Debt Rattle October 8 2023

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle October 8 2023

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    D Benton Smith
    Participant

If I had to guess (which I reckon I do, because my ESP is still in the shop for scheduled maintenance) I would guess that at least two thirds (and probably far more) of adults are tragi-comically unaware of the basic relationship between themselves and whatever government they find themselves presently enmeshed in.

I say this because people are still talking and bargaining and pleading with the government as though they expected some semblance of fair, equitable, or at least rational treatment to eventually result from all of that interaction (in which they invest vast quantities of time, effort, hope and treasure).

Well, that’s just silly!

Governments are paid handsomely for making nothing, so how could they possibly be “fair”? The BASIC relationship between citizens and their governments is that governments sustain themselves with the stuff that OTHER people make.

There is no magical “other source” of valuable stuff. There is just that one and only stack of stuff (goods, services, properties of every tangible and intangible description) and the simple fact is that some people produce these valuable things and other people don’t. If the one’s who DON’T nevertheless get paid, then guess what?

That’s right! When people who make and enforce rules for a living are placed in charge of setting their own wages then you have the BASIC relationship between citizen and government that I spoke of earlier.

It’s irrational in the extreme to expect thieves to cheat fairly. Therefore ALL interactions with government are paid for by YOU, dear citizen, and you are defrauded every single time, even those times when “justice” was served, because it wasn’t (at least not by the government). Not ever. It may have been presented well enough, theatrically speaking, to seem to have been served, but with a big enough budget all sorts of illusions are possible. Numerous examples spring to mind. Pick your favorite.

Justice wasn’t served because it COULD NOT be, and it could not be because when government is involved only ONE of the sides foots the whole bill for BOTH sides, and disputes are settled by the side which rigged the scam in the first place.

To enable the cheating side to determine the outcome of disputes just adds insult to injury, and by “insult” I mean insult to one’s intelligence, because only an idiot would allow a thief to preside over his own trial, and only a micro-cephalic DOLT would let a government run its own justice system or accounting department. Yet that is what we do routinely as though it made perfect sense. Day in and year out, century after millenium.

Government ( and self-appointed Corporate Governance even worse so) is the LAST of any comparable entity which should be entrusted with the administration of law, justice or control over the people who it systematically defrauds as the only standard operating procedure that it’s any good at pulling off..

So what am I saying here? Advocating anarchy?

Let me ask the same question a slightly different way. Do you believe that you, personally, need to be commanded (at gunpoint, essentially) how to live your life, and if so, then who do you trust to hold the gun? Should it be the ones who want us dead, or the one’s who aren’t stopping them?

Figmund Sreud
    Participant

Statement From Secretary Lloyd J. Austin III on U.S. Force Posture Changes in the Middle East
    Oct. 8, 2023

… snip: Strengthening our joint force posture, in addition to the materiel support that we will rapidly provide to Israel, underscores the United States’ ironclad support for the Israel Defense Forces and the Israeli people. [ Bold added ]

https://www.defense.gov/News/Releases/Release/Article/3551716/statement-from-secretary-lloyd-j-austin-iii-on-us-force-posture-changes-in-the/

F.S.

Noirette
    Participant

Oroboros, that painting supposedly by Rothko announced as sold for 46 Million Dollaris doesn’t resemble Rothko paintings at all, imho it is a shoddy, even in-your-face ‘fake’, or let’s say a *pastiche* to be … hmm hmm nods head with high brows, mild —> following that all up would take too much energy.

Yes, the art-world is a vehicle for ‘legal looking’ financial shenanigans, in a huge way.

Note the crude yellow and bright blue (neither typical of Rothko), kind of clashing, not melding or complimentary in color, disposition – are an inversion of the Ukrainian Flag.

John Day
    Participant

Phoenixvoice wrote:
    ” I am very grateful to CPS this weekend…. CPS has somehow convinced my ex that he should allow my three teens to live where they want, and in a meeting with the mental hospital, myself, my ex, and CPS this past week, my ex verbally agreed that the three kids would go to my home. I am suspicious that once his attorney wades into this that it isn’t going to be so easy, but my kids are with me instead of their father for fall break (from school,) the court granted me temporary sole custody of my daughter, and my kids are calm and happy at the present. I don’t know what “carrots and sticks” were employed by CPS…but, so far, it is working.”

I am so glad to hear that, Sister. Can Phoenix CPS go to Gaza now?
    ;-(

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.