Debt Rattle August 10 2021

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle August 10 2021

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 135 total)
  • Author
    Veracious Poet
    Participant

those darned kids:
    It seems you believe certain things about our current “situation”, and most of these things seem to be in line with what our governments have been telling us.

First question you should probably ask is whether he/she/it still believes that Iraqis were killing babies in that Kuwait hospital…

Some of these sheeple have been drinking the koolaid for a long, long time.

upstateNYer
    Participant

veracious, some sheeple like the taste of koolaid and have no intention of giving it up.

upstateNYer
    Participant

also, veracious, it is quite painful when you give up the koolaid. Once you’re off the substance, ordinary things in everyday life don’t look quite the same. Makes you feel like you’re a half a bubble off all the time. I can understand why most people aren’t interested.

Mister Roboto
    Participant

If deflationista is willing to put aside their Trump Derangement Syndrome for twenty-six minutes, they might benefit from watching this particular Chris Martenson video:

upstateNYer
    Participant

@absolute: “Breakthrough” for Dummies”

“As more people get shots, the percentage of hospitalizations and deaths among fully vaccinated people should rise. This may seem counterintuitive, so it’s important to understand why.

It seems counterintuitive because that’s not what the lying liars told us would happen after people got vaccinated. Period. I’m not falling for the Winston rewrite narrative.

The vaccines failed. They have risk of serious side effects and provided what appears to be almost no benefit. If they worked, why would the % of vaccinated in the hospital be even somewhat equal to the % of the population that has been vaccinated? The % of the vaccinated hospitalized should be significantly lower because the vaccines work and the vaccinated people aren’t getting sick enough to hospitalize.

For gods sake, we need to take a big step back and think about the stupidity of this entire argument, which is one I see in comments all over the internet. Why, why, should vaccinated people be sick in proportionately increasing amounts just because more of the population is vaccinated?? There is a level of idiocy to this argument that … I Just Can’t.

Btw, @absolute, you’re getting good at this rendering down. Are you writing a Dummies book? 🙂

VietnamVet
    Participant

Having known WWII, Korean and Vietnam Veterans, I never trusted ones who told tall tales, the quiet ones’ eyes told the truth. IM Doc’s post brought tears to my eyes. A first for the thousands of blog posts that I’ve read. This shows the stress isolation produces. Yes, if it has a happy ending, it would make a Hallmark movie.

But last week I realized there will be no happy endings. The mRNA vaccines may or may not extend life and reduce the severity of the disease, but this has yet to be proven. They have no effect on the transmission of the virus. To control the pandemic, democracy and a working public health campaign is needed that commits all the resources available to making the nation’s population healthy once again. The restoration of democracy and the rule of law in the USA is needed. More likely, the global oligarchs will blow things apart to grab the last bit of worldly wealth available.

An uplifting video tune from I don’t remember where.
    Just say no.

ctbarnum
    Participant

@deflationista

“The commentary on this site reads like a special segment from the My Pillow Guy’s Cyber Symposium. And, just as factual.”

Far be it from me to state this, but you are here, why? Did the CDC send you?

absolute galore
    Participant

ctbarnum wrote:Far be it from me to state this, but you [deflationista] are here, why? Did the CDC send you?

I think it’s obvious that, just like our government and its various branches–CDC, NIH, NSA, CNN, MSNBC, GAFAM, NYT, ETC–he’s concerned about us and wants to keep us from harming ourselves. I feel protected knowing he is watching over us and checking in. The adult in the room, as it were. How he puts up with our antics while maintaining his quick wit and hip humor I can’t begin to fathom! God bless!

Mister Roboto
    Participant

Far be it from me to state this, but you are here, why? Did the CDC send you?

I asked the same question facetiously, but pushback inevitably generates counter-pushback. That’s why I think any future replies to them should be confined to attempts to point them in a more constructive direction, however ultimately futile. Otherwise, mental kill-file city.

ctbarnum
    Participant

“How he puts up with our antics while maintaining his quick wit and hip humor I can’t begin to fathom! God bless!”

Agreed!

@Mister Roboto

While our brother in site certainly has a decent point now and again, I myself can’t seem to deny a good smack when one goes off the rails that far. Point taken though.

upstateNYer
    Participant

@absolute, I sort of wondered that about deflationista. Why bother reading comments if you think we’re blithering idiots wandering lost in a desert of tinfoil sand grains?

But I just finished watching the Martinson video @mister posted. I had known about that study but it slipped to the back of my mind … however, now I am going to retract my previous sarcastic comments to deflationista and offer an olive branch. 🙂

Hang out with us awhile if you are interested in keeping an open mind. If you are not able to do that, perhaps examine why you are reading and commenting here?

Back when I went to church we ended the service by turning to others around us and saying, “Peace be with you …” And the response would always be, “And also with you …”

Lovely practice, isn’t it?

upstateNYer
    Participant

my parents, I loved that video, and I don’t particularly care for rap. I want the best for our young people’s future. I want them to see, understand, and push back. Thank you. Saved on youtwitface (joke, sort of). Will watch again.

Veracious Poet
    Participant

upstateNYer:

Some sheeple like the taste of koolaid and have no intention of giving it up. ~ It is quite painful when you give up the koolaid. Once you’re off the substance, ordinary things in everyday life don’t look quite the same. Makes you feel like you’re a half a bubble off all the time. I can understand why most people aren’t interested.

Swillin’ the sweet pablum surely is an addiction, with soul crushing consequences…

The Three Poisons (buddhism):

1> Moha (confusion, ignorance)

2> Raga (desire, sensuality, greed)

3> Dvesha (hatred)

Ego reduction at depth is key to the door that leads to spiritual enlightenment.

The mystical feeling of enlargement, union, and emancipation has no specific intellectual content whatever of its own ~ William James

Doc Robinson
    Participant

upstateNYer: “…perhaps examine why you are reading and commenting here?”

The putdowns and non-constructive criticism could be attempts to make them feel better about themself (by putting others down).

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” – Aristotle

Know thyself.
    Nothing to excess.
    Surety brings ruin.

(Three maxims carved into stone at the entrance to Apollo’s temple at Delphi in Greece, according to the internet.)

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 135 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.