Then maybe mow it but don’t change the ecosystem? Nearly all of those scrubby plants I see are pretty happy adapting to thriving under twelve inches.
    Plant blueberries?

zerosum
    Participant

Did you know?

NATO’s Scorched Earth in Ukraine

July 5, 2023

The forthcoming NATO Summit in Vilnius on July 11-12 seems already infected by a strange policy fatalism, writes Tony Kevin.

Hope of a policy breakthrough in Vilnius, Lithuania towards peace in Ukraine, spearheaded by the war-weary East Europeans, seems to have drained away.

There is general acceptance in NATO that the Ukrainian summer offensives in Zaporizhie and again now in Bakhmut have failed to dent Russian defences, with horrific mortality in Ukrainian manpower and enormous destruction of Western-supplied equipment.

The West seems content to let Zelensky go on wasting Ukraine’s increasingly scarce military-age men in a process described by writer Raúl Ilargi Meijer as NATO’s assisted suicide of the Ukrainian nation.

The NATO unspoken strategy seems to be: we know Russia is inevitably winning in Ukraine, but we will make sure we and our Kiev proxies destroy as much as possible of Ukraine’s manpower and national wealth before Russia takes control of the country.

The Kakhovka dam is gone, and what is left of Zaporizhie Nuclear Power Plant seems increasingly at risk of West-assisted Ukrainian sabotage. These two huge assets were the pivots of Ukraine’s industrial and agricultural potential and wealth.

When Russia wins political control over the ruined land of Ukraine, and after it repudiates Western carpetbagging claims to asset ownership there, it will face a huge rebuilding job, comparable to the situation the Soviet Union faced in Ukraine after the 1944-45 vengeful scorched-earth actions by the retreating Nazi divisions.

Meanwhile, Germany under its supine Scholz leadership is de-industrialising, following the loss of cheap Russian gas after the U.S.-conducted sabotage of the Baltic pipelines. German industrialists are taking their capital, management skills and intellectual property elsewhere. France is riven by serious rioting. The EU is distracted and aimless. Western Europe is shrinking in global influence.

NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg, left, with German Chancellor Olaf Scholz in Berlin, January 18, 2021. (NATO, Flickr)

In the U.S., only the military-industrial-information complex is doing well. Infrastructure continues to decay. The middle class is eroding and confused. The Democrats are the party of liberal imperialism and the Republicans are still riven between warmongers and America-first nationalist Trumpians. Who knows who will be the next U.S. president, and if he or she can arrest America’s relative decline.

Russia steadily makes reputational headway in what it now describes as the Global Majority (what used to be the Global South). There is an increasingly long queue of governments seeking to join BRICS and the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO).

The Russia-China strategic alliance is the linchpin of this growing robust and intellectually confident ideology of multipolarity which is attracting the attention of serious governments around the world.

Russia’s task is to win in Ukraine, as it is doing, but without destroying its reputation with China and the Global Majority.

Russia is bringing down the curtain on 320 years since Peter the Great began trying to make Russia a member of European-Anglophone Club. Russia will never trust the West again.

The history of Western diplomatic treachery during the last 32 years since the 1991 end of Soviet Communism has shown Russians that the U.S.-U.K. agenda was always about much more than defeating Communism: it was about expanding American global hegemony and breaking up Russia as a competing world civilisational state.

There is enough evidence now to satisfy the Global Majority that U.S. regime change and controlling operations in Ukraine since 2013 have been above all cynically aimed at weakening and destabilising Russia. Remembering their own viciously exploited colonial history, the Global Majority are glad these Western efforts are failing.

The Vilnius NATO meeting will produce no new miracles of salvation for the doomed Kiev regime. There will be a lot of tired rhetoric about continuing to defend democratic Ukraine.

Nobody – speakers or listeners – will believe it .

Post Views: 7,185

Dora
    Participant

Kory.

Dr. D
    Participant

Quite the opposite, Celtic: the state they most control, Israel, has +90% vaccine rate, and ONLY on the Jewish population. The Palestinians prosper and displace.

That goes for the rest of the world such as my home nation of the United States: excessive uptake of vaccines were in Urban areas, which are essentially the only homes of Jews, among Democrats, which are the Party most favored by Jews here, and among the other demographics, such as, College-educated cadre, doctors, medical people, and the laptop class.

So essentially if you believe the vaccines are at all dangerous or inadvisable, you could not possibly target Jews for extinction any harder.

But I was wondering whether to build a computer macro for your comments, that simply says, “@ CelticBiker: Not Jews.”

Still, this is about data and reason, not a personal attack. I think your argument lacks foundation and merit. Carry on.

aspnaz
    Participant

@Celticbiker They sent “harmless” batches of vaccines to some countries, “semi-deadly” batches to others and “very deadly” batches to others. You need to find out which countries were receiving the harmless ones and which were taking the deadly ones. Just because Israel and Democrats took the vaccines does not mean that they were targeted for death, they may have just been given the harmless batches, so you need to did deeper to discover their intent according to the batches. I do not know the answers to those questions, but you can bet that the governments involved will be spreading false information, so it will be a tough hill to climb. Dr D is ignoring this detail in order to make a point, he does that sometimes.

Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.