Debt Rattle May 2 2020

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle May 2 2020

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author

Yevgeny Khaldei – 75 years ago the Soviet banner was raised over the Reichstag. 11 million Soviet soldiers died in WW2 and three-quarters of German lo
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle May 2 2020]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Yevgeny Khaldei – 75 years ago the Soviet banner was raised over the Reichstag. 11 million Soviet soldiers died in WW2 and three-quarters of German losses were suffered at the hands of the Red Army – May 2 1945

Visually/historically, far more impressive than the iconic Iwo Jima image on Mt. Suribachi…

anticlimactic
    Participant

PERSPECTIVE

Almost all reporting on the virus is about generating fear, and the best way too do this is ignorance.

‘Officially’ there are about 3.4 million cases globally, but we know there have been that many in the UK alone. Scaling up the Stanford result suggested 30 million Americans had been infected at that time. Antibody tests in the States seem to be about 14% positive, implying about 50 million infections. [It really irritates me when any article assumes the ‘official’ figures are meaningful in any way]

What I would love to see is a distribution chart based on age of death with this disease. I would suggest it would be almost completely flat until the age of 70 when it would rise to a large peak at 80. The data is available but would give the ‘wrong’ impression!

We know for those under 50 the chance of dying would be 5 in 100,000. There are likely more deaths than this because of lockdowns! Why would these people be in lockdown. To slow transmission?

We know it is not possible to eliminate the disease. The Chineses failed even with their drastic actions.

We know infection does not give immunity so people will be reinfected. We know a large number are asymptomatic. We know the virus can survive up to 60C so summer will not prevent infection. Put together it suggests the disease will become endemic.

Either lockdowns remain in place forever or they are pointless. All of us will be exposed to the virus at some point, so it is just delaying the inevitable.

The global population is estimated at 7.8 billion. With an average lifespan of 70 this would mean for the year-to-date there will have been about 37 million deaths. Deaths from the virus is about 0.6%! Some may claim it is in ‘addition’ so is significant, but the average age at death seems to be around 80 so not really.

zerosum
    Participant

The evidence is there

“If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck”

(Some say it was a bat, not a duck)

Can’t you see/smell the smoke!
    (The pollution went down due to the lack of economic activity)

1. Jubilee for the elites
    (The count is in the trillions, not billions)

2. The crash, (Slow boil), of our social/economic system.

(“The sky is falling!” a common idiom indicating a hysterical or mistaken belief that disaster is imminent.)

3. The USA shot themselves in the foot for a dollar.

(• At this point in time, the US has 5% of the world’s population, 33% of its COVID19 infections and 26% of deaths.)

This was always going to happen. There’s nothing left for me to do but to watch my preparations play out.

zerosum
    Participant

Another petri dish

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/05/philippines-10000-prisoners-released-virus-fears-200502095707880.html

NEWS/PHILIPPINES
    Philippines: Nearly 10,000 prisoners released over virus fears
    COVID-19 outbreaks have been reported at some of the country’s most overcrowded jails, affecting both inmates and staff.

Among those that have reported outbreaks is the Quezon City Jail in the capital, Manila, a facility so crowded that inmates take turns sleeping on staircases and open-air basketball courts.

The worst outbreaks so far are at two prisons in the central island of Cebu, where two city jails have announced a combined 348 infections among more than 8,000 inmates as of Friday.
    More than 450 jails currently hold some 136,000 inmates, according to government data, and health experts are warning that the situation is a ticking time-bomb.

As of Saturday, the Philippines has recorded 8,928 coronavirus cases and 603 deaths.

Maxwell Quest
    Participant

“US Approves Remdesivir for Coronavirus Treatment (GR)”
    “80 Patients, Staff Infected at Texas Nursing Home, HCQ Saves All But 1 (GP)”
    “Manhattan Nursing Home Reports 98 Coronavirus Deaths (G.)”

One of the most fascinating stories to follow over the past couple of months was the intentional trashing of the HCQ/Zinc therapy for Covid-19, while elevating that of Remdesivir. The first, a proven success but unprofitable; the second, just the opposite.

This has a similar feel to when the major tobacco companies were willing to lie in the face of overwhelming scientific evidence and sacrifice millions of lives to the ravages of lung cancer for profit.

Nothing has changed. This is America. This is neoliberal capitalism, where wealth extraction is the highest priority, trumping even human life itself. Let me know when someone is held accountable.

What I’ve been saying all along, Maxwell. Wonder what’s going to happen to the, what was it, 29 million (?) doses of HCQ Trump said they ordered.

Remdesivir, as per the “very scientific” clinical trial, doesn’t have any benefits other than you MAYBE spend two or three fewer days in hospital. And I would want to see that proven. Far as I can see it may well have zero benefits. But at least it doesn’t cause heart issues, right, those things that HCQ never caused in 70 years but now does, out of the blue.

Gilead “donates” 1.5 million doses of remdesivir, which tells you they expect to sell 100 million to the US government. And the worst thing about this scam is that the one drug that may actually help people -which remdesivir is not, the trial proves that- will no longer be available.

I ran this piece the other day about an Italian clinic that treats 65,000 rheumatoid arthritis and lupus sufferers with HCQ. You think they’d do that if these patients got heart attacks?

Kimo
    Participant

The WHO: Buyers of Death
    The two nursing home stories highlights why the WHO seems on hard times. I understand that world politics must be interwoven in their efforts. Yet decisions appear to have compromised their efforts to attend to world health. It is painful to see them turn their back on Taiwan to appease the CCP. Regardless of the population discrepancies, at some point it is evident that the world at large would benefit health-wise by recognizing Taiwan as a political entity of it’s own, just to leverage what they are sharing with the world. There are very stark differences in outcomes between CCP controlled China and Taiwan, which I don’t plan to detail here. Suffice to say I conclude that the WHO by it’s actions, appear as co-opted by the CCP, perhaps by bribes or extortion ala Epstein, both of which are established tools of the CCP to against entities of leverage.
    This week, while the world seems preoccupied by Remdesivir, another nail in the WHO coffin has come to my attention. Out of left field, the Eastern Virginia Medical School has issued a fine document, describing a CCP Virus treatment plan that “has achieved near uniform success” with drugs that are “safe, cheap and “readily” available”.
    EVMS is not complimentary of the WHO [ bolding mine, credit Market Ticker].

“Providing supportive care (with ventilators that themselves stoke the fire) and waiting for the cytokine fire to burn itself out simply does not work… this approach has FAILED and has led to the death of tens of thousands of patients. The systematic failure of critical care systems to adopt corticosteroid therapy resulted from the published recommendations against corticosteroids use by the World Health Organization (WHO), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the American Thoracic Society (ATS) amongst others. A very recent publication by the Society of Critical Care Medicine and authored one of the members of our group (UM), identified the errors made by these organizations in their analyses of corticosteroid studies based on the findings of the SARS and H1N1 pandemics. Their erroneous recommendation to avoid corticosteroids in the treatment of COVID-19 has led to the development of myriad organ failures which have overwhelmed critical care systems across the world.”

In light of the above, and the focus on Remdesivir, I can not help but wonder if the WHO is also being played by Big Pharma to detriment of world health. I don’t expect perfection, just a single minded focus on saving lives from disease. As a start of saving the noblest of organizations, I would expect:

Tedros steps aside as a demonstration of his personal priorities
    very loud promotion of the EVMS therapy described above, assuming it has merit
    bring Taiwan into the world health community as a full fledged member

The WHO appears gravely ill. WHO, heal thyself!

VietnamVet
    Participant

WaPo points out that the White House is testing and tracking people for coronavirus infections that the rest of the United States has not implemented. VP Pence does not need to wear a mask at the Mayo Clinic since he and all who have contact with him are tested to be virus free. The Congress can do things instantaneously if it wants. It gave it 4 trillion dollars to Wall Street weeks ago.

Proof that the Elite do not give a damn for workers from Mount Sinai Hospital to Staten Island Amazon Fulfillment Center is that universal testing, tracking and isolation has not been implemented anywhere in the USA except the White House. If the Masters of the Universe can be bailed out, so can essential workers. The White House and Congress simply do not want to. Instead hundreds of thousands of Americans will be killed by haphazard Republican State economic reopenings without any scheme to keep the infected from exposing the uninfected and the real substantial risks for hospitalization and death especially for the elderly.

zerosum
    Participant

Look at the facts.
    It never happened.
    There is no proof of wrong doing
    – Biden

Maxwell Quest
    Participant

@Raúl

Yes, we are on the same page.

I’m very curious to see how this ‘therapy battle’ plays out over the length of the pandemic, and whether anyone from Big Pharma, WHO, or the NIH will be thrown under the bus before it’s all over.

As for me, after researching HCQ a few weeks back, I made a copy of the HCQ/Azm/Zn regimen that I plan to demand in the unlucky circumstance that I catch the virus before this battle is settled. I feel quite determined, enough to stake my life on it.

anticlimactic
    Participant

“Additionally, 12.3% of New York state has tested positive for novel coronavirus antibodies, Gov. Andrew Cuomo said at a briefing on Saturday.

As a whole, 19.9% of New York City has tested positive for antibodies, the preliminary study found. At 27.6%, the Bronx is reporting the highest rate of infection, which Cuomo said the state would further investigate.”

zerosum
    Participant

Pump and Dump the USA way.

Samples given to Dr. to promote sales.
    Kick backs on sales.

Gilead “donates” 1.5 million doses of remdesivir,

Its all part of shooting yourself in the foot for a dollar.

Kimo
    Participant

Hold your breath for Remdesivir, you need to treat 28 patients before you can claim that you saved one life.

Doc Robinson
    Participant

“12.3% of New York state has tested positive for novel coronavirus antibodies”

The report actually indicates that in 7 regions of NY state (out of a total of 11 regions), the percentage testing positive is only 3% or less.

A regional breakdown of the results is below:

Region, Percent Positive
    Capital District 2.2%
    Central NY 1.9%
    Finger Lakes 2.6%
    Hudson Valley (Without Westchester/Rockland) 3%
    Long Island 11.4%
    Mohawk Valley 2.7%
    North Country 1.2%
    NYC 19.9%
    Southern Tier 2.4%
    Westchester/Rockland 13.8%
    Western NY 6%

Amid the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Governor Andrew M. Cuomo today announced the results of the state’s completed antibody testing study, showing 12.3 percent of the population have COVID-19 antibodies. The survey developed a baseline infection rate by testing 15,000 people at grocery stores and community centers across the state over the past two weeks.

https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/amid-ongoing-covid-19-pandemic-governor-cuomo-announces-results-completed-antibody-testing

WES
    Participant

Remdesivar is a medication designed to extract money.

Clinical studies have proven it is 100% effective at safely removing money from its victims.

WES
    Participant

Have you noticed that nothing is ever said about what medications people in the nursing homes that died are treated with.

Just the death toll.

The treatment is, of course, irrelevant.

zerosum
    Participant

The competition is everywhere for getting trillions of dollars for a vaccine
    First,

a word from Gilead Sciences Update On The Company’s Ongoing Response To COVID-19
    https://www.gilead.com/purpose/advancing-global-health/covid-19

Second,

There are many more companies in the race.
    Gov. from around the world are pumping million into all the companies.

COVID-19 Vaccine and drug development / Updated 18:09 CEST

( here is a sample from the link)
    Gilead Science Inc’s antiviral drug remdesivir

Moderna Inc MRNA.O and Swiss contract drugmaker Lonza Group AG LONN.S said on Friday they would accelerate the manufacturing of the U.S. drug developer’s potential coronavirus vaccine

At least 10 different drug compounds ranging from cancer therapies to antipsychotics and antihistamines may be effective at preventing the new coronavirus from multiplying in the body, according to a multidisciplinary study conducted by a team of scientists in the United States and France

Pfizer aims to make 10-20 million doses of a coronavirus vaccine it is developing with Germany’s BioNtech by the end of 2020 for emergency use depending on trial results, according to the US drug manufacturer’s vaccines head

Pharmaceutical giant AstraZeneca has today agreed to mass-produce a COVID-19 vaccine developed by Oxford University scientists. Human trials of the experimental jab – called ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 – started last week and the first results are expected in mid-June

Avia Solutions Group offered $2M worth flight budget to the World Health Organization with an aim to help combat COVID-19. The support money shall be dedicated to transporting COVID-19 vaccines to highly infected places using the company’s aircraft fleet, Dornier 228, Boeing 747-400F, B737-400F and Airbus A321, said Vygaudas Usackas, Ambassador and Member of the Board of Directors of Avia Solutions Group

Researchers have begun testing a possible COVID-19 vaccine on human volunteers, a leading German biotechnology company announced. “Twelve study participants were dosed with vaccine candidate BNT162 in Germany since dosing began on April 23,” BioNTech said in a statement

An experimental Norwegian cancer drug has become the first of six promising coronavirus treatments to be fast-tracked into human coronavirus trials in the UK. The medication, called bemcentinib, could be tested on 120 hospitalised COVID-19 sufferers at six NHS trusts as early as this week

Japanese-based Shionogi has partnered with public institutions, academia and other companies to develop potential drugs and vaccine against Covid-19. The company formed a research alliance with the Hokkaido University Research Center for Zoonosis Control to discover new therapeutic candidates

Pharmaceutical giant AstraZeneca has said it is assessing the use of two of its drugs to combat the effects of Covid-19. The UK-listed firm is evaluating Calquence – a drug used to treat chronic lymphocytic leukaemia – to suppress inflammation in the lungs and other organs in Covid-19 patients. And Farxiga – predominantly used for heart failure and kidney disease – is being assessed to see if it can potentially reduce organ failure

The University of Queensland’s COVID-19 vaccine has passed another important milestone, showing the ability to raise high levels of antibodies that can neutralise the virus in early pre-clinical testing

Novartis said it planned to study Ilaris (canakinumab) in a phase 3 trial to see if the drug can reverse severe immune overreactions in patients with COVID-19.The drug’s approved to treat several inflammatory diseases, including juvenile idiopathic arthritis

Adar Poonawalla, chief executive officer of Serum Institute of India — the world’s largest manufacturer of vaccines by volume — has said his biotechnology firm, in partnership with an Oxford University-led consortium, will roll out a coronavirus disease (Covid-19) vaccine before the end of this year

Australian hydroxychloroquine trials continue despite studies from the US and China showing no benefit to patients infected with Coronavirus. Clinical findings of the antimalarial drug have been inconsistent, with one study showing a higher mortality rate when it was administered alone

Canadian researchers from the University of Saskatchewan are now part of global effort to develop COVID-19 vaccine. A recent $28-million funding boost from the federal and provincial government to enhance its COVID-19 research capacity to test antivirals, drugs, and therapeutics has been helping fast-track that research even more

The next round of tyrants come with medicine as the new religion. They preach that micro-demons try to corrupt us and only the holy folks in white frocks will save us.
    Funny how social distancing removed the incredibly important health care advocate from the room. When someone in a hazmat suit says “take this or you’ll die”, what would most people do? As for the vaccines…
    Follow the money.

Doc Robinson
    Participant

No surprises in this recent study, despite all the warnings about hydroxychloroquine “possibly increasing the risk of Torsade de pointes (TdP) and sudden cardiac death”.

“In the largest reported cohort of COVID-19 patients [201 of them] to date treated with chloroquine/hydroxychloroquine {plus minus} azithromycin, no instances of TdP or arrhythmogenic death were reported.”

The Effect of Chloroquine, Hydroxychloroquine and Azithromycin on the Corrected QT Interval in Patients with SARS-CoV-2 Infection
    https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/abs/10.1161/CIRCEP.120.008662

Turfkiller
    Participant

“So you have remdesivir which does nothing really, and you have HQC which saves lives but about which all of a sudden after 70 years warnings are issued.”

The warnings were issued in 2017 under the Trump administration before the latest pandemic.

. Your point is a sentence of misinformation.

V. Arnold
    Participant

When all is said and done; we’ve been well, and truly had…
    We get to watch the construction of our new normal; Brave New World anybody?

zerosum
    Participant

Follow the money, links
    https://www.zerohedge.com/health/remdesivir-probably-worthless-trauma-surgeon-exposes-drug-companys-shenanigans
    “Remdesivir Is Probably Worthless” – A Trauma Surgeon Exposes “Drug Company’s Shenanigans”

We Found and Tested 47 Old Drugs That Might Treat the Coronavirus: Results Show Promising Leads and a Whole New Way to Fight COVID-19

We Found and Tested 47 Old Drugs That Might Treat the Coronavirus: Results Show Promising Leads and a Whole New Way to Fight COVID-19
    Posted on May 2, 2020 by Yves Smith
    Yves here. It is disturbing to watch the push to con the public into seeing remdesivir as the only promising treatment for coronavirus. Please circulate this post widely to inform people you know that established, lower cost drugs also show promise.

By Nevan Krogan, Professor and Director of Quantitative Biosciences Institute & Senior Investigator at the Gladstone Institutes, University of California, San Francisco. Originally published at The Conversation
    https://theconversation.com/we-found-and-tested-47-old-drugs-that-might-treat-the-coronavirus-results-show-promising-leads-and-a-whole-new-way-to-fight-covid-19-136789
    April 30, 2020 2.26pm EDT

Dr. D
    Participant

Since every other statistic, every other word spoken by Americans is a lie, what makes you think the COVID numbers are accurate? If they were it would be the only one. Especially when you receive $17,000 per lie.

Accurate? Democratic states have 30k cases. Republican states have 2k. I believe there is at least one city in one Republican state, what are the statistical odds? (last week’s data)

30,000 have died in NYC. Outside NYC the rate is 10,000 / 320M = 0.009% Can someone please tell me how that’s possible?

Statistically, according to the CDC, the number of excess deaths in Florida is 134. Not thousand, 134 persons. https://tomluongo.me/2020/05/01/lockdowns-ending-politics-rule-desantis/ That is statistical zero. “Shut it down, Mr. President, shut it down!” 3,000 counties not affected, 3,000 counties hospitals empty, going broke, killing people by not doing general procedures and screening.

According to the CDC, the excess deaths are also zero.
    https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/health_policy/Provisional-Death-Counts-COVID-19-Pneumonia-and-Influenza.pdf

Outside of whatever happened to NYC, this is the Gulf of Tonkin virus: that is, we shoot at nothing to spend money and start a war that kills people.

“Before you begin to restart the economy make sure you are not starting another economic collapse.”

The disease didn’t cause any collapse and has no effect on the economy. It’s far too small. YOU caused this by shutting it down, voluntarily, whether that was wise or not. So you cannot cause another economic collapse, since the disease didn’t cause the first one.

Even if you – voluntarily – shut down again, you couldn’t cause a collapse since you can’t have two collapses at once. Like two buckets of water, they merge and are only one collapse. The one you chose to have.

As Johnstone says ““They destroyed the economy over a virus, but the narrative about the virus is completely fake!” Perhaps. But so was the narrative about “the economy”.

““..the number of kids testing positive for the virus in the U.S. is greater than the total number of confirmed cases in many countries, including Singapore, Ireland, and Mexico ..”

Yes, because the U.S. is a lot larger than a single city and a tiny island.

If the children have it, doesn’t that mean their lockdown didn’t work? At all?

“[CDC says] I think the timing of our travel alerts should have been earlier.”

This was the CDC who did not recommend that at the time and didn’t recommend masks until a month later. Gotcha.

“The symptoms appear in different ways, experts told TPM. Some patients struggle with blood clots that course throughout their body, while others have severely inflamed hearts. Others still face organ failure amid spiraling blood oxygen levels.”

Again, only NYC and no where else? Symptoms all over the map that make no sense? Sounds like the symptoms you’d get if you were gently microwaved.

Bone-Chilling WTF Charts of the Collapse in US Fuel Demand (WS)”

Everyone’s dying, oil use has stopped. From what I understand, this is wonderful. This is what everyone has been working for all these years. Time for celebration? Did they get what they wanted, but aren’t happy now either?

For testing/prevention, if it’s not killing anyone, then clearly Pence don’t need to wear a mask and Amazon don’t need to provide PPE. This is exactly what the White House Briefing leak said. But who are you going to believe? Your own eyes and ears, or CNN?

Other great stats: WalMart claims – Zero – people have C19, the (Chinese owned) meat plants claim 100% do. I have the feeling something is amiss with their statistics. Politics and profit, maybe?

What did I just say about Americans lying about EVERYTHING, ALWAYS. …?

Unless they point #Logos back in their life, nothing can change.

Dr. D
    Participant

Ah, the Russians. Those who actually fought the war, as planned. What, you think that little party went from 5 guys in a basement to toppling the country without the backing of big money? You think Britain and everyone famously stood by and watched because they didn’t WANT it to happen, that they didn’t have a plan? You think they didn’t write about this in WWI or as far back as MacKinder? THE PLAN WAS TO PLACE SOMEONE IN GERMANY TO ATTACK RUSSIA AND KILL BOTH NATIONS. So Brits could sit home and let somebody else do it. They were happy he took Poland, Czech, everywhere. They were only mad he double-crossed them and annoyed their king-cousin in Belgium. Still, went pretty well, all considered. Germany and Russia DID fight each other, and Britain DID remain #1 for another 50 years. Didn’t you read Steele’s docs? They were setting elections and controlling countries of every Anglo nation, right up until 2016.

And they wonder why Stalin was mad at them.

Germ
    Participant

@ Maxwell Quest – “I made a copy of the HCQ/Azm/Zn regimen”

I agree that there has been much success with HCQ/Azm/Zn.
    What was the effective regimen?
    Thanks.

V. Arnold
    Participant

As for me, after researching HCQ a few weeks back, I made a copy of the HCQ/Azm/Zn regimen that I plan to demand in the unlucky circumstance that I catch the virus before this battle is settled. I feel quite determined, enough to stake my life on it.

Re: Germ; care to share? I’d sure like that regimen…
    I would be more than willing to prescribe that for me and or, my wife…

Maxwell Quest
    Participant

@ Germ

This particular regimen for Covid-19 is pretty easy to find on-line, so I feel safe in passing it along. I’m not a doctor, and don’t pretend to know what is best for others. Therefore, do your own research and use your best judgement:

Hydroxychloroquine: 200mg twice a day for 5 days
    Azithromycin: 500mg once a day for 5 days
    Zinc Sulfate: 220mg once a day for 5 days

HerrWerner
    Participant

“Yevgeny Khaldei – 75 years ago the Soviet banner was raised over the Reichstag”
    What a photograph. How that must have felt in the heart of any who saw that moment. Finality, triumph, relief, despair, perhaps even hope.
    I’ve been there…on the roof of the Reichstag after we stormed our way through the last holdouts of the fascist regime, but that was in Call of Duty – World at War, and it’s nothing like the real thing.

₿oogaloo
    Participant

Hydroxychloroquine: 200mg twice a day for 5 days
    Azithromycin: 500mg once a day for 5 days
    Zinc Sulfate: 220mg once a day for 5 days

Along the lines of a question I asked in the other thread: Would chloroquine (phosphate) be a better choice than hydroxychloroquine? I have started to dig, and it seems that these drugs are not exactly the same.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.