Debt Rattle June 12 2016

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle June 12 2016

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Jack Delano Worker inspecting locomotive, Proviso Yard 1942 • European Central Bank Preparing for Brexit (IS) • We’re Rich! We’re Rich! Are Inflated A
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle June 12 2016]

rapier
    Participant

A Brexit yes vote doesn’t actually mean leaving.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36457120

Euro banks don’t trust each other

Chart of the Decade – European Banks Fleeing German Banks Like Rats From A Sinking Ship

One result of that is deposits and other money is flowing into US banks and US markets. Don’t expect US stock and bond markets to fall much with the added liquidy coming from Europe, and China too.

The latest Credit Bubble Bulletin breaks out how our ‘wealth’ has grown since 1980

” As a percentage of GDP, Debt Securities increased to 221%. Debt Securities began the eighties at 74% of GDP; the nineties at 126%; and the new Millennium at 162%. Total Equities declined marginally during the first quarter to $35.496 TN, or 195% of GDP. Equity Securities began the eighties at 44% of GDP; the nineties at 67%; and ended 1999 at 201%. Total Securities (Debt and Equities) ended Q1 at $76.618 TN, or 420% of GDP. Total Securities began the eighties at 117% of GDP; the nineties at 193%; and the new Millennium at 362%. ”
    https://creditbubblebulletin.blogspot.com/2016/06/weekly-commentary-historic-crazy.html

This inflation of financial assets explains everything, in a way.

Greenpa
    Participant

“..the West is incapable of producing leadership capable of preserving life on earth.”

A bad echo of what I said here a few days back; to wit all governments are paralyzed.

It is most certainly NOT a lack of “leadership” – more particularly what is missing is any ability to actually carry out meaningful responses; all parts of the implementation mechanisms are broken, starting with “will” to respond. And we have no precedents for how to repair “will” – in peace-time.

earlmardle
    Participant

Exactly Greenpa.

The way Trump has cut a swathe through the GOP is a model for how incompetent and inept are the organs of the state. The party claims to be fit to govern and is making critical decisions about the nation’s economy and social structures and processes and is utterly incapable of responding at all to whatever Trump is, it cannot formulate a strategy, build a plan on that and execute it, it is utterly hamstrung by a reality that it cannot even see, let alone understand and engage with. And yet it influences to a great extent the most dangerous complex of forces in human history.

The Dems are a little better, but not much, they at least have 2 candidates capable of pursuing a complete sentence and at least articulating a position on an issue and, mostly, being consistent with that position from one sentence to the next. Their unwillingness to acknowledge for most of the last 8 years that they have been opposed by people whose only thought is that the black man in the white house gets NUTHIN, has been pathetic to watch and does not bode well when they decide that a WOMAN is even worse. Look for multiple attempts to impeach her every year on top of “she gets NUTHIN!”

And lets not forget that its a global problem, all of the west and most of the rest haven’t a clue what’s happening and can’t even respond to the things they THINK are happening

Planet FUBAR.

Raleigh
    Participant

earlmardle – Obama will go down as the worst ever U.S. president, and he deserves every bit of that “worst ever”.

Barack Obama’s Legacy: What Happened?

Bernie Sanders might be able to string a sentence together, but so can Obama. How did that work out? Bernie Sanders chose not to go after Hillary Clinton.

The Bernie Fade Begins

And Hillary? She too can string a sentence, because she is polished at it, but what is she really saying? More wars, secretive trade agreements, amnesty for illegals, Wall Street protector, millions for speeches, Clinton Foundation. I haven’t gone time for this. She would be absolutely disastrous for the U.S.

Why I Won’t be Voting for Hillary in November

Trump at least is questioning NATO, the need for endless wars, the secretive trade deals, the offshoring of jobs, unfair trade deals. He is not a seasoned politician; don’t expect the lies to flow out of him like they do with people like both Clinton and Obama.

After an interview with Hillary Clinton, Anderson Cooper even mentioned that she did not answer several of his important questions. She chose to skirt around them, refused to answer. At least Trump tries to answer questions. I think if the real Hillary Clinton (which I think all who are really looking can see her quite clearly) would stand up, we’d all be shocked. But at least she answers in complete sentences.

John Day
    Participant

Julian Assange announces that Wikileaks has another batch of Hillary Clinton’s State Dept. emails to publish, and mentions that Google is doing it’s best to help the old girl out while still keeping up appearances.
    https://www.theguardian.com/media/2016/jun/12/wikileaks-to-publish-more-hillary-clinton-emails-julian-assange

Raleigh
    Participant

John Day – hopefully these emails help put the old girl behind bars, but I’m not going to hold my breath. I heard Google was helping out Hillary too, manipulating their search engines so that favorable searches came up for her, but not for Sanders or Trump. Sickening.

Also heard Elizabeth Warren said she is “all in” for Hillary Clinton to win, that she’s going to fight hard for Hillary. Oh, Elizabeth Warren, you just went down in my eyes. How she could campaign hard for the psychopathic warmongering Clinton is beyond me. Same with Bernie. He’s was campaigning for things that were opposed to what Hillary was saying, and yet now he’s going to endorse her? What?

I thought Bernie and Elizabeth were for the average working guy. I guess not.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.