Debt Rattle May 18 2022

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle May 18 2022

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    John Day
    Participant

@Boscohorowitz: Putin makes war against financial capitalism. Vladimir is a “stand-up guy” 🙂

@Figmund Sreud: I heartily accept your agreement with me.

@Zerosum
    : “It’s acruel, cruel summer…” https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/half-bidens-twitter-followers-are-fake-according-audit

John Day
    Participant

This just in! half of “Joe Biden’s” twitter 22 million followers appear to be fake (still under 5% of total though?) https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/half-bidens-twitter-followers-are-fake-according-audit

Everyday I check the earth via the IRIS earthquake page. Sometimes there are little earthquakes (iris shows only 4+) in impossible places, and I wonder if someone hasn’t just tested a nuke. Occasionally, the posted quake is removed- like in Oz a while back in aum shinrikyo’s territory.
    I think of what the insanely corrupt US.gov has to hide in Ukraine, and I have no doubts that they would use nukes if it would cover their imperial asses.
    I also think more groups have nukes than are acknowledged. I even think a few billionaires have them.

Dr D Rich
    Participant

Another canary in the coal mine…and they, it, keep coming first while we remain benighted by COVID. Notwithstanding the very nature of the COVID distraction distracts from the fact rising neonatal/infant is a harbinger of a system failing, indeed, gone awry. Shame on us, physicians for letting self-ascribed leaders, administrators, politicians and nurse executives distract us.

“Public Health Scotland (PHS) said the deaths could not have been down to chance”

https://www.zerohedge.com/medical/investigation-launched-after-mystery-surge-deaths-newborn-babies

Redneck
    Participant

I am surprised but encouraged to see that Ritter is not totally committed to his earlier analysis. I now only look at the actual events on the ground and let the talking heads alone.

Redneck
    Participant

The cruelty and absence of justice for Assange is heartbreaking. As an Australian it undermines the love for my country every time I see an article about him. What have we become?

Dr D Rich
    Participant

Another canary in the coal mine…and they, it, keep coming FAST while we remain benighted by COVID. Notwithstanding, the very nature of the COVID distraction averts from the fact rising neonatal/infant MORTALITY is a harbinger of a system failing, indeed, gone awry. Shame on us, physicians for letting self-ascribed leaders, administrators, politicians and nurse executives distract us.

And the Scots provide a working example of rejection of the null hypothesis.
    “Public Health Scotland (PHS) said the deaths could not have been down to chance”

https://www.zerohedge.com/medical/investigation-launched-after-mystery-surge-deaths-newborn-babies

aspnaz
    Participant

@chooch said

So the fat lady hasn’t sung and Ritter is no longer a Z-tard.

Only the weak see updates to one’s opinion as weakness. The strong understand that as times change then a review of the facts is required, they have the balls to then update their opinion. Do you think that the military leaders are not changing their minds daily as the situation evolves?

I am always wary of individuals – especially ex military intelligence people – who become esteemed sources of information or opinion for the alternative media. The intelligence industry is surely clever enough to plant people in alternative media, establish their reputation as a reliable source then use them to guide the conversation at critical times during the campaign: the US and UK intelligence agencies will have done this so many times.

For me, any change of opinion regarding the tide of victory will require at least one victory declaration from NATO. Azovstal does not count as a NATO victory, despite being PRed that way, but I am sure we will hear when NATO has a victory and then we can start assessing whether NATO is “winning”, whatever that means. In the end Russia can crush Europe just by turning off the gas: Russia is not in trouble if they are not even using their big sticks.

ezlxa1949
    Participant

“They’re operating within an impenetrable superstructure of ideology” -Journalist Michael Tracy”
    So what else is new? This is normal. Again I recommend reading Arthur Ponsonby’s book “Falsehood in War Time” about WW1. The first casualty in war is truth. The book is out of copyright and can be downloaded in PDF format. My position is simple and simplistic: I don’t trust anything I read or hear. Full stop.

Harari and friends and the transhumanist project
    So, they think they will not surely die? Oh, get real. Come on, eternally clever transhumanists, tell me: what are you going to do about the laws of thermodynamics? Are you going to conquer and change them? And exactly what will you DO with your immortality? Who wants to live on and on and on in a universe subject to the laws of thermodynamics which will in the very long-term decay away? What utter futility.

Australian federal elections
    Final voting day is this Saturday. A campaign of half-truths and pomposity is well under way. Will the fossil-fuel obsessed, biosphere-harming neoliberals get back in, or will we get a glimmer of hope and install a slightly more humane and realistic bunch? We are riders on the storm.

Julian Assange
    So sad. Justice stands far off, truth has fallen in the streets. “Assange delenda est!” is the goal. As another Australian, it distresses me to see how our righteous government has abandoned one of its citizens. Perfidious Albion. Perfidious Australia. I have lost all trust in both major political parties to have compassion for anyone except themselves.

I am so completely fed up with everything.

Antidote
    Participant

Big D said:

“Shame on us, physicians for letting self-ascribed leaders, administrators, politicians and nurse executives distract us.”

No , shame on YOU.

Asshole

chooch
    Participant

aspnaz,

Let me first preface the following by saying that the US is long overdue for a trip to the woodshed.

Today there was a headline, “Russian gymnast Ivan Kuliak receives one-year ban for wearing ‘Z,’ symbolizing support for war in Ukraine”.

What does that mean? Would you wear a Z in support of the “special military operation” to hunt down Nazis and dismantle the Ukrainian military? Is that what is really going on here?

Right now, it seems Putin derives his power from the fact that he maintains a high approval rating from the general population. They perceive it to their benefit to support him. This requires constant management (control) on his part. Coercion, fear, and this high approval keeps those that would challenge him at bay.

Ivan, such a good Russian boy you are.

Seems like the is more of a cultural thing at play here, kinda like Taiwan and one China. Putin’s Russia believes that the Ukraine is a country of inferior Russians controlled by Nazis who brainwashed the rest into submission. But these inferior Ukrainian Russians really want to become normal, Re-Russify. This special operation was a humanitarian operation. Russians are shocked at the resistance and believe the Ukrainian’s are soup Nazis.

As you said, “Do you think that the military leaders are not changing their minds daily as the situation evolves?”

Obviously?

Plan A – seize Kyiv, Kharkiv, capture government leaders and force political accommodation [Fail]

Plan B – mount multi-axis attacks on a slower time scale [Fail]

Now it seems they have been pushed backed (downgraded their goals) to the eastern border with a land bridge to Crimea.

Total collapse in Russian morale eminent? Can Putin control the narrative? Get more Russians to volunteer for this special military operation? At this point, what is the point? Ukrainians do not want to be liberated. They, with the help/support of most of the world would like to see Putin punished for the death and destruction they heaped upon the Ukrainians. I think Putin is about to take a trip to the woodshed.

willem said, “You might want to read what Andrei Martyanov has to say about Khodaryonok today”

I did, I think Martranov rode the short bus to school.

chooch
    Participant

soup Nazis.

zerosum
    Participant

With my right eye I see …..
    With my left eye I see the reverse.
    I’m afraid to look with both eyes.

WES
    Participant

All I know for sure is hundreds more Ukrainians got cancelled today, getting us one day closer to the last Ukrainian.
    The real war, WW3 is being waged on us.
    Like the Ukrainians, we are losing too.

SeaBirds
    Participant

@bosco thanks for the link, I downloaded the book and it looks like a very good and interesting read. As you once said “Why can’t we all have a President like Putin”?

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.