Debt Rattle March 23 2015

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle March 23 2015

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Gottscho-Schleisner Fishing boat at Fulton Market Pier, NY 1933 • World Faces 40% Water Shortfall In 15 Years: UN (MarketWatch) • Liquidity Crisis Cou
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle March 23 2015]

VisionHawk
    Participant

AIIB ? OK.
    Just don’t give us the Sheets…..

Formerly T-Bear
    Participant

At the final BBC post:

An excellent book: Lesley Adkins, “Empires of the Plain, Henry Rawlinson and the Lost Languages of Babylon”, ISBN 0-00-712899-1 is biographical history of that period, giving a substantial narrative of the age, its peoples and its protagonists. Eminently readable.

Dr. Diablo
    Participant

“the €7.2 billion earmarked for Greece under the second adjustment program can be disbursed.”

It amazes me the way they present this, day after day, year after year. That is not MONEY being “disbursed”, it is DEBT being loaded on already burdened shoulders. That is to say, the OPPOSITE of being helped. With every disbursement they accept, their situation gets worse, not better; made poorer, not richer; and the people more injured, not restored.

Yet there is never an article on any side that highlights how the money they are arguing over is debt, which, even if needed for the very short term, is a dangerous toxin, and not “aid.”

Such is the root of our problems, really.

jal
    Participant

At one time, I might have been okay with overhearing , “He doesn’t need google to give us an answer.”

Now, I know, more than 50% of my answers are wrong.

Nassim
    Participant

” A month or so later, on 3 December, Smith read out his translation of the tablet to the Society for Biblical Archaeology in London. The Prime Minister, William Gladstone, was among those who came to listen. It was the first time an audience had heard the Epic of Gilgamesh for more than 2,000 years.”

We have come a long way since then. I doubt very much if Cameron or Obama have ever heard of Gilgamesh – let alone read it. I guess if there is not a Disney version, it does not really exist.

Supergravity
    Participant

Gravity is a demand-pull algorithm.

V. Arnold
    Participant

That picture of a fishing schooner reminds me of the best sailing movie ever made; “Captains Courageous”.
    It features cod fishing schooners out of Halifax; sailing hard to weather heeled over to their gunwales. White knuckle viewing for a sailor.
    Holds it’s own to this very day…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.