Debt Rattle June 1 2022

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle June 1 2022

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • Author

Pierre-Auguste Renoir Riding in the Bois de Boulogne (Madame Henriette Darras or The Ride) 1873   • The FBI Maintains a Workspace Inside the Law
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle June 1 2022]

Germ
    Participant

” Here, we present a rare case where encephalopathy, myocarditis, and thrombocytopenia developed simultaneously following the second dose of Pfizer-BioNTech mRNA vaccine (BNT162b2).”

All three? – We call that a “hat trick”!

https://www.jni-journal.com/article/S0165-5728(22)00078-9/fulltext

“Rare”! –

Haha. 🤡🤡🤡

V. Arnold
    Participant

If I can get just one of you to read this wonderful story, my day is good.

I read it. Wonderful story.
    I had initially read about Justo Gallego Martínez many years ago…I’d forgotten about him…thanks for this update… 🙂

Around 15,000 suspected war crimes have been reported in Ukraine since the war began, with 200 to 300 more reported daily, its chief prosecutor said.

How many came from the crazy lady they themselves just fired. It’s just the Ukr version of Nina Jankowicz, isn’t it? What a world…

V. Arnold
    Participant

Pierre-Auguste Renoir Riding in the Bois de Boulogne (Madame Henriette Darras or The Ride) 1873

A vanity portraiture?
    I don’t much like it; Madame Henriette Darras’ horse is poorly drawn…IMHO…

Ha ha. But it’s a Renoir! Q: why does the horse on the left have 6 legs?

Dr. D
    Participant

“Chicago ‘Mass Shootings’? 52 Shot, 10 Killed over Memorial Day Weekend”

No interest. Another decade goes by, one deadly weekend at a time. Hey, maybe they should try gun control! I hear that’s working great in Baltimore, NYC, and L.A.

Same thing in Toronto. A couple cidiots can’t hold their liquor and guns are outlawed for every rural Canuck who’s been responsible for generations. When Trudeau posted it, the immediate comment was the video of a snowmobiler being charged by a bull moose in Canada. Gee, why does a nation filled with grizzy bears, polar bears, and bull moose need handguns? Not being a man, Trudeau will never know.

And why would they need to be 9mm and above, Biden asks. No one needs that for personal defense. So the Secret Service is changing out to .22lr and BB guns. I mean, if they are too much for personal protection, it starts at home, right?

<sigh>

Typical, garden variety tyranny. Rules don’t apply to me, I’m special. If one person does something, everybody gets punished. Thinking of France’s Nazi occupation, where a couple Resistance attacks then had whole towns shot in a ditch. Great for morale, but totally expected. Stupid is as stupid does. People won’t believe until it happens to them personally, then they’re too down low to fight.

Russians finish taking Luhansk, which will shortly free up thousands of more men for use elsewhere. If I were them, I’d put out “we’re losing” narratives to the press on purpose. They’re so far up each other’s -sses, they sniff their own farts and it makes them astonishingly complacent and disoriented. It’s like Kryptonite to narcissists to pretend you’re weak to them while mining and tunneling, they can’t stop preening and talking about how great they are like Dr. Evil. Keep them talking about their master plan…

It’s really amazing these guys win anything with such glaring weaknesses. What does that say about the rest of us that we play along?

Oh, and on the war front, “Massive Fire Breaks out at Poultry Farm that Supplies Eggs to Major Supermarkets” Probably hit by a small plane after a train derailed.

Every action hits only the food system. Protect yourself.

On the other front, EU says they’re looking into Price Controls on Russian energy. Uh, sure! If you don’t want the energy. Russia isn’t going to give it to you for free. …Watch their actions, is “We’re going to get this for free” not their go-to assumption for a year now? If not 3 decades? “Yeah, sorry, we’re useless and broke, can’t pay/won’t pay, too busy playing on our iPhones. …Whaddya mean you won’t ship gas and nickel to us for free??? We’re going to attack you with the army we don’t have since we were too busy going broke and playing on our iPhones to notice.” …Thank God. Or there actually WOULD be a war.

Janet Yellen: “I was wrong.” Okay then, you’re fired and we’re clawing back your back salary and donating it to the poor. And arresting all the Fed officials for insider trading. What, no? I guess nobody is actually mad then.

And no discussion at all about how it’s really Covid that killed all these people. That is, their unnecessary lockdowns that the WHO and CDC say didn’t work. …Which is why they’re doing them again. Lockdowns required printing…well, who can count the trillions, really? And that printing caused hyperinflation like every other time in history. Hyperinflation then causes death like every other time in history, so the lockdowns that didn’t work killed more people than Covid itself.

…Like I said, although taking huge red X on being wrong with the timing. YEARS delay. Nevertheless, here we are, “Covid” causes supply chain breaks, no supplies, shortages, high prices, and…pretty shortly here, death. Mostly via crime, I expect, not starvation per se.

It was all completely illegal. No laws were passed. So I’m more after St. Fauci right now than Yellen, although dozens of easily proven felonies and even broad civil rights violations were committed by both.

“The FBI Maintains a Workspace Inside the Law Firm of Perkins Coie (CTH) “

Yup. And were acquitted of even the smallest wrongdoing.

“ Who Is John Durham Targeting Next? (ET)”

Did he target them the first time? Or “Oopsie” the trial to make sure it would fail? With no double-jeopardy. Why would I assume a guy plays patty-cake and won’t can’t convict is the good guy?

Ukraine Official Fired over Handling of Russian Sexual Assault Claims (NW)”

No wonder Ukraine is the 51st state: they spoke, therefore they lied. How American of them.

“Europe Now Cheats or Suffers (Vilches)”

So Europe is going to cut the gas on themselves going into the winter. Good plan. Of course they are genociding the poor. Which was their plan all along, so it’s #Winning. And they can blame Russia. Death everywhere, what’s not to like?

Reminding I’m sure you all know, refineries are very specific and it takes huge time and stunning money to adjust them. So refusing Urals will likely sideline the refineries, perhaps permanently. Then it’s inefficient to buy in the completely wrong crude, so Europe will buy in finished petrol and diesel instead. That will backlog every other refinery on earth. China then gets the world’s biggest discount, while Europe pays 5x for what they used to get at market. With certain shortages. This will then pile on according to money, so Europe may drain itself overpaying for no reason, not hurting Russia in the slightest, but will shut off fuel throughout Africa and the 3rd world, or what remains of that former institution, now evolving into the Global South.

So: Lose, lose. Lose lose lose. And Lose Ukraine, which is lost already. Europeans will take anything, though. Like any alcoholic, abusive family, we just don’t discuss. They will die for the lie, rather than admit. Let things get to continent-wide crisis, as they do every 80 years for generations long before Napoleon. They love it! Or they wouldn’t keep doing it with such murderous dedication.

Oh and two things you also know: Oil is the master resource. It isn’t like losing the hazelnut market. Two, Energy is like 99% correlated with national GDP. Energy = GDP. So no energy in Germany? That’s right, no GDP. No factories, no business, no bread as Finland found out. No food on lorries, no down comforters moving ‘cause your house won’t be heated from October to May. What is “money” going to do for you then? Almost nothing.

Complete. Civilizational. Suicide.

You do you. We’ll be smoking crack and shooting guns and won’t notice. Don’t put yourselves out on our account.

Inside a Biden White House Adrift (NBC)”

Speaking of smoking crack. But the news here is NBC reports it. That hasn’t happened since I was a child. Probably the day after Project Mockingbird. Oh: Most popular President in American history! 80 million votes, 4 million more votes than voters.

Their solution, and the sole focus of NBC? “No woman or person of color has ever been the White House chief of staff since the position was created after World War II.”

That’s right, Behold the power of Melanin!!! One person of melanin, and Poof! 20% inflation and no baby formula, losing WWIII after blowing $60B in weapons to goatherders, all gone!!!

Because: race! Some races are superior to others. And what sort of people, parties, news organizations advocate choosing, promoting, thinking about people based solely on race and not merit? Would that be, “racist ones”? I’m just saying if you flap your arms and quack like a duck…

“47 African Nations Have Blocked the WHO Amendments (SB)“

5 of them had instant mysterious deaths last time. But they have melanin so nobody listens to what they say, their opinions don’t matter, and their Science isn’t real. In fact, we should probably kick them out of the White House Press Corp. So say the Administration!

V. Arnold
    Participant

Raúl Ilargi Meijer

Ha ha. But it’s a Renoir! Q: why does the horse on the left have 6 legs?

Ha ha ha indeed…
    Shitty artist? Beats me…

chooch
    Participant

Interesting,

Peak to trough ~90 days
    Peak to peak ~180 days

John Day
    Participant

I finally got a picture out of the kitchen cabinetry I’m completely reinforcing and installing. Y’all have seen a lot of these stories, and the forest, not just the trees. Practical Matters
    https://drjohnsblog.substack.com/p/practical-matters?s=w

A lot more than $1 trillion would be needed. The problem is that Europe is barely squeezing by on plentiful , high-grade Russian fuel from pipelines, and borrowing money. There is no direct replacement for Russian oil, and there will not be. Gas might be piped from Iran and Qatar some day, but the empire is blocking that by destroying Syria until it can control such a pipeline. German industry will close down. Will it take 10 years to realize this? Maybe people already know…
    The EU Needs More Than $1 Trillion For Plan To Ditch Russian Oil And Gas
    https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/The-EU-Needs-More-Than-1-Trillion-For-Plan-To-Ditch-Russian-Oil-And-Gas.html

Viktor Orban in Hungary knows, and says so. Other EU members may be breathing a sigh of partial relief now.
    EU To Block Seaborne Russian Oil Deliveries, Not Pipeline, To Satisfy Hungary
    https://www.zerohedge.com/energy/eu-block-seaborne-russian-oil-deliveries-not-pipeline-satisfy-hungary

Professor Ugo Bardi: The Age of Exterminations VIII — How to Destroy Western Europe
    (The very short summary is that there will be mass deindustrialization, freezing and starvation in Europe without Russian oil and gas. All of the population increases afforded by coal, oil and fertilizers will revert to the pre-industrial status-quo.)
    https://thesenecaeffect.blogspot.com/2022/05/the-age-of-extermination-viii-how-to.html

chooch
    Participant

4/1 – Izyum (retreated)
    4/18 – Kremennays (retreated)
    5/8 – Popasnaya (retreated)
    5/12 – Rubezhnoye (retreated)
    5/20 – Mariupol (surrendered)
    Soon- Severodonetsk (in retreat)

With the battle for Severodonetsk becoming a lost cause, the Ukrainians seem determined to get as much ranged weaponry as possible for a significant attempt to degrade Russian forces from a distance. Then what, guerrilla style warfare behind the Donbas line?

It’s debatable (could be intentional) but the Russians have not been able to dominate the air over the battlefield so by and large we have witnessed a reliance on massive artillery barrages to take these towns and cities.

Did Russia really plan for this bloody war of attrition? Russia may be counting on to a long war to test the West’s true commitment to Ukraine’s defense & ability to reclaim its territory.

It’s seems like a frozen conflict is a probability and then east/west Ukraine? Somehow I suspect Putin wants more than that, maybe not all of Ukraine, but certainly Kyiv, preferably in tact not reduced to rubble.

John Day
    Participant

Russian nationalist, Vladimir Putin has a wholehearted economic ally in Iran, which has been crippled by 40 years of western economic sanctions. (He still needs the Russian oligarchs, and he needs Chinese banks and businesses, not just Xi’s speeches. Turkey is also ready to do business, but Erdogan is fickle and scheming.)
    The Sanctioned Ones: How Iran-Russia are setting new rules , Pepe Escobar
    ..The EAEU, inaugurated in 2015 with five full members – Russia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Belarus and Armenia – represents a market of 184 million people and a collective GDP of over $5 trillion. The next step with Iran will be to implement a full free trade agreement, possibly before the end of the year, according to Iranian deputy trade minister Alireza Peymanpak. Egypt, Indonesia and the UAE are also candidates to strike deals with the EAEU…
    ..Slowly but surely, the new RIC (Russia-Iran-China) – as opposed to the old RIC in BRICS (Russia-India-China) – is attempting to integrate their financial systems. Iran is a matter of national security strategy for China, as an energy provider and essential partner of the Belt and Road Initiative (BRI) in West Asia.
    Russia-China, though, is a much more complex matter. Extremely fearful of provoking US sanctions, Chinese banks are refraining – at least for the moment – to increase their deals with Russian banks…
    ..The Bank of China and the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC) have restricted financing for Russian commodities. Even the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB), absolutely essential for sustainable development projects, linked or not with BRI, decided to freeze all lending to Russia and Belarus in early March to “safeguard” its “financial integrity.”… As it stands, the Mir card is still not accepted in Iran, but that’s about to change – just as in Turkey, which this summer will start accepting Mir card payments from legions of Russian tourists. What this means in practice is that Russia and Iran will be connecting their banks to the System for Transfer of Financial Messages (SPFS), the Russian equivalent to SWIFT. The Chinese will obviously be examining how seamlessly the transition works. Now compare all of the above with the prospect that soon there won’t be any SWIFT at all, as Mastercard CEO Michael Miebach let slip in Davos… The Russia-Iran front has been fast evolving since January this year, when Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi, on a visit to Moscow, handed a draft agreement to Putin on strategic cooperation for the next 20 years, building on “the very good experience of cooperation between Iran and Russia in Syria in combating terrorism,” and expanding to “economy, politics, culture, science, technology, defense, and military spheres, as well as security and space issues.” …

..The bottom line is that on the JCPOA, Tehran and Moscow are in sync: “We are what they call on edge, and it could happen very quickly if the political decision is made.” (by the US) https://thesaker.is/the-sanctioned-ones-how-iran-russia-are-setting-new-rules/

Russian oil exports to India jump 25x

India has come under fire from the West for its continued purchases of Russian oil. However, New Delhi has rebuffed the criticism, saying those imports make up a fraction of the country’s overall needs. Authorities also said India will keep buying “cheap” Russian oil as a sudden stop could drive up costs for its consumers. Previous media reports have indicated that the world’s third-biggest oil importer was seeking Russian crude at less than $70 a barrel to compensate for additional hurdles caused by sanctions.

https://www.rt.com/business/556345-russian-oil-exports-jump-india/

Here is a headline, which is no surprise, but also an important point about making military deals with the US. (The whole world needs Taiwanese chip factories to stay in production.)

Washington ‘Taking Lessons’ From Ukraine to Turn Taiwan Into Anti-China ‘Porcupine’: Report
    At the same time as Washington has encouraged Taipei to increase purchases of American-made military equipment, billions of dollars’ worth of weapons already bought and paid for remain undelivered. Last month, Defense News calculated that the US had shipped just 16 percent of the weapons Taiwan ordered in 2019, with COVID blamed for the $14.2 billion backlog, which includes F-16 fighters, replacement parts for Patriot missile systems, and other equipment. Earlier this month, Taipei announced that the US howitzers it had ordered had been “crowded out” by Ukraine. https://sputniknews.com/20220525/washington-taking-lessons-from-ukraine-to-turn-taiwan-into-anti-china-porcupine-report-1095774805.html

John Day
    Participant

Russia has complex and ongoing frenemy relationships with Israel and Turkey. Right now, Syria is getting clobbered as these countries see how far they can push the bear and gain advantage while Russia is occupied in Europe.

Israel is not the only foreign power escalating against Syria. Turkey is also attempting to take advantage of the Ukrainian conflict, which is keeping Russia busy and the US in need of all of its NATO allies.
    On May 23, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said that Ankara will launch a new military operation in Syria against Kurdish forces, mainly the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF), in an effort to link up two areas already under Turkish control in the northern and northeastern regions of the country.
    Erdogan said the operation would aim to resume Turkish efforts to create a 30 kilometers “safe zone” along its border with Syria.
    SDF-held Minaq will likely be one of the main targets of any upcoming operation against the SDF, along with the towns of Tell Rifaat and Manbij in the northern Aleppo countryside and the town of Kobane in the governorate’s northeastern countryside. Several units of the Syrian Arab Army (SAA) and the Russian Military Police are present near all of these towns.
    On May 25, the Turkish military deployed massive reinforcements in the areas held by its proxies.
    On the same day, a series of Turkish artillery strikes targeted towns and villages held by the SDF in the northern Aleppo countryside, the northern Raqqa countryside and the northern countryside of al-Hasakah.
    A new operation against the SDF in Syria could boost the chances of Erdogan and his party, the Justice and Development party, in the upcoming Turkish elections in 2023.
    Overall, it appears that Syria will experience a new phase of violence this summer as regional powers are attempting to secure points in the war-torn country before the conflict in Ukraine reaches its end. https://southfront.org/israel-and-turkey-escalate-against-syria/

“Freeing the slaves”? Russia supports African peoples in their demand for complete decolonization — Lavrov
    Russia played a leading role in the decolonization of Africa and it supports the Africans in their demand for the full liberation of the continent from colonialism, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said at a reception on the occasion of Africa Day for the ambassadors of African countries accredited in Russia in Moscow on Wednesday. https://tass.com/politics/1455785?utm

In a rare show of African power and solidarity, several African member states objected to proposed International Health Regulations amendments, discussed at the World Health Assembly 75 this week – a move many believe might shake up the World Health Organization’s dominance.
    A well placed source shared: “The resolution on IHR amendments was not passed at the WHA, as African countries were concerned that there was inadequate consultation amongst member states, and the process was being rushed. Botswana read the statement on behalf of the 47 AFRO members and I was personally present.”
    Africa objects to US proposal on controversial IHR (WHO) amendments

John Day
    Participant

Naomi Wolf realizes that some of us have never been speaking figuratively about mass human culling, as Pfizer-FDA communications keep revealing that the knew all along that these products were killing and sterilizing women and children and causing abortions, as well as killing and impairing all of those other people.
    Dear Friends, Sorry to Announce a Genocide
    It’s Really True: They Know they are Killing the Babies
    The truth is: I’ve been rendered almost speechless — or the literary equivalent of that — because recently I’ve had the unenviable task of trying to announce to the world that indeed, a genocide — or what I’ve called, clumsily but urgently, a “baby die-off” — is underway…
    ..And now, the babies are dying. Now scale the data from Canada, Scotland and Israel to all the vaccinated nations in the world.
    What do we do with all of this?
    Knowing as I now do, that Pfizer and the FDA knew that babies were dying and mothers’ milk discoloring by just looking at their own internal records; knowing as I do that they did not alert anyone let alone stop what they were doing, and that to this day Pfizer, the FDA and other demonic “public health” entities are pushing to MRNA-vaccinate more and more pregnant women; now that they are about to force this on women in Africa and other lower income nations who are not seeking the MRNA vaccines, per Pfizer CEO Bourla this past week at the WEF, and knowing that Pfizer is pushing and may even receive a US EUA for babies to five year olds — I must conclude that we are looking into an abyss of evil not seen since 1945.
    So I don’t know about you, but I must switch gears with this kind of unspeakable knowledge to another kind of discourse.
    https://naomiwolf.substack.com/p/dear-friends-sorry-to-announce-a?s=r

Worse Than the Disease? Reviewing Some Possible Unintended Consequences of the mRNA Vaccines Against COVID-19
    https://dpbh.nv.gov/uploadedFiles/dpbhnvgov/content/Boards/BOH/Meetings/2021/SENEFF~1.PDF

Determinants of COVID-19 Vaccine-Induced Myocarditis Requiring Hospitalization
    Conclusions: Among those with COVID-19 vaccine-induced myocarditis, the majority were hospitalized, and the independent predictors of hospitalization were age, male gender, positive troponin, and ST-segment elevation on the ECG. Temporal proximity of reporting to injection date and significantly higher reporting rates of cardiac troponin, electrocardiogram ST segment elevation and abnormal C-reactive proteins in young individuals (12-18) in the context of myocarditis requiring hospitalization indicate that these particular pathognomonic markers may be linked to incipient heart failure whereby the injury due to the injection is the reason for the hospitalization, and should always be measured and used as diagnostic markers for COVID-19 vaccine-induced myocarditis.
    https://zenodo.org/record/6564414#.YpOuqMPMLtR

Kevin Barrett and Helen Buyniski, with transcript…
    So many terrorist-response and pandemic drills have “gone live”.
    Monkeypox Biowar Smoking Guns?
    An incendiary conversation with HelenOfDestroy
    https://kevinbarrett.substack.com/p/monkeypox-biowar-smoking-guns?s=r

John Day
    Participant

@Chooch: Russia is de-Nazifying and de-militarizing Ukraine as long as the Nazis and military keep presenting themselves to Russian artillery. It’s a sad form of cooperation, with many middle-aged conscripts sitting in trenches in the meat-grinder.

Armenio Pereira
    Participant

I remember when infections were transmitted by small critters: fleas, mosquitoes, the sort. Then came the bats, pangolins, and now monkeys. What’s next? Giraffe herpes? Whale mumps?

chooch
    Participant

John,

That’s certainly what Putin would want everyone to believe. Just changing my focal length. It appears there are Nazis being lead by war criminals on both sides.

In Luongo recent commentary he asks, “What would you do to survive? To protect your family? Your position? Your conception of yourself? Everyone’s morality has limits.”

When I was “doom scrolling” the other day I came across a video of a line Ukrainian soldier pinned down in a trench being fired upon by a group of Russian soldiers. All human, someone’s brother?son? father? Yet all convinced the other is less than human.

How do you get to be that guy in trench? The ones firing upon him? The guy holding the camera? Could I have found myself in such a situation had I made different choices in my youth? Will I find myself in such a situation in the future?

Dr D Rich
    Participant

“In the internal trials, there were over 42,000 adverse events and more than 1200 people died. Four of the people who died, died on the day they were injected”

Let that last sentence sink in doctors and nurses.

PRIVACY, FREE WILL, AND THE WORLD WIDE WEB
    The greatest right is privacy.
    It is the one most jealously guarded by the privileged: they have it- you don’t. This is why tyrants snoop, and why the snoops must be controlled by the tyrants. It was inevitable that the State and business would merge, as business collects data (aka: your private information).
    Privacy is the right you gave up when you annexed a smart phone to your arm. It’s the one violated by “data collection”.
    It is the one most viciously attacked by the plandemic; it’s the one digital currency most threatens.

Without privacy you can’t relax. If you can’t relax, you will be paranoid, anxious, depressed.
    The Web filled a need to associate but- unlike old-fashioned human connection which implied loyalty and discretion- Web association is not private (unless you are privileged- this is why loyalty is so strong among the privileged).

The only solution I can see to the current situation- which is a dire as humanity has ever faced- is to detach that phone. At this juncture, you have the free will to do so- but it is fast slipping away.
    Carry it only when you need it. Turn it off until you use it. Be wary around those who won’t detach from it. Be brave, and get rid of it altogether.

I lamented when I was required to have a credit card to do certain things. I saw what was coming. I still don’t own a smart phone, and my flip phone is now dead. The smartphone still gives carrots, which deplorables don’t deserve, so the embedded chip is coming soon. They will carry the sticks.

The coming civil wars will be the Connected vs the Unconnected.
    Funny- it’s always been that way. It’s only the tech that has changed.

Okay- sorry this line of thought became a bit scrambled. This is when I would normally try to condense it into a ditty. I’ll work on it.

The extra legs are the legs of the larger horse- which is not well-drawn, as mentioned. Her horse is frothing- fix the damned bit, lady!

John Day
    Participant

“Gaslighted Me With Psy-Ops”

willem
    Participant

“So refusing Urals will likely sideline the refineries, perhaps permanently. Then it’s inefficient to buy in the completely wrong crude, so Europe will buy in finished petrol and diesel instead. That will backlog every other refinery on earth. China then gets the world’s biggest discount, while Europe pays 5x for what they used to get at market. With certain shortages…”

What I’d be interested in seeing is how the next World War between The West and The Rest goes. The West and its new All Electric Military should be a smashing success.

zerosum
    Participant

The whole truth and nothing but the truth (as defined by our leaders)
    freedom – privacy
    controlled, tracked, searched and surveilled
    accountability for lying
    unverified information
    sufficient evidence
    accusations
    ———-
    Its coming
    A pre-oil civilization, with no access to blubber oil
    In other words,
    All of the population increases afforded by coal, oil and fertilizers will revert to the pre-industrial status-quo
    ———-
    Some races are superior to others and its not yours.
    ———–
    …… massive human culling ……
    ———–

anticlimactic
    Participant

It is now [more] obvious that the EU politicians do not serve ‘the people’. Who do they serve? Is it the WEF, the US, oligarchs like Gates or Soros, or do they expect to be personally rewarded in the future?

If they can casually create a future where much of EU industry will fail putting millions out of work and making the coming depression even worse then they are dangerous. The EU could end up with an economy more like post-war Germany or post Soviet Russia.

Their method is bizarre. It is like threatening to put a shopkeeper out of business but expecting the shopkeeper to keep up essential supplies until they are ‘ready’, perhaps ignoring the idea that the shopkeeper will get customers elsewhere.

My mental image is imagining Russia and the EU as two rock-climbers. The EU is dangling from Russia on a rope, but the EU is trying to cut through the rope to ‘teach Russia a lesson’!

Dr D Rich
    Participant

@chooch

“How do you get to be that guy in trench? The ones firing upon him?”

I recommend Keegan’s “The Face of Battle” to aid in an understanding. Battlefields were scenes of chaos, mayhem and non-fighting until psychological developments occurred in a few areas.
    A professional officer corps was developed to foster relationships among men under their command. Men will fight the hardest for their friend in the same predicament, ” a meat grinder”.

Dehumanizing the enemy en masse. Look at Army or Marine Corps training manuals and the process of conditioning men to “see” other humans as silhouettes or inanimate objects for starters.
    All the aforementioned probably pales against the propensity of psychopaths/antisocial personality disordered ppl to self-select for the military. Perhaps to quench a desire to hunt/kill humans…. notwithstanding the concentrating effect for these traits from mass psychological screening performed on recruits and service academy applicants.

John Day
    Participant

The owners can only visualize a world where they remain “the owners”.
    They have to remain upon our backs as we sink and try to swim.
    That position is bad for us.
    We can visualize many other alternatives, and take baby-steps ourselves.
    We will meet others taking baby-steps, and cooperate, and solve-problems in cooperative working groups,
    our forte’.
    What will “the owners” do if they can’t stay on our backs?

zerosum
    Participant

Historically Unfair advantage – winners
    Guns against bow and arrows
    Modern precise long rage weapons, (Russia), against antique WWII weapons (Ukraine)

phoenixvoice
    Participant

“ Biden is rattled by his sinking approval ratings and is looking to regain voters’ confidence that he can provide the sure-handed leadership he promised during the campaign, people close to the president say.”

I have a very difficult time believing that Biden is mentally capable of understanding his “approval ratings,” “voters’ confidence,” or remembering any of his campaign promises. Of course, that is why it isn’t BIDEN who says these things, but rather, “people close to the president” — i.e. Biden’s handlers. Because he is a puppet with a fading mind.

As American dollars come “home” (becoming more and more worthless) why is the fake stock market going down?
    From comments in the Last Refuge’s jaw-dropping article, people seem frustrated that the military doesn’t step up to the plate. I was not a follower of “Q” (though I did follow Bernard Grover’s following of “Q”), but here is a post I stumbled on a while back that I found interesting. Dr. D has made allusions to some of the same ideas.
    Hope, taken with a grain of salt.

I can’t recall the name of the outspoken French minister (?) who said people won’t willingly die, so they’ll have to be “helped”. Didn’t he also say that the western nations must be taken down first?
    That requires treacherous leadership; it just so happens that’s what the actual leadership is doing.

Dr D Rich
    Participant

To get idea how inverted, paradoxical, perverted (choose your term) the perspective can be, take a look at how the “other side”, the Emptywheel crew sees the Sussman thing:

“As to the Russian hack-and-leak, Sussmann’s team facilitated the process with a summary exhibit they included showing a selection of FBI communications pertaining to the investigation that either involve or mention Sussmann. Sussmann introduced these documents to show how obvious his ties to the Democrats would have been to the FBI, including to some people involved in the Alfa Bank investigation. A few of these communications refute specific claims Durham made, showing that meetings or communications Durham argued must relate to the Alfa Bank effort could be explained, in one case far more easily, as part of the hack-and-leak response. That is, some of these documents show that Durham was taking evidence of victimization by Russia and using it instead to argue that Sussmann was unfairly victimizing Trump.”

I think what Wheeler means is the FBI should have known Sussman was working for the Clinton campaign and not visiting FBI Hqtrs as a private citizen as he said to FBI Baker “I’m a concerned private citizen in this matter”. And now we know why Sussman’s attorneys took this position during the trial because those lawyers knew all along that the FBI had “offices” Sussman’s employer’s building that of Perkins Coie.
    Wheeler goes on to argue like all good Wingwomen and Flying monkeys that Michsel Sussman, the man, was harmed by the alleged Alfabank, Russiagate, Trump kompromat imbroglio and not President Trump. That qualifies as Herculean effort in blame-shifting, deflection and psychological projection. Particularly she submits to the logic the FBI, the press, Durham and Trump all harmed poor Michael Sussman by not doing their jobs correctly BEFORE Sussman was ever prosecuted.

phoenixvoice
    Participant

Raul – Many thanks for the Justo Gallego Martinez story. You have uplifted my day.

phoenixvoice
    Participant

Renoir painting…going to have to show the 6 legged horse to my daughter who is learning to draw proportional people….

zerosum
    Participant

Problems well identified. Solutions not known.

Europe now cheats or suffers

Refineries are very closely matched and subtly calibrated to very specific and foreseeable supply feedstocks which are also very difficult to substitute and with great uncertainty regarding the final outcome. Changing anything either on the refinery side as well as on the feedstock requires lots of time, effort, money, dedicated facilities, experimentation, mistakes, trial & error, specific expertise, risk, and most important fixed, unchanging feedstocks always complying with specs. It´s not a “plug & play” substitute.

This means that Russia today supplies Europe with specific Urals oil that would be almost impossible to get from unknown third parties fast enough and cheap enough in enormous quantities. A very delicate and tight matching has already achieved between the European industry and reliable, vetted, well-known Russian oil vendors.

Ref # 12 https://www.ifo.de/en/node/69417

phoenixvoice
    Participant

My parents said know:
    Your words today got me to look up and notice that the smartTV was off but still connected to power. I walked over and flipped the surge protector switch that provides power to attached but turned off smart TV, computer, and Xbox. I made a mental note to remember to shut the WiFi off on the iPad I am using right now when I have finished my morning reading, and recalled my intention to eventually route my cell phone calls to my VOIP number when I am home…and then train myself to shut off the smartphone when I’m home. (Still need to find a way to get my text messages when phone is shut off.).

For this is how we are controlled and surveilled: by giving us aids that are so convenient, sparing us the trouble of remembering or understanding technology or walking across the room to flip a switch or look through the door’s peephole. (At the beginning of the pandemic, with my children home all day, the first thing I taught them was how to use their own computers — how the file system worked, the parts of a web browser. Schools do not teach these things — they throw them at the children and expect them to pick it up. And the children do just “pick it up” but most only understand on only a very surface level — missing out on the back story — getting used by the technology as it records their every digital move — and not understanding how to make the technology their servant.) To get out of this trap requires planning, thought, and *effort*!

zerosum
    Participant

Survival.
    The elites believe that they will be able to escape the kill zone of an atomic blast/energy shortfall/failing distribution network/food shortfall/pandemic/etc and survive in the ruins of the remaining civilization.

Professorlocknload
    Participant

Justo,, The human spirit. Literally!

John Day
    Participant

I also enjoyed the Justo Gallego Martinez story.
    Don Quixote reincarnated!

Farmer McGregor
    Participant

@zerosum — “The elites believe that they will be able to escape the kill zone of an atomic blast/energy shortfall/failing distribution network/food shortfall/pandemic/etc and survive in the ruins of the remaining civilization.”

Well said, sir. Very well said
    It does seem as if they are exactly that delusionally short-sighted. Perhaps that’s what is behind the “you will own nothing and you will be happy” schtick: the ruling elites will be served and provided for by those of us serfs (slaves) which they allow to remain alive. Hasn’t that been their plan through the entire recorded history of “civilization”?

Veracious Poet
    Participant

If -Q- was a genuine “white hat” op against the #Derp-Swamp, it was utterly defeated by the blatant theft of the NOV 2020 “selections”, as was Trump…

Moreover, if anyone thinks the 2022 mid-terms will bring back any semblance of “sanity”, they didn’t learn the lesson that the NPD mass psychosis CULT will only allow their “candidates” of importance to “win” ~ No more getting Trumped by “outsiders” for the #Derp-Swamp 😕

Perhaps -Q- enlightened a few of the lost remnant, but it was a false hope as even with a POTUS supposedly on the “right” side, they lost control of national elections…

How is THAT going to change, when the judiciary is packed with #Derp-Swamp koolaid swilling liars-for-hire?

Unless I’m wrong, but who really knows?

Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and unto God the things that are God’s,

Gary

Dr D Rich- I used to follow firedoglake back in the mid-naughties. I was sure it was where I first read moon of Alabama. I changed as the DFL was cannibalized by the DNC. To use a quote from those days: That was Clinton’s fault!”
    I’ve mentioned before that Hillary’s russiarussiarussia slur -which had the ability to get www3 going- was one of the most evil things I’ve ever seen.
    I think she’d like that. (shudder)
    Phoenix- of all the changes that have happened these last two-plus decades, the “smart phone” is the most pernicious. It’s the “national ID” that everyone hated. It’s heroin on-call. It’s a false friend and a fake brain. And they’re going to be near-impossible to eradicate. A jammer would be a handy thing- I don’t even like going to parties anymore, ’cause I’ll end up in a photo or bored stiff by a scroller.
    The day I’m told I have to carry one (or a smartwatch or get chipped), will be the day I go underground, one way or the other.

Veracious Poet
    Participant

Russian energy-giant Gazprom said it has completely halted natural-gas supply to Shell under a contract that supplies the fuel to Germany, Europe’s largest economy. The move came after Shell refused to pay Gazprom in rubles.

Gazprom made the announcement on Wednesday — a day after it cut off natural-gas supplies to the Netherlands for the same reason.

https://www.businessinsider.com/russia-cut-natural-gas-to-germany-shell-refused-ruble-payment-2022-6

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.