Debt Rattle March 31 2021

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle March 31 2021

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)
  • Author

Pablo Picasso The old fisherman 1895   • Amazon’s Twitter Army Was Handpicked For “Great Sense Of Humor” (IC) • Twitter Censors Famed Epidemiolog
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle March 31 2021]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Pablo Picasso The old fisherman 1895

Here I think Picasso shows his genius…
    I love the atmospherics of this painting…

V. Arnold
    Participant

The U.S. has always had a problem with Asian women; and it makes it almost impossible for a young, single, Asian woman to get a travel visa to the U.S,, even on a tourist visa. (the U.S. thinks they will all be prostitutes…)
    How about them apples……..
    Since Trump and his China problem; it’s gotten worse and now, for the first time in my life, Asians are being attacked violently/fatally across the U.S.. And it’s not just women; men are included…
    Watching the decline (polite words) of the U.S. accelerate to hyper drive is most disturbing…
    An unleashed U.S. is a deadly danger to the world at large…
    …and the Covid only exacerbates that problem…
    Anymore, I can just barely justify my continued posting…
    It has nothing to do with TAE, just my disgust with the world I’m still a part of……….

Germ
    Participant

Pablo Picasso The old fisherman 1895

Here I think Picasso shows his genius…
    I love the atmospherics of this painting…

He was 14

Polder Dweller
    Participant

The Picasso painting is great, the Assange mural hits it out of the park.

V. Arnold
    Participant

He was 14

It just shows my ignorance…once again…
    …but, live and learn…
    Thanks Ilargi…

V. Arnold
    Participant

The Picasso painting is great, the Assange mural hits it out of the park.

Agree completely…

upstateNYer
    Participant

@V. Arnold: “now, for the first time in my life, Asians are being attacked violently/fatally across the U.S.”

Certainly not for the first time in your life. It’s been going on for decades. The US MSM is laser light focused on “white supremacist” racism right now so it’s blared in the headlines. (Unfortunately the MSM is overlooking that, proportionately, whites aren’t committing the majority of these crimes). Yes, these crimes are horrific. Violence always is. But this is not about “Trump and his China problem”. It appears to be more about beating and/or robbing an easy target since most of the Asians are elderly.

Race and False Hate Crime Narratives

Race and False Hate Crime Narratives

I know you hate the US. You’ve made that clear. But the VAST majority of US citizens are not violent. Inner cities? Yes. The rest of us? Not so much. In light of how many guns there are in our country it’s clear the majority of us are quite peaceful. In fact, I believe we’re often referred to as sheep. Must be some breed variation that produces raving mad, lunatic, violent sheep, I guess.

Dr. D
    Participant

You’re required to have a vaccine to buy food, but the vaccine they offer causes instant death.

Also, as ACTUAL doctors say – not Twitter, Facebook, and other irrelevant has-beens – not pregnant women, people with known allergies, possibly infants, and hundreds of other medical conditions we can’t imagine.

So if you have one of these conditions – are medically handicapped, in a way – then we murder you, prevent you from getting medical care, food, access…

Eugenics, much? Kill the poor, the sick, the infirm, the mentally weak, the vulnerable and underclass. Meanwhile, Karen has a $1,000 smart phone, the app, and the vaccine on the first day! Yay! Everybody’s happy, everybody wins.
    Illegal workers, the town drunk? Go die in a hole. You can’t buy nor sell without the mark, the King’s express permission. To eat. This one time, we may remove it later, like free speech ‘some conditions may apply.’

Ah, AWFL Karen and Eugenics. It’s like peanut butter and jelly. Bert and Ernie. Abbot and Costello. Penn and Teller. Last time around: Progressives and KKK, trading suffrage and ban on alcohol (for your own good! Mommy knows best!) for support with racism and Jim Crow. Yay! Family values. Later: reefer madness.

The point isn’t if YOU’RE safe: they took the vaccine, aren’t they? No, it’s that EVERYBODY ELSE HAS TO BE ME. “DO WHAT YOU’RE TOLD.” Obey. Submit or die, die, die. Die you f—-rs. Die die die because I care about you so, so much and am here to help, snookums. The devouring mother complex.

Stop.

“The measure could include as much as $3 trillion in new taxes and $4 trillion in new spending.”

New method for hyperinflation. Give $4 Trillion in stimulus so we can cover the trillions to the banks in the blizzard of dollars. The blizzard that drifts into party slush funds and payoffs. Contain the hyperinflation by sucking the money back out of the common man using crushing taxes. Because I’m sure trillions — literally infinite — to the rich and crushing poverty for the poor won’t have any bad effects. History says: Outlook not so good.

I mean, great for them, our UBI is $1,200/year, but it still causes the total failure of confidence and the collapse of the currency. …And therefore nation.

Here’s one for Madam, being more productive: https://www.nirandfar.com/pointless-arguments/

“How to (Finally) Put an End to Pointless Arguments”

The naive answer here is that people are just idiots, and everything is doomed. .[But] I’ve always been interested in taking on the discomfort of learning difficult truths and acknowledging when a blind spot has been hiding something from me. We’re all complicit in the problems around us. The least we can do is to try to use our energy to make things a tiny bit better,”

“The real lesson I hope people take away is that we have everything we need to have more productive disagreements… we just need to practice the art more deliberately, and give ourselves and others forgiveness when we fail”

https://betterhumans.pub/cognitive-bias-cheat-sheet-55a472476b18

ImgProbDenied

…The Docktor at work. Along with everybody else in America.

The Eight things to try are this: https://medium.com/thinking-is-hard/8-ways-to-practice-the-art-of-productive-disagreement-a69e9cc76e44

V. Arnold
    Participant

I know you hate the US. You’ve made that clear.

Have I now? Apparently I have not made it clear; I do not hate the US; but damned sure hate the US Government and all of its sycophants…

upstateNYer
    Participant

@Doc Robinson, from yesterday. I like your posts. You are skilled at drilling down into stats that I couldn’t find even if I had the time. It provides a good balance against the never ending onslaught of hysterical covid headlines. Please don’t stop posting them. 🙂

Germ
    Participant

“We share the urgency to expand the authorization of our vaccine to use in younger populations and are encouraged by the clinical trial data from adolescents between the ages of 12 and 15,” Bourla said in a press release.”

https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/pfizer-says-covid-jab-100-effective-children-aged-12-15

https://violationtracker.goodjobsfirst.org/parent/pfizer

Since, 2000, Pfizer has had to pay over $4.6 billion in fines, penalties and judgements for criminal, ethical and safety violations that rank the company as one of the worst offenders of international law that operates globally.

And those were the cases that Pfizer’s army of lawyers couldn’t win. Imagine what they got away with!

John Day
    Participant

I keep ruminating upon the next step in the decline and fall of Globo-Cap. The Hudson/Escobar interview is very long, but this starts “part-2” in my mind.
    thesaker.is/in-quest-of-a-multipolar-economic-world-order-with-michael-hudson-and-pepe-escobar/
    Michael Hudson: [01:11:30] I can’t give you hope. I am all in favor of public banking and I’m on Ellen Brown’s board of directors for her group. However, supposing you had a public bank in Baltimore and the public bank said, we want to provide credit for Baltimore people to be able to afford homes. They would still have to out create enough credit and enough debt to outbid what commercial banks are lending other people that want to buy houses there. So, you can’t have an Island of efficiency and public banking in a system that basically is still financialized. The problem is systemic.

It goes to the courts. You talk about seceding. Then of course it’s possible. And people in Texas were talking about seceding in the 1840s when it was largely a German population. There were more publishers publishing German language books in Texas than there were English language books. But now, I think the way Texans think, if they were to succeed it is not going to be along the lines of public banking that you want . It would be a private bank owned by the oil companies that calls itself, a public bank. We’re in a world of Orwellian rhetoric.

What can the Americans do? They already have voted. We have democracy, they’ve voted for what they wanted to do. What did they vote for? They want shorter lifespans, lower wages, less education and less public services. Their choice is to get these things by a Democrat or by a Republican. But that’s the only choice they have. Other countries have a choice to emigrate, as the Ukrainians and the Greeks and Latvians have done. But I have no idea where Americans can emigrate to.

John again: I personally think Hudson is drawing a bleak, no-way-out picture to avoid drawing attention to what he may see as possible paths out. The military-industrial-financial complex DID use “Super Imperialism” as their cookbook, after all…
    There is (as yet) no way out of the financialized, extractive vampire capitalist bleeding box that encloses America, yet. Hudson talks of “revolution” as the only way, and in broad terms. He goes into the current regime being incapable of keeping any contractual obligation, which includes domestic social-contracts with Americans. Social Security has been gutted already. It is still paying out claims, but it is bled dry. It is no longer a cash cow for globo-cap. It keeps Americans placated. As long as American “consent” is needed by globo-cap, Social Security entitlements need to keep going out every month.
    The extractive system has to extract from somewhere to keep paying maintenance expenses like S.S.
    The rest of the world has been accepting &US, backed by US credit, for stuff they make, and shipping that stuff to Americans, which supports Americans every day. It’s not so much “trade” as extraction, since the US does send some grain, and licensed intellectual property, but mostly military enforcers.
    The rest of the world knows it is paying to be enslaved, supporting the system which enslaves and bleeds it. Russia, China, Iran, Turkey and India and Pakistan all know the score.
    So do Germany and Japan, but they are regional intermediaries of the imperial system. The intermediaries are important bellwethers. They need to maintain a favorable position in global economy as the hegemony of Western Global Capitalism under the Petrodollar regime is replaced. This transition needs to be “peaceful”, at least not WW-3.
    Monetary transition needs a parallel trade and finance system. There is always gold.
    “Digital gold” is gold. Physical gold has done more ocean travel in recent years, but it mostly travels conceptually via the internet.
    The Shanghai Cooperation Organization is a working parallel trade organization, which Hudson and Escobar discuss.
    “The Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) is an intergovernmental organization founded in Shanghai on 15 June 2001. The SCO currently comprises eight Member States (China, India, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Pakistan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan), four Observer States interested in acceding to full membership (Afghanistan, Belarus, Iran, and Mongolia) and six “Dialogue Partners” (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Cambodia, Nepal, Sri Lanka and Turkey).”
    dppa.un.org/en/shanghai-cooperation-organization#:~:text=The%20SCO%20currently%20comprises%20eight,Cambodia%2C%20Nepal%2C%20Sri%20Lanka%20and
    Within those nations, trade is increasing in various non-dollar accounting instruments. The use of the $US as both a means of extraction and a means of bullying-exclusion from global trade has thrust the imperative upon China, Russia, pariah-states and tribute-states alike to build a parallel global trade and finance system. Trust is shot these days, so I think gold-backed cryptocurrency will have to be the fallback.
    The Fed can’t print gold, so the Fed loses out. The rest of the world can’t be bled, so “TROW” gets a better trade position going forward. There is massive disruption of trade and accounting, but maybe that will come first. Maybe disruption of global financial accounting will happen, and the world will be forced into some degree of debt jubilee and financial reset, without value extraction by globocap and central-bankers. The technology exists. The rationale has existed longer than any living human, and was broadly seen as inevitable before the 1980s, as Hudson lays out.
    In the best case scenario the American people can trade stuff for agency and autonomy. Less cheap stuff will come into the Port of Los Angeles, but we will again be able to devise and create, not merely “comply”. We will work out local economies efficiently, as we, and all of our ancestors have always done. We will need to focus a lot more locally. The $US has also kept us divided and conquered at the local and regional levels. At least Americans, some Americans, can still vote with their feet. That stands to really hurt the people who cannot move away from places like Chicago and Detroit.
    American cities and states will need broad debt-forgiveness, but those trapped people still need food, water, shelter, fuel, community and medical care. They need physical protection, too.
    Parasitic gangs need productive-economy options, decent jobs. Parasitic-gang members have the same needs as everybody else, and need a better job-offer. A national infrastructure and public works project has been the historical answer. Some people will be abrasive, lazy, scheming and will do crap work. They still have to be rehabilitated from outright criminality.
    I think that local money, community banking can come in at this point. A gold-backed $US will be forced upon the current seat of empire. No more free-printing.
    Local communities would create local credit for local projects, as Ellen Brown sees in the Bank of North Dakota, and Hudson mentions.
    There could be national reserve currency, backed by gold and silver, and local credit money, through community banking. The local credit money should be incentivized to stay local. Distant extraction of rents should really be eliminated, since it “kills the host”.

Dr. D
    Participant

My impression of Asian violence is that it’s fake, like everything else adult Americans say. Or maybe 90% of us. It’s only 100% in the media.

Is there an uptick? Yes. And in ALL CATEGORIES. That is, violence against all people is happening, particularly in the bad (need I say who) cities. NYC violent crime, what, doubled? Minneapolis, doubled? Baltimore isn’t enforcing the law, so that should help super. Those places are stellar compared to the Geroge Floyd Autonomous zone, where they shoot off a banana clip of rifle fire into a house every night. https://disrn.com/news/george-floyd-square-has-descended-into-a-deadly-police-free-autonomous-zone

The OTHER part of this total bag of lies is who is doing it. Explore any of them and you’ll see whites – and that’s not even trying to find mythical sasquatch, the “supremacists” – are wildly UNrepresented. But that’s okay: TikTok says “White Supremacy” is unrelated to color altogether, completing their square circle where all (non DNC) blacks are now white supremacists.

Why, of why do they make me categorize things in this false, illogical, unscientific way? Their bat-religion that divides people into groups then demands they act according to their own ego-tropes, leaving me to have to go find a thing called “reality” in a thing called “data” that’s clearly published for the literate.

Theory: they are doing this at China’s behest, since China has pull with self-same media and top security committee members like Swalwell and Feinstein. The NBA. Disney, the whole list of criminals. The worldwide merger of corporation and state and its many participants.

Example: No nay never use “China Virus” cuz muh racism, although that’s the way we’ve identified diseases since pre-history. Okay, fine, maybe it’s time for a new day on that. Minute later, they call the “South African Variant”, the “U.K. variant” aaaaaaaaand showing they have no morals, no principles, no logic, and are simply, gain-power-for-hire, say-anything, by-any-means-necessary garden variety thieves, liars, oppressors, and slaveowners, punching down like USA Today and the NYTimes. Fronting for Zuck and Bezos and Pfizer.

So what do we have? Same as last year…if you didn’t notice…they just insert-random-group-here, and CLAIM that a mere 9 unarmed black men being shot by police is a sign we have separate drinking fountains and 70 million KKK members hunting people down in the streets. One DAY after leaving a black president, with the same black presidential voters voted for the next guy, and the black support DOUBLING for that next guy over 4 years. What do I say, every. single. day.?

“We make s—t up!” That’s our motto. I don’t care if it’s TRUE. It could be, I’ve never bothered to check since I was 5 years old in my Manhattan placement preschool prep-for-Yale. I only care that it GIVES ME POWER.
    The reason for power is power. The use of power is more power. If it gives me power I say it. If it doesn’t, I deny it. A simple, one-dimensional world. Black and white.

So, being bored and run that train on the mere 9 black men, when 400 (poor) white men were also shot, they turned seamlessly into their new narrative fantasy, that there is some anti-Asian thing going on, when there isn’t. I mean, except at Harvard and Yale, where they pointedly disenfranchise the nation’s smallest minority and bar them from college because they are too successful. The media and Biden Administration and Supreme Court defend open racism and fly that flag with pride!

Asians are also most likely to be business owners, paid more, more successful, well, you get the idea. Their “crime” is that they need to be destroyed because they get in the way of “The Narrative”™ The fake, violent, oppressive narrative that destroys us and transfers all our wealth to the Oligarchs, using their power-for-hire, fake reporters, their fake stories, in fake magazines, listed on fake markets, levitated with fake money.

I wouldn’t worry too much about Asian violence because it’s not happening. It’s just crime in criminal run h–lholes in the few insider cities run so badly, with such absolute lack of logic, that they stopped policing, stopped paying policemen, and started paying criminals instead.

Wish I were joking. I’m not. Literally that is their action and their published plan. HereLetMeGoogleThatForYou.com

But hey, go anywhere else at all in the whole country, to a mountianview diner in the Blue Ridge, to a national park in Wyoming, any place unwok, and have a fine time. Peole don’t hate you there for your race: they’re equal opportunity and hate everybody ‘cause pure cussedness.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/585152/people-shot-to-death-by-us-police-by-race/ (does not break out armed v unarmed)

Lies? Statista’s very first word after posting that chart is: “the trend of fatal police shootings in the United States seems to only be increasing” when the four years they list are all identical, by both race and number. Sounds like the CDC: post data, then conclude the opposite in the synopsis. #AntiLogic Illogics-R-Us. Every day.

John Day
    Participant

https://www.johndayblog.com/2021/03/life-support-ruminations.html

It’s the essay above, just re-edited a bit.

madamski cafone
    Participant

From yesterday’s thread:

@ Vietnam Vet

“The statistical average is cyclic due to mostly seasonal flu and winter depression. But the coronavirus mitigations implemented so far have eliminated seasonal flu. Clearly the spikes last year and at the beginning of this year are due to the pandemic.”

It’s easy to say “Clearly the spikes last year and at the beginning of this year are due to the pandemic.” but perhaps not so easy to demonstrate? From John Hopkins Institute:

“How It Spreads Both the flu and COVID-19 spread in similar ways. Droplets or smaller virus particles from a sick person can transmit the virus to other people nearby. The smallest particles may linger in the air, and another person can inhale them and become infected. Or, people can touch a surface with viruses on it, and then transfer the germs to themselves by touching their face. People infected with the coronavirus or the flu may not realize they are sick for several days, and during that time can unknowingly spread the disease to others before they even feel sick.”

Both flu and covid spread in roughly the same way. If influenza has disappeared, so therefore should have covid. I don’t buy it.

madamski cafone
    Participant

Oh, Pablo. I love when his empathy shows. He was kind of a narcissistic prick but that was with people, especially women. But with portrait subjects, different story. The Old Man @ the Sea probably drrew some of its inspiration from this?

Bill7
    Participant

>Sounds like the CDC: post data, then conclude the opposite in the synopsis. #AntiLogic Illogics-R-Us. Every day.

Carefully-induced cognitive dissonance.. the elite’s program of Destabilization continues. 😉

Notice the hyper-aggressive front ends of motor vehicles these days, replete w/ those insipid ‘eyebrow’
    daytime-on lights? Don’t they just make you feel warm n’ cozy ?

madamski cafone
    Participant

I’m sorry, but why does every still I see of Tucker Carlson look like a cow that’s just been pole-axed?

madamski cafone
    Participant

@ V. Arnold

“Anymore, I can just barely justify my continued posting…
    It has nothing to do with TAE, just my disgust with the world I’m still a part of……….”

Yours are the most consistently gentlemeanly remarks of all here, imo.

Michael Reid
    Participant

@madamski

I concur with the selection of sativa. The effect of this strain is energetic, creative and uplifting. It is the total opposite of indica.

madamski cafone
    Participant

“@Doc Robinson, from yesterday. I like your posts. You are skilled at drilling down into stats that I couldn’t find even if I had the time. It provides a good balance against the never-ending onslaught of hysterical covid headlines. Please don’t stop posting them.”

I would never want him to stop sharing such stats. Nor would I want anyone refrain from questioning the stats, any interpretation thereof, or the merit of either in addressing covid concerns. I like Doc Robinson. He’s provided some fine insights and data.

@ Dr. D

Thanx for the suggested reading. fwiw, confirmation bias is not my concern with your posts. Data hygiene and rhetorical precision are my beefs. Statements like this, for example: “The OTHER part of this total bag of lies is who is doing it.” It’s expressively satisfying to say “total bag of lies” but once we begin accepting this, we lose our ability to distinguish when it’s just hyperbole for expression’ sake and just plain exaggerated nonsense. It’s a nit pick… but those are some BIG nits.

Said nits bid us to mistrust your statements in a non-productive way, making us have to sift through excessive over-the-top pronouncements, beginning with your first statement:

“You’re required to have a vaccine to buy food, but the vaccine they offer causes instant death.”

Both clauses are patent BULLSHIT. One may not be able to enter a grocery store without a vacc-pass in some places, but one can shop and order online, pick it up or have it delivered. Nor does the vaccine offered deliver instant death. Further on in your posts, you’ll typically provide brilliant insights with marvelous data behind it. But you tend to bury it in absolutist and exaggerated language as if your spleen were directly connected to your keypad.

If that’s the style you like, I understand. But insomuch as you present as hard truth your stylistic quirks, expect to be called out for it, even ridiculed not unlike how you ridicule so many entities with little regard for the truth.

It’s a thing I have about truth. It’s what I want, no less. Call it truth and then short-change me, and you’ll hear complaints, especially about useless remarks like this:

“Wish I were joking. I’m not. Literally that is their action and their published plan. HereLetMeGoogleThatForYou.com”

Why not wear a hairshirt, dust yourself with the ashes of the dead, and stand on a corner crying Woe Unto Whom/What-Ever? There’s a difference between ‘I denounce them because they’re wrong and here’s why’, and ‘They’re wrong because I denounce them, trust me’. Maybe you can’t tell the difference, in which case I should leave you alone and be happy you have a place to share your angst: lord knows we all have our share.

But I want to think that you can. Silly girl, me, always wanting to think the best of people. It’s almost gotten me killed more than once, and caused my older son great trauma at a young age for which I still berate myself.

^&*

“gentlemeanly”

Not a Freudian slip. Arthritic hands and old eyes. May all that you dream, barring nightmares, come true. Not just because dreams come true sound like the very best, but also because life makes more sense from that perspective. We project our dreams onto reality, and it therefore is best that we dream our own dreams not those of others. Here’s to yours:

All That You Dream

zerosum
    Participant

Tweeters, bloggers, and commentators will not be interviewed by these enablers to submit solutions, due to liability consideration.
    (That includes us at TAE because we are supporters of alternate effective remedies, V D3. etc.)

“Dr. Kulldorff serves on the Covid-19 vaccine safety subgroup that the CDC, NIH, and FDA rely upon for technical expertise on this very subject.”
    ———–
    Who is right and who is wrong?
    ” … including across the length and breadth of Peru and Iran as well as parts of Brazil, Paraguay, Bolivia, the Dominican Republic and India.”
    “Mexico City is the first major global city to adopt what amounts to a test-and-treat approach to covid-19 involving ivermectin.
    anyone testing positive at any one of the city’s 250 rapid testing sites would be given ivermectin.”

————
    “vaccine” or “test”
    Laughing all the way to the bank

http://www.advisory.com/en/daily-briefing/2020/06/17/covid-test-cost
    Why your coronavirus test could cost $23—or $2,315
    (Staying ignorant will prevent high blood pressure. Therefore do not go to the links provided.)

http://www.managedhealthcareexecutive.com/view/the-price-tags-on-the-covid-19-vaccines
    The Price Tags on the COVID-19 Vaccines
    March 15, 2021
    Deborah Abrams Kaplan , Peter Wehrwein

“Pfizer CFO Frank D’Amelio described Pfizer’s $19.50-per-dose price as “pandemic pricing” and “that’s not a normal price like we typically get for a vaccine, $150, $175 per dose.”

http://www.health.com/condition/infectious-diseases/coronavirus/anal-swabs-coronavirus

China Is Using Anal Swabs to Test for Coronavirus—Here’s What Experts Think
    Nose and throat swabs are standard in the US, but the new swab test might be more accurate, according to some experts.
    By Claire Gillespie January 29, 2021
    An anal swab test involves inserting a cotton swab 1.2 to 2 inches into the rectum. Once it’s there, the swab is gently rotated several times, then removed and placed into a sample container. The entire process only takes about 10 seconds.

(Note:
    # 1.The above prices do not include incidental costs to administer the test or the vaccine. Nobody is working for free or supplying equipment, facilities, for free
    Note # 2:
    The anal swab might have been discontinued)
    ————
    Don’t worry about the cost!
    Its going to be a jubilee for the lenders/printers/bankers

• A Fourth Stimulus Check? Momentum Grows For Recurring Payments (Fox32)
    • Biden To Unveil $2 Trillion Infrastructure Proposal (Hill)
    Futures Flat, Yields Rise Ahead Of Biden Multi-Trillion Infrastructure Plan
    White House Unveils Details Of Biden’s $2.25 Trillion Infrastructure Plan, Massive Tax Hikes
    ———–
    I told you. You didn’t believe me. Unescorted tourists taking selfies.

• Many Capitol Rioters Unlikely To Serve Jail Time (Pol.)
    In recent days, judges, prosecutors and defense attorneys have all indicated that they expect few of these “MAGA tourists” to face harsh sentences. There are two main reasons: Although prosecutors have loaded up their charging documents with language about the existential threat of the insurrection to the republic, the actions of many of the individual rioters often boiled down to trespassing.

madamski cafone
    Participant

“not unlike how you ridicule so many entities with little regard for the truth.”

In both senses: the little regard for truth of, say, MSNBC, and also that of our dear Dr. D. when he feels like spewing.

Mr. House
    Participant

Wolf Richter
    Mar 30, 2021 at 9:53 pm

Look, if everyone goes on a buyer’s strike for six months and doesn’t look at houses, and doesn’t click on real estate ads, and doesn’t look at real estate sites, the whole schmear would come down. Then you’d have SELLERS getting desperate and out-price-cutting each other.

It’s the silly buyers with FOMO out the wazoo that are causing this.

You could apply that logic to just about every problem we face, but Wolf wouldn’t print that comment. We’re in our second tour of duty against it which shall not be named dontcha know. Perception is everything. If someone or something lies to you for 30 or more years straight, you prob shouldn’t believe anything they say.

upstateNYer
    Participant

@Archie: I emailed you yesterday from my gmail account, subject line: it’s upstateNYer . If you haven’t received it yet, maybe it’s in your spam? (it did come from gmail after all). 🙂

thomasjkenney
    Participant

@madamski & @Michael Reid re: indica/sativa differences…

Subtle, but very important: indica will suppress dreams, sativa will stimulate them. My brother suffers from night terrors, and uses indica to keep a lid on things. This is a medium-duration effect, lasting a day or two after a single use. This may be tied to an increase in depression suffered by people who only/primarily use indica.

island raider
    Participant

WHO updated their ‘Therapeutics and Covid-19’ Meta-analysis document today. For Ivermectin, they report an 80% relative reduction in mortality (7% in the treatment group and 1.4% in the group receiving Ivermectin). Their conclusions:
    Plain text summary for the mortality endpoint: “The effect of ivermectin on mortality is uncertain”
    Overall summary for the use of Ivermectin on patients with Covid-19: “We recommend not to use ivermectin in patients with COVID-19 except in the context of a clinical trial”.
    Got it! 80% mortality reduction is uncertain & don’t use it even if more people die. Perfect. Totally rational. Totally ethical. Link to download the report, if anyone is interested: https://www.who.int/publications/i/item/WHO-2019-nCoV-therapeutics-2021.1

Mr. House
    Participant

@island raider

They want us to die dude.

WES
    Participant

Michael Reid:

I replied to your “small town” comment late March 29. Maybe you missed it?

island raider
    Participant

I screwed that up above. Should have read:
    7% mortality in the CONTROL group and 1.4% in the group receiving Ivermectin.
    Mr. House’s conclusion… Hard to dispute. Merck has rights you know!

madamski cafone
    Participant

“indica will suppress dreams, sativa will stimulate them. My brother suffers from night terrors, and uses indica to keep a lid on things.”

That partly explains why it works so well for PTSD flashbacks.

WES
    Participant

If you consider the Matt Gaetz story to be strange, please learn to recognize the following constant narrative pattern occurring.

The State Dept uses CNN
    The FBI/DofJ use the New York Times 《============ @#$%&€£¥₩
    The CIA use the Washington Post.

So the DofJ leaks to the New York Times, that Matt Gaetz is being investigated.
    Ask yourself why would the DofJ leak that they are investigating Matt Gaetz?
    In a real criminal investigation there would be no leak as that would jeopardize the criminal investigation!
    Clearly this is the DofJ driving a political narrative.
    A drive by gutter smear hit! Trial by media!
    Matt Gaetz is to be tried and convicted by the media court.
    Matt Gaetz knows this.
    Politics is after all a blood sport.

Again when reading these types of stories, please take note of who is given the job of narrating the story. Then you know who is behind it.

Doc Robinson
    Participant

• The Fourth Surge Is Upon Us. This Time, It’s Different. (Atl.)
    “…people who have a breakthrough case despite vaccination have been shown to have lower viral loads compared with unvaccinated people, and so are likely much less contagious.

Wrong. “Much less contagious” is actually 11% less contagious, according to recent research:

Unvaccinated people produce 2.58 to 4.5 times more virus than vaccinated people do, researchers report March 29 in Nature Medicine. Those data show vaccinated people have a lower “viral load” and are less likely to pass the coronavirus to others if they do become infected, but the effect is not as strong as might be hoped to truly limit transmission, Kilpatrick says. That reduction in viral load amounts to about an 11 percent decrease in infectiousness, he says. “That’s good … but you’d like to be half as infectious or three-quarters lower infectiousness.”

Moderna and Pfizer COVID-19 vaccines may block infection as well as disease

With the reported real-world effectiveness of the mRNA vaccines being 90%, this means that the vaccines are ineffective for 10% of those who are vaccinated. and the resulting breakthrough cases will be nearly as transmissible (89%) as unvaccinated people who come down with Covid.

WES
    Participant

John Day:

I bet our powers-to-be are still cursing Bismark to this day for complicating their job by introducing old age retirement pensions at the early age of 65!

Bismark was no socialist but he must have been desperate enough to achieve his political goals that he was willing to restore peace with striking working class German workers by bribing them with a pension most of the workers would never live long enough to collect!

zerosum
    Participant

Watch Live: Biden Unveils $2.25 Trillion Infrastructure Plan In Pittsburgh

https://mixkit.co/free-sound-effects/applause/
    Free Applause Sound Effects
    41 Free Applause Sound Effects. Add the moment every performer strives for, the scene of the final curtain fall or even the begging of an encore with this collection of clapping and applause sounds. From crowds cheering and soft claps to a wild and roaring round of applause, these free sounds deserve a standing ovation. All of our sound effects are free to download and ready to use

madamski cafone
    Participant

@ WES

Since Gaetz appears to be a fairly standardized corruption package albeit of the maverick variety, I ask why now? Is it something he did or is it because he has a dicey enough past and such an obnoxiously majestic face (big enough to hide an alien megabrain… if only;) ) that tossing him to the raptosaurs can buy a week or at least a few days of tabloidesque distraction? Likely to recoccur usefully as the toilet gas bubbles up through the courts? That drip…drip…drip… Cuomo provides?

The man looks like JFK in a Jethro Bodean mask. Doing a Richard Nixon impersonation:

JFKthro

Ah, the Bodeans:

Runaway

^&*

Looks like the free $$$ rides for the covid vaccine industry is over, that is, reduced to mere business rather than exorbitant graft. I see carpet rollups starting here and there every day now since last weekend.

Michael Reid
    Participant

@ WES

Thank you for the response and some of your previous comments have stuck in my mind which means they were significant to me because there is a lot of stuff I am forgetting these days. I usually don’t respond unless there is a question or a point I am trying to share.

Like you I found Toronto very unfriendly and difficult to establish relationships. People were disconnected from each other and no feeling of community. Maybe cities should not be allowed to exist. Most of the people that I met were from college but I was also helped socially because there were quite a few people from my hometown in Toronto at the time and a bunch of us were in the apartments just below York university.

I was doing Electronics Engineering Technology on a full tuition scholarship at DeVry Institute of Technology and it was not until the end of that that I met a nice Quebec girl.

After that, like your brother, I went to the University of Waterloo but I did Computer Engineering.

WES
    Participant

So we can’t call it the China virus. Maybe because Dr. Fauci was financing the Wuhan lab experiments in gain of function? Clearly the CCP has invisible puppet strings tied to Dr. Fauci.

The 1918 flu started in the US but the Spanish got blamed for it! It was called the Spanish Flu because Spain was the only country that wasn’t censoring their media! See how that worked!

Since both China and the US are censoring their media, a country called Covid was blamed! The science helped by giving it a number! Covid-19!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.