I Am Julian Assange

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum I Am Julian Assange

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Carl Spitzweg The raven 1845   Julian Assange appears to be painfully close to being unceremoniously thrown out of the Ecuadorian embassy in Lond
    [See the full post at: I Am Julian Assange]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Assange may well be thrown out; what better time to chalenge the hegemon?
    I think the time is ripe for this to happen.
    There is much more to be said, but not at this time, but shortly…

Within 2 mintutes of publishing this the Ron Paul Institute asked for permission to republish.

zerosum
    Participant

We do not have a grip on reality the way most people see it

truth tellers

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=truth%20teller
    One who has a grip on reality the way most people see it
    The story telling form is often linear and applies concepts generally accepted as real and beliefs and values that do not get challenged much.

whistle blowers
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whistleblower
    is a person who exposes any kind of information or activity
    Whistleblowing is a topic of ongoing ethical debate.

Dr. D
    Participant

“Looking at latest decisions of @realDonaldTrump someone could even think: with friends like that who needs enemies. But frankly, EU should be grateful. Thanks to him we got rid of all illusions. We realise that if you need a helping hand, you will find one at the end of your arm.”— Donald Tusk May 16, 2018

May be getting the message. Enough lying, you’re on your own.

rapier
    Participant

Assange made the same mistake AE did. That is aligning with the fascists to defeat neoliberalism It won’t work. The fascists today in the West are simply neoliberals with a catch. Catch 22 if you will. Markets, with a nationalist/racial patina.

Assange and AE are the Walter Duranty’s of this age. Imagining themselves players in some historic struggle that can be won. Making the hard tactical choices. Thus missing the great gift that is life. There is no final victory to be had.

Nassim
    Participant

I fully sympathise with Assange.

The Australian governments – both parties – are disgrace for not protecting him. It just goes to show that Australia is still a colony of the UK.

V. Arnold
    Participant

The editor in chief at the Bangkok Post was sacked for his reporting on Prayut Chan ocha, Thailand’s PM.
    The Nation’s cartoonist was threatened last month; but decided to carry on as well. So far so good.
    Fear rules our world and causes us to make very bad decisions; and we all become prisoners with no bars…

V. Arnold
    Participant

Be sure to remember:

Fear is a thief, do not let it steal from you.

Thanks AE for the article. To me, JA is a symbol of the slide we are barrelling down toward the nightmare outlined by George Orwell in his seminal book 1984.

My suggestion is for the little people ( like myself ) who are aware to embrace an everyday campaign to raise awareness. I would humbly submit an iconic visual symbol ( such as the Che Guevara or Obama ‘hope’ ) be created to grace millions of T-shirts and stickers. We have to resist.

We can’t in good conscious, let this key injustice be ignored and pass into the mist of history.

oxymoron
    Participant

Thanks so much for this article. Raul – you, and your like are Julian Assange. Where would we find facts or perspectives without the tireless activities of you and your like. I for one salute you and imagine a world where alternative media is shut down entirely and think of these words – “There will be blood”.

As for reality. In the framework of understanding laid down by those of us enlightened. We are either asleep or awake – which really has nothing to do with this world as we see it. But while dreaming I would at least prefer to call bullshit – bullshit!

Any system under too much pressure will break. Like a river red gum tree in a long drought that simply drops an entire limb, (sometimes hundreds of years grown) to save itself – I hope society will do the same with usury.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.