Debt Rattle September 16 2022

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle September 16 2022

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • Author

Pablo Picasso Portrait of Dora Maar 1939   • Fall Like A Thunderbolt (Schryver) • Don’t Listen To Those Asking To Stop Supporting Kiev, EU’s Borr
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle September 16 2022]

Red
    Participant

When at the apex predicting future movements to the positive based on past improvements may be a fools errand. Optimism at it’s finest or is it manipulation? I present the following:

In its Sept. 12 Crop Production report, the USDA forecast the soybean yield at 50.5 bushels per acre, down 2.7% from an all-time high projection of 51.9 bushels per acre last month, and down 1.8% from 51.4 bushels per acre in 2021. Soybean production was estimated at 4.378 billion bushels, down 3.4% from the record-high 4.531 billion bushels projected in August, and down 1.3% from 4.435 billion bushels produced a year ago. The September estimates fell not only well below the average trade expectation of 4.496 billion bushels produced with a yield of 51.5 bushels per acre, but they also landed outside the expected range of trade expectations.

“People were not positioned well for that kind of a cut, and the market showed their surprise,” said Brian Harris, executive director and owner, Global Risk Management.

While lower numbers had been expected for corn estimates, the reduction in actual planted and potentially harvested acres was startling, according to analysts. In its March 31 Prospective Plantings report, the USDA reduced the number of projected acres planted to corn in 2022 by 4% to 89.49 million acres. But in the Aug. 12 Crop Production report, the USDA increased the number of acres planted to corn to 89.821 million acres with an estimated 81.84 million acres for harvest. But the Sept. 12 Crop Production report showed those numbers had fallen even below the March 31 projections to 88.608 million acres planted to corn with an expected harvest of 80.844 million acres for grain, down from 93.357 million planted acres and 85.388 million acres harvested in 2021.
    https://www.world-grain.com/articles/17466-surprise-surfaces-in-us-corn-and-soybean-numbers

Afewknowthetruth
    Participant

‘I still haven’t seen anyone explain how the US got so far behind on hypersonics. Spending 10x what Russia spends, and still be 10 years behind.’

America has always been behind Russia in rocket technology.

In the 1930s it was 10 years behind.

In the 1940s it was 10n years behind.

In the 1950s it was 10 years behind.

In the 1960s it was 10 years behind.

There is the famous story of how the Americans were shitting themselves when they realised the Russians were going to get to Peenemunde (where the Germans were developing V2 rockets) before they did. The Americans quickly cobbled together ‘Operation Paperclip’ to assist Nazi war criminals to escape through the war lines and get transported to the US, where ‘all was forgiven’ and many of the war criminals were given enormous resources to try to catch up with the Russians.

Lesser known is the story of how the Russians gathered the German rocket scientists still at Peenemunde when they arrived, and took them for questioning. After a few months the Russians said: “Well that was a waste of time. They couldn’t teach us anything.”

Then there is the famous story of how the Americans were shitting their pants when the USSR put Sputnik into orbit. And the Americans double shitted themselves when the USSR put a man into orbit around the Earth.

There are many who do not believe the Americans ever put any men on the Moon, and that it was all staged. One of the multitude of reasons for not believing the official versions of “Moon landings’ was the poor performance of the Saturn V rockets, which did not have sufficient thrust-to-weight ratio to get anything more than a very small payload into orbit around the Earth.

We note that before international cooperation was sabotaged by the US, it was Russia that was ferrying astronauts to the Space Station.

It pays to recall the saga of the Starfighters that had a terrible tendency to fall out of the sky.

Weapons manufacturers learned fairly early in WW2 that quantity, not quality, was what the US military wanted. Thus, the US produced thousands of ‘Ronsons’ -Sherman tanks that were guaranteed to light up at the first strike [by a German armour-piercing round].

Never forget that ‘The Greatest Nation in the World’ still uses archaic measurements like feet, inches, British Thermal Units, Fahrenheit, calories, foot-poundals etc.. It’s a wonder anyone can make anything that works. Which may explain why little does actually work. And oil is still sold in ‘barrels’ even though wooden barrels were abandoned for the transport of oil more than 100 years ago. One barrel is about 160 litres.

One can hardly be surprised that the US is rapidly going down the gurgler, now that they are competing with well-educated Russians, well-educated Chinese, well-educated Indians etc.

By the way, I think you will find that both China and India are 10 years ahead of the US in hypersonic weapons development. Probably Iran too, but I cannot say for certain on that point.

Dr. D
    Participant

Armstrong says that Charles III will not be impartial and above all things, which has been the Motte and Bailey protecting them. This means the monarchy will effectively fall due to his alliance and equivalence with the WEF, just as King Edward was pushed out for being pro-Nazi.

Note with inflation at 8.5%: If inflation goes to zero, gas prices do not go back to $2. They only STAY at $4 forever. At 8% inflation prices double every ~10 years. ~50% in five years. I somehow expect your wages will not.

This seems to be out there, that we can get inflation to zero and “back to normal”. There is no “back to normal” when you do this. It will take 20 years for wages to equalize, or you can have outright deflation and a collapse of the entire financial compounding system.

Sweden: Four in Five ‘Refugees’ Have Vacationed in the Country they Fled from”

But if they go back they’ll be killed!!! And they’re so poor they need social welfare or they’ll die, never having the $$$ for a nice international thousand-mile plane ticket. ‘Cause I sure don’t.

“Philadelphia ‘Soda Tax’ Completely Backfired: Study
    “The soda pop tax actually led to about a 4% increase in purchases of other high-sugar goods in Philadelphia and in neighboring towns…

What a shock: everything government does is stupid and hurts people. “Government is not reason, it is not eloquence — it is force. Like fire it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.” – Geo. Washington

Who knew that if you used fire to herd people around for no reason, someone would get burned? Besides everyone older than “Three”? Or arsonists who just love fire?

“States to Ban Gas-Powered Cars Despite Human and Environmental Cost of Electric Vehicles”

As they’re dumber than infants bawling. There is not enough metal on earth presently to make the number of cars required. It’s so much more environmental than recycling the all-steel cars we have, and we will never, ever use trains. Ever. Because people love trains and support them, so the answer is no.

So many vaccine articles saying all the things we’ve known for two years. It was from a lab, possibly American. It’s not dangerous, vaccines don’t work and are probably more harmful than the disease. Children are immune and the vaccine is manyfold counterproductive for them. Lockdowns are complete failures and attack and kill children, delaying development. HCQ and IVM worked wonderfully at low cost. Death rates rise from the response, not the disease, which essentially stopped existing months ago. The government knew, paid, and arrested people who refused to kill patients.

None of it matters because it is real. People still go for boosters, wear masks jogging, and cripple more children in school. No one is questioned, much less arrested. Both narratives exist at once without the slightest hesitation or distress. All things and their opposites are true.

“Don’t Listen to Those Asking to Stop Supporting Kiev, EU’s Borrell Says (RT)”

Who are these EU guys again? Did they have like a referendum for transfer of power or something? No? Do they have an army that they can make people do their bidding? No? Then why do we care what they say again? Tell them to shut up and go away – too late to stop before they embarrass themselves.

American Patience with Germany Wearing Thin – Media (RT)”

Hahahaahahahaaha! Or else what? Germany not committing suicide fast enough for ya? You’ll invade and occupy them? You’ll provide essentially no HIMARs, no jets, and no troops?

I have doubts about American loyalty to Kiev. Very grave and well-substantiated ones.

“these important and disputed issues without further review by a neutral third party”

Uh-huh. Who would that be?

“the Justice Department emphasized that her order had sown confusion within the executive branch”

When normal 100-year procedures are followed, everyone right up to the President is confused. Probably our ships can’t sail and our jets can’t fly they’re so confused about lawyers having to “read legal documents”. Lawyers have never heard of this before. Dog and cats, living together…

“water down a second Trump term as much as possible”

More than last time, when they directly refused every order given? About…everything? Reversing Executive Orders, refusing to enforce laws, inventing crimes that didn’t exist, even refusing Commander-in-Chief direct orders to withdraw from wars? (we’re still there.)

And of course, all those things illegally, when they could have quite legally constrained the executive and also defunded it in Congress. …But that would be following the “law”, which we don’t do.

…Actually what you’re seeing is the country run by an unelected, unaccountable, secret, un-removable Soviet bureaucracy. Like the EU. All I need is a secret handshake from those guys, self-boostering their own club members, and there’s no country or democracy at all. And there isn’t. Policy hasn’t changed in 50 years despite every possible combination of parties and electees. That’s what people mean by “Deep State.”

Bill Gates, Globalist Conspiracies” Yes, and he wears that round, colored pin everywhere now, just to make sure we all know he’s not part of some organization called “Global Goals”, which he says he is, on TV, while doing ads and international promos for it.

All things are true, and simultaneously false.

“Martha’s Vineyard” Are these the same people who NIMBY’d offshore windmills? Who believe in global warming in 5 years but live at sea level?

Switching to Renewable Energy Could Save Trillions (BBC)”

Whoops! That’s a typo. They meant to say “COST Trillions.” Trillions in carbon fuels to dig up all the remaining planet to make those batteries and renewable devices. Which like windmill blades, are not degradable and cannot be recycled. #Winning!

“Even if you’re a climate denier, you should be on board with what we’re advocating,”

Here’s a guy who’s really, REALLY bad at math. And Engineering. And Professoring. And Sciencing.

…And Economicing. Hey buddy: if it were highly cost-effective people would have already converted for free without any need for discussion or persuasion. It would just be “modernizing”. It’s because it’s 1:1 EROEI that no one will bother.

In other words: you’re a lying liar who lies. And it takes but 60 seconds to know it. But I knew before 60 seconds because “Professor” “Opened mouth”.

oldandtired
    Participant

@afewknowthetruth

The metric system was invented by two habitually drunk Frenchmen. They were angry about being sold bottles of wine that didn’t hold enough of their favorite drink. So they decided that the bottle had to hold their new amount of wine, 1 liter. Then they decided that the contents should weigh 1 kilogram. And to be double sure, the two drunks decided that that their wine should take up the volume of 1000 cubic centimeters. The kilometer? That’s how far it took for them to walk off their drunkenness after consuming a liter of their wine. Metric system my *ss.

Henry
    Participant

When Countess Urslovia von der Crazy stepped out to give her State of the “Animal Farm “ Union address yesterday she was decked out in the gorgeous bright colours of the new European super-state. Unfortunately, a camera crew was not on hand to capture the perfect moment when the regime’s most preferred work-horse, Elenskyy, carried Urslovia onto the podium bare-back.

It was noted by many of the farm’s preferred animals present, indeed muttered by a few, that the most scarce resource in all of the union, as a result of this war in the east, was not oil, gas, electricity or wheat but actually the dearth of decent camera crews to capture these perfect unifying farm moments.

More

DarkMatter
    Participant

‘I still haven’t seen anyone explain how the US got so far behind on hypersonics. Spending 10x what Russia spends, and still be 10 years behind.’

Russian weapons are designed by the Russian military. Their goal is effective weapons.
    US weapons are designed by US corporations. Their goal is excessive profits.
    Both are good at what they do. You get what you measure.

John Day
    Participant

I have not seen a troll-comment since “deflationista” quite posting.

I think we can all see that 90% of humans depend on fossil-fuel and fossil-water enhanced food production, and that this looks almost certain to decline in the near future, very near.

The very-near timeline looks mandated by some group…

To what degree climate-change is man-made and how bad it may be, compared to stuff like the Little-Ice-Age, that just happened from volcanic activity, has enough inherent uncertainty that we won’t likely reach consensus.

I think it’s ok to disagree and move forward, because we still need to grow gardens and prepare to survive for the next decade with intermittent support, compared to what we have known.
    Intermittent power, intermittent water, intermittent fuel, intermittent money, and harsh extractions by power elites, confiscations of what they want.

I have a feeling that the “Red Sermon” on the first day of this month of September, was a signal that this-is-the-month for something like a Tet-Offensive by human-sacrificing-elites. (Call them what you will.)
    The rumors of something-like 9/11 or JFK’s assassination, right after fall equinox (entering the darker half-year) may be of any origin, but they came so quickly and widely that I suspect more elite-signaling.

The month of September is historically that way for darkening sentiment.

Will it be a nuclear false-flag? The US is directing the shelling of the Zaporozhye Nuke, right?
    Nobody wants to say that, but Ukraine oks their targets with US/NATO, when using the stuff they get from US/NATO.
    I don’t think another Chernobyl will be as dramatic as desired. I suspect that to whip Europe into line, they will want a nuclear warhead. Will they nuke Germany, or pretend that Russia nuked the power plant? They have been planting the thought seeds of Russia using a tactical nuke if things go poorly on the battlefield.

I can’t foresee what false flag, or where, but Israel is likely to be involved. It is their specialty, after all.
    It is rumored that they have lots of mini-nukes…

Ideally, Trump would be nuked in Germany, clearly by Putin, with Xi’s help, and that would get everybody in “The West” on the same team.

boscohorowitz
    Participant
    John Day
    Participant

@AFKTT: Whimsical musical interlude about “Man on the Moon”:

boscohorowitz
    Participant

Re: Tesla on God: One doesn’t pray to physical laws of nature because they are laws. This is why we turn to deities, be they real or imagined.

Re: Sun Tzu: I agree. I suspect that the next black swan will be such a thunderbolt from the Rus.

John Day
    Participant

Better than “SWATing”?

Over 100 Migrants Dropped Off Outside Kamala Harris’ DC Home
    https://www.zerohedge.com/political/over-100-migrants-dropped-outside-kamala-harris-dc-home

Dora
    Participant

The politicians who create policies have to personally live with the effects of those policies? What a concept.

Antidote
    Participant

@Afewknowthetruth wrote “There are many who do not believe the Americans ever put any men on the Moon, and that it was all staged.”

And what do you believe oh great sage of science?

Raul you bag on @V Arnold for being and old grump and yet suffer this fat headed gorilla who thinks he is in the elite of the few who know what will come?

And @ John Day your *feelings* are now driving your own prediction of the ever negative future you note daily?

@Dark Matter wrote ” You get what you measure.” Yes.

There’s your troll post for the day John Day

Bill7
    Participant

Another good article from CH Smith today, focusing on DIY- ‘The End of Cheap Food’:https://www.oftwominds.com/blogsept22/end-cheap-food9-22.html

working on it..

phoenixvoice
    Participant

*sigh*
    I suppose that I am jaded by my own life experience…
    There is much talk here at TAE about, “Hey, we’ve got plenty of fossil fuel resources; drill baby, drill!” as well as, “We’re in the decline side of fossil fuels, if we cannot learn to peaceably consume less, very rocky days are ahead.”
    With two 16-year-old sons I find myself shuddering at the idea of widespread war…I do not want my sons sucked into some war machine just as they reach the cusp of manhood. I have poured my efforts for all of these years into their well-being….
    And I shake my head, because there is so much energy and resources wasted!
    I tend to come down on the side of figuring that fossil fuels have begun a slow decline. I am concerned about adverse, large-scale effects of human industrial activity on the planet and its ecosystems.
    If humanity could take a step back and really look at what is going on, those of us in the more “civilized” places could realize that the energy and resources that we waste are astronomical. Do we really need ovens with fancy electronic control boards that connect to the internet? How much benefit does that fancy control board give vs. the energy and resources to make it when compared to my 18 year old stove/oven combo that only uses electricity to ignite the gas burners? (Granted…my oven door is not fitting tightly at the moment, and THAT really does need to be addressed.). Why do most folks insist on a new automobile every 3-5 years? (My vehicle is 16 years old and still works great at getting me from point A to point B.). Why do people purchase a bunch of disposable, non-biodegradable plastic sh*t from the holiday display at the grocery store every couple of months? Why do we purchase food in reusable containers, (glass jars with lids, bags, etc.,) throw those containers away, and then purchase additional food and storage containers, often in similar configurations to the ones thrown away? (Buying rolls of bags to take on the walk with the dog?)
    I understand that many out there have not had the “opportunity” that I’ve had during the past decade of trying to provide a secure childhood, free from want and deprivation to my children on an income that is well below the federal poverty limit. They haven’t had to weigh the value they receive from something against the cost. For many, they simply think: “I want it; I’ll get it.”
    (And there are many others that simply believe what society tells them: to get the stuff you want, get employed and work very long hours. At the end of the day they are too exhausted to analyze anything. I used to believe that myself, and almost pursued that course…but my psyche was damaged from the level of stress that I was under the last few years of my marriage, and I could no longer push myself the way I used to do. Something broke in my head when I watched my ex attempt suicide.)

We don’t need so much of what we have. It is fluff. It will be very difficult for Europeans to get through the winter on very little fossil fuels. However, some good may come of it if it causes them to think about energy, resources, and consumption in a different way, focusing on what truly gives a large benefit and what is nearly superfluous. The WEF thinks it knows us, thinks it can control us with its proto-fascist policies. But if the masses change their ideologies, the WEF will no longer understand the masses and will be unable to steer them.

boscohorowitz
    Participant

A pretentious and self-absorbed old fool, I feel a need yet to apologize to Michael Reid for the tone of my remarks to him yesterday (as if anything I said or did means much of anything). This guy sings what I meant top convey much better than I did:

A Place in the Rain

“…cuz it’s crazy what lovers can do…”

Turn off the TV and turn off the light
    Turn off the street lamps as well
    Turn off the billboards that scream through the night
    And dream the policemen to hell
    Close all the windows and close all the doors
    Close all the shutters and blinds
    Close down the churches and pray to the whores
    Lay down and then close your eyes
    It’s amazing what comes into view
    As we’re finally breakin’ the chains
    When the temperature rises
    We’ll go to our place in the rain
    Take down the pictures and take out the trash
    Take up the tattered old rugs
    Take up the mattress and count all the cash
    And laugh with the last of the drugs
    Burn all the papers and burn all the wood
    Burn what we can’t understand
    Run up a flag for the old neighborhood
    Sit back and then take my hand
    ‘Cause it’s amazing what lovers can do
    With just a kiss and a glass of champagne
    When the rivers run dry
    We can go to our place in the rain
    Pay off the piper and pay all the bills
    Pay for the getaway car
    Blow out the candles and head for the hills
    Pray that we make it that far
    Run from the poison and run from the flames
    Run from the maddening crowd
    Laugh at the whispers of who’ll take the blame
    And sing all the sinners out loud
    It’s amazing what crazy can do
    When every good citizen’s sane
    When heaven’s a desert
    It’s amazing what comes into view
    When you just connect your heart back to your brain
    When heaven’s a desert

willem
    Participant

Don’t Listen to Those Asking To Stop Supporting Kiev, EU’s Borrell Says

“People want to end the war sanctions because they cannot bear the consequences, the costs.” There, fixed it.

D Benton Smith
    Participant

So, Lizzy 2 has done a runner, in the sincerest of all forms of abdication, leaving Chucky 3 holding the bag. She gave him that Royal receptacle to hold for a moment while she nipped off to Hell to powder her nose ( no, wait, that’s Andrew). Anyway, putting it nicely, the bag is a bog fire, of malodorous smoldering shite, and all the Kings mules and and all the King’s transgendered persons are not doing very well at putting it out. Their efforts to extinguish the blaze before it extinguishes them are only managing to fan the slow smolder into a towering inferno that in all likelihood will be put out, Kellogg Brown & Root style, by a Russian hyper-sonic missile down the palace chimney.

A more adept monarch with better advisers, might have been able to continue suppressing the flames for a bit longer, but Chuck ain’t no Liz, and his advisers are as mentally and spiritually deficient as he is. When the puppets under-performs, look to the puppeteers.

Consequently, Old Blighty is burning to the ground, fast, and SOON (mid winter at best) and there is an historically unprecedented heap of swag to divvy up before that happens. No wonder the fight is so big, and so intense. And so urgent. Time is very very short. Winter is almost here.

Stepping clear of my collapsing house of mixed metaphors, what I’m saying is that Kings, Queens and their embarrassing “Royal Families” are mere outward facing symbols representing the factual structure and the actual ownership of the entire “Kingdom”. All leverage pivots on a single fulcrum, the “Crown”, which itself balances precariously upon a single word : monarchy.

But make no mistake about the significance of that legally binding symbolism: the factual structure and actual legal ownerships DO, indeed, depend upon broad and binding acceptance of the symbol. The lynch-pin of the entire contraption does rest upon the legal and factual acceptance of that singular fiction.

If the so-called “Crown” is no longer capable of defending its “ownership” (in courts, banks, battlefields and minds) then that raises an extremely pertinent and enormously large question.

The the question is, “So who DOES own all this stuff?” If there’s no “Crown” then the question of who owns the swag can no longer be answered with “The Crown owns it all”. At least there is not in a way that can be proved in any court other than it’s own, or won on any battlefield on the Earth (or other realm, for that matter).

That’s what is being determined now. How bitter must be the pill that it’s looking like ownership of the former holdings of the “Imperial British Crown” will pass to that Empire’s most feared and hated ancestral enemies : Russia and China.

The Powers that Be BEHIND the throne are as dependent upon the delusion of Monarchy as the monarchy is dependent upon agreement that they “own and command” all of those tracts of land, stacks of gold, faithful vassals and hapless peasants. When the delusion of monarchy collapses then enforceable “proof of ownership” collapse in tandem.

The United Kingdom and all of its colonies (among which MUST be counted the so-called USA) is utterly dependent on the continuation of the absolutely silly notion that one dorky snob in fancy pants has the capacity . . . . the chops, the simple ABILITY . . . to actually OWN anything. “King” Charles III is just too personally incompetent to keep it all together, and the same goes for his must “trusted” advisers (his puppeteers). The Crown’s backers prop up and maintain the fantasy up so that THEY can “own & command” everything, de facto, through its myriad “ownerships”. And they have screwed it up royal. So now, when the crowned monarchy goes, they go with it UNLESS . . . . they can quickly re-brand the existing con. Some sort of “New” World Order, perhaps. Yeah. Real barf bag material. Not gonna happen.

Well, they tried, they failed, and the spoils are being divided as we speak.

The entire 20th Century can be viewed as the attempt to retain World Empire by PRETENDING to hand it over to it’s eldest heir (the USA). That almost worked, but the hand-off turned into a fumble when the other would-be beneficiaries began squabbling over who, REALLY & TRULY, “owns & commands” all of those vast vast vast vast vast “Crown” holdings.

That battle has been joined, and it is literally epic but it’s not over.

Synopsis :

No Crown, no ownership.
    No mercy.
    No kidding.

Figmund Sreud
    Participant

Stamped out 73 times, … yes!

F.S.

Armenio Pereira
    Participant

Why don’t rivers flow in straight lines, from spring to sea?
    It takes a lifetime – sometimes even longer – to find the Path of Least Resistance.
    That’s how rivers roll.
    That’s how we roll, absent-minded.

Like a river, we sometimes grow restless, in our longing for the sea.
    With omens of deliverance & destruction, the flood is coming.

D Benton Smith
    Participant

@ArmenioPereira

Very poignantly evocative verse. Neruda murmured praise in his sleep.

D Benton Smith
    Participant

Seems to be a good day for poetry, word-imagery and hatchet burying.

Jeez, I love this place.

willem
    Participant

It depends on whether the goal of your ‘defense’ industry is to produce weapons rather than profits and order churn.

John Day
    Participant

@Antidote: “Troll” is a job , a paid job, as I see it, usually with one human per something like 10 AI bots, to magnify the effect and make it seem like humans.

“Feelings”, “premonitions”, “intuitions” …
    Different people FEEL differently about attending to “feelings”.
    I’ve done it for a long time. YMMV

Figmund Sreud
    Participant

@ArmenioPereira – Why don’t rivers flow in straight lines, from spring to sea?

It’s the shape of water, …

Exploring the Hudson Bay Lowlands with Chris Brackley

F.S.

John Day
    Participant

“September Shock Scenario” has no picture, but I got some flooring done this week, some…
    https://drjohnsblog.substack.com/p/september-shock-scenario

It looks like crunch-time for the western military-financial-spy-propaganda empire. The $US is the value-extraction solvent that feeds the banks, armies, navies and media networks.
    I suspect that the “Red Sermon” , given by “President Biden” on September 1, the first day of the month, marked September as a month of decisive action for the power elites. the two US Marines could not be missed in those visuals.
    September, when the darker half of the year begins, has long been an unsettling time for people, which is notable in stock-markets. We just had the anniversary of 9/11/01, which rapidly opened the door to global war on oil-supplies and any “terrorists” selling oil in anything but $US. The energy behind 9/11 is spent, especially with the humiliating US failure in Afghanistan.
    What kind of justification would be needed, what new-new-Pearl-Harbor might be arranged to fire people up for a global-war-on-Russia-and-China? Can China possibly be split-off to attack Russia?
    What if Donald Trump visited Germany and got blown up with a tactical nuclear warhead by Putin and Xi? Would that unite the west against them? I’m straining, but I never could have planned the hit that was 9/11, either. So many “problems” got solved that day, from asbestos insulation to missing $US trillions from the Pentagon budget, and the oil, “Cheney’s energy policy”.

What did Xi and Putin need to urgently discuss? It was Xi who left China, so Xi needs something. China’s economy is hobbled by a rapidly decaying financial system, which seems to be a big reason for the lockdowns. Xi is coming up for re-election so to speak, as the President will soon be chosen again by the CCP Standing Committee. Not all players are happy with Xi’s “cult of personality”, or his so-so competence.
    Xi wants all the cards stacked in his favor, military and economic, which is not possible, certainly not Putin’s to give. He wants to avoid the west’s sanctions-tripwire, and also wants to have Russian military support. Xi is not brilliant or very insightful nor is he bold, mainly narcissistic and ruthless, hence worried-a-lot.
    In Thursday’s much anticipated bilateral meeting between Chinese President Xi Jinping and Russian President Vladimir Putin on the sidelines of the summit of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization in Uzbekistan, the two leaders agreed that the end of a unipolar world where the US dominates is at hand. Putin called it “ugly” and pointed to the rejection of American hegemony by the “vast majority” of countries in his introductory remarks.

The geopolitical flashpoints of Ukraine and Taiwan were high on the discussion list, with the Russian leader telling Xi the West’s “attempts to create a unipolar world have recently taken on an absolutely ugly shape and are absolutely unacceptable to the vast majority of nations on the planet,” according to a state media translation. However, many Western pundits are now seizing upon a cryptic reference to China’s Xi raising “concerns” over the Ukraine situation.
    https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/putin-tells-xi-us-push-unipolar-world-turning-ugly-china-has-concerns-over-ukraine

There must be a lot of arm-twisting being brought to bear upon Xi. He is under pressure, and he’s not naturally strong and resolute, just used to winning.
    ​ ​White House spokesman John Kirby said on Thursday that the US wants China to side with Washington and its allies in opposing Russia and its military operation in Ukraine.
    “Our message to China has been consistent: this is not the time for any kind of business as usual with [Russian President Vladimir] Putin,” Kirby told CNN. Failing to condemn Russia, he continued, is leaving China “isolated from the rest of the international community which has largely condemned what [Putin] has done in Ukraine.”
    https://www.rt.com/news/562878-us-warning-china-russia/

​ ​”The growth of mutual trade exchanges is undoubtedly facilitated by the consistent policy of our three countries to expand the use of national currencies in commercial settlements,” Putin said on Thursday. He was speaking at a trilateral meeting with the leaders of these countries on the sidelines of the SCO summit in Samarkand.
    ​ ​He noted that earlier on Thursday at a bilateral meeting with Xi Jinping, they stated with satisfaction that in the first quarter of this year, the share of settlements in national currencies in Russia’s trade with China had grown to 27.5%.
    https://tass.com/politics/1508051

John Day
    Participant

These weapons-systems are the “red-line” Russia is talking about. US/NATO seek to trigger a response by Russia against NATO forces by incrementally increasing provocations.
    ​ ​Something Ukraine has additionally long been asking for is longer-range missile systems. A Monday Wall Street Journal report detailed that Kiev is now requesting from the Pentagon the Army’s Tactical Missile System, or ATACMS, a surface-to-surface missile system with the capability of reaching about 190 miles. This would be far and beyond the range of missiles transferred to Ukraine thus far in the conflict.
    https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/us-ukraine-are-talks-transfer-fighter-jets-longer-range-missiles

Thanks Eleni. This appears to be permanent, the new-normal war-economy. Weapons and billions for war by Manlio Dinucci
    The Ukrainian battlefield is the most subsidized in the world by the United States, the United Kingdom and the European Union. This massive investment is aimed at supporting not the Ukrainians, but the Banderists, in total contradiction with the goals of the Alliance during World War II. This money is taken from the social programs of the donor countries, i.e. the Western poor are out of pocket…
    https://www.voltairenet.org/article216998.html

War of attrition of human and military equipment in Ukraine: Ukraine is burning through Ukrainian conscripted soldiers and also trained military units, as well as depleting NATO weapons stockpiles.
    Russia is burning through artillery and precision missiles, but not soldiers: Who will run out of resources first?

Who will run out of resources first?

John Day
    Participant

The US specifies the targets for US-supplied weapons like HIMARS. The US is targeting the nuclear power plant.
    Ukraine has put world on brink of ‘nuclear catastrophe’ – Moscow
    Kiev’s attacks on the Zaporozhye Nuclear Power Plant are acts of terrorism, Duma chairman Volodin says
    https://www.rt.com/russia/562741-zaporozhye-nuclear-catastrophe-volodin/

VIENNA, September 15. /TASS/. Western countries are aware that the Ukrainian side has been shelling the Zaporozhye nuclear power plant (NPP) and bear responsibility for possible nuclear incidents since they have not yet called on Kiev to stop the bombings, Russian Permanent Representative to International Organizations in Vienna Mikhail Ulyanov said at a session of the IAEA Board of Governors on Thursday.
    https://tass.com/politics/1507985

Moscow responds to UN resolution on nuclear plant
    Shelling by Kiev’s forces was not even mentioned, Russian diplomats point out
    https://www.rt.com/russia/562892-moscow-un-nuclear-watchdog-ukraine/

John Day
    Participant

​Turkey is doing very good business lately…​
    ​ ​In response to Western sanctions that prevented Russians from accessing services like Visa and Mastercard, the Kremlin rolled out the Mir payment system as an alternative. Five of Turkey’s most prominent banks use Mir.
    ​ ​One of the sources speaking with FT said Western nations would no longer allow the Turkish banks to use Mir without occurring risks. “We’ll send a message very clearly that, for example, third-country financial institutions should not be interconnecting with the Mir payment network because, you know, that carries some sanctions- evasion risks,” the official said.
    ​ ​Two of Turkey’s top banks told FT that they would enforce the sanctions, and it appears Russians are being impacted. Middle East Eye reports several Russians at Turkish resorts had their Mir cards declined. However, it is not a blanket ban at hotels, and Mir card users report being able to access ATMs.
    ​ ​Ankara does not appear willing to institute Washington’s sanctions targeting Mir. Turkey’s foreign ministry said that Ankara has a long-standing policy of only enforcing UN-issue sanctions.
    https://libertarianinstitute.org/news/us-eu-will-force-turkey-to-implement-sanctions-on-russia/

​ Turkey might just sell extra gas to somebody, right? Pipelines are in place…​
    ​ ​Russia ready to increase gas supplies to Turkey — Deputy Prime Minister
    If Turkish partners increase gas consumption and apply for additional volumes, Russia will ensure these supplies, Alexander Novak says
    https://tass.com/economy/1508037

Russian LNG supplies to Japan grew by 211.2% in quantity compared to August 2021. In terms of value, imports of Russian LNG soared by more than 380%.​..​
    ​..​Japan’s exports to Russia also grew last month, with shipments of computers increasing 107.1%, and computer parts, 161.6%. However, due to sanctions, supplies of semiconductors to Russia ceased earlier this year. Export of buses and trucks to Russia dropped, while the export of cars increased by 5.8%.
    https://www.rt.com/business/562840-russia-japan-lng-exports/

The International Energy Agency’s Oil Market Report suggests that global oil demand will grow by 2 million bpd this year, 110,000 bpd lower than last month’s estimates. The revision in oil demand was driven by continued lockdowns in China, where oil demand is set to fall for the first time since 1990. (That means the Chinese economy contracted.)
    https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/IEA-Cuts-Oil-Demand-Forecast-As-Chinas-Covid-Crisis-Continues.html

John Day
    Participant

​ Who just shelled Izium? I seem to have forgotten.​ Who was rounding up “collaborators”?
    ​ ​Mass grave of more than 440 bodies found in Izium, Ukraine, police say
    ​ ​President Volodymyr Zelenskiy put the blame on Russia and likened the discovery to what happened in Bucha, on the outskirts of the capital Kyiv in the early stages of the late February invasion by Russian forces. Ukraine and its Western allies have accused the Russian forces of perpetrating war crimes there.
    https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/mass-grave-more-than-440-bodies-found-izium-ukraine-police-2022-09-15/

Facebook has always been a CIA front, right?
    According to DOJ whistleblowers, Facebook has been spying on Americans’ private messages and reporting them to the FBI if they express ‘anti-government or anti-authority’ statements – including questioning the legitimacy of the 2020 US election.
    ​ ​”It was done outside the legal process and without probable cause,” said one of the whistleblowers, who spoke on condition of anonymity. “Facebook provides the FBI with private conversations which are protected by the First Amendment without any subpoena.”
    https://www.zerohedge.com/political/facebook-spied-private-messages-conservative-right-wing-individuals-then-reported-fbi

anticlimactic
    Participant

RENEWABLES

The UK spent 30 billion pounds on wind and solar which could produce as much energy as a 2 billion pound gas-fired power station!

BUT because this energy is random the gas-fired power station was still needed as backup.

AND it needed to be on ‘hot standby’ so could produce power quickly. This needed to use half the amount of gas required to produce full output.

What is worse is that most of that 30 billion was spent on fossil fuels – excavating raw materials, cement production, transport, refining, fabrication, construction. Even workers wages are spent on fossil fuel or its products like food or gadgets. Even then, wind turbines only last about 25 years, and often less, so it will all have to done again. The net result was a large increase in energy prices which left many in fuel poverty.

This ‘green’ initiative will have used far more fossil fuel than it saves. [Note that this dates from 6 years ago]

Unfortunately it is not unique. I want there to be some oil left for future generations and to see so much wasted on these pointless projects is depressing.

This Winter people in many countries will experience the result of Green policies! Perhaps people will realise that ‘Green’ means freezing and starving. Green policies can not be left to the fantasies of activists and politicians. Engineers, accountants and other rational people need to be involved to try and ensure that projects actually produce the desired result, a holistic approach.

It may also mean that there will be a revision of peoples’ attitudes to green policies. The right wing parties seem to have the majority of seats in Sweden after the current election. I am sure it won’t be the last. I feel it may not be the appeal of right-wing policies but may be the only way to escape the suffering of ‘green’ policies.

boscohorowitz
    Participant

One of the things websites like this do for its conversationalists is reflect them off each other so they can feel like they’re sane, not the only renegade thinker on the planet.

Being human, we of course then proceed to compete in debates of Who is Saner than Whom. Who knows the real hidden skinny. And so forth:

vbn

fgh

For those raising wee ones in these ignoble times:

Lullaby

boscohorowitz
    Participant

Pamela Lillard,of the above-shared lullaby, died “Pamela Lillard, a long-time resident of Topanga Canyon, passed away unexpectedly on May 13.” (2021)

She was 64 years old. One expects she was vakzinated per normal due diligence.

Rain

I first discovered her as the music behind this world-shaking video:

Dog Wynz Chizbooger!

I’ll say goodbye with this:

Now and Then

citizenx
    Participant

Russian weapons are designed by the Russian military. Their goal is effective weapons.
    US weapons are designed by US corporations. Their goal is excessive profits.
    Dark Matter

Spot on. RF payback to the US? When the US criminal Govt was funding Bin Laden/pre Al Quesadilla in Afghanistan- providing weapons, cash, training, intel- every stinger that takes down Rus chopper is a blow to USSR economy. US Govt credits itself with taking down USSR via proxy Afghan and creating its 911 evil doers… 2 birds one stone.

Jokes on the US now… RF laughing at the US fiat bankrupting itself via Totenkopf Zelenskys Regime. How many more trillions to azov-UKR while Western Europe freezes and collapses from sanctions?
    Well played RF. Clowns like choo choo don’t realize that RF playing the long game in UKR brings the US Regime closer to collapse every $ingle day.

Why would the RF sacrifice its resources and soldiers when every day brings the US Regime closer to its own self destruction by its own retarded strategies? US Regime creates and supports its own monsters- Al Quesadilla, ISIS, Azov – all the same US sponsored Terrorists and War Criminals cannibalizing itself.

Rf plays chess, while the US destroys itself. “Grand Chessboard” my ass Brzezinski.

Afewknowthetruth
    Participant

To answer the question, I believe there is no evidence America had the technology required to transport several men to the Moon, keep them alive for a week or so, and transport them back to the Earth. There is no evidence humans ever landed on the Moon.

I believe the dimensions of the Lunar Rover do not match the dimensions of the transport system that supposedly took it to the Moon.

I believe it is not possible for the occupant of a capsule to speak with people on Earth during a landing and there be no engine noise.

I believe it is impossible for a landing capsule to create no dust-free area, yet people create footprints in dust.

I believe footage of supposed lunar vehicles corresponds exactly with slowed-down footage of such vehicles driving across sand.

I believe all the so-called reports came from one source, which had total control over what the general public were presented with.

I believe there is so much evidence of fakery it would take me all day to present it.

The fact that YouTube has removed all the documentaries relating to the evidence is a strong indicator the landings were faked.

The fact that the entire Moon programme came to an abrupt halt 50 years ago and was never resurrected tells an important story.

boscohorowitz
    Participant

I have no horse in the moon landing hoax race. Either way, the moon is a harsh mistress and I still miss Mike, my only cybernetic friend. But it would be easy to dismiss Afewknowthetruth’s lunar hoax claims as really, really, really stupid batshit crazy, altho I think that one ‘really’ would suffice.

Wholly Lunar

Everybody’s got a heretic cow in their backlot. Many people think Darwin was a loon. There are those who swear Biden is not an animatronic hologram. Me, I don’t believe Santa Claus died for our sins.

The Immortal Claus

Afewknowthetruth
    Participant

Next week will be very ‘interesting’. The biggest bubble in history cannot be kept inflated any longer. In fact, it is deliberately being popped.

Not that it matters to most visitors to TAE but the Kiwi dollar slipped below 60c US yesterday; 18 months ago it was 72 cents US. The Euro and Pound are also being pounded.

I had an interesting conversation with a local, who told me the deceit and crime organastion that pretends to run things around here and steals money from us to give to sociopaths wants to change the name of a street, Pound Street, to something else.

Nothing to do with fiat currency though. It was the site of the pound.

I always have trouble with this one, and forgive me for not looking it up.

He who controls the present controls the past. And he who controls the past controls the future.

Bad as things are here, I’m happy to not be living in Argentina, or Turkey, or any of the other countries with fiat currency devaluation rates of 60+% per annum.

Veracious Poet
    Participant

This conjunction of an immense military establishment and a large arms industry is new in the American experience.

The total influence—economic, political, even spiritual—is felt in every city, every statehouse, every office of the federal government.

We recognize the imperative need for this development. Yet we must not fail to comprehend its grave implications. Our toil, resources and livelihood are all involved; so is the very structure of our society.

In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military–industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists, and will persist.

We must never let the weight of this combination endanger our liberties or democratic processes. We should take nothing for granted.

Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry (*FAIL*) can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals so that security and liberty may prosper together. ~ Eisenhower’s farewell address, January 17, 1961

Veracious Poet
    Participant

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.