China Cedes Virus Control

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum China Cedes Virus Control

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Saul Leiter 463 1956   • Hubei’s Coronavirus Cases Rise 10-Fold After Change In Diagnostic Criteria (SCMP) • COVID-19 Coronavirus Cases (Worldome
    [See the full post at: China Cedes Virus Control]

oxymoron
    Participant

The manufacturing of key components of medicine in China is fascinating to me. This outsourcing and just in time delivery thingy is brittle at the core. This virus is just one of many potential threats to the reliable arrival of what we need. This is really starting to look like a big time humanitarian disaster rolling out. I hope things get better soon. The Chinese are just stuck in their houses with no work and a huge sense of fear. They must be getting stir-crazy too. As for being on that cruise ship – bugger that!

V. Arnold
    Participant

Thank you, thank you, thank you Ilargi…

The whole world flashing before your eyes; strobe style…news no where to be found except everyfuckingwhere!!!!
    And its all rubbish; every paragraph, sentence, word, coma, period, exclaimation point, and asteric….

My fallback is something from long ago: Fear is a thief; don’t let it steal from you…
    Cheers

boscohorowitz
    Participant

“• Hubei’s Coronavirus Cases Rise 10-Fold After Change In Diagnostic Criteria (SCMP)”

Funny. I was thinking today’s lead headline would be something like this.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Wonderful…

Dr D Rich
    Participant

This is what you get when the system places nursing assistants, social workers, nurses, technicians, attorneys and businessmen in “leadership” over physicians with 10, 15, 30 years of experience; and then labels any physician resistant to these sick arrangements ‘disruptive’, the new Scarlet Letter A of the healthcare industry. Or near and dear to my heart, a bottom dweller classmate who managed to be Chinese and never pass the National Boards and specialty boards was just named CEO of Beebe Healthcare in Delaware. So, ask each other and then consult Dave as to how to distinguish the radiological differences between atypical pneumonia caused by a virus and, let’s say, Mycoplasma pneumoniae.
    I mean damn, just where is the sympathy and empathetic assistance for a country and people under duress, and if true as to the scale and scope, of unprecedented proportions? Y’all do know when they say the treatment is “supportive” that means there is no cure and all they can do is offer “support”, right?
    And perhaps it already occurred to many that this crisis is a manifestation of war by other means, right?

sumac.carol
    Participant

I will go back and flog alternative medicine again here. No vaccine for 18 months and no reference to alternative therapies, other than washing your hands and wearing a mask. In my home I have a library full of books on alternatives that at least should be tried. There are broad spectrum antivirals such as garlic that are on the list. Immune system support would also be important (that would be echinacea and the correct part of the plant). I have heard no one accessing the knowledge of experts in the alternative health world, nor have I heard anyone accessing and highlighting the knowledge of indigenous healers – it would seem these folks live in a different, invisible plane on this planet.

Dr. D Rich if we step outside the coronavirus box for a minute it is evident that doctors are the cause of a non-trivial number of health ills and therefore they are not above the need for some “oversight”. One example: over-prescribing of antibiotics leading to antibiotic resistance (I have never heard of the medical community recommending people eat meat raised without antibiotics, which would have an important impact on the resistance issue).

sumac.carol
    Participant

Dupe

zerosum
    Participant

I’m lost!
    I only can take a guess or speculate that is based on rumors and hope.

USA never gives jobs to incompetent politically appointed children of the elites
    Solution … Build wall …. Go/stay home behind wall

Those that don’t die from the new virus will not die from the old regular virus.
    The new virus is saving 10 of thousands of people from dying from the old virus

sumac.carol
    Participant

Viruses rule!!! Simple – not complex! – but powerful. Oh, and quite adaptable too.

Doc Robinson
    Participant

“95 percent of U.S. imports of ibuprofen, 91 percent of U.S. imports of hydrocortisone, 70 percent of U.S. imports of acetaminophen, 40 to 45 percent of U.S. imports of penicillin, and 40 percent of U.S. imports of heparin, according to the Commerce Department. In total, 80 percent of the U.S. supply of antibiotics are made in China.”

I had no idea that the US (and perhaps most countries in the world) are so dependent on “Chinese medicine”.

Dr D Rich
    Participant

Oversight by a lawyer, nursing assistant, nurse, social worker or businessman while placing a physician unable to pass National Boards Parts I, II, or III OR his specialty boards doesn’t remotely solve problems of “antibiotic overprescribing” as an unnecessary distraction to this discussion. No wonder what these Leadership folk have to fall back on are issues of decorum, civility being the current trigger term for overly sensitive leaders who are far too conscious of their inadequacy.
    We should be helping and supportive, nothing more, nothing less.

sumac.carol
    Participant

I understand the need for good oversight D. Rich but oversight is needed nonetheless and that may not necessarily come from other doctors. Doctors are fallible -just like everyone else and experts in all fields. Over-prescribing antibiotics (and not endorsing the consumption of organic meat and dairy) has a very large impact on health outcomes and health options and provides evidence of this fallibility.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.