Debt Rattle June 16 2023

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle June 16 2023

Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    boscohorowitz
    Participant

On queerness:

The origin of the word ‘queer’
    Queer is a word of uncertain origin that had entered the English language by the early 16th century, when it was primarily used to mean strange, odd, peculiar or eccentric. By the late 19th century it was being used colloquially to refer to same-sex attracted men. While this usage was frequently derogatory, queer was simultaneously used in neutral and affirming ways.

The examples provided in the Oxford English Dictionary show this semantic range, including instances of homosexual men using queer as a positive self-description at the same time as it was being used in the most insulting terms.

Compare the neutral: “Fourteen young men were invited […] with the premise that they would have the opportunity of meeting some of the prominent ‘queers’” (1914); the insulting: “fairies, pansies, and queers conducted […] lewd practices” (1936); and self-affirmed uses: “young men who call themselves ‘queers’” (1952).

In the 1960s and 1970s, as sexual and gender minorities fought for civil rights and promoted new ways of being in society, we also sought new names for ourselves. Gay liberationists began to reclaim queer from its earlier hurtful usages, chanting “out of the closets, into the streets” and singing “we’re here because we’re queer”.

Their newsletters from the time reveal sustained questioning of the words, labels and politics of naming that lesbian and gay people could and should use about themselves. Some gay libbers even wanted to cancel the word homosexual because they felt it limited their potential and “prescribes a whole system of behaviour […] which has nothing to do with my day-to-day living”.

In Australia, camp was briefly the most common label that lesbian women and gay men used to describe themselves, before gay became more prominent, used at that time by both homosexual men and women.

The evolving use of the word queer
    In the early 1990s, gay had come to be used more typically to refer to gay men. Respectful and inclusive standards of language evolved to “lesbian and gay”, and then “LGBT”, as bisexuals and transgender people sought greater recognition.

Queer began to be used in a different way again: not as a synonym for gay, but as a critical and political identity that challenged normative ideas about sexuality and gender.

Queer theory drew on social constructionism – the theory that people develop knowledge of the world in a social context – to critique the idea any sexuality or gender identity was normal or natural. This showed how particular norms of sexuality and gender were historically contingent.

Thinkers such as Michel Foucault, Michael Warner, Judith Butler, Eve Kosofsky Sedgewick and Lauren Berlant were enormously influential in the development of this new idea of queer. Some people began to identify as queer in the critical sense, not as a synonym for a stable gender or sexual identity, but to indicate a non-conforming gender or sexual identity.

Activists in groups such as Queer Nation also used queer in this critical sense as part of their more assertive, anti-assimilationist political actions.

Queer as an umbrella term
    From the early 2000s, it became more common to use queer as an umbrella term that was inclusive of the spectrum of sexual and gender identities represented in the LGBTIQA+ acronym.

Today, queer is included among the terms lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse, intersex, asexual, brotherboy and sistergirl, recognised in style guides as the most respectful and inclusive way to refer to people with diverse sexualities and genders.

Of course, the different usages and meaning of words such as queer have often overlapped and have been hotly contested. Historical usages and associations persist and can sit uncomfortably next to contemporary reclamations.

Queer as a slur?
    Contemporary concerns with queer’s historical use as a slur seem odd to me. The heritage report A History of LGBTIQ+ Victoria in 100 Places and Objects (which I co-authored), surveys the complexity of language use in historical and contemporary society.

It is notable that almost all of the words that LGBTIQA+ people use to describe ourselves today have been reclaimed from homophobic or transphobic origins.

In fact, it could be said that liberating words from non-affirming religious, clinical or colloquial contexts and giving them our own meanings is one of the defining characteristics of LGBTIQA+ history.

While queer does have a history of being used as an insult, that has never been its sole meaning. Same-sex attracted and gender diverse folks have taken the word and have been ascribing it with better meanings for at least the past 50 years.

Queer’s predominant use today is as an affirming term that is inclusive of all people in the rainbow acronym.

At a time when trans and gender diverse folk are facing particularly harsh attacks, I’m all for efforts to promote inclusion and solidarity. Respectful language use doesn’t require us to cancel queer, but rather to be mindful of its history and how that history is experienced by our readers and listeners.The Conversation

jb-hb
    Participant

At a time when trans and gender diverse folk are facing particularly harsh attacks

What attacks and particularly harsh in comparison to what specified frequency and severity? Based on what objective data? Surely not based on re-definitions of “attack” and “harsh”?

Current year Queer Theory is Critical Theory ie Postmodernist Deconstructionist Hermetic Gnostic Mystic Marxism. The whacko Critical Theory Mystics, unfortunately, move in and say We Are That Thing. Insist that the term means what is in THEIR dictionary.

It’s very difficult for outsiders to wrest the definition back from an invader like that. This leaves 2 alternatives:

The IN GROUP that owned the term needs to stop nodding and going along with the interlopers and very stridently fight for THEIR property until they have it back.

The term itself needs to be cancelled and we come up with a new word owned by the original owners and we all keep behaving like decent people.

During German occupation of Yugoslavia, Greece, etc in WW2, the Germans adopted a disproportionate response policy towards (marxist) insurgents. If 1 German soldier got murdered and the culprit could not be found, they’d grab 20 random Yugoslavians and execute them.

The response of the insurgents was to do MORE killings of Germans. SPECIFICALLY to get that result of more executions. They felt that German policy would help them and valued the hardening of the populace against the occupiers over the lives lost. So the marxists decided “yes, even more of that”

It’s the same marxist insurgency tactic, but in a cultural context, hoping for a disproportionate response. Unrelentingly working TOWARDS a disproportionate response through the captured terminology. Alinskyish. Push into the crowd. Pretend to be the crowd. Launch attacks from within the crowd. Describe ANY responses as attacking the crowd.

So a growing realization of Critical Theory and any questioning of that, saying we don’t want more of that, becomes “attacking” and “severe” but then even SILENCE is violence.

By the standards of critical theory, for instance, the dude who offers Captain Marvel assistance because, as he says, “You look lost” DESERVES to have her beat him up, break his limbs, steal his clothing and vehicle. Because HE “initiated violence” with his words.

zerosum
    Participant

Are you proud to be a Canadian going to an undeclared war

https://www.canada.ca/en/department-national-defence/news/2023/06/defence-minister-anita-anand-meets-with-nato-allies-and-announces-deployment-of-canadian-army-tank-squadron-to-latvia.html

June 16, 2023 – Brussels, Belgium – National Defence / Canadian Armed Forces

Today, the Honourable Anita Anand, Minister of National Defence concluded a successful visit to Brussels, Belgium. During her visit, she participated in the thirteenth meeting of the Ukraine Defense Contact Group and a meeting of North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) Defence Ministers. During the meeting of NATO Defence Ministers, Minister Anand and her Allied counterparts discussed the upcoming NATO Summit in Vilnius, Lithuania, and NATO’s ongoing work to promote Euro-Atlantic security.

Minister Anand announced that Canada intends to deploy a Canadian Army Tank Squadron of 15 Leopard 2 tanks to Latvia, along with supporting personnel and equipment. This deployment as part of Operation REASSURANCE is set to take place over the coming months, with the full arrival of the tanks, initial supporting personnel, and equipment expected by Fall 2023. The full complement of approximately 130 personnel should be in place by spring 2024.

This Canadian Army Tank Squadron will join the Canada-led NATO enhanced Forward Presence (eFP) Battle Group in Latvia – a multinational, ten-nation battle group that Canada has led as the Framework Nation since 2017. The deployment of the Canadian Army Tank Squadron will significantly boost the Battle Group’s military capabilities. This announcement demonstrates Canada’s commitment to implementing the Canada-Latvia Joint Declaration of June 2022, through which Canada pledged to work with Latvia and NATO Allies to generate and stage forces in order to surge the eFP Battle Group Latvia to a combat capable brigade.

During the NATO Defence Ministers’ Meeting, Allies discussed their ongoing support to Ukraine, with an emphasis on setting the conditions for the country’s long-term military success and a strengthened relationship with NATO, while also ensuring sufficient defence production. Ministers reaffirmed NATO’s solidarity and unity in response to Russia’s illegal and unjustifiable war, and providing timely and effective aid to Ukraine, in partnership with industry.

Imagine coming upon sequoias for the first time and thinking, “Now, how the hell am I gonna cut those things down?”
    Happily, it was a difficult task, so some remain.
    Go see them if you can and you haven’t yet. “Awesome” doesn’t come close.

Veracious Poet
    Participant

@dr-d

Bidens: They could have created and received infinity bribes and it wouldn’t matter. Watch.

Veracious Poet
    Participant

IYI: plan, discuss, think, scenario, over 5-star meals for 100 years incapable of the simplest practical action.

IYI aka Educated Beyond Intellectual Capacity, where UniParty GlobalCap CULTural Indoctrination is the primary purpose of the Ivy League Class & Russell Group University caste system…

You either see it, or you don’t.

Stupid is as stupid does…

Venimus, vidimus, mortui sumus.

FWFS

zerosum
    Participant

Extra …
    Since the beginning of 2022, Canada has committed over $8 billion in aid to Ukraine.
    Forgot to say/count other cost from 2014
    Forgot to count all the travel back and forth etc.
    Forgot to add replenishing cost of inventory
    Forgot cost of neglected needed expenses in Canada

jb-hb
    Participant

Cosmic Justice vs all the other types of justice

(Cosmic Justice = Equality = Social Justice)

boscohorowitz
    Participant

“At a time when trans and gender diverse folk are facing particularly harsh attacks,”

Touting the party line seems de rigeur any more. I just liked the etymology.

Veracious Poet
    Participant

Parting anecdotal words:

The evening of Mozilo’s slap-on-the-wrist (Countrywide/BofA shareholders paid his fines), I was having a discussion with a peer who then was part of Bloomturd’s bureau, in house press stationed within one of the most important federal courts in The Empire

We were mocking the kangaroo system that allowed Mozilo to abscond with his 100$ of millions of booty.

After a few minutes, the senior Reuters word monkey (a brit) exploded in a temper tantrum defending the tanned one, cause ya’ know he won the game fair & square!

To which the majority of the propaganda CULTists came to his support (NYT, AP, Dow Jones/WSJ, Daily News), like a group of 13yo mean girls unfurling their “girl aggression” to protect the status quo ~ Similar to similar attacks in 2005-2007 when we questioned & foretold the inevitable collapse of the subprime mortgage mania, which drove the word monkeys into sneering derision, unflinchingly defending the UniParty GlobalCap CULTural orthodoxy of that era 🙄

Following the collapse “no one could have predicted”, I witnessed their inane discussions to put the resulting cognitive dissonance back in the bottle (I mostly avoided their know-it-all sessions), the memorable conclusion of one EG0 stroking circlejerk resulting in the clique discussing WWIII as the economic solution to Their CULTure’s economic woes…

Once you see it, you can’t unsee it…

Please excuse me, I have better things to do than complain about things the vast majority consented to.

jb-hb
    Participant

Apparently, your past is just as fluid as it needs to be.

trans and gender diverse folk are facing particularly harsh attacks

You have repeated this claim multiple times before. You made a statement, not an analysis, observation OF a statement. A statement you’ve made – without analysis, observation, etc – multiple times here before.

Noirette
    Participant

Wallace on vaxxes, prev. thread, yes, interesting, relevant.

“Variolation” or inoculation has an older history.

The origins of vaccination. A. Flemming.

excerpt:

But how did variolation emerge in the Ottoman Empire? It turns out that at the time of Lady Montagu’s letter to her friend, variolation, or rather inoculation, was practised in a number of different places around the world. In 1714, Dr Emmanuel Timmonius, resident in Constantinople, had described the procedure of inoculation in a letter that was eventually published by the Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society (London). He claimed that “the Circassians, Georgians, and other Asiatics” had introduced this practice “among the Turks and others at Constantinople”. His letter triggered a reply from Cotton Maher, a minister in Boston, USA, who reported that his servant Onesimus had undergone the procedure as a child in what is now southern Liberia, Africa. Moreover, two Welsh doctors, Perrot Williams and Richard Wright, reported that inoculation was well known in Wales and had been practised there since at least 1600.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d42859-020-00006-7

The Chinese practised variolation from about 1500 (maybe well before, not treated here)…

The global journey of variolation. M. Thisma.

Some of the earliest written records of variolation come from China and India, and the practice was well known in China by AD 1500, where the typical method was inserting dry scabs into the nostril of the recipient.

https://hekint.org/2020/09/29/the-global-journey-of-variolation/

on …Small pox Inoc… A. Eriksen:

The present article investigates four texts that introduced the new practice to readers in northern Europe, all published in London in the period 1714−1722.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41599-020-0431-6

Dr. D
    Participant

I think the “exceptional danger” was all part of the one big quote, the whole post. OBVIOUSLY there is less danger than any time in the last 10,000 years as we are the most tolerant and progressive, most pro-gay, most anti-male culture anyone has ever known. It’s possible Rome was equally pro-gay, but the written facts say it wasn’t. Rome saw you as a “top” or a “bottom” and only liked winners. That cuts half right there.

Therefore, that sentence is one of the biggest lies ever stated or put on paper, which is really saying something amazing. However, I believe that’s Wikipedia’s statement.

Yes, that was the etymology: now tell me what literally any of it means, because it looks like it made no sense and had no definition at any time since about 1800. And yes, the combination and objection that “queer” was expressly political is dead-on “Critical Theory” although I wasn’t going to say it. So the real reason “queer” exists, and the real reason for the “Q” in “LGBTQ” is not logical at all — of course! — it’s because the same political people, pushing their same political agenda — of course! — put it in there because they care foremost about POLITICS, and dividing people, and almost nothing about gender except as it helps politics and division.

See Starbucks this week for further details about how much they care.

Afewknowthetruth
    Participant

Meanwhile, the environment that supports life-as-we-know-it continues to be degraded at an ever-faster rate.

Jun. 15, 2023 424.55 ppm
    Jun. 15, 2022 420.58 ppm
    1 Year Change 3.97 ppm (0.94%)

Dr. D
    Participant

Oh and the politics is “Critical Theory”, that is, Marxism. Why I don’t follow as this is far enough for me. I think because Marxism is essentially the exaltation of the Envy — we should have “Envy Month” right after “Pride” Month — and Critical Theory divides people with invisible hatred and envy, the grass is greener, “covet my neighbor’s goods” which softens them up to killing everyone around them instead of noticing…

They delivered the goods and have more stuff … with more freedom … and less (sexual) oppression than any time in human history. How you gonna have a Glorious Revolution based on that? …Oh you just watch buddy, you just watch.

With lies. Lies that it’s never been more dangerous, you oh-so-sorry, put upon wee little darling. Don’t you want Mommy to steal you some milk from the neighbors now?

Dr. D
    Participant

AFKTT: And yet it never matters. When will the PPM matter? We had SIX TIMES the CO2 and it didn’t matter. Dinosaurs loved it and so will I.

John Day
    Participant

@Dr.D: “Queer” used to have a broadly understood meaning, “male homosexual” (as in the black & white warning documentary for boys, “fear the queer” tagged by Boscohorowitz today).

The “queer” in “LGBTQ” means “gender-queer”, a condition of being unstably transgendered (like Billy Pilgrim “unstuck in time” in Slaughterhouse Five, by Vonnegut, but different)
    For about 8 years around Y2k I was one of the few doctors in Austin who would see transgendered patients. It was fringe, not politically acceptable, and insurance would not typically cover it. Poor, uninsured patients are who I took care of, anyway. Most of my patients were middle aged, had dealt with their condition a long time, trying out things like extreme-conformity. I had 3 M>F patients who had been in specil forces in war zones. There were no kids or teens then, not coming to see me, not that I knew of, but the stories I heard were lifelong stories.
    These people just wanted to “be” what they felt like, to be seen and treated that way by people they met,without revealing,without fanfare, without politics.

After a few years a few gender-queer patients arrived. They often did not feel “comfortable” unless people were confused how to address them, and struggled to come out with “sir” or “maam”. This was baseline, but some days they wanted to feel much more masculine, and some days much more feminine, and to reverse things quickly. They wanted a lot of injectable testosterone,and plenty of estrogen, and cart-blanche to use them.
    It was too drug-abuse-like, and I could not accomodate those urges resonsibly.
    It was difficult to negotiate and unsatisfying for all involved.

This was very different from the majority of the patients who just wanted to pass as what they felt like.
    It does seem like what is going on with the in-your-face “transgender-politics” we see today.

Dora
    Participant

Nashville Angela.

Dora
    Participant

Peter McCullough MD

Afewknowthetruth
    Participant

Dr D.

Dinosaurs didn’t live in cities constructed less than 2 metres above sea level (which is in the process of rising at least 7 metres, due to the combination of thermal expansion and loss of ice on land masses).

Dinosaurs were not dependent on industrial agriculture (which is dependent on continued use of fossil fuels and continued degradation of the environment, including further elevation of atmospheric CO2 at the fastest rate in geological history).

Dinosaurs didn’t drive cars or manufacture concrete. Dinosaurs didn’t manufacture steel or glass. Dinosaurs didn’t release a multitude of life-threatening toxins into the environment.

Dinosaurs didn’t consume stupendous quantities of fossil fuels to engage in industrial warfare.

That’s why the reptilian-dinosaur line reigned supreme for the best part of 200 million years -versus the reign of homo stupidicus of just 20,000 years (if we count from the construction of the first cities) and the reign of homo maximus greedicus stupidicus of less than 200 years (if we count from the mass-scale use of heat engines that commences around 1830).

Ignorance, stupidity and hubris continue to reign supreme in the minds of many commenters on TAE.

Let’s see if you are still mocking and scoffing two years from now, when atmospheric CO2 is close to 430 ppm and ocean acidification is the worse than now, and the somewhat delayed El Nino is in full swing. (Remember 2016?)

Let’s see if you are still mocking and scoffing around 2028, when atmospheric CO2 will be 440 ppm if we are lucky and far above that if the northern forests have gone up in smoke -the start of which is happening right now.

Let’s see if you are still mocking and scoffing when industrial society has collapsed as a consequence of planetary overheating (relative to the conditions of an average atmospheric CO2 of just 230 ppm that allowed modern humans to overrun the planet), in companion with depletion of resources to the point they can no longer be extracted and processed…. which is likely to be around 2030 but could well be before then.

‘And yet it never matters.’

??!!!

Bold words.

Precautionary Principle: do that which is potentially lethal.

Try asking your children or grandchildren a few years hence whether it matters or not that you promoted the fucking-up their future instead of devoting energy to protecting their future.

aspnaz
    Participant

Dr D said

In full earnestness, what is “Queer”?

A queer is a faggot: I know what that means.

John Day
    Participant

At a pride event held this month at the Pentagon, Space Force Chief Operating Officer Lt. Gen. DeAnna Burt attacked the proliferation of over 400 state regulations which she described as “anti-LGBTQ+” and suggested that such laws were a danger to military readiness and to individual soldiers. The how and why of her claims are not as clear, though Burt appeared to insinuate that these laws would “distract” service members from their duties by preventing them from being their “true selves.”
    https://www.zerohedge.com/political/space-force-chief-says-state-anti-lgbt-laws-threaten-us-military-readiness

oxymoron
    Participant

If anyone here is jabbed and concerned Re spike add

D-Glucosamine

Walter Chestnut is doing it.
    Also don’t worry too much either we are living in the oneness expressing as separate only in perception

Celticbiker
    Participant

If they nuke DC, Jew York, London and Tel Aviv, most problems are gonna be solved. 1 demonic crew is driving the madness, the Satanic program, and our ancestors handed them the power to print money, so here we fuckin are, unfortunately.

Dr. D
    Participant

“Let’s see if you are still mocking and scoffing two years from now, when atmospheric CO2 is close to 430 ppm”

I will be. I will be. Just as I was taken in by this for years, then got suspicious after 10 years, then another 10 years nothing happened, then another 10, then Manhattan wasn’t underwater. Then fewer hurricanes than ever. Then more polar bears than ever. Then fewer wildfires than ever. Then more coral reefs recovering than ever.

So, see you in another 10 years if you make it. We’ll both be doing and saying the same things, I’m sure.

Plant trees.

aspnaz
    Participant

AFKTT said

Let’s see if you are still mocking and scoffing two years from now, when atmospheric CO2 is close to 430 ppm and ocean acidification is the worse than now, and the somewhat delayed El Nino is in full swing. (Remember 2016?)

Hang on, how will this be possible? Greta told us that the world will end before the end of this month. I wish you circus-clowns – like your allies the LGBT?? circus freak community – would get your stupid lies together.

Dr. D
    Participant

Dr, thanks for at least some explanation. I can at least track in the right direction now.

Question: where do people get their “self” or sense of personality from? Since doctors know f-all about consciousness, they have exactly nothing to address these problems. Maybe someday they’ll get serious and ask the right things.

Consciousness, sense of self comes from the outside. Spirit is projected into. So since if we have many lives, we may be men or women, old or young, rich or poor, our “self” is quite malleable and has seen and is comfortable in many things for minutes or centuries. Generally we are projected into a solid template, and don’t have this issue, but some are, and for many reasons. Or even several souls — possibly — projecting into one ‘car’, one meat robot. Again, for many possible arcane reasons. None of this can be seen, Doctors disavow all knowledge of all things, all spirit, all soul, all consciousness, so therefore, it doesn’t exist and the people remain ill for a lifetime. Thanks a lot. Now we have no technology about this, and we now think it’s a wonderful thing, not bad. Oh no, being unstable doesn’t cause me problems at all, sir, I think everyone should try it. By force if necessary. I’m sure it’ll all work out fine.

Might try this guy, Dr. Hammeroff, anesthesiologist and physics of consciousness. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoDi856wLPM

Then I have to quit hanging about and get back to work.

Oroboros
    Participant

The Ukrainians Got Obliterated Far from the Russian Security Line

Douglas Macgregor lays it out

The Empire of Lies Gangster Nation lies it out

The Ukronazis are choking in the clutch situation, MacGregor thinks the Ukronazis only have about 35,000 combat capable troops left and the current ‘offensive’ will cut that to near nothing, collapse is coming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QDEGipA_YU

Oroboros
    Participant

African Leader Says “America Gives Transgenderism While China And Russia Give Training & Skills”

This dude bitch slaps the Empire of Lies black & blue & purple

Right on

Oroboros
    Participant

One of many, many tanks recently

Doesn’t matter what make or model, they’re all toast

Ukrainian Tank Eats ATGM

John Day
    Participant

@Dr.D : Let me refer your query about acquisiton of human sense of “personality/self” to my mate, Oxymoron in Oz, who quoth:
    “Also don’t worry too much either we are living in the oneness expressing as separate only in perception.”

You know as well as I do that you are jerking-my-chain with this question, that I have observations and thoughts, as do you, but not Gnosis.
    Christianity sort of believes that “God” imparts soul/life ,and it feels like that, but is that feeling of “I” a trick, a trap?
    To the degree that you might steal from another to obtain benefit, I have observed experimentally in my life that “Karma”works.I experimented a lot for awhile .I had to stop or it would have done more than just keep hurting “me”. That functionality of Kearma implies to me that we are not “separate” fundamentally,but how not-separate? What is the link?
    How separate is “Atman”, the persistent soul-entity in Hinduism? I acceptreincarnation as a phenomenon where someyoungkids can relate a lot ofdetailsthat only a known deceasedperson could have known, some of them original, but verifiable by research from friends & family of the deceased.
    I had one such experience in my own life, and experienced it as being most elegant. It was not of a past life of my own, but of meeting the nextincarnation of afriend of mine who died at15. I can’t prove it. It was my experience, and I mention it because it was confirmatory for me.
    Buddhism teaches that there is no Atman,but there is reincarnation of some form of conscious continuity, and the Dalai Lama and other Tulkus do it.
    I’m clearly missing something, as with there being no “God”, but there is universal consciousness, within which all consciousness exists (but seems kinda’ separated into personalities).

One, but only one of my transgendered patients, F>M, who really, really had an intelligent, curious, regular-guy vibe related a dream,which Irecognized and (s)he recognized as abetween-life (“bardo”) dream. The consciousness was hanging aroundin observer-space and seeking an incarnation, found one that seemedtoresonate,wasmovingdown intoit, but something wentsour, wascoming back up-out from that and was suddenly, perhaps violently slammed at high-speed down into some new incarnation-opening, without looking or previewing like before. Itwasastory Ifound intriguing.I was studying the bardo in Tibetan Buddhist teachings.
    This is a third hand story for you, nothing like a proof,but just a curiosity.
    Some of my patients seemed remarkably, naturally coherent in their “preferred genders”.
    This guy, “Mom” to 2 or 3 children, was a very natural seeming guy, and seemed to be a good, loving mother, too. It is a puzzle, but my task, for my own understanding, is to see how it all feels to me, go on with life, and await further insights.

If I experience “Satori”,I’ll try to communicate it to you.I’m sure you would do the same for me. It would be futile,of course, unless we both get smacked with it, then we will jus tknow each other as “knowing”.

Your fellow-traveler in “knowing f*ck-all”.

zerosum
    Participant

John Day
    The weather man said heat dome over texas.
    Keep cool and keep your garden watered.

Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.