Brexit: The System Cannot Hold

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Brexit: The System Cannot Hold

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Stephen Green 18×24 inches. 2016. Acrylic on canvas. MuseumofAwesomeArt.com Well, they did it. A majority of Britons made clear they’re so fed up with
    [See the full post at: Brexit: The System Cannot Hold]

Nassim
    Participant

Very nice summary. Thank you Raúl 🙂

Maybe Farage is not quite dead yet. We will see.

V. Arnold
    Participant

I posted this at the thread below, so now that there’s a dedicated (Brexit), I’ll re-post it here:
    I posted this at MoA (a cautionary tale):
    I wouldn’t be getting too exuberant here; 48% – 51.7%. A country truly divided with barely a majority win.
    I hope they (Brits) leave; at least 3 maybe 4 other EU states are talking about leaving; so, it’s begun, but, some very slimy characters with lots to lose are going to do everything they can to change the outcome.
    If, in the end, they fail to stop the exit, “we” win. We being the working stiffs, the ones usually cheated and robbed by the neo-liberal scum.

V. Arnold
    Participant

I love Yeats:
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned.
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity.

That last line says it all for today’s world, no?

Ken Barrows
    Participant

Don’t think the lack of a FTSE drop (relatively) is ironic. This will hurt the EU more than the UK.

Professorlocknload
    Participant

Deflationary?

Professorlocknload
    Participant

What to do?
    Get the hell out of the bonds, including the dollar? 1.47 Yield? Do we really think this is going even more negative? Or do we suppose the PPT/Fed is in full on liquefy-it-all mode, Katy bar the door?

Busy weekend at Eccles 😉

VisionHawk
    Participant

Brexit – perhaps a little clarity??

I suspect that even Cameron voters changed horses – and the reason is the fear of being swamped by hordes from elsewhere. Under EU rules Britain would have to accept what the EU decrees – now it doesn’t.
    Yet again matters Economic are obfuscating the real reasons…..

Having said that – let’s look forward to the dawning of better days!

VisionHawk
    Participant

Brexit – perhaps a little clarity??

I suspect that even Cameron voters changed horses – and the reason is the fear of being swamped by hordes from elsewhere. Under EU rules Britain would have to accept what the EU decrees – now it doesn’t.
    Yet again matters Economic are obfuscating the real reasons…..

Having said that – let’s now look forward to the dawning of better days!

TheTrivium4TW
    Participant

>>It’s high time for something completely different, because we’re in a dead end street.<<
    We are in a dead-end debt monetary system. If you change the “street” without changing debt-based monetary systems to non debt-based monetary systems then you’ve accomplished very little – and nothing in the long run.
    But we aren’t supposed to touch the debt-money system per Krugman’s warning, right?

I see debt-people in the debt-money Matrix.

John Day
    Participant

Massive losses will be “realized” throughout the world by second-tier and lower elites. Soros bet hard against markets, bought gold, and warned how everything would be so chaotic and bad in finance if Brexit was voted in. Did top tier elites make it look like they would rig this vote, then not-rig-it on purpose? Big head-fake, if so. The BIS boot was full of busy bankers yesterday and today. Looks like globalism just got an embolism.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.