Debt Rattle November 27 2022

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle November 27 2022

Viewing 39 posts - 41 through 79 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    hexadec
    Participant

@John Day Personal anecdote. My father had a kidney removed for cancer maybe 6 years ago. He seemed to be doing ok afterward. Then covid and the shots and they found spots on his lung. After seemingly interminable discussion and flaws in the diagnosis, he decided to do immunotherapy. After complaining of back pain for a couple weeks he ended up in the hospital where they found a cracked vertebra, which they cemented and sent him to the nursing facility. He was up with a walker, looking promising, then bedridden and gone in about a week and a half.
    Six months or so later they somehow decided my mother had multiple myeloma. Tests were scheduled. She started complaining of back pain and my siblings and I were saying to each other this can’t be happening again can it. After a few weeks she was in the hospital where they found a compression fracture in a vertebra and some fractured ribs. She returned home and a few weeks later was gone, several days before the test that was going to prove the diagnosis. Both had four shots. I wish I’d tried harder to talk them out of the boosters. I want to blame the shots. They were in their late 80’s so it’s not so suspicious.

boscohorowitz
    Participant

Seabirds: I think that the medical journal you mentioned is white-washing how things covidiotic are going down in Russia. The things they say are technically true but lack a ton of rather terrifying context. I think the article is intended to make Russia look medically stupid by the standards of Western covidiotic medicine.

This guy does a good job of conveying unpleasant truths about Russia’s covid response and medical system in general. I don’t agree with his conclusions (‘it’s all a Davosian reset scam’!) but have never caught him lying.

My answer to my own question is that Putin is too busy winning a war of existential survival against the NATOstan bloc to deal with that stuff. If what Russia has done with covid is as as bad as what most NATOstan nations have done to themselves, then Russia will have wide open arms for immigrants to Russia, cuz it will have lots of room. Russia seems likely to become the world’s Last Great Haven, containing a population of feisty independent thinkers and people with congenitally superior immune systems who survived their nation’s attempts to save them from s ghostly bogey-man disease.

But that’s just my holding-place guess. Something we don’t know is going on, I believe. China has driven itself to the beginning of internally driven regime change by obsessing on covid above all other things. It’s insane, but insanity is symptomatic, not causative. Something about covid drives China NUTS, so I suspect it knows things about all this that we don’t.

WHich is just another flimsy guess. I have no clue.

Of course Elon is losing advertisers. Big company advertisers, those slow-moving behemoths, don’t want to taint their brand with Elon’s rogue tendencies, especially his de facto endorsement of Trump as a legitimate human being. Not to mention that Elon proved that half their target audience was a buncha bots.

Advertisers will come back in hordes of droves once the new, post-covid, post-DNC, post-RINO paradigm emerges. FB is dying, and there really are no other internet giants that TPTB can control at this point. They shot their wad controlling the past 6 years’ lunatic narrative beginning with the Sanders/Trump standoff. They’re running out of media bullets. Their media currency is deflating faster than USA merchandise prices are rising. Elon should be doing swell a year from now, enjoying life without the headache of that ‘green car’ Tesla disaster sinking behind him.

He and Trump should enjoy a symbiotic relationship of mutual benefit to them, altho Musk will have to slice Trump’s jugular when his erratic tendencies go too far.

Musk is probably angling to field a candidate for the Oval Orifice. He’s smart enough to prefer being a puppet-master than a sock-puppet. I suspect that it won’t be long that he makes a vocal stand against the vakzines. Access to Twitter’s traffic alone should show him how much more opposition there is than official acknowledgments admit. He should be able to time it just swell, and then make those advertisers pay higher rates (if they’re still solvent; things are starting to crash fast. How would the average bloke know, seeing as how reality has been in freefall in the USA since we won most of Europe after WWII, and then enjoyed a few decades of global hegemony until 2014?) But the smoothness of acceleration in freefall only increases the suddenness of the speedy arrival of the ground below.

“Well, that and the fact that she was 98 years old.”

True, but it would have been just as true if you’d said ’96’ instead of “98”. No reason a person 98 yrs old can’t got for the big 1 Double-Ought.

I’ll note that while covid has been associated with ““a rather sudden and uncontrollable decline in both population and industrial capacity.”” (David Rockefeller/Club of Rome quote from M Reid’s link about the Dark Origins of the Davos Great Reset)… we here all expected this to happen anyway per basic fundamentals that are larger than any Club of Rome rich man dream machine.

Covid has become, for far too many (imo) a cause rather than a symptom of our modern dilemma. I feel horribly Boomeresque linking this song, but really, Klaus Didn’t Start the Fire… and he’s gonna lose his shirt during this massive reset of an entire civilizational paradigm.

boscohorowitz
    Participant
    Dr D Rich
    Participant

@John Day

Extramedullary

oxymoron
    Participant

Shit is popping off in China. The people are getting angry

Bill7
    Participant

‘Extinction is on the table’: Jaron Lanier warns of tech’s existential threat to humanity- The American computer scientist, who coined the term ‘virtual reality,’ cautions against online ‘psychological operatives’:

“Jaron Lanier, the eminent American computer scientist, composer and artist, is no stranger to skepticism around social media, but his current interpretations of its effects are becoming darker and his warnings more trenchant.

Lanier, a dreadlocked free-thinker credited with coining the term “virtual reality”, has long sounded dire sirens about the dangers of a world over-reliant on the internet and at the increasing mercy of tech lords, their social media platforms and those who work for them.
    Nothing about the last few weeks – of chaos on Twitter and the ever-increasing spread of conspiracy theory and disinformation – has changed that. The current state of the tech industry is ripe with danger and poses an existential threat, he believes.

“People survive by passing information between themselves,” Lanier, 61, told the Guardian in an interview. “We’re putting that fundamental quality of humanness through a process with an inherent incentive for corruption and degradation. The fundamental drama of this period is whether we can figure out how to survive properly with those elements or not.” ..”

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2022/nov/27/jaron-lanier-tech-threat-humanity-twitter-social-media

zerosum
    Participant

“Shit is popping off in China. The people are getting angry”

The TV programs are pissing themselves silly with joy.
    Flag waving, calls for freedom, take down the gov.
    Geeeee, they reported the same thing in Ottawa for the Freedom Convoy.

Dr D Rich
    Participant

As if on cue…similar sentiment and slightly more pedantic:

“In almost every state in the union there is a government agency or department with the name “Child Protective Services”. Its purported mission is to act as the long arm of a responsible community to protect children from their own parents or guardians when children are being mis-treated. Although vastly abusive in many, if not most, situations, there is, at least, a good faith argument for the existence of such agencies for extreme cases. Its aim is in part to protect the children; but it also aims to ensure that the children develop into adults that hopefully will not be as anti-social as their parents – in other words, to prevent the perpetuation of anti-social behaviour over multiple generations. Good luck! But, at least, the aim is sensible, even if not, in the main, achievable.

Usually, the targets are lower class blacks and white goyim families, where lack of money exacerbates what mainstream “upper middles” would view as an anti-social lifestyle.

However, given the rise to prominence of a new kind of upper class over the last 50 years, the need for a new kind of child protective services – one might call it “goyim protective services” suggests itself. That upper class, of course, is the new Jewish elite that now rules the United States. And if you doubt me, make a couple of quick calls to “Ye”, yeah, who, until a few days ago, used to be worth over a billion dollars, or a certain Mr. Irving, who, until a couple of days ago, used to play professional basketball.

Anti-social upbringing in a “super-class,” like the ruling Jews, would of course be far more damaging to society than the alcoholism and wife-beating typically passed from generation to generation by the “untermenschen” of our society. The latter affects only the immediate and unfortunate households and perhaps neighborhoods of such persons. The former, however, can have huge and devastating consequences to the entire nation.

The need for such an agency raises its ugly head in what presumably was the completely anti-social upbringing of Sam Bankman-Fried, a child of enormous intellectual privilege, brought up in the most intellectually dominant of Jewish households. His case, sad to say, is simply a poster child for the upbringing of the children of powerful Jews who currently run our country, and whose children are presumably being prepared to continue to run – some might say ruin – our country. Sam’s shenanigans with FTX (a crypto exchange) and its related entity, Alemada Research, apparently a major crypto trader, may have resulted in hundreds of millions, and likely billions, of dollars of losses to FTX account holders and others, including left-wing charities and the Democrat Party, recipient of $40 million in the last election cycle. (As the poster boy for “effective altruism” said, “I wanted to get rich, not because I like money but because I wanted to give that money to charity””

John Day
    Participant

@Dr. D. Rich, who wrote “extramedullary”:
    Did Queen Elizabeth have the even-more-aggressive multiple myeloma which spreads outside the bone marrow?

Bill7
    Participant

Mister Musk’s “purchase” of the Twit-twit seems more like a re-branding by its real owners: “you are Welcome Here, because we are the bastion of free speech!” More like their datamining has been going less well lately, I’d guess. One-way mirror..

Here’s Y. Varoufakis’s very limited take:
    https://www.project-syndicate.org/commentary/musk-bought-twitter-to-get-cloud-capital-by-yanis-varoufakis-2022-11

“No matter how cynical you become, it’s never enough to keep up.” -Lily Tomlin

boscohorowitz
    Participant

Looks to me like a skilled archer using the right stuff can hold his own with a semi-automatic. All while not having to make a loud noisy and maybe fire-flashed glaring target of himself:

Rapid Fire Archery

Semi-Automatic Fire Speeds

boscohorowitz
    Participant

Nice thing about bows and arrows is you can make your own ‘gun’ and ‘ammo’ from crude materials. Semi-autos and such, not so much.

Me, I’m a major slingshot fan:

The Slingshot Man

Redneck
    Participant

“Monica Showalter: “China in fact is a giant prison, complete with slave labor, sweatshops, low wages, continuous lockdowns and actual laogai, or Gulags..”

But how exactly is that different from the US? You know, once you incorporate 2-3 years of Fauci and Covid in your view.”

Really , seriously , you truly beleive that Americans live under the same conditions as the Chinese? Are the Covid restriction in America now the same as in China? I don’t think so. Ask your readers here how many are locked in their homes unable to leave. That has already come and gone while China is still in very harsh lockdown mode. Cities of tens of millions are locked down because of “cases” of thirty thousand or so.
    You should take a break from your anti-west echo chamber , get a flight to China , get a job there and live there for six months, then do the same in America. Try a taste of the ACTUAL world, not the pixalated one that is being seen with the eyes and then imagined in your consciousness , you obviously don’t understand that they are different . One is images appearing in your consciousness , a narrative with pictures and words that is telling a story , it is imagination only . You can’t visit the sweatshop in your mind. You can’t breath the smog of Chinese cities in your mind.
    I have a friend who sits in front of a huge smart TV screen that is the monitor for his computer. He sits there every day and drowns his mind in all the same stuff I see repeated here over and over every day and he really thinks he knows what is happening in the world. He has never left the shores of Australia , ever. He has only left the state maybe three times and yet he is an expert on every country , every religion , every political and social event in the world. He absolutely loves China he sees China as the great shining force that will eliminate all the evil of the West and erase all injustice. He is waiting for them to arrive in his small town so he can go out and shake their hands and welcome them as his friends. He has a anti-west website that is very extensive and he is commenting every day online. If he lived in China he would not be able to do what he does here ,that is , run an anti government website. He wants to live under Chinese social conditions and yet those conditions would totally prevent him from doing the very thing he loves most , criticising the powerful. There is this syndrome that comes from beleiving that being online and watching stuff is somehow the same as the actual physical world. I expressed the desire to him recently that I would like to go to Nepal some day and see the Himalayas. He looked at me in a confused sort of way and asked why I wanted to go there when I could see it a lot more easily and comfortably on line! Amazing!

Redneck
    Participant

The Russian soldiers are turning to the civilian infrastructure for recognition and help from the incompetence of their military command.
    “Dear Oleg Nikolaevich. The Marines of the 155th Marine Brigade are addressing you. Once again, we were thrown into an incomprehensible offensive by General Muradov and his korefan fellow countryman Akhmedov in order for Muradov to earn bonuses over Gerasimov, and Muradov promised Akhmedov the “Hero of Russia”. As a result, we and the marines of Kamchatka are advancing on Pavlovka. As a result of the “carefully” planned offensive by the “great generals”, we lost about 4 people in 300 days killed, wounded and missing. 50 percent technology. This is just our team.

The command of the district, together with Akhmedov, hide this and underestimate the official figures of losses, fearing responsibility. How they were going to capture the settlement, slipping through the landings, in which the enemy remained, now destroying ours on the routes of evacuation of the wounded and the supply of ammunition. In addition, Pavlovka is lower than Ugledar, from which they hit us. Oleg Nikolaevich, Primorye people! How long will such mediocrity as Muradov and Akhmedov plan military operations for the sake of their reports and receive awards at the cost of the lives of so many people.

They don’t care about anything, just to show themselves. They call people meat. We ask you to turn to the Supreme to send a commission not from the Ministry of Defense, where Muradov is protected by Gerasimov, but an independent one. Let them be asked the purpose of such actions, their provision and the results without embellishment. How much can you endure!”
    https://en.topwar.ru/204674-gubernatory-protiv-generalov-minoborony.html

Afewknowthetruth
    Participant

US/UK/EU/NATO/Zelensky wanted war with Russia. Now they have it.

aspnaz
    Participant

Denninger’s take on Died Suddenly https://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=247494

boscohorowitz
    Participant

“Thank you, Vladimir Makei, Minister @BelarusMFA , for a constructive meeting on the #COVID19 situation, the global response, and #VaccinEquity. @WHO stands ready to support and partner with all countries to save lives & livelihoods.Together! !”

Relevant to this:

Belarusian Foreign Minister Vladimir Makey Dies Suddenly

Doesn’t “die suddenly” mean triple-vaxxed?

boscohorowitz
    Participant
    Figmund Sreud
    Participant

@ Dr. Day – #122032
    ———
    Thanks a bunch, … I asked the question simply thinking out loud: Is this yet another inexpensive solution to the problem that being suppressed by pharma? You know, … say, ivermectin syndrome? Only $3.19, after all, … instead of expensive mainstream medical interventions!

Since I had to convert my ‘registered retirement fund’ to a ‘registered income fund’ – my age issue and Government of Canada mandatory decree associated with it – I’m now being bombarded by health related vids specifically formulated for wrinclies, … i.e., prune-like types: dealing with prostate, heart, cataracts, et. al., hence this specific vid just popped.

Anyway, … yes, I’m on regiment of Vitamin-D, fresh veggies, fish, … and since you mentioned B-complex vitamin, … I now will look into that, too.

… thanks again,

F.S.

BoomerDoomer2
    Participant

There seems to be a trend amongst normally critical thinking folks to ignore Overshoot… The models developed by Meadows etal have been proven to be remarkably accurate. Direct observation of all current data confirms the same. One can question the motives of those who funded the Club of Rome study, but you would have to be living in a Hopey hole not to be aware that we are in Overshoot…

Figmund Sreud
    Participant

Nov 26 (Reuters) – The price for Russian seaborne oil should be capped at between $30 and $40 per barrel, lower than the level that Group of Seven nations have proposed, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy said on Saturday.

European Union governments, seeking to curb Moscow’s ability to fund the Ukraine war without causing an oil supply shock, are split over a G7 push that the cap be set at $65 to $70 per barrel. It is due to enter into force on Dec. 5.

Ukraine wants lower cap on Russian oil, at $30-$40 per barrel
    https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/ukraine-wants-lower-cap-russian-oil-30-40-per-barrel-2022-11-26/

F.S.

aspnaz
    Participant

Russia stands for something, the traditional values regarding reality handed down by their ancestors, and they are willing to face off against the woke liberals in the west. Go Russia. https://www.rt.com/russia/567278-canada-lgbt-bill-russia/.

We need more countries like Russia, prepared to stand up to the fraud of the woke liberal “professional” classes. Western professionals are afraid to contradict their employers for fear of being fired, so they adopt the crazy beliefs forced on them in their diversity training or LGBT training etc at work. If you are not a liberal at work, for example pretending that men dressed as women are not men, then you will not survive.

Who is forcing large corporations to adopt this nonsense? The same people that use ESG blackmail to force companies to obey or lose all financial services if they do not profess the green agenda. Corruption is rife in the western world.

Figmund Sreud
    Participant

Seriously?

Caterpillar Inc. (NYSE: CAT) announced a successful demonstration of its first battery electric 793 large mining truck and a significant investment to transform its Arizona-based proving ground into a sustainable testing and validation hub of the future.

Caterpillar Successfully Demonstrates First Battery Electric Large Mining Truck and Invests in Sustainable Proving Ground

Caterpillar Successfully Demonstrates First Battery Electric Large Mining Truck and Invests in Sustainable Proving Ground

F.S.

John Day
    Participant

@FS: Most welcome. (Keep driving that Honda Fit sport model with 5 speed manual, but not in deep snow.)

@Boscohorowitz
    : Thanks for the Slavsquat. He posts this https://edwardslavsquat.substack.com/p/i-believe-we-are-facing-an-evil-that He makes a good case that Russia, with or without Putin’s complicity, is on-board with the vaccine-mandate global-health-passport initiative, and he leans away from giving Putin a walk on this one. People have been asking me, and I have been saying I don’t really know. Putin has advocated for choice, but gotten the shots early, himself. The Mayor of Moscow pushed a mandate, which was poorly attended by the non-trusting Russians. Other mandates have been declared for specific workers and businesses throughout Russia. Russians are under 50% COVID-vaccinated according to this, but Statista shows 55%, and just 2 jabs, not more.

@Redneck
    : I’m not cut out to be a Russian soldier, or anybody’s soldier (Grew up on USMC & USN bases during Vietnam), and I’m not cut out to be a denizen of China, either.
    (I am decreasingly cut out to be an American Physician. I used to love it and thrive in the role.
    I have hope to reprise that role, but I know the times are changing for the worse everywhere.)

@Hexadec
    : Sorry about your parents. They were a little older than I am.
    I’ve got some fight left in me…

Figmund Sreud
    Participant
    aspnaz
    Participant

The KMT won in the mayoral election in Taipei – no surprise there, the north is very KMT – and the great grandson of Chiang Kai Shek was their candidate, also no surprise as he was on TV so many times a day for the past four months that I, someone not involved in Taiwan politics, could not help but wonder who the hell was paying for his campaign. The hype behind this guy is amazing. It is a form of nepotism and the Chinese people walked into the trap, they are crazy voting for descendants but it happens all the time, and you just know the corruption will explode as he pays back all the people who funded his overwhelming campaign. https://www.rt.com/news/567286-taipei-elects-chiang-kai-shek-descendant/. Much like the US elections, the people do not get to vote for who should be the KMT candidate, so the game is rigged before the election. President Xi was another one who exploited, was exploited for, his ancestors’ fanchise.

Dr D Rich
    Participant

@John Day

Extra-medullary plasmacytoma (EMP) arises from plasma cells outside the bone marrow…multiple myeloma may follow from

oldandtired
    Participant

@boscohorowitz
    Your first video is not an archer, but a bluesman. Intentional?

WES
    Participant

About that CAT electric mining truck.
    Basically good to haul one load of rocks about 1 kilometer, then the battery needs to be recharged!
    Perfect union job!
    Very practical!

The stupid thing about this battery powered truck is that there are already mining trucks being powered by electricity from the grid, using over head power lines, just like street cars! There are even electrically driven mine trains! Electrically driven conveyor belts! Electrically driven mine hoists! Every mining engineer studies electricity!

The first thing one needs to understand about large mining trucks is that they all have electric motors in each wheel hub. This was the only way truck makers could make trucks larger than 85 tons because no one could build a mechanical transmission that would last for a truck any larger.

So a typical large mining truck has a diesel engine driving an electrical generator to power the 4 electric wheel motors. So temporarily connecting to over head power lines like a street car is not new technology.

The problem with most mining trucks is their routes are constantly changing.

However, in one Zambian copper mine, I worked in 1980-1, all the mining trucks had to climb the same road out of the mining pit. So they installed overhead power lines so their trucks could use cheaper electricity, instead of imported and expensive diesel fuel, while climbing the steep pit road to the surface.

Once at the surface the mining trucks then disengaged from the power lines and continued on their journey.

All of this sounds very simple but it wasn’t! The mine basically told all of it’s truck drivers that a truck climbing the pit road out of the mine, using electrical power lines, had right of way over trucks decending into the mining pit. Makes perfect sense!

Oh yeah, I should tell you the climbing trucks drove on the side of the road closest to the mining pit walls, while the decending trucks drove on the side of the road at cliff’s edge.

Everything is cool right. We’ll not quite!
    What happens when a truck driver panics? Why would he panic?
    Like maybe his truck suddenly looses power!
    No Zambian truck driver, worth his salt, wants to die with his 200 ton truck!
    If climbing fully loaded, first he will try to disengage from the overhead power lines and regain diesel motor power.
    OK, so while disengaging from the overhead power lines he accidently tears the overhead power lines to shreds, in his haste to save his own skin!

Then there is the truck driver decending the pit road along the pit’s lip. He suddenly loses power.
    What would you do?
    He will steer into the pit’s wall to stop, never mind the climbing truck’s right-of-way!
    What does the climbing fully loaded truck driver do? Yeah, he panics!
    There goes the overhead power lines again!

I give the Zambian mine electricians A+ for how quickly they could rebuild the overhead power lines!

D Benton Smith
    Participant

“Direct observation of all current data” . . . . . . is a self contradictory muddle of nonsense. There is ‘data’, as an abstracted representation of what has been (hopefully) directly observed, and there is ‘direct observation’, which can (with skill) be represented abstractly in the form of data. In other words, they are DISTINCTLY different things.

It is common for spectacularly false conclusions to be drawn from equally spectacular vast heaps of data simply because the data was garbage. . . . which a modest amount of direct observation might have revealed if the student had extracted their nose from “the data” and pointed it at the real world for a little direct observation.

The entire “overshoot” notion of there being too many people can be shot to smithereens in no time by a ten year old kid sitting in an airliner over any continent in the world and just looking down.

“. . . you would have to be living in a Hopey hole not to be aware that we are in Overshoot…”

Let’s get the kill shot over and done with first. “Overshoot” is not a science word. It’s a buzzword, and a bad one at that. Using it in relation to populations is simply logical fallacy, on it’s face, because to accept the word is to prejudicially accept the unproved notion that there can be “too many” individuals in a population. Absurd. The equivalent mistake in astronomy (for example) would be to say that there are too many stars in a galaxy. Silliness. The logical fallacy is called “begging the question”. Go look it up.

Secondly, who gave ANYONE the authority to arbitrarily determine a “just right” size for the human population? Quite aside from the fact that such a determination is both impossible and unknowable, there is that other little thing about NO ONE has (nor could they be given) the right to impose arbitrary “solutions” based on that arbitrary number. Talk about over-the-top hubris. Don’t play God! I mean, give me a break! Just stop it. That sort of idiocy on TAE just embarrasses me.

Afewknowthetruth
    Participant

Carrying capacity of the land: The number of consumers (animals) that can live indefinitely (multiple generations) on the output of the producers (plants).

For England the sustainable population was around 3 million, achieved in the late medieval period.

The carrying capacity of the land can be exceeded in the short term by importing food from elsewhere (a place with a low population density and a high carrying capacity and by drawing down natural resources.

England did both, importing sugar and fruits, and then grains, and then canned or frozen meats, and then manufactured foodstuffs. And, having consumed most of its own natural resources, it began importing huge quantities or resources those from overseas, most notably guano, and then phosphate rock to maintain soil fertility, until the sources of those materials were seriously depleted/extinguished, oil, coal, timber, fish, vegetables……

(We went through all this 6 or 8 weeks ago: my how quickly inconvenient facts are forgotten).

Whether you call the 60 million extra people above the carrying capacity of the land in England overshoot or not is purely a matter of semantics.

se·man·tics
    [sɪˈmantɪks]
    NOUN
    the branch of linguistics and logic concerned with meaning. The two main areas are logical semantics, concerned with matters such as sense and reference and presupposition and implication, and lexical semantics, concerned with the analysis of word meanings and relations between them.
    the meaning of a word, phrase, or text:

One thing is absolutely certain. Once the imported food and imported energy stop arriving, around 60 million people in England will either starve to death or move to a place where the carrying capacity has not been exceeded.

Russia comes to mind.

Dotto every other major city and region where the carrying capacity of the land has been grossly exceeded and the population is maintained by huge imports of food (most of it produced commercially via the application of massive inputs of chemicals and energy) and direct imports of energy.

Also worth considering is the fact that when nations last had sustainable populations there were forests and seashores where food could be gathered relatively easily.

Most of those sources of food have been destroyed/exterminated.

42 years down the track people are still denying the obvious.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_R._Catton_Jr.

Afewknowthetruth
    Participant

Thanks for nothing!

‘APOLOGY FROM A CENTRAL BANKER

At and Australian Senate hearing, RBA governor Philip Lowe has offered an unprecedented apology to Australians who took out home loans based on the central bank’s failed guidance that interest rates were unlikely to rise until 2024.’

zerosum
    Participant

The Rise and Fall of FTX (Part 2 of 3)

The Rise and Fall of FTX (Part 2 of 3)
    BY SCOTT HILL November 27, 2022

D Benton Smith
    Participant

Just because an academic authority (such as Catton) coins a clever (and fallaciously misleading) buzzword like “overshoot” does not magically set aside the rules of logic, nor does it make him right in his conclusions. Appeal to authority is not merely a fallacy of logic, it is avoidance of the issue (which will thereby continue to be unsolved). Most importantly, it does not justify democidal “solutions” to what is essentially the WRONG PROBLEM.

The problem is not too much life. The problem is too little knowledge, wisdom and competence.

Since the objective of life is more life how could there possibly be too much life? To even start down that road of mis-reasoning guarantees two things: failure and monstrous crimes against life.

The solution to suffering, bad life choices, ignorance and incompetence is NOT euthanasia in any of its cleverly (or lazily) promoted forms. The solution is to relieve suffering, make wiser choices, and to learn and practice competent action. This does not , of course, guarantee success, but to do otherwise certainly DOES guarantee failure.

Perhaps (for example) packing incompetent and unlearned people into megacities and supporting them by institutionalized lying, cheating, stealing and killing as a “Ideal Civilization Model” was not such a good solution. Maybe learning how to plant potatoes would work a little better.

Figmund Sreud
    Participant

The Climate Baby Dilemma.

I just watched this doc. Intriguing dilemma. Following is article on it:

The World Is Burning. Should We Have a Baby?
    https://thetyee.ca/Culture/2022/11/25/World-Burning-Should-We-Have-Baby/

… snip:

We are living in a rising tide of catastrophic change. Whether people can find a way to work together and create means of active resistance, action and communal resilience remains to be seen. But the old adage that children are the future doesn’t have quite the same ring to it any longer.

F.S.

aspnaz
    Participant

Demolition of USA 2022 … https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmsOPAkyCzM.

Afewknowthetruth
    Participant

DBS

You have not addressed any of the points made but have just restated your completely unfounded assertion.

Please explain how Britian will feed 63 million people without imports of food, fertiliser and oil.

Afewknowthetruth
    Participant

“It’s getting to the point of seriously wanting to leave the country [Canada]”

Redneck
    Participant

“The first thing one needs to understand about large mining trucks is that they all have electric motors in each wheel hub. This was the only way truck makers could make trucks larger than 85 tons because no one could build a mechanical transmission that would last for a truck any larger.”

Actually CAT moved away from electric wheel trucks to all mechanical drive trucks some decades ago now.

Details on 793 F
    FINAL DRIVES
    Differential Ratio 1.8:1
    Planetary Ratio 16:1
    Total Reduction Ratio

Transmission
    – 6-speed, Automatic Powershift with Electronic Control (ECPC)
    – Body-up Reverse Neutralizer
    – Body-up Shift Inhibitor
    – Controlled Throttle Shifting
    – Directional Shift Management
    – Downshift/Reverse Shift Inhibitor
    – Individual Clutch Modulation
    – Lock-up Torque Converter
    – Neutral Coast Inhibitor
    – Neutral Start Switch
    – Programmable Top Speed
    – 6-speed, Automatic Powershift with Electronic Control (ECPC)
    – Body-up Reverse Neutralizer
    – Body-up Shift Inhibitor
    – Controlled Throttle Shifting
    – Directional Shift Management
    – Downshift/Reverse Shift Inhibitor
    – Individual Clutch Modulation
    – Lock-up Torque Converter
    – Neutral Coast Inhibitor
    – Neutral Start Switch
    – Programmable Top Speed

As you know electric wheels do not run diffs and torque converters.

CAT are very cagey about the distance the test truck actually hauled it’s load during the test.
    “The truck also performed a one kilometer (0.62 mile) run on a 10% downhill grade, capturing the energy that would normally be lost to heat and regenerating that energy to the battery. Upon completing the entire run, the truck maintained enough battery energy to perform additional complete cycles.”
    “additional complete cycles”………….how many?

Viewing 39 posts - 41 through 79 (of 79 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.