What Resilience Is Not

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum What Resilience Is Not

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Unknown Dutch Gap, Virginia. Bomb-proof quarters of Major Strong 1864 A little over a week ago I published an article at The Automatic Earth by our fr
    [See the full post at: What Resilience Is Not]

Formerly T-Bear
    Participant

Oh! That Yves! I am not going to bother with an opinion of Yves Smith’s Naked Capitalism Salon and Bordello and the pseudo-intelligencia that self-pleasure there. Life is too short for that carry-on.

TheTrivium4TW
    Participant

Is there any way to minimize the risk of various forms of monetary confiscation for money held in a trust investment account (in my case as trustee for 15+ years)?
    I get Treasury Direct and diversifying into reality when the blood is flowing over the deflationary spiked pit ahead of the hyperinflation wall, but I don’t see how that can be done inside a trust investment account.
    Any ideas are much appreciated.

John Day
    Participant

@TheTrivium4TW
    Everybody wants to know how to preserve wealth going into massive wealth destruction.
    “Wealth” means the ability to command what you want to be done, and the “right” to certain physical properties. When the fuel runs low, and supply chains don’t work, and people break ranks and pick winners and losers, what is “wealth” then, and where is it located?
    Electronic money allows the masters of the universe to take a bit and then a bit more from everybody, and to starve all those who don’t participate.
    How do you think that will play out?
    I think it will be subject to collapse, and parallel, physical currencies will prevail.
    It could be really ugly for awhile, maybe longer than you and I will live through.
    WTF is “wealth”?I’m gardening, and I know how inadequate it is, but it is something.

Ishkabibble
    Participant

A person focused on ‘me mine and my family’ does not invest in four years of blog posting to share knowledge and helping others. I don’t see any selfies at Dr. Nelson Lebo III’s site. I don’t see much in the way of ego either.

It would be helpful if critics would perhaps be less critical and judging, choosing instead to build off the gifts of others.

TheTrivium4TW
    Participant

Your freedom exists is the space between stimulus and response.
    Unfortunately, people have been programmed to respond to the stimulus with no space inbetween.
    There aren’t many people who actually think, hence, the tyrannical rulers are quite satisfied.

Enginer
    Participant

Many resilient types consider junk silver coins as the best form of exchange when fiat money goes poof. To se how this would work, in th obvious batter economy to come, you trade some of your lettuce or tomatoes you grew for a dozen eggs, throwing in a could of real silver dime for good measure.

As regards climate change, the US Govt is totally unprepared for the next 30 – 40 years of cooling expected by Russia and China. China, of course, is tying farmland in Africa, which should be largely unaffected The US will not get with “Sustyainability” until someone starts to explain “entropy” at the high school level. Since most college grads, even in STEM subjects cannot, it will be a while..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.