Debt Rattle March 1 2017

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle March 1 2017

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Vivien Leigh in Gone With The Wind, directed by Victor Fleming, 1939   • Raising Pension Age Will Mean Many People Die Before Getting It (G.) • N
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle March 1 2017]

V. Arnold
    Participant

The pension’s fraud across the planet is a crime against humanity; hang the bastards who perpetrated this theft.
    I filed for my S.S. benefit the second I was eligible; 62 yo. Been collecting for a decade.
    Anybody not getting their benefit asap is making a huge mistake, IMO. I’ve read the actuarial’s and the ones I thought correct said grab it at first opportunity. Which I did. My wife and I discussed it and agreed; sooner is better than later; so far, so good.
    It’s not much money, but I retired in a very inexpensive country which more than made up the meager amount.
    If I still lived in the U.S. I’d be working a horrible job or none at all and be in abject poverty.
    My 67 yo sister is still working her ass off hoping for 70 as R day. I hope she makes it…

VA,

When things like the Teamsters story become common knowledge, many more funds will be pushed/forced to allow a peek in their books, and the whole thing will snowball. It’s merely yet another side of the multi-faceted pensions tragedy. How many fund managers would volunteer to open up their books, how many present far too rosy prospects, how many will claim -perhaps even to themselves- that things will be better tomorrow, how many that they’re still gunning for a 7-8% return (just waiting for interest rates to pick up!), while they get 2% and can only dream of getting more by going into ever riskier ”investments”. I’ve said it before: what happened to pensions funds only being allowed to invest in AAA assets? They’re all in stocks. What could go wrong?

zerosum
    Participant

Duh!!!!!

I told you … Keep your eyes open … Someone is stealing your money

Today, I’m listening to the “experts” trying to make the “Americans” believe that the gov. is not going to increase the speed of the printing press.

Old fart advise:
    Keep your eyes open. 60% of the population are living pay check to pay check. There is a major push to transfer/steal the wealth of the old farts that are over medicated, senile, and wearing diapers.

zerosum
    Participant
    Patricia
    Participant

The need to raise the age of a Government pension/superannuation because ‘we can’t afford it’ is arrant nonsense. Any sovereign country can print the money to support its elderly – Greece can’t because it is not a sovereign country. In fact no EU country can because they are not sovereign. Once again we are told lies, which the MSM repeats, to enable the welfare state to be gradually dismantled. And we believe those lying bastards. When will we ever learn.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Raúl Ilargi Meijer
    !00% correct Ilargi. I was a Teamster back in the early 70’s and they were a bunch of corrupt galoots then and probably from day one. Unions are like Janus; two faces.
    The western world is morally bankrupt; may the god’s help the poor souls who are citizens of those states.

Patricia
    Some of us have learned, but fewer still, are those who act. I bailed in 2003. Right after the monster in charge attacked and invaded Iraq. The third monster in a row, just took office. Apparently Usian’s just can’t help themselves; che’ surprise…NOT!

oxymoron
    Participant

People need their pensions for sure and society should look after the elderly but what the hell do you need $48,000 per year for?!!
    The biggest year I have ever pulled is $25,000 Australian dollars and live very comfortably. Do we need overseas holidays? Motorhomes? New anything? I mean we all crap on about making and fixing things here and caring for the environment etc. – The only way I know to bring down corrupt morally bankrupt pricks at the top of the trophic pyramid is to not. buy. any. of. their. shit. Which means very literally to not require a great deal of money.
    Within reason I guess but if I was getting $48,000 each year – man I would be kicking goals.

V. Arnold
    Participant

oxymoron

Yep, can’t/won’t argue that, but I would add get out of debt as fast and as soon as possible.
    Debt is a killer both literally and figuratively. Withdraw support from the system; stop being a consumer.
    And dump your credit cards; if you have one pay it off and stop using it; unless you can and WILL pay it off within the month of purchase.
    This is exactly where people fool themselves and slip into never ending payments at insane interest rates.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.